Chapter 1: The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

load previous
Jun 9, 2019 5:26 am
"THE GHOST GOT ME!" cries Sobek as he scrambles away from the fireplace, flicking spiders from his scales. "SPIDER GHOSTS!"
OOC:
Disengage! Disengage! Run far away!
Jun 9, 2019 1:38 pm
Terry steps forward and starts making a spider-kabob with the business end of his rapier. Pong! Stop scewing around and do something helpful!
OOC:
Spiders all the way to the hilt.
Last edited June 9, 2019 1:39 pm

Rolls

Rapier (+sneak attack) - (1d20+6, 1d8+4, 1d6)

1d20+6 : (11) + 6 = 17

1d8+4 : (8) + 4 = 12

1d6 : (6) = 6

Jun 9, 2019 2:22 pm
OOC:
How big are these spiders exactly?
Jun 9, 2019 2:37 pm
Eshe looks on in bewilderment, unsure of how to solve the problem without her greataxe. "Sobek! Drop and roll!" She looks on helplessly and frowns.
Jun 9, 2019 4:26 pm
Booming belly laughter erupts from Eshe. Whatever element of surprise they would have had in this abandoned house is now gone. She slings her battle axe onto her back and tries to squash the spiders on Sobek's body with her hands.
Jun 9, 2019 5:23 pm
OOC:
Valkeelis, the answers you seek are in the discord server.
Jun 9, 2019 6:14 pm
Lucan cast a bolt of fire into the chair fluff that is scattered near the fireplace when it catches fire, he shapes the flame to a thin wall of fire that keeps the swarm of spiders at bay.
OOC:
Its a combination of the cantrips Fire Bolt and Control Flames
Edit: It will take 2 rounds to get going, but its the best way that Lucan can handle many small creatures
Last edited June 9, 2019 6:31 pm
Jun 9, 2019 6:16 pm
OOC:
Wouldn't that take 2 actions?
Nevermind, I'll try not to be a snob.
Last edited June 9, 2019 6:19 pm
Jun 9, 2019 6:44 pm
OOC:
Ah sorry about that. On my phone. Will check discord when I get in.
Jun 10, 2019 2:37 am
Margot looks on with a bit of bewilderment, but keeps a few steps back at the sight of what she hates: eight-legged monstrosities. Large or small, Margot detests spiders. Feeling the disgust welling up, she shouts a bunch of slurs and insults at the group of spiders.
[ +- ] Vicious Mockery

Rolls

Vicious Mockery Wis DC 12 - (1d4)

(4) = 4

Jun 10, 2019 3:25 pm
As Sobek is overwhelmed by the swarm of spiders, Pong begins using his shield to try to crush them as quickly as possible.

Terrence uses his rapier to skewer entire groups of spiders at once.

Margot unleashes the most eloquent string of spider-based insults that you've ever heard at the swarm and several of the spiders die on the spot.

There are few spiders left and Eshe manages to crush them with her bare hands. A few manage to escape, rushing back up the chimney.
OOC:
Combat over! You gain 17 xp
Map
Jun 10, 2019 5:44 pm
After the tread of spiders has diminished, Lucan checks on Sobek.
Sobek are you all right?
Jun 10, 2019 10:28 pm
The look on Margot's face shows her dislike of thebeight-legged vermin. She doesn't say anything, but she lets out a loud huff, trying to regain her composure.
Jun 10, 2019 10:50 pm
Eshe claps Sobek on his back. "Of course he is alright. It will take far more than a few spiders to hurt the king! Let's move on." She whips her great axe back out and continues to search the room before they move on.
Last edited June 10, 2019 10:51 pm
Jun 10, 2019 11:48 pm
Terry follows the leader. I think this place might be a little more dangerous than we thought. He says as he dislodges the numerous spiders from his rapier.
Jun 11, 2019 12:07 am
"No, Sobek is terrible! Pong hit Sobek hard! Made shield too good!"

Sobek regenerates some of the damage, shedding some damaged scales from his wounds.
OOC:
Lay on hands self for 5hp
Jun 11, 2019 6:41 am
"Sorry about that, my friend! It's an awesome shield! I love it even more now!" Pong picks a squashed spider from the shield's surface and pops it in his mouth. He offers another to Sobek, "Little snack?"
Jun 11, 2019 9:06 am
Lucan tries to suppress his gag-reflex when Pong offers crushed spider til Sobek. Mindly sickened by his beastly companions he hurries after Eshe
Jun 11, 2019 2:02 pm
A bit of exploring reveals the loose brick that Sobek noticed to be a secret hiding place. Inside of it is a box containing 30 cp and two pouches of alchemical powders (5 gp each).

Map
Jun 11, 2019 11:42 pm
"Well found there, O mighty king," Margot jests, trying to get her mind off of the spiders. She'll also follow along with Eshe
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.