OOC Discussion

load previous
Dec 14, 2015 7:38 pm
Naat, what do you use to build your maps? That's some solid work there.
Dec 14, 2015 7:40 pm
These are the official maps imported into the "3D Virtual Tabletop" app for Android
Dec 14, 2015 7:43 pm
Thanks! Nice to see they have an iOS version, too. I'll definitely look into this for anything I might want to run.
Dec 15, 2015 8:37 pm
So, I was thinking that maybe when we're done with LMoP we could move on to Princes of the Apocalypse. What do you all think? Princes even has a section on moving from the Phandalin to Princes.
Dec 15, 2015 8:48 pm
I'm fine with that!
Dec 15, 2015 9:23 pm
No idea what that means, but sure!
Dec 15, 2015 10:41 pm
Princes of the Apocalypse is another adventure campaign made for D&D5. I think it has to do with Elemental Evil, which I've heard about by name, but have never experienced game-wise. Built for characters in levels 1 through 15.
Dec 15, 2015 11:33 pm
Princes of the Apocalypse is actually levels 3 through 15, which is why we'll do that one. Don't want your levels to be too high.
Dec 15, 2015 11:50 pm
I'm delighted at the idea of continuing, though it seems like planning really far into the future - I expect that we're going to be in and around Phandalin for months of real-time. But hey, I like all of you and am enjoying playing D&D with you, so I'm all for continuing!
Dec 28, 2015 7:06 pm
HAHAHAHA! Kama and Wish are doing brutal damage to the crevasse walls, being unable to hit the nothic as they are!
Dec 28, 2015 7:22 pm
'Tis a shame the nothic wasn't intimidated by the damage we did to its cave.

By the way, we didn't have a long rest from the fight at the Sleeping Giant, right?
Dec 28, 2015 7:27 pm
CancerMan says:
'Tis a shame the nothic wasn't intimidated by the damage we did to its cave.

By the way, we didn't have a long rest from the fight at the Sleeping Giant, right?
Nope, you didn't indicate a long rest. At least not that I remember
Dec 28, 2015 7:34 pm
Okay, just confirming. I also don't think we've taken a short rest.

For the party's benefit, I'm down to 5/19 hit points, and no Relentless Endurance, Second Wind, or Action Surge.
Dec 28, 2015 8:09 pm
I don't assume that Xora and Hollow are gonna be able to do much here, but we'll give it some time, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!
Dec 28, 2015 9:19 pm
I can bite em? Or decide that yes, nap time is good.
Dec 30, 2015 1:48 pm
Ok, this is something I've been debating for a while, and something I allow at my home table. How does everyone feel about allowing people to use their inspiration for a re-roll after the fact instead of advantage?
Dec 30, 2015 5:07 pm
Is "after the fact" after you've determined the results, or after we've seen the roll and assume it's going to need a re-roll?

I'm okay with anything, really.
Last edited December 30, 2015 5:07 pm
Dec 30, 2015 5:10 pm
CancerMan says:
Is "after the fact" after you've determined the results, or after we've seen the roll and assume it's going to need a re-roll?

I'm okay with anything, really.
How about after the roll, but before results are revealed? I don't particularly mind doing it after the results are revealed, but that might require too much post-editing to be worth it.
Dec 30, 2015 5:20 pm
It sounds like some of the other re-roll abilities and feats, so I'm not opposed.
Dec 30, 2015 8:29 pm
I'm ok with the idea, I'd even say I like this idea. I mean, it isn't exactly what the designers intended but as a PBP we have a different experience than an 'At-The-Table' game. I intend to us a poker chip for players to put in front of them when I run a live ATT game to remind them of the potential to use it. In this format we could be out running errands or taking a break from work when we post and we might not always remember all of out options.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.