OOC Discussion

load previous
Nov 28, 2015 12:50 am
I can't believe you rolled a 1 on your death save, *sigh*
Nov 28, 2015 12:52 am
I have faith that I will survive! Did you think I'd crumble, did you think I'd lay down and die? Oh no, not I!

Well, I do have a backup character concept in mind, too. :)
Nov 28, 2015 1:00 am
CancerMan says:
Well, I do have a backup character concept in mind, too. :)
Wanna share with the class? lol
Maybe start rolling him up just in case? That's usually what I do when I get close to death, just to avoid using too much time!
Nov 28, 2015 2:12 am
Sure!

I was thinking of a Halfling Paladin, who works as either a private investigator or a detective. He's been assigned the difficult task of finding a murderer, or someone with knowledge of a murder, who originated in a faraway place called Amruthar. Nasty bit of business, that. Some old noble family met an untimely demise at the hands of their servants, and a few members have since gone missing. The paladin's job is to find clues as to the whereabouts of any survivors and hopefully ideas as to possible motives behind the murders.

He's not from Amruthar, but his service for the temple of Tyr often takes him to a number of places. He is not the typical Paladin in the shiny armor with holy shield sense, but the calling's practically the same. His division sends out agents to troubled areas, sometimes at the request of the local constabulary, other times at the request of the ruling class, and this halfling is one such agent.

He's got a Folk Hero background with some minor Noble (no real rank nor retainers, but as a paladin he's had to hobnob with the upper crust) and started work as a village sheriff, helping bring criminals to justice by relying on detective work, insight into people, and some persuasive talking. I'm thinking of a Columbo type of vibe mixed with a bit of Jessica Fletcher.

Anyway, this is the basic hook and concept I've been thinking about ever since I rolled that 1. I'll save rolling for later, along with the reservation that this concept might change based on the rolls I get, if it does come to that.
Nov 28, 2015 11:09 am
Sorry for the wait - I'll submit my move later this morning, whether or not Xora kills this sword 3 yahoo. I'm hoping she does, so I can use my free action to dash, rather than disengage.
Nov 28, 2015 2:39 pm
Am I at disadvantage to shoot an arrow into his face?
Nov 28, 2015 3:16 pm
Moofsalot says:
Am I at disadvantage to shoot an arrow into his face?
Any ranged attack roll made within 5 ft of an opponent is at disadvantage.
Nov 30, 2015 7:49 pm
Just waiting on SS19 to take his turn :)
Dec 2, 2015 6:27 am
Whoops! Sorry for the wait, everyone! I was waiting to see if Xora could drop Sword 3 before I submitted my move, and then the holiday weekend was nuts.

Standard combat actions in future that can happily be applied in my absence:
- if adjacent to an enemy that is adjacent to an ally, Wish will attack to get his additional sneak attack damage.
- if in the same situation but there are other enemies with ranged weapons peppering everyone with arrows/bolts/stones/whatever, Wish will use his free disengage action and then move to attack the ranged attackers.
- if not adjacent to an enemy, Wish will move to attack any available enemies, in this priority: spellcasters, ranged attackers, melee attackers.
- Attacks will be with his rapier if he can reach the target; otherwise he'll use whatever ranged weapon is at hand.
Dec 3, 2015 6:15 am
Phew, thanks for the save, folks.

You know, I think I will still pursue the paladin angle come next level. Kama's got the minimum Charisma for Lay on Hands!
Dec 4, 2015 9:08 pm
CancerMan says:
OOC: Not sure how wounding to incapacitate works, but I'm trying to ensure we have at least one of them alive to interrogate.
When you reduce an enemy to 0 HP with a melee attack you may choose to knock them unconscious rather than kill them :)
Dec 4, 2015 9:13 pm
Awesome, thanks! I'll apply that for this battle, pending the results of course.
Dec 9, 2015 9:23 pm
Going to change the initiative rules up a bit. Instead of being a straight d20 roll, I will roll init for each of you, and if more than half of you beat the opponents roll, the players will go first. Sound fair?
Dec 9, 2015 10:12 pm
Sounds good to me!
Dec 10, 2015 1:08 am
I think "I, Monster" is the name of what they're currently reading as this month's selection for the Neverwinter Scrolls of the Month Club.
Dec 10, 2015 4:31 pm
Just waiting for the party to decide what they're gonna do :)
Dec 10, 2015 8:12 pm
Hey, we're second level now! We can take on a Beholder!
Dec 10, 2015 8:21 pm
I like your enthusiasm! You can be in front!
Dec 10, 2015 9:33 pm
Gonna give Xora and Hollow some time to do some stuff, seems like they're laying low! Hope it's not because things have been going too fast. I've been trying to slow it down, I promise!
Dec 10, 2015 9:39 pm
Nah just haven't figured out what to do yet. Hmmmm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.