General OoC discussion

load previous
Nov 23, 2015 8:44 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
We are currently still proceeding in initiative order, yes?
Yes, I'm continuing initiative for round 7, assuming that the party may wish to confront the guy in the attic. But all apparent enemies have surrendered on the ground floor and second story. No PC is down in the basement.
Nov 23, 2015 3:32 pm
Quest says:
If I can see him I can hurt him
I've been reading up on the Mystic because I'm in awe of Quest. The text on Mind Thrust says you must perceive the target but not necessarily have to see him. :-)
Nov 23, 2015 5:44 pm
Candi says:
I was rolling well when I wanted to kill things, and when I want to do something cool... the dice fail me.
Tell me about it. Where are our Hollywood writers when we need them?
Nov 23, 2015 5:51 pm
CancerMan says:
Candi says:
I was rolling well when I wanted to kill things, and when I want to do something cool... the dice fail me.
Tell me about it. Where are our Hollywood writers when we need them?
Apparently we're in a comedy?
Nov 23, 2015 5:58 pm
I just thought of that, too. I could see Sara's bad roll occurring in Pirates of the Caribbean.
Nov 23, 2015 9:43 pm
CancerMan says:
I just thought of that, too. I could see Sara's bad roll occurring in Pirates of the Caribbean.
Oh great, give the GM ideas for how this can go wrong... next thing I'll be rolling through the village, trying to stay atop the mill wheel :P
Last edited November 23, 2015 9:43 pm
Nov 27, 2015 9:04 pm
Just a note about the verisimilitude of people jumping out of windows: stress can make one choose poorly. Jumping out of windows often does seem like a viable option to people in distress, and I don't need to look as far as the people leaping out of high rise buildings in the world trade center plane crashes to find examples. While I was at university, our dorm had a fire in the middle of the night. My room mate and I got dressed in a hurry and left out the stairway that wasn't on fire, but there were other students who lost it and leaped from their windows, breaking their legs and spines, while others ran through the burning stairway and were hospitalized and horribly scarred.

The only reason I was as (relatively) calm about it is that I had already been through a house fire at that point, and knew in retrospect (from personal experience) that panic does not help as much as measured action.

But my guess for this thug is that he'd never really been threatened for his life before.
Nov 28, 2015 2:05 pm
Plus, we have a half-dragon! :-D
Dec 1, 2015 9:35 am
Sorry for the long wait, everyone!
Dec 3, 2015 3:34 pm
From where Thacogygax is standing on the dock does he hear any of the goings on upstairs? The arrival of the mob, for instance?
Dec 3, 2015 6:52 pm
Why, that sounds like a perception check, Jabes!
Dec 4, 2015 9:15 am
spaceseeker19 says:
Why, that sounds like a perception check, Jabes!
Instead of creating a new post I added a perception roll to my last post.
Dec 7, 2015 6:25 am
I'm sorry if the open-endedness of my last post is holding things up! I meant that to fade into a cut to the inn with everyone there including Thaco.
Dec 8, 2015 6:13 am
I have a (minor) question for the players: do you prefer to continue the action in the same game thread, or do you prefer to have separate threads for each "section" of a game? I don't have a strong preference, and I thought some or all of you might...
Dec 8, 2015 6:54 am
I think if there's a clear-cut distinction between this phase and the next, then a separate thread might be fine. As it stands now, I'm not sure where the group is going to go after convening at the Inn; presumably we'll discuss that in-thread, and when we decide what to do, we can also see if a new thread is in order.

Personally, I have no preference. Thanks to GP's unread-post feature, I can easily follow along wherever the action takes us.
Dec 8, 2015 1:47 pm
I like separate threads. Like chapters in a book.
Dec 9, 2015 10:47 pm
Hey Everyone! So my internet is fritzy, so I may leave for day long periods. If I'm gone and my action is needed, just do what you think my character would do. I'll try to be here as much as possible.
Dec 10, 2015 12:12 am
OK, thanks for letting us know!
Dec 10, 2015 12:21 am
Everyone: at this point, there's a few things that I can suggest as next courses of action. PCs can:

* continue role-playing through the celebration. Xana is fleecing Klak of coin, after all.
* attempt to ferret out clues relating to Black (though here's a freebie: each PC has already got the sense from the townsfolk that they've been actively hunting for Black for some time, and have come up with nothing concrete, so they're on quick alert status to respond to any threats, and expect to only get leads indirectly, through seemingly unrelated activity)
* seek out and find class trainers so you'll know where they are later. Note: I was going to introduce each class trainer during this party, but then I realized that not everyone is necessarily going to train in the same class they started in, so I'll let you drive seeking out which class trainers you want to meet. So far, we have seen Cormac (fighter trainer), Diana (cleric trainer), Tuan Vo (monk trainer), Njall (paladin trainer), and Mironund (mystic trainer).
* work on setting up the Dungeon Busters office
* investigate the rumors you've heard about Orlane (which brought you to Hochoch in the first place)

I'm sure you have other ideas.
Dec 10, 2015 5:55 am
Klak, a dwarf of action, except when he's not, will hearken to the idea of looking into this Orlane place,
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.