INTEREST CHECK - Tales from the Loop

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 16, 2019 6:56 pm
The artwork IS really amazing.
May 16, 2019 7:09 pm
Basically, the Loop is a giant particle accelerator. The setting as-written assumes there are only two Loops in the world: one on the Malaren Islands in Sweden, which is basically the "primary setting", and one in Boulder City, NV, featuring Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam. I don't hate the American setting at all, I'm just a sucker for interconnected islands and getting around by boat.

There is a "hometown hack" chapter, where they talk about how to homebrew a loop for other locations. I'm open to that option, but for now, I'd probably just as soon use the Boulder City locale if it was the same to everyone else.

I guess what I'm saying is this: I'm leaning towards Boulder City, and unless players want to make a case for a Swedish or homebrewed setting (which, if you want either of those, please make your case), that's where I'd expect the game to be set.
May 16, 2019 7:09 pm
I, too, am largely indifferent. Should we choose the Swedish location, I'm going to play the most American-Swedish kid imaginable, so it won't truly impact how I roleplay, I don't think. The rulebook appears to be weighted towards the Swedish location, but it makes generous allowances for the US location.

Note that the locations are quite specific in the book; although a GM could homebrew his/her own world, I'm assuming Santouche will want to use the "official" locations/descriptions in the text. (I know I would -- I can't imagine running a brand new system and also creating the world at the same time, even though that's exactly what used to be done!)

I will gladly comply with the US setting
Last edited May 16, 2019 7:10 pm
May 16, 2019 7:15 pm
US setting in the desert is totally fine by me!
May 16, 2019 7:43 pm
Being a new player, I agree, we should be where it would easiest. My vote is for the US.
May 16, 2019 7:58 pm
Groovy. That's a solid democratic majority - Boulder City it is.
May 17, 2019 12:23 am
fictional US sounds good
May 17, 2019 4:27 pm
Alright, I put some background/setting info up on the game forum for you all to peruse at your leisure (will add some more, particularly images etc, as time allows - if you have the book and have already read it, it's all material from there), as well as started up a Kid Creation forum. See you all over there!
May 17, 2019 6:29 pm
Is it necessary to have the books to play? I know very little of the mechanics but am aware of the general setting.
May 17, 2019 6:30 pm
Nope! Super simple mechanics, no need to have any of the books.
May 17, 2019 8:19 pm
Cool; any room left :)
May 17, 2019 8:22 pm
Yessir, last spot for now! Maybe I'll open up more in the future once we see how the game plays. I'll send you an invite, welcome to the party.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.