General OoC discussion

load previous
Feb 16, 2024 6:58 am
Just FYI: I'm going to be at DunDraCon 47 on and off all weekend, so my posting may be sporadic after the turn five post for the next few days.
Feb 16, 2024 12:13 pm
Safe travels, and have fun!
Feb 16, 2024 3:27 pm
FYI I’ll be on vacation starting Wed. 2/21 but will try to keep up with posts when not passed out from jetlag.

Len

Feb 16, 2024 10:20 pm
Have fun, folks!
Feb 27, 2024 5:26 pm
FYI: some of you may know already from other games, but JoshuaMabry has made the hard decision to step away from Gamers Plane, due to new work and life commitments. Coincidentally, the party's rogue, Joseph, is unconscious but stable at 0 HP.

There's a couple of questions this raises: the short-term and the longer-term.

In the short term: if you as the party want to revive Joseph, Albertus can use an application of his healer's kit and Joseph will roll his hit die (if he hasn't already today) and I will run him as an NPC as you explore the rest of the Ruins for information that could help revive Devek (and maybe treasure, though the party has been pretty content to let the treasure go so far). If you don't revive Joseph, you'll have an all-player party, but no rogue. Which is OK.

In the longer term: Do you want to continue as a 6 PC party, or should I open the game up to new PCs when the party has returned to Hochoch and resolved the Jarls' problem? 6 PCs is plenty for now, but probably the minimum for surviving later parts of this classic AD&D adventure. I certainly would want to get more PCs if the number ever drops below 6. We don't have to answer this question right away, of course, but I wanted to start you thinking about whether you will want to invite more people when we get to that point.
Feb 27, 2024 6:05 pm
OOC:
The healer’s Kit - does Joseph have one? Bc Al does not. I can’t view Joseph’s sheet to know for sure.
I’m all for continuing into the ruins to find more useful info. And if I’m dense and just missing details, I’m sorry, but I also don’t think we want to not be claiming treasure all along the way either.

Edit - Sry, I totally DO have a healers kit, dunno how I got in my noggin that I didn’t. All good now!
Last edited February 27, 2024 6:32 pm
Feb 27, 2024 7:16 pm
I'd prefer Joseph being played as an NPC until we return to Hochoch or other reasonable spot to part ways. Otherwise, I was going to play Aanbo as carrying Joseph the whole time, or creating a litter to transport him. So if Albertus is fine with spending a use of his healer's kit to revive Joseph, I will forego my own HD recovery.
Feb 27, 2024 9:24 pm
Keeping him around as an NPC is probably for the best.
Feb 27, 2024 9:27 pm
CancerMan says:
I'd prefer Joseph being played as an NPC until we return to Hochoch or other reasonable spot to part ways. Otherwise, I was going to play Aanbo as carrying Joseph the whole time, or creating a litter to transport him. So if Albertus is fine with spending a use of his healer's kit to revive Joseph, I will forego my own HD recovery.
I expended a use for Josephus, keep with your own recovery too, I just added a use for his, plenty left on the kit, all good.
Last edited February 27, 2024 9:28 pm
Feb 27, 2024 9:42 pm
Aanbo is currently at 12/19 HP, having gained some due to leveling up, so I think he's fine for now. He also already spent his 1 HD when we rested after a battle with the priests on the second floor.
Mar 12, 2024 8:33 pm
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Sorry, it's been a hectic few days. Applying for a mortgage and trying to decide if I want to apply for extra to get an addition put on my house, so I've been looking at possible floor plans for new rooms!
Congratulations! Completely understandable.
Mar 23, 2024 12:24 pm
I have given this some thought and I've decided that I'm going to bow out of this game. I have a lot going on and 5e really isn't my thing anymore, so I think this is my best choice for games to drop. It was fun playing with you all!
Mar 23, 2024 9:01 pm
Thanks for the memories, Naatkinson! It's been a fun several years!

Like the other PCs whose players have bowed out, Ogbar will continue as an NPC back in Hochoch after the party resolves the crisis with Devek.

Len

Mar 25, 2024 7:01 pm
Sorry for the spotty participation lately, I've been having some health troubles for the last week and a half. Sick kids, sick wife, and sick me. Hoping for recovery soon, thanks for your patience.
Mar 28, 2024 4:09 am
It's been great playing with you again Naat! Best of luck!
Mar 29, 2024 11:54 pm
"Also, we've been trying to reach you about your wagon's extended warranty."

Realized I wasn't sure of day/month/year, so if it's relevant I can edit that bit of the letter... but I'm ok with using placeholders. While I appreciate lore and storytelling as much as any of us, it's less important that today is a particular day... and more important that the day was included in the letter so the man has an idea of when we were there should it ever become relevant to our story.
Mar 30, 2024 3:15 pm
It's a wonderful letter; I love the idea that Theran documents things this way.

Len

Mar 30, 2024 4:48 pm
Yeah, that was amazing MaJunior!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.