Character Creation

load previous
Apr 28, 2016 9:36 pm
Yeah, almost finished the character. I hope you are okay with Wild Magic. Im going Forest Gnome Wild Magic Sorcerer with Bowyer Guild Artisan background. Im not doing fleshing out his background, but he is pretty much ready to play. He's going to be passionate about crafting bows. Im just not sure how I want to approach where he got his magic from. I want to think about it a bit more. Think its going to be a fey creature that gave it to him. Anyways, ya :D
Apr 29, 2016 12:54 pm
I think with Wild Magic, you don't need to have a source, it's just like a magical anomaly in you
Apr 29, 2016 12:56 pm
luchadorjose says:
I think with Wild Magic, you don't need to have a source, it's just like a magical anomaly in you
That's correct. I also love Wild Magic and will make you roll for a surge on every spell you cast that's 1st level or higher.
Apr 29, 2016 1:07 pm
With how many 1's I've seen on gamersplane, you'll probably be surging all the time! lol
Apr 29, 2016 3:12 pm
Haha, awesome... I'm not held accountable for what happens in the game posts :)
Apr 29, 2016 3:17 pm
Go ahead and submit him as soon as you're ready :)
May 1, 2016 3:02 pm
Quote:
Gimblyn Tumtwig Figglebauter
Male Forest Gnome Sorcerer Guild Artisan

http://41.media.tumblr.com/1661d1503dc9b4b076d4452f338c9555/tumblr_nk5t9cSH6I1qg908ko1_500.jpg

Background
Gimblyn Tumtwig Figglebauter is a meticulous bowyer part of a small community of forest gnomes who live in the outer borders of the Neverwinter woods just east of Neverwinter. They are known for the fine craftsmanship and generous nature. The community has been around for hundreds of year, not always in the same spot. The Mt Hotenow being so close to a large port city provides many options for a sustainable life. The rivers in the forest never run cold and the Guild Hall in Neverwinter is a great source of information and work. Gimblyn owes everything to his guild, he would go at great lengths to protect them.... and they have proven to do the same for him.

When Figglebauter was young, he noticed a strange change in his natural aura. The way he felt and interacted with the environment felt different, in a way he couldn't explain. One evening, while Tumtwig was frolicking through the thick green of Neverwinter woods, a pack of wolves blinded by hunger attacked the forest gnome. Not being a skilled fighter, Gimblyn was scared for his life. The first of three wolves pinned him to the ground, feral barks wetting his face with slobber. The forest gnome closed his eyes and pushed the wolf with all his force. As he pushed, he could feel the flow of the forest extended out through his finger tips in a fire bolt. The wolf went flying back, landing hard and yelping in fear. The gnome, scared himself, stood up in awe of what he had just done. Within seconds, the wolves were circled by a wall of flame. A loud shriek cut through the air as the flames intensified, completely engulfing the wild animals. A few whimpers later and the wolves were dead.

This event devastated Gimblyn, he had never hurt anything before that moment. The loss of control scared him, especially with this hidden power within his little gnome body. Seeking answers and help, Figglebauter searched for mentor. Someone who had experience with magic and was one with nature. On his search, he came across several people ready to abuse this new found magic. Gimblyn would not allow that. Eventually, he found a male druid by the name Reidoth. The druid had been known to be like an almost guardian of the rune of Thundertree. Seeing the good heart of the gnome, Reidoth trained him to control his wild magic more effectively. However, he is still not able to control the random side effects that occur when the magic is released.

Now, Tumtwig continues his training in the woods while using his bowyer background to act as a distraction when times get rough. Reidoth has recently asked the forest gnome for a favor, which he agree to without question.

Rolls

Trinket - (1d100)

(4) = 4

Jul 12, 2016 6:11 am
Hi! How should I join the action? This is my first pbp, so I'm not familiar with the flow yet.

I suppose I roll stats and submit a character idea, right? Here goes my first roll...

Ok so: 9, 13, 11, 15, 12, 12
Pretty average! A little flatter than the standard array. Let's see what I can do with it.
Last edited July 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Rolls

Stats - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (5113) = 10

4d6 : (2625) = 15

4d6 : (6321) = 12

4d6 : (3456) = 18

4d6 : (6511) = 13

4d6 : (2515) = 13

4d6 : (2113) = 7

Jul 12, 2016 1:02 pm
Go ahead and make your character and submit him, once we get him approved I'll find a way to get you into the game.
Jul 12, 2016 1:03 pm
Right now we have a Fighter, Ranger, and Sorcerer, so your options are pretty open now
Jul 14, 2016 8:20 am
In the spirit of uncommon races, I think I'm going with a Goliath. And with my flat set of stats, I think is like to make him a bard! Details to come...
First level I presume?
Jul 14, 2016 11:08 am
Go ahead and start at level 3, that's where everyone else is at
Jul 16, 2016 8:49 am
Stormsong is ready to go. I'd type up some background, but I'm on borrowed time, on vacation with the family for another week or so. I hope studded leather and a shield are ok. I know he can now have medium armor and other marshal weapons, but I'll stick with what he has for now.

https://imgur.com/gX6pAGG

3rd level HP:
Last edited July 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Rolls

HP - (2d8+11)

(84) + 11 = 23

Jul 18, 2016 12:22 pm
Stormsong has been approved, just have to figure out a way to incorporate him into the story!
Aug 19, 2016 2:31 am
Now that I'm shopping, what starting gold do you recommend when starting at 3rd level? For now, I'll note the 10 gp starting gold for a soldier.
Aug 19, 2016 3:55 am
I started with the 10gp. We had earned some from the previous encounters.... which reminds me, did we play that Wish made off with all the cash? I only started keeping track when he dropped out.
Apr 24, 2017 2:49 pm
Level up!
Bardic Insp now d8, refresh on short rest
+3 proficiency

Rolls

Level up - (1d8+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Wand of MM recharge - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

May 1, 2017 1:18 am
Attuning to the staff. Now I can attack twice per turn, and proficiency is +3.

Rolls

HP - (1d10+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

You do not have permission to post in this thread.