OOC Discussion

Oct 28, 2015 3:16 am
Any OOC Discussion here
Oct 28, 2015 7:23 pm
Does anyone else find it amusing that we're all in several other games together?
Oct 28, 2015 7:47 pm
I do! Sometimes I fear that I'll mix up character, people, and games.
Oct 28, 2015 7:48 pm
Same here, I'm always double checking to make sure I'm acting the right way for my character lol
Oct 28, 2015 9:43 pm
I always post in first person, so it's surprising to me that I've only posted in the wrong game thread once so far...
Last edited October 28, 2015 9:44 pm
Oct 29, 2015 3:52 pm
Has anyone here played or DMed this adventure before?
Oct 29, 2015 4:04 pm
I have not. I've seen this module mentioned many times, both here and other places, but never had the opportunity to actually play it until now. I've also been avoiding any other games on this site that are running the same adventure.
Oct 29, 2015 9:00 pm
I listened to a podcast up through the encounter where the players find the horse. After that I stopped listening in case I ever played the adventure.
Oct 30, 2015 4:22 am
Doot doot doot

Just waiting for spaceseeker19 to make his first post verifying that he is truly ready :)
Oct 30, 2015 4:45 am
I hope we're up to the part where we find a beautiful banquet set out for us and then all have a picnic.
Oct 30, 2015 6:46 am
I've run part 1, maybe 20 games ago. I remember stuff from the background better than details about the adventure, and also how impressed I was with the game design, how it gradually introduced complexity as "Night's Dark Terror" did.
Oct 30, 2015 4:45 pm
This is my first attempt at Theater of the Mind DMing in years, so please bear with me :)
Nov 2, 2015 5:06 pm
I think that Kama's wayward thoughts may get him into trouble!
Nov 2, 2015 5:26 pm
Yeah, wandering eyes should be a Flaw on one of the tables. Acolyte or Folk Hero, maybe. I've never played a character with that flaw before, but I'm currently playing one in the Orphans of Waterdeep game where we're all playing teenagers. Thinking way back to what life was like as a teen, it occurred to me that the awkwardness of hormones played a big part, so it's become a bit of a running joke/quirk of my halfling character. I think it's funny, especially because it's not salacious, but embarrassment plays a big part of it.
Last edited November 2, 2015 5:33 pm
Nov 2, 2015 5:28 pm
Kinda feel like there should be a background based personality table to roll on AND then just a general table to roll on in addition. Some traits derived from background and then some based on your base personality too
Nov 2, 2015 5:34 pm
I think that's a great idea. I may do that!
Nov 2, 2015 5:45 pm
I also like having the freedom to pick Flaws from other backgrounds. Though sometimes it's really hard to pin down the "right" Flaw. I guess that while I might have a general personality in mind, it's not completely fleshed out until I get that character into the thick of role-play. Kama's wandering thoughts was purely a result of the open opportunity, because I figured he's the type of half-orc farmer folk-hero soldier that doesn't have the mental discipline to NOT filter them.
Nov 3, 2015 6:27 pm
I realize that my shape water cantrip likely won't do any good here, but the fact that I can breathe underwater and swim at my full move makes me think I might be able to do a check of some sort to grab Xora and keep her head above water...? Maybe that would confer advantage to one or both of us on one or the other of our checks?
Nov 3, 2015 6:30 pm
I will grant you advantage on the Strength save as you are used to fighting the currents and rushing waters of rivers. The water that rushes down the tunnel is not super deep, she shouldn't have too much trouble keeping her head out of the ater
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.