Easthaven

load previous
Aug 7, 2019 6:10 pm
A thick arm of water snakes up next to Zenithral and forms a rough approximation of Halla. The glare and voice are certainly hers. "You cannot have him!"
Aug 7, 2019 6:12 pm
A rumble comes from the sky and Jhonen slams into the ground on the far side of Zariel. The paladin straightens, armor pulsing with divine glow. He spares only a quick glance for the hard ground that marks Ug's tomb, then wipes a tear and turns to face the fallen angel. "I don't know who you are, but you can't stop my friends. Have you seen the things they've done?"
Aug 7, 2019 6:13 pm
Keggruk stomps up alongside Alalla and Erevain. The orog breathes heavily, but his expression is as unflappable as ever. "I always knew you would lead me to a good fight, Thur'Kafaz! I stand with you."
Aug 7, 2019 6:15 pm
Lord Ulbrec limps forward in battered armor. "My dear wife died to save the people here. I cannot offer any less a sacrifice."
Aug 7, 2019 6:15 pm
The flap of wings announces Mirek, the front of the blood hunter's leather armor stained with far too many potions. "For Ug."
Aug 7, 2019 6:16 pm
Saki stands in front of Ilmadia, her simple dress stained from the wounds she has drawn into herself. Her wrinkled eyes look up at Zariel. "So you are the one..." She pulls a strange arrow from her sleeve and tosses it to Arannis.
Aug 7, 2019 6:17 pm
Arannis puts a hand on Ilmadia's shoulder. "Daughter... I'm proud of you." The elf catches Saki's arrow and grimly sets it to his bow.
Aug 7, 2019 6:18 pm
A skeletal horse, Maverick on its back, gallops up to stand alongside Jhonen. The gnome's horned crown gleams with dark light. "You have more than just the Broken God to handle today, Zariel."
Aug 7, 2019 6:19 pm
Erevain grabs Alalla's hand and gives it a quick squeeze, then releases her and falls to his knees. Head bowed, the elf's lips move in prayer. "Mighty Torm. In this time of need I humbly ask for the power to act in thy name..."
Aug 7, 2019 6:19 pm
A pillar of light descends between Zenithral and Ilmadia, and then Myllandra materializes there, a glowing mace in her hand. "Enough, sister! Listen to reason! Listen to the boy!"
Aug 7, 2019 6:32 pm
Zariel screams in utter rage and for a moment is so entirely wreathed in bitter flames that she disappears from view. And then two spurts of flame hit the ground, rolling forward to become nightmare horses with hellknight riders.

And then, with the Scourge growing ever closer, the last battle begins.
Aug 7, 2019 6:34 pm
Round 1 Player Phase!
OOC:
Zenithral's check would have been successful! And he might still succeed if he keeps making attempts. It costs 1 action to make a Persuasion check against Zariel, DC 20. Zen already has advantage on this check, so he can hold onto his Inspiration.

Let's see what happens!
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c3/2c/94/c32c94bfed3644498df5074055f1758c.jpg
Aug 7, 2019 7:07 pm
Tears come to his eyes, as Zenithral's companions and allies prepare to fight this being of power. Without their interference, Zariel would kill him and Ilmadia, then seek after Belifet. But now...they might all die...but they would do so continuing to try to protect this realm and make wrongs right.

Zenithral tosses his bow aside, arms outstretched and eyes glowing a soft white. "No...don't listen to me; listen to your heart, Zariel! The soul that has been consumed by pain unchained, the spirit that has been seared by hardship and confusion. This is not who you are! We have done nothing but try to stop the Traitor...You want to destroy what remains of your ties to your home, but you instead destroy what remains of yourself." Silver tears fall to the ground and evaporate, blown in the searing wind. "Please...do not destroy yourself!"

Rolls

Persuasion (Adv + Dis) - (1d20+7)

(4) + 7 = 11

Aug 7, 2019 7:30 pm
Ilmadia bristles at Zariel's comments about her. While her parents words aren't taken poorly, necessarily, they seem to add to her agitation. "Oh, please. As if I am so much lesser. Everything I am is because of you! At least you had choices. And what a good job you've done with them, by the way. What have you accomplished since you fell, exactly? I haven't noticed any change in the Blood War, have you?" She elbows Keggruk conspiratorially.

"Yes, yes. I underestimated Belhifet's manipulations and I'll suffer for it forever, but he swindled you just as well as he did me. Better. All your position in Avernus has done has given Belhifet room for scheming."

She throws up her hands. "For the gods' sakes Zariel, quit fooling yourself. Your little rebellion amounts to exactly nothing except that people care about you. You want them to leave you alone? You want to cut them down? Then you will be nothing. A tiny little nothing, screaming into the void. Not a fun place to be, let me tell you." She rolls her eyes, but her sass is mixed with a fair amount of exhaustion and sadness. "What is it you really want, Zariel? Perhaps what's being offered is really a better way to get it."

HP: 18/130
AC: 19
Last edited August 7, 2019 9:39 pm

Rolls

Persuasion (quit fooling yourself) - (1d20+12)

(14) + 12 = 26

W/ disadvantage - (1d20+12)

(10) + 12 = 22

Aug 7, 2019 9:21 pm
"...that I may strengthen my allies on the field of battle and bring honor to thy cause." Erevain takes a deep breath and stands. He walks over to Zenithral and puts a hand on his friend's shoulder. "The House of the Triad are together in this. Where steel cannot persevere, your words might! Speak from your heart." He seems almost surprised at the holy glow that accompanies his words. He turns to meet Alalla's eyes and smiles - a true, genuine smile.

Then, with one of the hellknights bearing down on the group, Erevain raises his sword and runs forward to meet it. His broadsword flashes twice in rapid succession, leaving a deep gouge in the hellknight's thigh and a slash along the nightmare's flank.

Casts Guidance on Zenithral, then deals 21 dmg to HK1 and 14 dmg to N1.

AC 18
HP: 19/115

Rolls

War magic vs hellknight 1 - (1d20+10)

(20) + 10 = 30

Dmg to HK1 - (1d8+15)

(6) + 15 = 21

Horde breaker vs nightmare 1 - (1d20+10)

(12) + 10 = 22

Dmg to N1 - (1d8+7)

(7) + 7 = 14

Aug 7, 2019 9:33 pm
"So I have," Alalla says to Keggruk, remembering when the orog had been bound at her feet, grinning for blood. How much had changed. "It's good to have you here, brother."

She starts as Erevain drops to his knees. "What's this?" she asks with surprise as they charge the hellknight together. "What of Corellon?" She steps in as Erevain retreats from his blows to add another score down the monster's side with her weapon. "Did he finally disown you for your taste in women?" Her tone is an attempt at joking, but he can tell she is concerned.

Hellknight 1 takes 23 slashing damage.

HP: 116/164
AC: 20
Last edited August 8, 2019 1:25 am

Rolls

Attack 1 v HK1 - (1d20+12)

(6) + 12 = 18

Attack 2 v same - (1d20+12)

(10) + 12 = 22

Damage - (1d10+5, 3d6)

1d10+5 : (7) + 5 = 12

3d6 : (533) = 11

Attack 3 v same - (1d20+12)

(7) + 12 = 19

Second wind - (1d10+11)

(8) + 11 = 19

Aug 7, 2019 9:43 pm
"For Torm and his Cagebreakers!" Keggruk charges forward like an armored bull, sweeping his greataxe up into the legs of the second nightmare steed. A flash of light burns the hellish beast, and Keggruk sets his feet to take its charge.

Kegg deals 19 slashing and 14 radiant dmg to N2.

AC 18
HP 52/103

Rolls

Keggruk vs Nightmare 2 (2 attacks, adv) - (2d20+9, 2d20+9)

2d20+9 : (132) + 9 = 24

2d20+9 : (28) + 9 = 19

Dmg to N2, 1st level smite - (2d12+10, 3d8)

2d12+10 : (18) + 10 = 19

3d8 : (365) = 14

Reroll - (1d12+8)

(1) + 8 = 9

Aug 7, 2019 11:52 pm
Ulbrec sinks the blade of his sword into a blasted piece of debris and leans on the pommel. For all his obvious weariness, however, his eyes move quickly over all combatants. "For Ten Towns! For friendship! For the North!"

Ulbrec uses Leadership, basically giving everybody a 1d4 bonus to attack rolls and saving throws as long as they can hear him.

AC 18
HP 26/52
Aug 8, 2019 12:13 am
Maverick points at one of the hellknights and speaks an arcane word of power. It immediately falls from its nightmare horse and writhes on the ground. The gnome necromancer urges his undead stead forward, all the while emanating an aura of chill dread. This is the not the Maverick the heroes once knew. He shows no signs of injury or discomfort, in spite of the battles raging all around.

Mav casts Power Word: Stun on HK 2.
[ +- ] Power Word: Stun
AC 17
HP ???
Aug 8, 2019 12:27 am
"I saw Father Tulfgyr cast this spell once!" Jhonen closes his eyes and the glow in his armor flashes out in a pulse to all those nearby. The light remains with each of them, a mantle that empowers their strikes.

Jhonen quickens Crusader's Mantle, giving everyone an additional 1d4 radiant damage on each hit with a weapon attack.
[ +- ] Crusader's Mantle
Then he steps out in front to approach Zariel. "You don't look right! I didn't either for a long time. But my friends helped me, and they can probably help you too!" He shrugs. "But until you decide that, you aren't going to hurt any of them. I hope."

Jhonen uses Heroic Challenge.
[ +- ] Heroic Challenge
AC 18
HP 61/120
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.