OOC Thread

Oct 31, 2015 3:06 am
Use this thread for general OOC conversations.
Nov 4, 2015 4:08 am
So I'm gonna try to get a char done today/tomorrow, but its a bit iffy, and this weekend (and every weekend this month), I'm not in town, so while I'll try to post as much as I can, it won't be as much as some might want.
Nov 4, 2015 4:07 pm
Acknowledged. I can manage you for when you're not around. I try not to do stupid things and have you remain more or less in character as I do so. :)
Nov 5, 2015 1:02 am
Working on CHR tonight, more to follow
Nov 5, 2015 10:38 am
This is definitely relevant.
Nov 5, 2015 2:29 pm
Candi says:
This is definitely relevant.
Lmao i saw that yesterday. Hilarious. I am going to post it for our roll20 group because we have a bothan.
Nov 7, 2015 4:11 pm
Whirp, beep, bop....$%@%#$%^#&&#%&#....tthhhhpppp
Nov 13, 2015 12:15 pm
Are we still waiting on Keleth's character? Could always start with some introductory role playing to keep the momentum going while we wait :)
Nov 13, 2015 10:12 pm
I think we are waiting for the GM also
Nov 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Booooo...p
Nov 13, 2015 10:48 pm
Not waitin' on me so much -- still waiting on Keleth's character. :)
Nov 13, 2015 10:49 pm
Nonetheless, I'll kick something off tonight so you guys can RP a bit while we wait for Keleth (assuming you haven't already).
Nov 15, 2015 4:49 pm
Hey gang - this forum isn't updating its 'new posts' icon for me when I see posts here, so please consider subscribing to the forum to receive an email notification of new posts.
Nov 15, 2015 5:02 pm
I have a "lastest post" page opened up and just refresh it. I can not or do not receive emails for subscriptions.

Also i do not have a name or race for Brosck's friend. Any ideas would be helpful. I like Star Wars but I don't really "know" Star Wars.
Last edited November 15, 2015 5:04 pm
Nov 17, 2015 3:54 pm
Kjmagle says:
I have a "lastest post" page opened up and just refresh it. I can not or do not receive emails for subscriptions.

Also i do not have a name or race for Brosck's friend. Any ideas would be helpful. I like Star Wars but I don't really "know" Star Wars.
There are lots of different Star Wars races, as you know. It's likely the Cliffview skews to near-humans or humans for "customer" interaction and may save slightly more divergent races (e.g. Trandoshans, Bothans, Mon Cal) for support roles, given the Empire's distaste for non-humans.

http://thompsonpeters.com/eote/misc/NPCgen/ might be helpful.
Nov 17, 2015 9:05 pm
All,

If you haven't already -- you have some room to ensure you have appropriate weapons and supplies for your character on hand. Feel free to post your proposed items here and I'll put the kibosh on anything too outrageous. I'd assume that everyone has a commlink, some appropriate clothing of choice, a ranged weapon and possibly a melee (depending on the character), a glow rod and a couple stimpacks. Other items, if your sheet doesn't have 'em and I haven't seen 'em, are welcome -- just lemme know.

Assume if it's in your sheet as of now (1:04pm pacific 11/17) i've seen it and am okay with it if you don't have a PM from me.
Nov 17, 2015 9:20 pm
The computer I put on my scheet: I just made the assumption that it is basically a bit more powerful than a standard datapad, and has the advantage of having Photoshop CS -1928 (I imagine that's the version they were on back then and so far away).
Nov 17, 2015 9:42 pm
Keleth says:
The computer I put on my scheet: I just made the assumption that it is basically a bit more powerful than a standard datapad, and has the advantage of having Photoshop CS -1928 (I imagine that's the version they were on back then and so far away).
No worries. This is fine.
Nov 17, 2015 10:10 pm
Keleth says:
In our roll20 game my guy has the newest datapad with Bantha 5 OS :-)
Nov 18, 2015 7:19 pm
Heads up -- no power at home, so no internet. I'm delayed as a result in updating the game.

We're working on 21 hours w/o power, so hopefully it'll be back soon.
Nov 18, 2015 8:26 pm
Thanks for the update and totally cool woth me.

Also i am liking how this is starting so far. I think everyone is doing great with their characters.
Nov 19, 2015 10:22 pm
after 24h no power i had a business trip to CA today -- home late tonight. sorry for the delays!
Nov 26, 2015 1:14 am
Update coming tonight. I'm at the pool at the moment and don't have my source material handy.
Nov 30, 2015 3:19 am
I will be posting tomorrow morning.
Dec 1, 2015 5:49 am
All! Hope you had a good weekend -- and for those of you in the US, I hope you had the opportunity to have a good thanksgiving. I'm back from my travels and while I'm travelling with work this week, I will have time to myself in the evenings (pacific) where I can post some updates. We should be rolling again!

Thanks for your patience!
Dec 1, 2015 5:53 pm
Update coming later tonight. should be fun. :)
Dec 1, 2015 10:57 pm
Candi says:
http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/exploringourmatrix/files/2014/02/wpid-Photo-Feb-17-2014-225-PM.jpg
I have been busy all day but saw that earlier... And i just got it now.
Dec 2, 2015 5:27 am
...isn't that a heavy blaster?
Dec 3, 2015 11:00 am
So I take it kjmangle is the player in the first group? (I'm learning the game as my pbf games go, this is my first combat!)
Dec 3, 2015 12:00 pm
I play with starwarsrpg in a regular group Edge of the Empire on roll20 and we have play for over a year. It takes awhile to get use to the system. The hardest thing to do in this game is deciding what to do with the advantages but they are so helpful telling the story.
Dec 3, 2015 12:06 pm
For the game is Brosck able to move to the leader and engage melee or are the 2 troopers in the way?
Dec 3, 2015 5:20 pm
Yes Brosck can engage with a move.
Dec 3, 2015 5:44 pm
So, what can you do with a turn? Move + Action (like most RPGs?)
Dec 3, 2015 6:04 pm
Yup - move + action, you can give up an action for another move if you want.

Sample move actions are:
* aim (gives you a boost die)
* assist (give someone a boost to what they are doing)
* guarded stance (when engaged, be more defensive)
* interact with environment
* manage your gear
* mount/dismount
* move. :)
* drop prone or get up

Actions are stuff like:
* activate an ability
* activate a force power
* perform a skill check
* perform a combat check
* perform an extra maneuver

You can take 2 strain to do two maneuvers + 1 action if you like (e.g. use stim pack, aim and fire). you can never take more than two maneuvers though, so you can't do: maneuver, action->maneuver, 2 strain->maneuver.

Make sense?
Dec 3, 2015 6:37 pm
And apologies in advance to Kael and Moro for rolling that well!
Dec 3, 2015 6:47 pm
I blame Keleth, he programmed the roller after all (which has so far given us 0 destiny points, and nearly killed two of us).
Dec 3, 2015 6:57 pm
Time to reprogram the roller...

If Keleth is in game an roller is player, roll 20s. Even if it's not standard dice.
Dec 3, 2015 9:11 pm
Sorry I haven't posted yet. Day at the dentist with my 3 year old. Not funn i should have something by this evening.
Dec 3, 2015 10:49 pm
lol and Keleth gets Triumphs and and 20s... always.
Dec 5, 2015 12:19 am
I would think it would be beneficial that after a roll to edit your post with how you spend ones triumphs or advantages right away. That way we all can create a nice story with different ideas.
Last edited December 5, 2015 12:22 am
Dec 5, 2015 12:43 am
I concur - if you have advantage, feel free to edit to tell me how you wish to spend it. If you don't tell me, I'll assume strain recovery or will use it to modify a story element in your favor -- but I prefer players to own spending advantage.

Similarly, threat is mine to spend. :)
Dec 6, 2015 12:58 am
Agreed, GM can always steer the description to create a better fit.
Dec 6, 2015 2:47 am
Are all the troops taken care of now?
Dec 6, 2015 2:51 am
DarthWash says:
Are all the troops taken care of now?
I think Corellia is still sorta alive.... Or on fire
Dec 6, 2015 5:02 am
Corellia is both alive and still on fire.
Dec 8, 2015 12:11 pm
Will any of the uniforms make a passable disguise, or are they all scorched?
Dec 8, 2015 4:42 pm
Three of 'em are in pretty terrible shape, for sure. It's possible that Yavin and Alderaan might do, except Yavin's has several large slices taken out of it thanks to some vibroknuckles and Alderaan has a blaster scorch mark prominently in the ribcage.
Dec 8, 2015 5:04 pm
Ah well. If only Kael had been shot in the ribcage and not the legs/back :P
Dec 8, 2015 5:22 pm
I'm not sure if there's canon on this or not... but as a former Imperial slave, it's likely I'm branded or have something that marks me as an Imperial sanctioned alien, right? Maybe we can still make something work by switching chestplates with a more intact one?
Dec 8, 2015 6:31 pm
Not to mention I ripped off their insignias
Dec 8, 2015 6:52 pm
I realize I never asked about a medpack. Can I use medicine to try to patch up? I'm guessing not, right?
Dec 8, 2015 8:48 pm
Keleth says:
I realize I never asked about a medpack. Can I use medicine to try to patch up? I'm guessing not, right?
yeah i was going to say you were wounded pretty good right?
Dec 8, 2015 9:12 pm
I have a stim pack I was gonna use in combat, but as we're out of combat now, I'm wondering if I can heal up elseways. I do intend on taking medic eventually...
Dec 8, 2015 9:59 pm
You can try if someone with traininng can try however if not successful can cause damage.
Dec 9, 2015 1:50 am
Unless you have a medpac (and someone with the skill to use it) your best bet is to use a stim.
Dec 9, 2015 2:06 am
Yah, i knew about the medpack. Wasn't sure about medpackless rules.
Dec 9, 2015 3:41 am
Wounds take a lot of time to heal without drugs, IIRC.
Dec 9, 2015 5:46 pm
falryx says:
Wounds take a lot of time to heal without drugs, IIRC.
What if Brosck just walks over there and rub some dirt on his wound??? :-))
Dec 9, 2015 5:53 pm
:)
Dec 9, 2015 6:57 pm
Just wonder how the force dies are goijg to work in this pbp? Seeig they werr all black and gm didn't use any, are we going to keep those black ones or roll at some point?

Just asking because on our roll20 game the flow of force die go back and forth almost every roll.
Dec 9, 2015 7:38 pm
Both Star Wars games I'm in, I love the droid players :) I hope one day to play a droid as well (and entertainingly) as I've seen it done so far!
Dec 9, 2015 10:12 pm
with the compliment the droid rolls into view turns and faces the post reader (you), where g5 promptly retracts his third wheel. With a sudden a quick Chirp the droid opens and extends one of his manipulating arms and snaps too, give a snazzy droid salute, you can even hear the tiny rap of metal as the arm makes contact with the dome part of his chassis.

"Wheeder Wheeder , ththpp Pop, weeee zok detter da" comes out of the binary voice modulator and G5 returns to mobile mode and retreats off the other side of the screen.

What the droid said is a matter for another post....
Dec 10, 2015 12:33 am
Btw I am having allot of fun with this game watching us flesh out our characters. I am looking forward to interactions and being tricked i to being the shoeld of the group.
Dec 10, 2015 6:04 am
I'll start using the Destiny points a little more aggressively since they're all black -- but given it was the first encounter AND how the initial attack turned out for Moro and Kael, I thought it best to hold back on any advantages the Imperials might have through a destiny point.

I'm still working on the right balance on destiny points -- I want to make usage of them suitably meaningful (versus just 'handy') and ensure I'm not being narrow in my thinking of how events can unfold.
Dec 10, 2015 6:06 am
...also with respect to binary -- it can be up to you guys collectively how easy or hard it is to understand G5. Star Wars canon is replete with people who clearly understand the commentary coming out of the astromechs (movies, Clone Wars, Rebels, etc.). Find what works best for you all to have fun and that works for me. :)
Dec 10, 2015 12:30 pm
That and I actually speak binary (as in Moro does :p)
Dec 10, 2015 1:50 pm
If a droid was thrown at the opposition... How much damage would that be?

Just wondering. :))
Dec 13, 2015 7:57 pm
As its becoming evermore clear that even though I'm running a FFGSW game, I'm an idiot in how to play it (plus, every GM is different), as an old combat drone, does it look like maybe I could convince this droid to let me look at its circuits, and with R5s help, maybe reprogram it to help us?
Dec 13, 2015 8:35 pm
Keleth says:
As its becoming evermore clear that even though I'm running a FFGSW game, I'm an idiot in how to play it (plus, every GM is different), as an old combat drone, does it look like maybe I could convince this droid to let me look at its circuits, and with R5s help, maybe reprogram it to help us?
I would say you can do anything.... If you are able to get a good enough roll
Dec 15, 2015 4:08 pm
Sorry for the delay -- I got hit by a stomach bug yesterday.. will try and get caught up today.
Dec 17, 2015 8:54 pm
If you saw my last post's roll jump around a bit, it's because I found a bug in the graphics display. I have a patch, but I'm working on a permanent fix.
Dec 26, 2015 4:15 pm
Sorry gang -- Christmas consumed me from about 12/23 on -- catching up.
Dec 26, 2015 4:20 pm
G5 -- having reviewed the Warfare skill in some more detail, my sense is that if there is something egregiously wrong with your plan, a successful warfare skill will remind you of something critical that you shouldn't overlook. Otherwise, the act of coming up with a plan is more RP vs. a skill check. Let me know if you're trying to accomplish something different with the check.
Dec 26, 2015 6:40 pm
I would concur with that overall statement on its intent but with the following addendum.

Skill rolls add flavor and spice to the narrative time and determine specifics in structure time or why have a skill at all.

Success will confirm soundness of strategy/tactic
- Each additional success will allow for the recall information or complete research with remarkable haste (specific to task at hand)
Failure will not confirm soundness of strategy/tactic

Advantage per normal general use
- learn additional trivial detail about subject
Threat per normal general use
- omit a vital detail of the subject

Triumph per normal use
- add significant beneficial information, point our specific weakness
Despair per normal use
- insert misinformation or direct falsehood

Warfare - Battle Plan (GM to add Difficulty Roll)
1Y/3G/2B vs 2P/1B
4 Success, 3 Advantage
2 Failure
FINAL RESULT = 2 Success and 3 Advantage

What am i trying to accomplish is to determine what additional narrative items can bee added to our Role-play. Using the current dice pool (subject to GM approval) i would like to do the following

A: 1st Success - plan is tactically sound (weather or not the player agree to follow it is another matter like you stated, via RP)
B: 2nd Success - G5 would spend this to gain additional insight to the base structure as the droid compare the layout to all know Imperial structures similar to this one on file (what is recalled I'd leave to the GM, think of it as adding spice to the meal
C: 3 Advantage, I would ask that because of the graphically enhanced plan that everyone knows the plan and has agreed to follow it should result in the 1st round of structured combat be a free round to us (Teams 1 and 2) as a result of total surprise. This would cost all 3 advantage in my opinion.
Last edited December 26, 2015 7:04 pm
Dec 29, 2015 3:42 pm
To clarify, Darth and Kj - are you guys headed the subterfuge route or planning on a frontal assault (given G5's input?).
Dec 30, 2015 12:41 am
who said anything about a frontal assault?
Dec 30, 2015 3:28 am
well you didn't, but it's unclear what their intent is to me. :)
Dec 30, 2015 3:29 am
lol yea true dat true dat
Dec 30, 2015 4:10 am
Hmm i think we were all walking together towards the landing bay and talking as we go. Making more plans before we spilt up... Unless we are all going to the shuttle.
Dec 30, 2015 4:26 pm
I had the impression from the description that the subterfuge route (the access hatch) is being guarded; I got the impression that frontal assault is the only option available at the moment?
Dec 31, 2015 3:30 am
Apologies -- the access hatch is /not/ guarded -- but will take some checks to get in without being seen. The front door IS being guarded by several guards.
Dec 31, 2015 3:37 am
Well, Kael is exceptionally good at talking and not terribly good at sneaking or shooting. Is anyone else a decent sneak? Getting one of us between the front door guards and the shuttle would be great... Brosck actually would be best, but I don't know if he could get through the hatch quietly.
Dec 31, 2015 3:44 am
You do know that in order to pass as Imperials you're going to need to look like Imperials.. in the case of the alternate route, the key thing is prying open the grate without creating a ruckus. Skulduggery or Athletics will be required.
Dec 31, 2015 3:28 pm
Yes I do know that (I complained about Brosck and G5 destroying the uniforms with fire and for the sake of souvenirs for a reason) ;)
Dec 31, 2015 3:35 pm
Brosck has a 3 ... But Brosck smash.

And the uniforms are not as cool as souvenirs. :-)
Dec 31, 2015 3:36 pm
Yea, that's why he only took the rank insignia off of them. Just the souvenir-y part.
Dec 31, 2015 3:38 pm
Also Brosck could sneak and be quiet... If say he was the tricked into doing it. Lol
Last edited December 31, 2015 3:38 pm
Dec 31, 2015 3:57 pm
That's what Kael's thinking about right now... ;) Going to wait on the uniforms alternative before pursuing the 'trick Brosck into being a ninja' route.
Dec 31, 2015 3:59 pm
I wana try to keep this guy in character as much as possible even if it means he dies. I shoukd have made him dumber though.lol
Jan 2, 2016 4:01 pm
starwarsrpggm says:
DICE POOL:
- How is the gm spending the threat?
I have a plan and prefer not to reveal it at this time. Thanks.

Please try to keep completely OOC threads out of the main thread, thanks!
Jan 2, 2016 6:42 pm
Not sure how PC vs PC interactions are going to be handled - but, in case Kj wants to use dice to see if Brosck is convinced, and since Kael is a better charmer than I am at RPing a charmer - I made a roll. Presence 4, Charm 2 and +1 Boost from my racial ability. You can see why I want a uniform so Kael can start talking to people ;)
Jan 2, 2016 10:47 pm
I would want Brosck to believe that with a sparkle in his eye day dreaming of the battle.

Gm: i fig it would be a willpower thing if any. What woukd you want me to roll if you want a roll?
Jan 4, 2016 3:00 am
Gah - sorry for the delay, still not getting 'new post' updates in the forum list..
Jan 4, 2016 3:02 am
Kjmagle says:
I would want Brosck to believe that with a sparkle in his eye day dreaming of the battle.

Gm: i fig it would be a willpower thing if any. What woukd you want me to roll if you want a roll?
On player v. player roleplay/actions -- I'm okay if you guys want to resort to dice. I'm also okay if you are happy to just roleplay it and let it be. In the case of resisting a charming argument -- the skill in question is Cool (Pr).
Jan 4, 2016 3:33 pm
I rolled because i like to roll for things. He was successfully convinced.
Jan 8, 2016 7:31 pm
I hate to ask, but that post covers the triumph and the 3 advantage correct?

...no i don't.

im a droid, a rolling calculator that takes everything to at least 13 decimal places...so was there any change left on the counter... :)
Last edited January 8, 2016 7:32 pm
Jan 8, 2016 8:09 pm
Nah - just the triumph (that was me making failure + triumph work). 3 advantage are yours to spend as you see fit, sir! thanks for asking and i'll try and be more precise in the future!
Jan 8, 2016 10:07 pm
Sounds Good

1 advantage spent will reveal additional information about the system.

I will spend all 3 to acquire 3 additional bits of information about the system then..

"Beeee der be a whamp bomp a luo bomp" .....tooty frooty, oh rudy.....

ok i am showing my age
Jan 8, 2016 11:11 pm
confirmed -- will get that to you either in a public thread or note tonight depending on relative sensitivity.
Jan 11, 2016 3:37 pm
Where is the calamari in this?
Jan 11, 2016 3:58 pm
Making like a prisoner with Brosck. Kael didn't have any instructions for him, because he figured he would know what's afoot and how to comply.
Jan 11, 2016 5:49 pm
Yah, sorry, I tend to stay quiet and go with the party when I'm not involved. Make like a prisoner!
Jan 14, 2016 8:34 pm
Even though you succeed maaaan the threat. If it was a silly game i say you farted super loud and smelly in your suit from the stress. Lol
Last edited January 14, 2016 8:34 pm
Jan 14, 2016 9:28 pm
indeed - i'm going to have to think about that threat a bit. :)
Jan 14, 2016 9:45 pm
Oh crap. Someone is going to notice there is no restraints...
Jan 14, 2016 9:50 pm
...maybe. let's see what y'all do. :)
Jan 14, 2016 9:52 pm
I am going to wrote maybe after the next post. I wil base my reactions off of others for right now.

Because we all know what my guy will do if he is first. Lol
Last edited January 14, 2016 9:52 pm
Jan 15, 2016 5:28 pm
I will post more people post. I would like To get others involved.
Jan 15, 2016 9:14 pm
Edited my post to include the charm roll. Feels good to roll my top skill ;)
Jan 20, 2016 9:05 pm
Oh yah, I've completely forgotten what advantages can be used for. I'll have to look it up when I get home, given the 2 advantages.
Jan 20, 2016 9:42 pm
I think Brosck pulled a muscle wih his punch. Lol
Jan 20, 2016 9:54 pm
the target made a very satisfying thump when he hit the ground
Jan 20, 2016 10:32 pm
"Heh heh heh"
Jan 21, 2016 1:12 am
Quick work. :)
Jan 21, 2016 3:02 am
Am I crazy or did you roll all blanks Falryx? Is that possible? Did I screw up some code? Wait... did you make the roll hidden? Did I think something through sensibly?
Jan 21, 2016 7:06 pm
I made the roll hidden.
Jan 21, 2016 7:15 pm
HUZZAH! I THOUGHT A PROBLEM THOUGH! And then forgot about it.
Jan 22, 2016 10:17 pm
Oops! Sorry I didn't get an update in last night. I was up late and called it a night before I got things set up.
Jan 24, 2016 3:11 pm
Btw Brosck was already dragging the bodies into the shuttle.
Jan 24, 2016 3:43 pm
Edited post then, to describe Kael as helping.
Jan 28, 2016 1:00 am
umm...my turbolift hack is posted above......did i miss something?
Jan 28, 2016 1:07 am
starwarsrpggm says:
umm...my turbolift hack is posted above......did i miss something?
Nope! I did. Did you add it to your original post?
Jan 28, 2016 2:33 am
I'm guessing I'm not lucky and the shuttle is pointing at the opening door? Or can I see if it has a moving turret?
Jan 28, 2016 12:26 pm
Keleth says:
I'm guessing I'm not lucky and the shuttle is pointing at the opening door? Or can I see if it has a moving turret?
I was also thinking this would be a perfect time for squid boy to show off his turret skills.
Jan 28, 2016 12:28 pm
I wana wait to see what darthwash wants to do with his advantages. 5 is allot.
Jan 28, 2016 1:03 pm
Kjmagle says:
Keleth says:
I was also thinking this would be a perfect time for squid boy to show off his turret skills.
Squid boy has NO turret skills... he will blindly fire and hope he doesn't hit friends :p
Jan 28, 2016 4:29 pm
Keleth says:
Kjmagle says:
Keleth says:
Squid boy has NO turret skills... he will blindly fire and hope he doesn't hit friends :p
Go ahead and Jar-Jar it :-)
Jan 28, 2016 5:53 pm
Kjmagle says:
I wana wait to see what darthwash wants to do with his advantages. 5 is allot.
With my advantages, I was going to take away their cover and throw a boost to whoever needs it.
Jan 28, 2016 6:03 pm
Might be that Brosck wants to wait until everyone has opened fire before running in :)
Jan 28, 2016 8:25 pm
Candi says:
Might be that Brosck wants to wait until everyone has opened fire before running in :)
You need to take his boost
Jan 28, 2016 8:43 pm
checking to see if a Lambda's got cannons. :)
Jan 28, 2016 8:46 pm
Look at that, it does. the only question is whether or not you're aimed well for it. if i slavishly stick to the map provided with yon adventure you're out of luck -- but i'll let the dice decide for us. 1 2 3 4 for sides - fore, stb, port, aft.

Edit: Looks like someone parked this thing facing the doors. so yah -- you can bring the shuttles weapons to bear if you haven't already shut them down.

Rolls

Which side? - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Jan 28, 2016 9:07 pm
Well, that's on you... how far in the shutdown process am I? :p Can we say I'm start enough to figure we may need the weapons? :D
Jan 28, 2016 9:17 pm
I think it's reasonable to say that the weapons would be later in the disabling cycle -- but take a setback die because you've already disconnected the Frobulated Energy Matrix which powers the Lateral Gryo Stabilizers in the turrets. Or some such. :)
Jan 28, 2016 9:17 pm
Edited post to include required boosts. I'd like to turn any advantage I can into boosts for the next player :)
Jan 28, 2016 9:30 pm
falryx says:
I think it's reasonable to say that the weapons would be later in the disabling cycle -- but take a setback die because you've already disconnected the Frobulated Energy Matrix which powers the Lateral Gryo Stabilizers in the turrets. Or some such. :)
Basically... shoot your allies?

Is there something I can do to aim/focus my shot?
Jan 28, 2016 9:39 pm
well.. the way I read the CRB there isn't an "aim" action for starship weapons.. and I'll call the collection of stormtroopers in the turbolift only 2 silhouettes smaller than you. so I think difficulty is hard (3 purple) with a setback against your agility/gunnery skill.

given there aren't red dice, there's no chance at despair so your allies are liable to be safe regardless of how badly you roll.
Jan 28, 2016 9:44 pm
Time to shoot!
Jan 28, 2016 9:50 pm
Not that it will help, but does he not get boost from my Advantage?
Jan 28, 2016 9:51 pm
I mostly did it because I felt like it's something that my character would do in the situation. 3 thread is way better than I thought it'd go. I suspect we're in a bit of a fix :D
Jan 28, 2016 9:52 pm
Candi is right - you're the next in line so you pick up some boost dice.
Jan 28, 2016 9:53 pm
looks like 4 adv -> 2 boost dice.
Jan 28, 2016 10:19 pm
Yes you can use you advatage to give boost... Or make things happen, or even give set back to others.
Jan 28, 2016 10:28 pm
Well, the boosts helped. Got success with threat.
Jan 29, 2016 12:37 am
all normal chr manuvers are available as other action in vehicle combat, so Aim is usable
Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
starwarsrpggm says:
all normal chr manuvers are available as other action in vehicle combat, so Aim is usable
Thanks! After seeing this I read more deeply and they throw that tidbit in the preamble to Actions on p240 of the CRB. Helpful to know. Moro -- if you want to throw another boost for an 'aim' action you can -- see if you reduce the threat somewhat, but that'd be the only real outcome.
Jan 29, 2016 1:04 am
Keleth says:
Well, the boosts helped. Got success with threat.
And that people... Is how you Jar-Jar lmao
Jan 29, 2016 1:21 am
Once I'm home, I'll add the extra die. Less stress is good.

Also,i don't know if Moro would have smiled and waved, but as soon as i read it, I laughed, so we'll call it canon.
Jan 29, 2016 3:18 am
Keleth says:
Once I'm home, I'll add the extra die. Less stress is good.

Also,i don't know if Moro would have smiled and waved, but as soon as i read it, I laughed, so we'll call it canon.
Sorry i dont try to write others characters but I couldn't pass that gem up.
Last edited January 29, 2016 3:19 am
Jan 29, 2016 3:42 am
Down to one threat! That's 2 strain, right?
Feb 1, 2016 3:45 am
Heh, i think the slight retcon threw me off. If I had realized I was blowing up out way out, MAYBE I would have reconsidered. :p
Feb 1, 2016 5:31 am
Nah, too awesome not to have done it
Feb 1, 2016 12:37 pm
Sometimes the mistakes are cooler then doing it by the book 😆
Feb 1, 2016 5:45 pm
Updated Skill Check
Feb 2, 2016 4:33 am
thanks for the note! it triggers the latest unread for me and helps me know to check!
Feb 6, 2016 5:06 pm
Maybe moro can hack the system and send an alert in the opposite direction so we can just go to the coomand center undetected
Feb 6, 2016 5:26 pm
Are there any network consoles nearby?
Feb 6, 2016 6:20 pm
There would be consoles in the communications center -- but don't forget you have a droid hooked into the network already.
Feb 6, 2016 6:43 pm
falryx says:
There would be consoles in the communications center -- but don't forget you have a droid hooked into the network already.
Yeah the droid is currently busy coaching football. Lol
Feb 7, 2016 4:31 pm
SWRPGGM's internet went down. He will post most likely tomorrow
Feb 8, 2016 3:17 am
Okee dokee.

heads up -- I have travel out of state in Colorado Monday - Friday. So likely slow-to-no updates from me 'til Friday evening.
Feb 8, 2016 7:58 pm
ok understood, I am at a starbucks at the time of this post so ill add something here shortly
Feb 8, 2016 8:26 pm
Hope everything is ok SWRPGGM.
Feb 9, 2016 6:59 pm
work networked crashed, so had to be on the road to do my job
Feb 9, 2016 8:05 pm
Heh cyberball... Now i wana play that game.
Feb 14, 2016 4:26 pm
sorry for the delay all -- work trip was pretty consuming and yesterday I was busy with errands all day (and will be shortly today). we're off to ski for a few days, so i'll be back in action ~thursday.
Feb 15, 2016 3:19 am
Hard check add to last post via edit
Feb 18, 2016 7:58 pm
Just making sure it was known the post was updated
Last edited February 18, 2016 7:58 pm
Feb 21, 2016 9:28 pm
Thanks for the update -- was travelling heavily the past two weeks. i'm back -- will get us rollin' again.
Feb 23, 2016 9:44 pm
I would like to use destiny.

Moro I am 2g 2y, what is your computer skill?
Feb 23, 2016 10:04 pm
2Y, you're way better.
Feb 25, 2016 11:42 am
If Brosck were to charge right at the troopers would that be a suprise round or we have to roll for int?
Feb 27, 2016 6:58 pm
Sorry for the delay - Thursday was a travel day with work. up at 4am back home at 10pm. :) That meant yesterday I got to catch up.

Because of the cross-girders and construction of the base, the troopers won't see you 'til you are at medium range. It's unlikely that you'd get a surprise round -- but I'd be willing to let the dice decide that (perhaps with a stealth roll?) If someone is good at being sneaky they might be able to guide you guys sufficiently close enough you could charge in and take them by surprise.
Feb 29, 2016 3:52 am
I just noticed the SWEOTE dice roller is broken in posts. I have no idea how long it's been broken, and can't really remember what it looked like before... this is troubling.
Feb 29, 2016 4:24 am
broken how so? looks like it worked to me?
Mar 3, 2016 8:06 pm
Are the dice still broken?
Mar 3, 2016 8:17 pm
whoops! forgot this was pending me. updating coming soon.
Mar 3, 2016 8:34 pm
They're broken in that the visual isn't quite right, and the behavior is wonky. I don't know when it broke, so trying to go back to figure it out.
Mar 3, 2016 8:36 pm
Ok i thought we were waiting on the fix. Yeah squid is hiding and Brosck is in battle!
Mar 3, 2016 8:40 pm
Is init Vig (Will) or something else?
Mar 3, 2016 8:41 pm
If you're ready for it, it's meant to be Cool. If it's a surprise it's meant to be Vig.
Mar 3, 2016 8:45 pm
That must lead to some funny scenarios where characters with high Vig try to arrange to be surprised, and characters with high Cool try to arrange not to be ;P
Mar 3, 2016 8:47 pm
Candi says:
That must lead to some funny scenarios where characters with high Vig try to arrange to be surprised, and characters with high Cool try to arrange not to be ;P
Yah, I'm not sure I appreciate it. Usually I go with "If you're prepared pick your best" so let's do that. :)
Mar 3, 2016 8:50 pm
Ah, I screwed that up :p I went with Vigilance, since we knew they were coming. But Cool does make more sense. Should I reroll?
Mar 3, 2016 10:52 pm
optional -- don't forget to add the boost if you do.
Mar 7, 2016 3:25 pm
Would you need the droid to roll for int?
Mar 7, 2016 9:54 pm
Travel Warning: ~10am tomorrow 'til late Thursday night. Possible there will be posts, but quite possible there will be a delay.

I'll have an update in place later today.

--

One: Does G2 need to roll Int? I think 'no'. He's observing everything and can get an action before the troopers for sure.
Mar 8, 2016 1:12 pm
Brosck, you are up!
Mar 8, 2016 1:12 pm
Or, a character planning to shoot can go first then Brosck can leap into melee.
Mar 8, 2016 3:45 pm
Candi says:
Or, a character planning to shoot can go first then Brosck can leap into melee.
Yeah yeah! I will squash everyone so the glory will be mine and my name will be known throughout the galaxy!
Mar 12, 2016 7:02 pm
Back from my travels -- will get updates posted later today.
Mar 16, 2016 5:20 pm
...... hello...is this thing on.......
Mar 16, 2016 6:21 pm
He has a power outage. It will start up again.
Mar 19, 2016 2:35 pm
sorry -- power out last weekend, then a bunch of work travel and home stuff.. and then, and then.

i'm back alive.
Mar 23, 2016 8:53 pm
Great f'n Roll!!!
Mar 25, 2016 3:50 am
Indeed! how do you want to spend your 4 advantage?
Mar 25, 2016 9:55 am
Oh thatmention was the other persons but different game roll let me post ny advantage
Last edited March 25, 2016 10:24 am
Mar 26, 2016 10:47 am
Probably someone better at making the troopers dead than me should go next ;)
Mar 26, 2016 11:49 am
I already went. You could always go up to him and knock him out. I did what did for character. Next round i will be beating him with the rifle :-)
Mar 29, 2016 12:14 pm
Keleth please add a set back (black) to the roll since the trooper is prone per the gm.
Mar 29, 2016 1:02 pm
Oops... thought I did... I really need to fix the FFGSW dice roller...
Mar 29, 2016 5:08 pm
phooey -- was going to post an update from work, but I don't remember the statblock on the troopers. will happen tonight.
Mar 30, 2016 12:39 am
So, given my track record with guns isn't so good - maybe I should inquire about this so-called 'Assist' maneuver.. perhaps that's how Kael should be contributing to the fighty fighty...
Mar 30, 2016 5:15 pm
So i want to grab the troopers armed arm and punch his elbow. With a good enough role im looking to dislocate it. What do i roll for that. Brawl or melee and what is the difficulty?
Apr 1, 2016 3:15 am
Brawl. I think it'll be opposed by his Athletics or Coordination skill. 3 purple. I'll flip a destiny die back when it happens -- so red, purple, purple.
Apr 1, 2016 9:33 pm
falryx says:
Brawl. I think it'll be opposed by his Athletics or Coordination skill. 3 purple. I'll flip a destiny die back when it happens -- so red, purple, purple.
Ok i am so doing that. I will hope for a great roll. I eill wait for G5 to make his roll then post.
Apr 1, 2016 11:30 pm
Roll completed
Apr 1, 2016 11:46 pm
I think the roller is broken because i got 2 triumph so doesnt that mean i also got 2 success?
Apr 2, 2016 1:33 am
Actually, this has come up in the past. Because of how triumphs can be spent, the roller doesn't add the success on automatically.
Apr 2, 2016 1:42 am
I thought a triumph is a success and a triumph.
Apr 2, 2016 1:56 am
Kjmagle says:
I remember when I created the roller, I saw somewhere that you could spend triumphs in ways that wouldn't generate the successes. If that's false, and a triumph always generates a success, I can change the roller.
Apr 2, 2016 8:24 am
Keleth says:
Kjmagle says:
I remember when I created the roller, I saw somewhere that you could spend triumphs in ways that wouldn't generate the successes. If that's false, and a triumph always generates a success, I can change the roller.
Yeah not to be a rules nazi but page 23 vore book "A Triumph symbol has two effects. First, each Tri- umph symbol counts as one Success symbol &. Second, a Triumph result indicates an unexpected boon or significantly beneficial effect related to the task."

I really want to dislocate this guys arm lol
Apr 2, 2016 1:50 pm
Well, mind you, the dice not doing the math doesn't mean you don't get the success. It's there, just not being displayed as such. Maybe I can show triumph successes in parenthesis or something.
Apr 2, 2016 2:21 pm
Looking at the overall damage, theoretically you've not done enough to knock the guy out. His hollering may well be heard by his fellow troopers -- so you could use a triumph to have him be knocked out (which could be to your advantage)...
Apr 2, 2016 4:28 pm
falryx says:
Looking at the overall damage, theoretically you've not done enough to knock the guy out. His hollering may well be heard by his fellow troopers -- so you could use a triumph to have him be knocked out (which could be to your advantage)...
With the 2nd triumph can he drop a com that we can listen to?
Apr 2, 2016 6:15 pm
sure thing -- though G5 is sliced into their comm traffic (which is now thoroughly hosed).
Apr 2, 2016 7:01 pm
falryx says:
sure thing -- though G5 is sliced into their comm traffic (which is now thoroughly hosed).
Ehhhhh i forgot about that. i can't think of anything to use a triumph on after a punch other than something dropping out of a Stormtrooper or maybe i notice a weak spot in their armor that i get a boost vs Stormtrooper vs only.
Apr 5, 2016 4:53 pm
I will just atick with what i asked for because who knows maybe they will fix it. Next to go!
Apr 11, 2016 5:38 pm
I was actually hoping someone to talk him outnof it again. Lol.

I will wait for G5 to respond before abrosck runs to his eminent doom.
Apr 11, 2016 5:57 pm
I plan on talking him out of it, but I need an alternate to provide!
Apr 11, 2016 6:05 pm
Kael could always helmet up, step out and try to intervene and redirect them... ? Someone suggest that to him, he's apparently gotten determined to hit something with a blaster bolt.
Apr 11, 2016 6:34 pm
Candi says:
Kael could always helmet up, step out and try to intervene and redirect them... ? Someone suggest that to him, he's apparently gotten determined to hit something with a blaster bolt.
Maybe the reason Stormtroopers cant hit anything is because of the helmets. Lol

I know that my guy is going to die if I make him go down that hall, however that is what thE character would do. Seriously he is out for glory nothing else. Thats why i like playing him so much.
Last edited April 11, 2016 6:35 pm
Apr 12, 2016 1:57 am
Don't forget starwarsrpggm, I speak droid, so when you squeak, I know what you're saying :D
Apr 12, 2016 10:31 am
Keleth says:
Don't forget starwarsrpggm, I speak droid, so when you squeak, I know what you're saying :D
I would think it would depend on the speed at which the droid spews information...lol
Apr 12, 2016 12:16 pm
starwarsrpggm says:
Keleth says:
I would think it would depend on the speed at which the droid spews information...lol
"These #@$*meat bags!!!"
Apr 13, 2016 12:50 pm
And let's get this paaaarrtttyyyyyy sttAARRTTTEDD.....squeaked that one
Apr 13, 2016 1:14 pm
starwarsrpggm says:
And let's get this paaaarrtttyyyyyy sttAARRTTTEDD.....squeaked that one
http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag326/Kjmagle/8B520271-86B0-4FE9-894E-DFD2D525E568_zpsejgepsw5.jpg
Apr 19, 2016 12:06 am
@Kael/Candi - any thoughts how you want to spend that triumph?
Apr 19, 2016 5:31 pm
Can the uniform I'm wearing belong to an officer of some sort that has been recently assigned to the base (and so it's yet well liked or friends with most of the soldiers)? Or is that a 'more than 1 Triumph' thing ?
Apr 19, 2016 11:10 pm
Let's roll with it -- my key challenge is.. how does a stormtrooper uniform look different? But I guess they have to have a way to identify themselves, right? :)
Apr 19, 2016 11:58 pm
Probably a marking on the shoulder (the fancy ones in clone wars etc have different shoulder pads or mini-shoulder capes). Or, an e-signature picked up by the helmets scanners?
Apr 20, 2016 11:50 pm
Candi says:
Probably a marking on the shoulder (the fancy ones in clone wars etc have different shoulder pads or mini-shoulder capes). Or, an e-signature picked up by the helmets scanners?
I bet it's some kinda e-signature.
Apr 28, 2016 2:16 am
Update due after dinner. :)
Apr 29, 2016 1:26 am
gizzle dork, fung shwey, ripple stein....yea it was bound to happen sooner or latter.

new post up
Apr 29, 2016 2:23 pm
starwarsrpggm says:
gizzle dork, fung shwey, ripple stein....yea it was bound to happen sooner or latter.

new post up
Instead of a sleeping gas it more like a stink bomb lol
Apr 29, 2016 5:46 pm
Holy balls what a roll!!!!

I kinda almost want to have the door open and they are all zzzz. 2nd time Moro screwed up Brosck's glory hunt. Lol
Last edited April 29, 2016 5:47 pm
Apr 29, 2016 8:09 pm
I love the RP, Brosck. :)
Apr 29, 2016 8:49 pm
falryx says:
I love the RP, Brosck. :)
Thanks. I love playing this guy. Im hoping at some point using him in a live game. I was testing him out on here.

"Ok guys lets be quiet and sneak around the troopers... Ok brosck? Brosck? ... Oh bloody hell. Get you blasters guys".
Apr 29, 2016 9:28 pm
I'm expecting it to work, but then as I walk in, I stumble on a knocked out trooper and get hurt (threat).
Apr 29, 2016 9:51 pm
Keleth says:
I'm expecting it to work, but then as I walk in, I stumble on a knocked out trooper and get hurt (threat).
you gotta figure out what to do with that triumph!
Apr 30, 2016 1:04 am
Given I've never gotten a triumph, I'm not sure how much it buy. Given we've nearly got the mission complete, I don't think a backdoor for future computer boosts would be useful. Can I secure knocking everyone in there out?
Apr 30, 2016 2:37 pm
A triumph allows for a plot twist. E.g. Luke shooting out the door controls on the death star, locking Vader out is considered a 'triumph'. I think, in this context, it'd be okay for it to secure knocking everyone out - including the stormtrooper who might otherwise have been paying attention.
Apr 30, 2016 4:30 pm
Yah, given the situation, I couldn't think of a good plot twist. I figured in this situation, the odds of actually knocking everyone out were so low, triumph would be success!
Apr 30, 2016 8:49 pm
Done!
May 3, 2016 5:11 pm
I Would like it by the time Kael gets to the room Brosck will have a bunch of empty plates in front of him.

Turns out he has a sweet tooth.
May 3, 2016 9:25 pm
LMAO...
May 4, 2016 2:24 pm
May the 4th be with you.

5 XP to everyone.

Happy Star Wars day!
May 4, 2016 7:22 pm
roll posted
May 4, 2016 7:59 pm
How would you like to spend the triumph?
May 4, 2016 8:14 pm
please have the minion group of storm troopers find an external access hatch that takes them into the base, i spot them entering the base, and manipulate the system so that they misstep into garbage a chute and take they one way slide into the pit. Make sure the doors are locked from access both sides
May 4, 2016 8:19 pm
We get xp on this one? Sweet. I want to get a power that can rip out the esophagus of my opponent.

Ok are we doing the 10xp a month thig for this?
Last edited May 4, 2016 8:22 pm
May 4, 2016 9:11 pm
I'm planning on dialing down this run after this adventure at the moment. I'm finding the whole rebel-empire thing a little hard to get excited about and as a result, it risks being battle (and thus roll)-heavy. as a result, I was not inclined to do he 10 XP / month thing on this adventure, since I think we'll wrap it up reasonably soon and be done with it.
May 4, 2016 9:29 pm
I kind of thought it was a one shot anyways thats cool
Last edited May 4, 2016 9:29 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.