Takeover at Whisper Base

load previous
Apr 26, 2016 6:26 pm
Keleth says:
"I'm sure you've noticed G5, humanoids can be relatively frail. If we can tweak the gas composition from the environmental controls, we can knock them out quickly. I don't have a specific gas with me."
As more info came in from Moro, G5 starts to mumbling back as he slides back and spins in a circle with a sudden pause before a quick pop and hiss of exposing all his tools and equipment like a swiss army knife. "ZZZzppthht ggete GGZxxthp", he exclaimed his displeasure of the organics not coming prepared..."Hggsfs, Hj Havveft hhbHYg".. as G5 clamored on about how he was.

Looking thru the base plans G5 trys to determine if the environmental controls can be manipulated in this way as the base is located on a planet with breathable atmosphere and the garage was open...G5 shook his dome, his standard OYE VEY salute.
OOC:
- determine if the HVAC can be altered as required
- No offense to anyone, just G5s behavior, i love the opportunity for comic banter

-BYPASS SECURITY: remove 1 SETBACK/RANK - from SKULDUGGERY / COMPUTER - used only to bypass security device
-in this case the alarms and safety/security protocols

- 1 threat : suffer strain from the efforts required to re-purpose the duct work
- 1 triumph: to negate the chance of anyone being informed by an alarm/warning light or noise due to the party going on in the control room
Last edited April 29, 2016 1:23 am

Rolls

Computers - Gasing the Locals

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 5 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat, 1 Triumph

Apr 28, 2016 6:25 pm
OOC:
Taking over Kael until Candi returns.
As the troopers leave the garage and move out into the wilderness, Kael follows them -- looking like he's supporting their actions. Getting to the control panel, he pauses -- waiting for the troopers to get a ways away. Once they reach a sufficient distance, he works the controls to close the garage bay doors. They rumble quietly and are slow to close, but the troopers have disappeared around the side checking a possible path -- the very path that Kael and the others used to come in to the base. By the time they realize what is afoot, it is too late and the doors thud shut loudly. Lacking a better path forward, Kael blasts the controls to keep them out.

"I think I've taken care of the troopers for now -- but I bet there's a back door." he states over the comms.

Moro and G5 manage to find the environmental controls. There are safeguards that would prevent the CO2 scrubbers from either going offline, or redirecting their output back into the base. It appears, however, with some clever hacking it could be done. You are not certain if any efforts to "gas" the command room will work on the stormtrooper within, however.. so Brosck may yet have a chance to pummel someone... again.
OOC:
in order to override the environmental controls, let's call that a Hard action. There's multiple redundancies to try and prevent this from happening -- and all kinds of alerts and alarms that will be difficult to work around -- so add 2 SB dice to the roll please.
Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm
Patiently Brosck's waits for the the "gassing" to begin. His patience turns to annoyance.

"What are we waiting for?? For them to die of old age?? Enough of this! We came to take over this base! Let us take it over now! " with that Brosck turns towards the room while igniting his knuckles. "I hate waiting!"
OOC:
Brosck's idea is pretty much knocking on the door and punching the first guy that answers. Sorry I'm playing in character.
Last edited April 30, 2016 11:50 am
Apr 29, 2016 5:26 pm
"Brosk! Please just give me a second to try. I do believe I will need your fists shortly, as I doubt this will work completely," Moro says as he starts working the controls.

Rolls

Computers

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 2 Threat, 1 Triumph

Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm
OOC:
How do you wanna spend that triumph?
Apr 30, 2016 8:52 pm
Moro works feverishly at the console, his webbed fingers dancing through subroutines and dodging some of the controls and safeguards put in place by the contractors who built this base. Brosck glares somewhat furiously at his colleague, but manages to wait just long enough for Moro to cry in triumph with one last push of a button.

Immediately, the CO2 scrubbers start redirecting their output into the command center -- raising the level of CO2 to toxic levels abruptly. After what seems, to Brosck, like ever, Moro taps at the controls to return the atmosphere within to normal. Finally, the door opens wide. There are some confused droids looking around and more than a few Imperials with cake messily adorning their uniforms as they were overcome and knocked unconcious by the atmosphere within.

The final stormtrooper sits, slumped, against the inner corridor.
May 2, 2016 3:02 pm
Opening the door with his fists clench, Brosck runs into the room with a battle cry only to get to the middle of the room and see all the bodies. All the bodies laying on the ground, on the couch, or in a seat. All the bodies... Sleeping. His face is stunned and then an expression of anger forms.

"THIS... DOES... NOT... COUNT!!!!" he yells as he kicks the slumped over trooper at corridor. He is breathing hard he turns to Moro and then turns around again to not show he is pouting.

This is not fair, how can I prove myself if this is the way they battle??? he thinks to himself despairingly. He finally comes to the acceptance of what happened and pushes over another trooper sitting face first into a plate with cake on it and sits down. He is drumming his fingers while looking around then glancing occasionally at the leftover cake on the table. Then looks around again and then finally swipes his finger on the frosting and puts it into his mouth and tastes it.

Brosck's smile retuns to his face again.
May 2, 2016 3:48 pm
I hurry down the hall towards the control room, blaster rifle slung over my shoulder and storm trooper helmet in hand - I figure, with Brosck in the place looking for stormtroopers to punch, it's more dangerous to run around with the helmet on than with it off.
May 2, 2016 5:34 pm
With startled amazement G5 watches Moro's scramble to input data that scrolls across the screen... G5 thinks to himself as he monitors the attempt, "good, do not forg... yes, no no no you cant, you should have... oh my.. my processor's did not anticipate , I see ye i see ...hmmmm......not bad for an organic.

The droid catalogs the slicing techniques used by Moro for future analysis as he contemplates how the Mon Calamorian was able to succeeded where he had failed, then G5 catches a glimpse of the Klatoonian's tantrum and was amused at how easily his temperament was swayed by cake....note to self as G5's secondary processors started to download various recipes for Cake under the new folder heading "Dog Treats".
May 3, 2016 5:15 pm
Kael makes his way in from the garage as Moro wanders in slowly after Brosck. The Klatooinian, for his part, has decided that as long as he's not going to have something to punch, he may as well eat some cake. He has not been discerning when it comes to sourcing cake -- and many of the staff no longer have a plate near them as he cleans them and stacks them casually, balanced on the stormtrooper's head.
OOC:
Could I get a 2P perception roll from everyone? Kael can have a boost.
May 3, 2016 6:06 pm
OOC:
lol nice touch woth the plates
Last edited May 3, 2016 6:06 pm

Rolls

Ooh a piece of a cake.

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Blinded by food

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

May 3, 2016 6:12 pm
OOC:
Don't forget your two purple dice.
May 3, 2016 6:18 pm
OOC:
Whatsawhosit?

Rolls

Perception

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

May 3, 2016 9:30 pm
Watching thru the monitors G5 scans the various security feeds....

Rolls

Perception - is that Bunta Berry Blast?!?

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

May 4, 2016 4:50 am
Kael looks around at the... carnage of sorts and shrugs.

Rolls

2 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 3 Advantage

May 4, 2016 4:52 am
Moro and Brosck continue to poke around the command center. Moro finding the systems and electronics worthy of his attention -- occasionally wiping some frosting off of some display panel or shifting some unconscious Imperial out of the way. Brosck, for his part, continues to overindulge in the cake, distracted by the baked goodiness.

G5 and Kael, however, remember that there three stormtroopers outside the base likely looking for a way to get back in or.. failing that a way to contact someone outside of the base -- or off-planet -- that something is amiss.
May 4, 2016 12:31 pm
"Good plan has gone bad folks, we've got three troopers alive and outside the walls of the base... Hopefully they're trying to get back in, but they might be trying to get word out that the base is compromised. Moro, G5, can either of you use any fancy base-tech to search the area, or, at least, identify the point of entry they might take?" I say over the comm as the consequences of my previous 'ploy' dawn on me.
May 4, 2016 1:19 pm
"Blast! Are they the same troopers you led astray? Can you call them back in, saying you found the rebels? Our big friend here could punch them." Moro thinks for a moment. "Do either of you know if Imperial bases have local emergency recalls? Something that we could broadcast to call them back, ASAP, without broadcasting too far? Can you take a look through the system G5?"
May 4, 2016 3:45 pm
Hearing Moro's idea Brosk turns around. Corner of his mouth has bits of frosting stuck to it.

"Finally an idea that doesn't invole sneaking around. I Like this IDEA!" he announces.
May 4, 2016 4:54 pm
G5 dome shutters as he contemplates the new variables buzzing around in his memory banks. Details Details Details... a droid's work is never done. With that the droid searches the base and its grounds using the various cameras and sensors the used to monitor security.

The troopers are more than likely aware that something is amiss since experiencing the waxing incident, being duped by one of their one, and being locked out of the garage access.

G5 evaluates the various floor plans for access points and takes a head count of all personnel and droids present on the base...conscious, or unconscious...activated or deactivated....
OOC:

In order of priority
-What is the current activity external to the base?
-What is the current activity internal to the base?
-What is the headcount or roster for the base?
-What is the equipment manifest for the base?

Rolls

Computers - Information Retrival

4 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 4 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 3 Threat, 1 Triumph

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.