OOC Thread

load previous
Dec 9, 2015 6:57 pm
Just wonder how the force dies are goijg to work in this pbp? Seeig they werr all black and gm didn't use any, are we going to keep those black ones or roll at some point?

Just asking because on our roll20 game the flow of force die go back and forth almost every roll.
Dec 9, 2015 7:38 pm
Both Star Wars games I'm in, I love the droid players :) I hope one day to play a droid as well (and entertainingly) as I've seen it done so far!
Dec 9, 2015 10:12 pm
with the compliment the droid rolls into view turns and faces the post reader (you), where g5 promptly retracts his third wheel. With a sudden a quick Chirp the droid opens and extends one of his manipulating arms and snaps too, give a snazzy droid salute, you can even hear the tiny rap of metal as the arm makes contact with the dome part of his chassis.

"Wheeder Wheeder , ththpp Pop, weeee zok detter da" comes out of the binary voice modulator and G5 returns to mobile mode and retreats off the other side of the screen.

What the droid said is a matter for another post....
Dec 10, 2015 12:33 am
Btw I am having allot of fun with this game watching us flesh out our characters. I am looking forward to interactions and being tricked i to being the shoeld of the group.
Dec 10, 2015 6:04 am
I'll start using the Destiny points a little more aggressively since they're all black -- but given it was the first encounter AND how the initial attack turned out for Moro and Kael, I thought it best to hold back on any advantages the Imperials might have through a destiny point.

I'm still working on the right balance on destiny points -- I want to make usage of them suitably meaningful (versus just 'handy') and ensure I'm not being narrow in my thinking of how events can unfold.
Dec 10, 2015 6:06 am
...also with respect to binary -- it can be up to you guys collectively how easy or hard it is to understand G5. Star Wars canon is replete with people who clearly understand the commentary coming out of the astromechs (movies, Clone Wars, Rebels, etc.). Find what works best for you all to have fun and that works for me. :)
Dec 10, 2015 12:30 pm
That and I actually speak binary (as in Moro does :p)
Dec 10, 2015 1:50 pm
If a droid was thrown at the opposition... How much damage would that be?

Just wondering. :))
Dec 13, 2015 7:57 pm
As its becoming evermore clear that even though I'm running a FFGSW game, I'm an idiot in how to play it (plus, every GM is different), as an old combat drone, does it look like maybe I could convince this droid to let me look at its circuits, and with R5s help, maybe reprogram it to help us?
Dec 13, 2015 8:35 pm
Keleth says:
As its becoming evermore clear that even though I'm running a FFGSW game, I'm an idiot in how to play it (plus, every GM is different), as an old combat drone, does it look like maybe I could convince this droid to let me look at its circuits, and with R5s help, maybe reprogram it to help us?
I would say you can do anything.... If you are able to get a good enough roll
Dec 15, 2015 4:08 pm
Sorry for the delay -- I got hit by a stomach bug yesterday.. will try and get caught up today.
Dec 17, 2015 8:54 pm
If you saw my last post's roll jump around a bit, it's because I found a bug in the graphics display. I have a patch, but I'm working on a permanent fix.
Dec 26, 2015 4:15 pm
Sorry gang -- Christmas consumed me from about 12/23 on -- catching up.
Dec 26, 2015 4:20 pm
G5 -- having reviewed the Warfare skill in some more detail, my sense is that if there is something egregiously wrong with your plan, a successful warfare skill will remind you of something critical that you shouldn't overlook. Otherwise, the act of coming up with a plan is more RP vs. a skill check. Let me know if you're trying to accomplish something different with the check.
Dec 26, 2015 6:40 pm
I would concur with that overall statement on its intent but with the following addendum.

Skill rolls add flavor and spice to the narrative time and determine specifics in structure time or why have a skill at all.

Success will confirm soundness of strategy/tactic
- Each additional success will allow for the recall information or complete research with remarkable haste (specific to task at hand)
Failure will not confirm soundness of strategy/tactic

Advantage per normal general use
- learn additional trivial detail about subject
Threat per normal general use
- omit a vital detail of the subject

Triumph per normal use
- add significant beneficial information, point our specific weakness
Despair per normal use
- insert misinformation or direct falsehood

Warfare - Battle Plan (GM to add Difficulty Roll)
1Y/3G/2B vs 2P/1B
4 Success, 3 Advantage
2 Failure
FINAL RESULT = 2 Success and 3 Advantage

What am i trying to accomplish is to determine what additional narrative items can bee added to our Role-play. Using the current dice pool (subject to GM approval) i would like to do the following

A: 1st Success - plan is tactically sound (weather or not the player agree to follow it is another matter like you stated, via RP)
B: 2nd Success - G5 would spend this to gain additional insight to the base structure as the droid compare the layout to all know Imperial structures similar to this one on file (what is recalled I'd leave to the GM, think of it as adding spice to the meal
C: 3 Advantage, I would ask that because of the graphically enhanced plan that everyone knows the plan and has agreed to follow it should result in the 1st round of structured combat be a free round to us (Teams 1 and 2) as a result of total surprise. This would cost all 3 advantage in my opinion.
Last edited December 26, 2015 7:04 pm
Dec 29, 2015 3:42 pm
To clarify, Darth and Kj - are you guys headed the subterfuge route or planning on a frontal assault (given G5's input?).
Dec 30, 2015 12:41 am
who said anything about a frontal assault?
Dec 30, 2015 3:28 am
well you didn't, but it's unclear what their intent is to me. :)
Dec 30, 2015 3:29 am
lol yea true dat true dat
Dec 30, 2015 4:10 am
Hmm i think we were all walking together towards the landing bay and talking as we go. Making more plans before we spilt up... Unless we are all going to the shuttle.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.