OOC Discussion

load previous
Nov 25, 2015 5:32 pm
Nah, I didn't think it was an order. Just giving my reasoning for my actions based on the circumstances, in case anybody wondered why I didn't take the opportunity or revise my post to perform such action (as much as I would have loved to, OOC).
Nov 25, 2015 5:34 pm
I apologize for the delay, I didn't realize you were all waiting on me!
Nov 26, 2015 3:37 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Well, the first attack missed by a mile, so ignore all that! :-P
Wait, Shoor is surrounded, right? So melee attacks against him are at advantage? Mai'ngor might still hit with the first attack?
Last edited November 26, 2015 5:43 pm
Nov 26, 2015 6:26 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Well, the first attack missed by a mile, so ignore all that! :-P
Wait, Shoor is surrounded, right? So melee attacks against him are at advantage? Mai'ngor might still hit with the first attack?
Ok, sorry, it turns out I what I was referencing was an optional rule from the DMG (page 251) which I don't think is being implemented here.
Quote:
OPTIONAL RULE: FLANKING
If you regularly use miniatures, flanking gives combatants a simple way to gain advantage on attack rolls against a common enemy.
A creature can't flank an enemy that it can't see. A creature also can't flank while it is incapacitated. A Large or larger creature is flanking as long as at least one square or hex of its space qualifies for flanking.
Flanking on Squares. When a creature and at least one of its allies are adjacent to an enemy and on opposite sides or corners of the enemy's space, they flank that enemy, and each of them has advantage on melee attack rolls against that enemy.
When in doubt about whether two creatures flank an enemy on a grid, trace an imaginary line between the centers of the creatures' spaces. If the line passes through opposite sides or corners of the enemy's space, the enemy is flanked.
Flanking on Hexes. When a creature and at least one of its allies are adjacent to an enemy and on opposite sides of the enemy's space, they flank that enemy, and each of them has advantage on attack rolls against that enemy. On hexes, count around the enemy from one creature to its ally. Against a Medium or smaller creature, the allies flank if there are 2 hexes between them.
Nov 26, 2015 6:28 pm
I just picture this mass surrounding the drow like in a bad kung-fu moving. Everyone making uncoordinated attacks that he easily counters until there's just a ring of dead bodies surrounding him.
Nov 26, 2015 6:33 pm
Not using flanking simply because being surrounded by enemies is already a tremendous handicap!

Yeah, Szemely, that's what I see (And what it looks like it's gonna turn into)
Nov 26, 2015 6:39 pm
Szemely says:
I just picture this mass surrounding the drow like in a bad kung-fu moving. Everyone making uncoordinated attacks that he easily counters until there's just a ring of dead bodies surrounding him.
Naatkinson says:
Yeah, Szemely, that's what I see (And what it looks like it's gonna turn into)
Someone needs to give him a wet willy!

https://coubsecure-a.akamaihd.net/get/b124/p/coub/simple/cw_gif_big/8f55760fc5e/33848caff7b7c75645b2a/1442660189_jg7a7x_87zfj.gif
Last edited November 28, 2015 3:11 pm
Nov 28, 2015 3:10 pm
Damn, Mai'ngor can't even get close to hitting this guy!
Nov 30, 2015 4:54 pm
Can I cast cantrips without a focus?
Nov 30, 2015 4:58 pm
Moofsalot says:
Can I cast cantrips without a focus?
You can cast any spell that doesn't need a material component
Nov 30, 2015 5:04 pm
And don't forget to pick your final spell!
Dec 1, 2015 1:18 am
Thanks for the avatar! Been meaning to get one...
Dec 1, 2015 1:25 am
No problem, feel free to change it any time. I just wanted to see one on there
Dec 2, 2015 4:45 pm
Naatkinson says:
You are all aware that there are no exit tunnels from the outpost. The only ways down that doesn't lead to spiders are the waterfall, which leads to a pool of unknown depth, and the lift on the west side of the outpost.
My understanding is that even if the PC's kill Ilvara and everyone in the priestesses' tower, the lift is still the only exit except maybe a climb up the waterfall (an option which I immediately dismissed before due to the lack of climbing equipment, but it seems climbing equipment is available now).

Am I missing something? Is there a way out of here through Ilvara's tower?
Dec 2, 2015 4:48 pm
I don't think there's a way out through Ilvara's tower, but we weren't given a detailed description since we didn't do a thorough search. I figure if we survive Ilvara's tower, we might find something that could help us against the demon.

Or maybe we can attract the demon into Ilvara's tower and let the two of them settle their differences! Assuming Ilvara is there, of course.
Last edited December 2, 2015 4:49 pm
Dec 2, 2015 4:48 pm
No, there is no way out through the tower. You may find treasure in there, though.

The only ways out are the lift (which require an operator to lower you down) and down the waterfall to the cavern floor.
Dec 2, 2015 4:49 pm
Looksl ike I didn't understand what I was looking at either. Looks like I went back to the tower, when I meant to go to the lift.
Dec 2, 2015 4:52 pm
Keleth says:
Looksl ike I didn't understand what I was looking at either. Looks like I went back to the tower, when I meant to go to the lift.
The post said tower, sorry!

I can edit mine to give an altered description!
Dec 2, 2015 7:18 pm
CancerMan says:
Or maybe we can attract the demon into Ilvara's tower and let the two of them settle their differences! Assuming Ilvara is there, of course.
Now that's an interesting proposition! :-)
Dec 2, 2015 7:24 pm
Just so I have enough perspective to make my decisions, where are we on the map, and where's the demon?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.