OOC Discussion

Nov 2, 2015 7:05 pm
Any OOC Discussion here
Nov 4, 2015 2:50 am
Might not get to the character build until later this week. Just got back to work after a vacation and now I'm sick. :(
Nov 4, 2015 3:20 am
No worries, take your time :)
Nov 4, 2015 3:36 am
Going back to work always makes me sick as well.
Nov 4, 2015 3:39 am
Yeah, and since I don't get sick days that means I go into work feeling like crap.
Nov 4, 2015 4:06 am
I'm gonna try to have a char done today or tomorrow, but it's iffy, and then this weekend and every weekend this month, I'm not home. I'll do my best to post as much as possible.
Nov 4, 2015 4:09 am
Weekends are rough for me too, the whole wife and 3 kids thing, you know? Lol

Just post when you can, and there no rush on the characters
Nov 4, 2015 12:31 pm
Sounds like we're starting next week? Works for me!
Nov 4, 2015 11:51 pm
Is the NPC guide a good idea? What do you all think?
Nov 5, 2015 12:00 am
I'm assuming they're fellow prisoners? If they're in the same cell(s) as us, it'd be good to have that guide. How much interaction would we have with them?

By the way, did the drow do anything to prevent my character (half-elf sorcerer) from casting spells? I'm not familiar with inhibitors anymore.
Nov 5, 2015 12:04 am
Yes, all of these individuals are fellow prisoners. You are all kept in the same cell, so you can have as much interaction as you'd like to have had for the amount of time you've been captured. They've all been there longer than you.

The cage you are in is an anti-magic zone and there are always several drow looking for an excuse to beat you down when you're out of the cage working, so you, by necessity, avoid magic use.
Nov 5, 2015 12:08 am
Awesome, thanks! What kind of work are we doing?
Nov 5, 2015 12:25 am
Hauling barrels of water, operating a lift to a lower level, cleaning, emptying chamber pots, laundry, washing dishes, etc.
Nov 5, 2015 1:20 am
I'm having way too much fun giving information here, especially since you're not gonna be there forever
Nov 5, 2015 7:45 am
Do the strange dreams in our characters mean it's time to start posting?
Nov 5, 2015 1:48 pm
You may post and interact with the other prisoners but there are still 3 people who have to submit characters, so it's not time to start in full yet.
Nov 5, 2015 3:47 pm
No worries, I just wasn't sure if you were continuing to set the table, or if you were expecting us to contribute right now. I was going to wait until everyone finished their characters, so I at least know how long each person has been in shackles.
Nov 5, 2015 4:51 pm
Go ahead, set out some snacks!
Nov 11, 2015 9:13 pm
I'm beginning to wonder if our great and wonderful benefactor (Keleth) has abandoned this game?
Nov 11, 2015 10:48 pm
He's probably busy, what with the upgraded sight and updated site. Plus, I think he's at a convention.

That said, we could have his character be newly-captured and introduced later.
Last edited November 11, 2015 11:04 pm
Nov 12, 2015 5:13 am
Yah, sorry, I'm working on the char. Between being on the computer less thanks to the Lasik, and needing to finish extra work with the con this weekend, and today being Diwali (an Indian festival preceding the Indian New Year), time is in short supply!
Nov 12, 2015 1:53 pm
No problem, just hadn't heard from you in a while :)
Nov 12, 2015 2:18 pm
Happy Holiday, Keleth! Or whatever the proper greeting is for Diwali :-)
Nov 12, 2015 3:19 pm
Happy Diwali!
Nov 12, 2015 3:35 pm
Happy Diwali!

And make sure to roll up your stats in the char creation thread when you get a chance. I want to see another person roll ridiculously well :)
Nov 12, 2015 5:06 pm
I'll roll them during my lunch break. And don't fret, if the rolls aren't to my liking, I'll just change them anyway :p
Nov 12, 2015 5:07 pm
Keleth says:
I'll roll them during my lunch break. And don't fret, if the rolls aren't to my liking, I'll just change them anyway :p
We'd expect nothing less lol
Nov 17, 2015 9:30 pm
The characters have been made! The game has started! I'll wait for everyone to post before I start posting more.
Nov 17, 2015 10:19 pm
I have a couple more character details to fill in- will do tonight!
Nov 17, 2015 10:20 pm
Moofsalot says:
I have a couple more character details to fill in- will do tonight!
No problem, no rush here :)
Nov 19, 2015 4:30 am
It's Str/Dex to break/wriggle free, right? Not Athletics/Acrobatics? In other words, no proficiency bonus?
Last edited November 19, 2015 4:30 am
Nov 19, 2015 4:43 am
That's correct
Nov 19, 2015 10:29 pm
Are the characters ever freed from their chains while working? Do we know if the guard carry keys for them or anything?
Nov 19, 2015 10:31 pm
The chains are never removed. It is sometimes hard to work. The guards carry keys, but you don't know if they are for the chains or not
Nov 20, 2015 7:26 pm
Naatkinson says:
About an hour into your work duty, Mai'ngor spills a bucket of water, which splashes on the seated drow. They stand, furious, and approach him, "Damn slaves need to be careful," he says before drawing his sword and slapping the Tikbalang on the hindquarters with the flat of the blade. The other drow laugh and the sword-bearing drow slaps him again, this time drawing blood. The guards are all watching with amusement and the quaggoth slaves keep their heads down and stay out of the way.
Oh man, shit's about to get real!
Nov 20, 2015 7:29 pm
Yeah, I rolled randomly for who would be the one to get hit. I'm really curious to see how this goes!
Nov 20, 2015 7:46 pm
If Mai'ngor's disarm attempt succeeds can he toss the sword over to Elfog in the same turn?
Nov 20, 2015 7:52 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
If Mai'ngor's disarm attempt succeeds can he toss the sword over to Elfog in the same turn?
I'd allow it, but you failed :(
Nov 22, 2015 3:37 am
I believe Keleth has a lot of plans this weekend, and we're just waiting on his actions before I start the next scene.
Nov 22, 2015 7:08 am
Hunter is already freed. Plus the cage we're in has an anti-magic field.
Nov 22, 2015 3:18 pm
Oops... Will correct for someone else. Hard to folks between driving and wedding stuff. Any suggestions on who needs freeing?
Nov 22, 2015 3:22 pm
Among the PC's only Mai'ngor and Xeliss remain bound.

Elfog will probably want to free Eldeth, and Hunter will no doubt want to free Stool. There's also the possibility that if we abandon any of the NPC's they'll turn us in. :-P
Last edited November 22, 2015 3:25 pm
Nov 22, 2015 3:46 pm
Eldeth has been freed already, you can attempt to free everyone if you'd like
Nov 22, 2015 6:08 pm
Ok, editing a post won't be possible before I get home tonight or tomorrow, but let's go with Mai'ngor.
Nov 23, 2015 2:27 pm
Currently Mai'ngor, Elfog, Hunter, Soliin are free. That's for the PCs
The only NPC that's free currently is Eldeth
Nov 23, 2015 4:32 pm
Naatkinson says:
You are all aware that there are no exit tunnels from the outpost. The only ways down that doesn't lead to spiders are the waterfall, which leads to a pool of unknown depth, and the lift on the west side of the outpost.
Since it's something Mai'ngor should've known, I've edited my post to refer to the lift instead.
Nov 23, 2015 5:55 pm
As I'm still pretty tired from a fun but long weekend (and ironically, a long month...), can someone help me figure out how may more rolls I need to make to free everyone else? I'm not good at the thinking right now...
Nov 23, 2015 5:59 pm
All PC's and 1 NPC are free. 8 NPC's remain bound. http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/1240/

It's up to you if you're freeing everyone. ;-)

Oh and there's the cell door.
Last edited November 23, 2015 6:01 pm
Nov 23, 2015 6:02 pm
PCs not free: Xeliss.
NPCs not free: Derendil, Jimjar, Ront, Sarith, Shuushar, Stool, Topsy, and Turvy.

NPCs technically free, eternally: Buppido.

Total of 9 individuals still locked up.
Nov 23, 2015 6:03 pm
Oops I got it wrong! CancerMan is right!
Nov 23, 2015 6:40 pm
I'm debating how many I can free without them making a fuss when I run for it. Obviously I'll free Xeliss, because you know, in character reasons that totally have nothing to do with him being the only PC left...
Nov 23, 2015 6:41 pm
Also, just noticed that bug that making a note isn't leaving a small box saying a note was sent (because in a tabletop game, its not really viable to send a note to someone without someone noticing). I'll work on that.
Nov 24, 2015 2:57 am
Are these two guards armed with anything besides their hand crossbows? Scimitars, maybe?
Nov 24, 2015 2:58 am
They each have a short sword and some armor as well. I apologize, I never actually stated the weapons like I meant to. The post has been updated to properly reflect this.
Nov 24, 2015 3:01 am
Gotcha. Well, we've yet to take them out.
Nov 24, 2015 3:17 am
Well, there are still 10(!) people who have to go before the drow gets his turn. He's probably down for good!
Nov 24, 2015 7:13 pm
Just a friendly reminder: there's still a drow guard on the ground here at the cell door. Prone, but still in fighting shape. :-)
Nov 25, 2015 5:10 pm
Yeah, Hunter's first priority was getting her and Stool out of that anti-magic cell, plus she didn't want to block off the entrance dealing with the still-alive drow guard. Sorry about that!
Nov 25, 2015 5:17 pm
CancerMan says:
Yeah, Hunter's first priority was getting her and Stool out of that anti-magic cell, plus she didn't want to block off the entrance dealing with the still-alive drow guard. Sorry about that!
Just to be clear, I'm not trying to boss people around. I have absolutely no problem with people roleplaying non-combat actions! I think it's great! The above was just a reminder, nothing more. Because I personally sometimes lose track of what's going on. :-)
Last edited November 25, 2015 5:17 pm
Nov 25, 2015 5:32 pm
Nah, I didn't think it was an order. Just giving my reasoning for my actions based on the circumstances, in case anybody wondered why I didn't take the opportunity or revise my post to perform such action (as much as I would have loved to, OOC).
Nov 25, 2015 5:34 pm
I apologize for the delay, I didn't realize you were all waiting on me!
Nov 26, 2015 3:37 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Well, the first attack missed by a mile, so ignore all that! :-P
Wait, Shoor is surrounded, right? So melee attacks against him are at advantage? Mai'ngor might still hit with the first attack?
Last edited November 26, 2015 5:43 pm
Nov 26, 2015 6:26 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Well, the first attack missed by a mile, so ignore all that! :-P
Wait, Shoor is surrounded, right? So melee attacks against him are at advantage? Mai'ngor might still hit with the first attack?
Ok, sorry, it turns out I what I was referencing was an optional rule from the DMG (page 251) which I don't think is being implemented here.
Quote:
OPTIONAL RULE: FLANKING
If you regularly use miniatures, flanking gives combatants a simple way to gain advantage on attack rolls against a common enemy.
A creature can't flank an enemy that it can't see. A creature also can't flank while it is incapacitated. A Large or larger creature is flanking as long as at least one square or hex of its space qualifies for flanking.
Flanking on Squares. When a creature and at least one of its allies are adjacent to an enemy and on opposite sides or corners of the enemy's space, they flank that enemy, and each of them has advantage on melee attack rolls against that enemy.
When in doubt about whether two creatures flank an enemy on a grid, trace an imaginary line between the centers of the creatures' spaces. If the line passes through opposite sides or corners of the enemy's space, the enemy is flanked.
Flanking on Hexes. When a creature and at least one of its allies are adjacent to an enemy and on opposite sides of the enemy's space, they flank that enemy, and each of them has advantage on attack rolls against that enemy. On hexes, count around the enemy from one creature to its ally. Against a Medium or smaller creature, the allies flank if there are 2 hexes between them.
Nov 26, 2015 6:28 pm
I just picture this mass surrounding the drow like in a bad kung-fu moving. Everyone making uncoordinated attacks that he easily counters until there's just a ring of dead bodies surrounding him.
Nov 26, 2015 6:33 pm
Not using flanking simply because being surrounded by enemies is already a tremendous handicap!

Yeah, Szemely, that's what I see (And what it looks like it's gonna turn into)
Nov 26, 2015 6:39 pm
Szemely says:
I just picture this mass surrounding the drow like in a bad kung-fu moving. Everyone making uncoordinated attacks that he easily counters until there's just a ring of dead bodies surrounding him.
Naatkinson says:
Yeah, Szemely, that's what I see (And what it looks like it's gonna turn into)
Someone needs to give him a wet willy!

https://coubsecure-a.akamaihd.net/get/b124/p/coub/simple/cw_gif_big/8f55760fc5e/33848caff7b7c75645b2a/1442660189_jg7a7x_87zfj.gif
Last edited November 28, 2015 3:11 pm
Nov 28, 2015 3:10 pm
Damn, Mai'ngor can't even get close to hitting this guy!
Nov 30, 2015 4:54 pm
Can I cast cantrips without a focus?
Nov 30, 2015 4:58 pm
Moofsalot says:
Can I cast cantrips without a focus?
You can cast any spell that doesn't need a material component
Nov 30, 2015 5:04 pm
And don't forget to pick your final spell!
Dec 1, 2015 1:18 am
Thanks for the avatar! Been meaning to get one...
Dec 1, 2015 1:25 am
No problem, feel free to change it any time. I just wanted to see one on there
Dec 2, 2015 4:45 pm
Naatkinson says:
You are all aware that there are no exit tunnels from the outpost. The only ways down that doesn't lead to spiders are the waterfall, which leads to a pool of unknown depth, and the lift on the west side of the outpost.
My understanding is that even if the PC's kill Ilvara and everyone in the priestesses' tower, the lift is still the only exit except maybe a climb up the waterfall (an option which I immediately dismissed before due to the lack of climbing equipment, but it seems climbing equipment is available now).

Am I missing something? Is there a way out of here through Ilvara's tower?
Dec 2, 2015 4:48 pm
I don't think there's a way out through Ilvara's tower, but we weren't given a detailed description since we didn't do a thorough search. I figure if we survive Ilvara's tower, we might find something that could help us against the demon.

Or maybe we can attract the demon into Ilvara's tower and let the two of them settle their differences! Assuming Ilvara is there, of course.
Last edited December 2, 2015 4:49 pm
Dec 2, 2015 4:48 pm
No, there is no way out through the tower. You may find treasure in there, though.

The only ways out are the lift (which require an operator to lower you down) and down the waterfall to the cavern floor.
Dec 2, 2015 4:49 pm
Looksl ike I didn't understand what I was looking at either. Looks like I went back to the tower, when I meant to go to the lift.
Dec 2, 2015 4:52 pm
Keleth says:
Looksl ike I didn't understand what I was looking at either. Looks like I went back to the tower, when I meant to go to the lift.
The post said tower, sorry!

I can edit mine to give an altered description!
Dec 2, 2015 7:18 pm
CancerMan says:
Or maybe we can attract the demon into Ilvara's tower and let the two of them settle their differences! Assuming Ilvara is there, of course.
Now that's an interesting proposition! :-)
Dec 2, 2015 7:24 pm
Just so I have enough perspective to make my decisions, where are we on the map, and where's the demon?
Dec 2, 2015 7:46 pm
You are just past the point where the narrow ledge below Ilvara's chambers (6-8) widens out. The demons are in the center of that large open area south of the lift.
Dec 2, 2015 8:02 pm
Ah, thanks.

For the party, I'm inclined to go back to Room 6-8, as I am not equipped to deal with a demon and will be extremely ineffective. Hunter will go along with what the party decides, though, given that there's relative safety in numbers.
Dec 2, 2015 9:01 pm
I agree with CancerMan. It's a rock and a hard place. Priestesses or no, the threat of a demon would probably force us to retreat to the nearest shelter. In this case, Ilvara's tower. Dun-dun-duuuuun! :-D

It would be interesting if we could get Ilvara and the demon to take each other out as CancerMan suggested hehe!
Dec 2, 2015 9:52 pm
As mentioned, all I know is we have a spider in the temple place, but I suspect its not a normal spider (I'm guessing we're talking about a large spider, right GM?)
Dec 2, 2015 9:54 pm
Yes, it is a giant spider
Dec 2, 2015 10:07 pm
So it's a choice between fighting our way through a vrock, two lycanthropes, and the drow guards to get to the lift, or fall back to the tower, fight drow priestesses and a giant spider, and hope that if we survive, by the time we come out the vrock will have taken out the lycanthropes and all the guards... :-D
Dec 2, 2015 10:09 pm
To be fair the drow guards around here are all dead :) lol

It's just one Vrock, c'mon guys! And it's been wounded too.
Dec 2, 2015 10:32 pm
I honestly don't know what a vrock is other than it's some sort of demon, so I'm not even capable of metagaming here! :-D But yeah, lemme stop thinking like a player...what would Mai'ngor, Tikbalang Champion do?

EDIT: Yeah, rolling up a new character now just in case! :-D
Last edited December 2, 2015 10:37 pm
Dec 2, 2015 11:15 pm
Mai'ngor, my hero!
Dec 2, 2015 11:32 pm
Brave, brave Tikbalang, we barely knew ye!
Dec 2, 2015 11:40 pm
CancerMan says:
Mai'ngor, my hero!
Naatkinson says:
Brave, brave Tikbalang, we barely knew ye!
LOL!

Was that Mai'ngor's turn for Round 1 or was that a surprise round? :-D
Dec 2, 2015 11:41 pm
I'll give that to you as a surprise round
Dec 2, 2015 11:43 pm
How big is Stool? As a sprout, I'm assuming small, but is he small enough to carry like a toddler?

EDIT addendum: And for the lift, when it requires an operator, does that mean someone has to control the lift from somewhere else, or can it be controlled from the lift itself?
Last edited December 2, 2015 11:53 pm
Dec 3, 2015 1:10 am
He is small enough to be carried like a toddler
The lift has the controls on it, and can carry up to 4 creatures at a time
Dec 3, 2015 1:51 am
So by my count we each should have 390 XP, more than enough to level up.
Dec 3, 2015 1:52 am
szemely says:
So by my count we each should have 390 XP, more than enough to level up.
Yes, sir!

Scare you with the Vrock? It only had 11 hp lol it was fun though to watch
Dec 3, 2015 1:53 am
Feel free to level yourselves up too
Dec 3, 2015 1:58 am
Seriously, I thought Mai'ngor was goners for sure!
Dec 3, 2015 2:04 am
At least Xeliss would have said a nice prayer for you if you hadn't made it. :-)
Dec 3, 2015 2:12 am
"Sucks that what's-his-face died. Amen." ;-)
Dec 3, 2015 2:14 am
Moofsalot says:
"Sucks that what's-his-face died. Amen." ;-)
Ha! :-)

EDIT: Comments like that are why we need to be able to "like" posts. :-)
Last edited December 3, 2015 2:41 am
Dec 3, 2015 2:16 am
LOL! :-D "Here lies horse-face..."
Dec 3, 2015 2:27 am
Took a level of Barbarian for Mai'ngor. Anything special about Shoor's swords? :-)
Dec 3, 2015 2:32 am
We level? Time to look up leveling!
Dec 3, 2015 2:35 am
Mai'ngor gets a point of inspiration
You notice nothing special about Shoor's swords at this time besides that they're very well made

Let me know if you need any help leveling :)
Dec 3, 2015 2:46 am
Naatkinson says:
Mai'ngor gets a point of inspiration
Woot! Thanks! Are we allowed more than 1 point? You gave us all 1 point to start with and I haven't used it yet. :-D
Dec 3, 2015 2:51 am
Unlimited
Dec 3, 2015 3:34 am
Do we get the level automatically, or do we have to rest first?
Dec 3, 2015 3:36 am
Go ahead and take it :-)
Dec 3, 2015 5:07 am
Anything special about the armor I nicked?
Dec 3, 2015 5:18 am
For leveling, as far as I can see, it's HP and any new abilities from my level. That's it, right?
Dec 3, 2015 5:59 am
Pretty much!
Dec 3, 2015 7:25 pm
Hmm... About Mai'ngor. Rage requires that you use strength for your attacks to maintain the rage. Being that Mai'ngor is a dex based character this might pose a problem. Anyone have constructive ideas to make this work?
Dec 3, 2015 7:31 pm
Could it be renamed to something like Adrenaline Rush, where he gets faster instead of stronger? Half-damage could be loosely played by heightened reflexes to shift away from the brunt of the attack instead of mentally powering through the wound.
Dec 3, 2015 7:31 pm
CancerMan says:
Could it be renamed to something like Adrenaline Rush, where he gets faster instead of stronger? Half-damage could be loosely played by heightened reflexes to shift away from the brunt of the attack instead of mentally powering through the wound.
I like it!
Dec 4, 2015 10:41 am
I didn't know barbarian rage made any distinction between Str & Dex attacks (now I do). I like CancerMan's suggestion! So what about the advantage to saves? Do we turn that into Dex too?
Dec 4, 2015 1:25 pm
I wasn't sure if you were using the Rage from the barbarian class, so I didn't expand further. But if you are, I would have suggested that it turn into a Dex save advantage, too.
Dec 4, 2015 1:56 pm
Dex saves are generally more powerful than str saves, but I'm not opposed if everyone else is ok with it
Dec 4, 2015 2:23 pm
I think it's thematically appropriate, so I'm perfectly ok with it.
Dec 7, 2015 7:22 am
Did Sarith cram onto the lift after Shuushar or did he cut in before Shuushar could board?
Dec 7, 2015 1:52 pm
He crammed in with everyone, sorry
Dec 7, 2015 2:08 pm
So that's Elfog, Hunter, Stool, Shuushar, and Sarith on the first trip, correct? Thanks!
Dec 7, 2015 11:02 pm
Yep, Elfog is helping to work the thing up.
Dec 7, 2015 11:08 pm
That's correct
Dec 8, 2015 8:32 pm
CancerMan says:
Made me think of the Bladesingers. How about calling Mai'ngor's rage-like ability Blade Dance?

Just so you know, I don't intend to take any more Barbarian levels. Going forward, Mai'ngor is going Fighter all the way. That's the plan, anyway. Looking back, I think thematically it would've made more sense if I had started him as a Barbarian given his story. Anyway, here we are.
Dec 8, 2015 8:33 pm
However you want to fluff it is ok with me!
Dec 8, 2015 8:36 pm
Me likey fluff! :-D
Dec 8, 2015 8:47 pm
Here's more: I want to say Mai'ngor's version of the barbarian's Unarmored Defense comes from his tattoos.
Quote:
Mai’ngor is a tikbalang pintado (tattooed warrior) from the highlands. His batuk (tattoos): lightning bolts across his chest. And across his back, a great balete tree. On his forearms, python skin patterns. On his biceps, crocodile hide patterns. On his hocks and fetlocks, cloud patterns representing the winds. On his forehead, a flaming stone.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/d3/8e/8bd38ee7262484523c7d3f50cfc0fe3a.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f8/72/0e/f8720e8a8cc09f900ae583059f524867.jpg
Last edited December 8, 2015 8:47 pm
Dec 9, 2015 9:23 pm
Going to change the initiative rules up a bit. Instead of being a straight d20 roll, I will roll init for each of you, and if more than half of you beat the opponents roll, the players will go first. Sound fair?
Dec 9, 2015 9:45 pm
Sure. I actually wanted to open up a thread on how to move various things that are easy enough IRL to PbP, so this seems like an interesting mechanic to try out.
Dec 9, 2015 10:12 pm
I'm fine with those initiative rules.
Dec 9, 2015 10:58 pm
Just as long as you don't roll low for me. :-)
Dec 10, 2015 2:29 am
Sure, that sounds fair.
Dec 10, 2015 2:40 am
Cool, works for me.
Dec 10, 2015 3:39 am
I love all the suspicion of Sarith lol, he's becoming a favorite npc of mine
Dec 10, 2015 4:10 am
Why isn't he helping? Why is he helping so much? Why is he moving? Why is he just standing there? Why, why, why??? :-P
Dec 10, 2015 12:31 pm
Do I still have superior darkvision in wolf form?
Dec 10, 2015 2:40 pm
Moofsalot says:
Do I still have superior darkvision in wolf form?
Nope, you take on the senses of the creature you transform into
Dec 10, 2015 3:18 pm
The lift is made of zurkhwood, a large underdark fungus that shares many properties with surface wood.

I'll continue when you have an official party order posted :)
Dec 11, 2015 4:40 pm
This is what I have so far:
Single File
Scout: Sarith
Elfog
Xeliss
Soliin
Shuushar
Hunter
Stool
Jimjar
Eldeth
Mai'ngor

Two Abreast
Scout: Sarith
Elfog/Xeliss
Soliin/Shuushar
Hunter/Stool
Jimjar/Eldeth
Mai'ngor

Look about right?

Edit: Forgot Jimjar and Eldeth!
Dec 11, 2015 5:49 pm
Looks good to Elfog!
Dec 11, 2015 6:02 pm
Soliin hiding amongst bigger folk? Sounds right.
Dec 11, 2015 6:05 pm
Keleth says:
Soliin hiding amongst bigger folk? Sounds right.
Seemed like a proper place for him: easy to hide, easy to get to an area for a good strike
Dec 11, 2015 7:05 pm
The order looks right in regards to Hunter, but she will switch places with Stool in single-file order and guide him by his hand.
Dec 11, 2015 7:20 pm
CancerMan says:
The order looks right in regards to Hunter, but she will switch places with Stool in single-file order and guide him by his hand.
Fair enough. I wasn't sure if she'd want to be in front or behind. I will update it
Dec 12, 2015 12:13 am
Looks good!
Dec 14, 2015 5:09 pm
Keleth says:
"If we're setting camp, is it safe enough to light a low fire? This glowing moss is nice, but some real light would be nice..."

Soliin goes over to where the steam erupted to check if it was natural or a trap.
You just got up from camp recently, my comment was just that I'd forgotten to get that information from you and I'd need it eventually.
Dec 14, 2015 5:13 pm
Ooops. I'll correct.
Dec 19, 2015 3:28 am
I'm going to be absolutely slammed over the weekend working on an epic Star Wars - The Force Awakens birthday cake. Won't be able to post, sorry!
Dec 21, 2015 5:34 pm
I love how my comment about having forgotten about a night watch spiraled into everybody thinking that it's time to camp. It's actually morning for you guys, you woke up maybe two hours ago :)
Dec 21, 2015 5:36 pm
Oops, edit time! :-)
Dec 30, 2015 12:05 am
Wondering if I've done this game a disservice by having everyone speak a common language. Should I have had them all be different?
Dec 30, 2015 3:54 am
Unless it's important to the game, I prefer the same language. It can sometimes be a needless hassle.
Jan 9, 2016 6:12 am
I'm sorry for the slow updates, giving everyone a chance for input and having some crazy days at work! Should have an update tomorrow or sunday!
Jan 16, 2016 2:37 pm
If I play true to character, Mai'ngor will at least attempt to explore this tomb, even solo, despite the risk. But as a player I know going solo would be suicide.

If I push on some of you might not appreciate me forcing your hand, so to speak.

Thankfully tikbalang are as capricious as they are greedy, so Mai'ngor might change his mind.
Last edited January 16, 2016 5:43 pm
Jan 16, 2016 2:48 pm
If I play true to character, I'll ignore the risk and try to get me some shiny...
Jan 16, 2016 5:44 pm
Some shiny! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! :-D

Tomb of a powerful sorcerer? WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG? LOL!
Last edited January 16, 2016 7:16 pm
Jan 17, 2016 1:07 am
I'm giving Mai'ngor an inspiration for his foolhardy descent. Xeliss will get one for following him in accordance with her love for treasure. Elfog and Hunter will get one for trying to get everyone back on track with the mission. Soliin will get one for being the site admin ;)
Jan 17, 2016 7:01 am
Rohit pauses as he hovers over the delete button next to Naatkinson... Huh? What? Oh, yes, good.
Jan 20, 2016 3:21 pm
Just in case there is any doubt, Mai'ngor is in range for the Message spell
Jan 20, 2016 11:09 pm
Sorry guys, just been insanely busy. Will be back to post tomorrow. Thanks!
Jan 21, 2016 11:21 pm
I meant to ask before a bunch of you posted your characters deciding to follow Mai'ngor: I realize I've sidetracked us, and I realize that's not always fun for everyone. Is everyone ok with this? Is everyone still having fun? Because if not I can turn Mai'ngor around. I actually wrote an exit back there ("We would never bury our dead in the ground. A soul so entombed would haunt the world forever.") but somehow I found myself pushing Mai'ngor forward anyway. Tell me if you're still having fun or if I'm spoiling it, because personally I think that's what's most important here.

So I meant to ask that but now Hunter and Soliin are about to head down. So tell me.
Jan 21, 2016 11:24 pm
I'm playing along, with the caveat that I'm leaving your horseshoes behind at the first sight of trouble.
Jan 21, 2016 11:43 pm
I'm cool with it.

Elfog, on the other hand, is pretty pissed, but he'll just take his frustration out on the Drow.
Jan 22, 2016 6:06 pm
Can specters only be hit by magic weapons? Should Soliin be smart enough to run away fast?
Jan 22, 2016 6:13 pm
Feel free to roll an Int check to see what you'd know! This will not take an action
Jan 25, 2016 2:05 pm
I'm going to give Keleth and Moofs a bit more time before I act for them
Jan 25, 2016 2:23 pm
Sorry, I guess I missed something somewhere. Ii thought I was still disabling the shuttle?
Jan 25, 2016 2:33 pm
Shuttle? Must me thinking of another game! You're down in a tomb and have been confronted by Specters. Mai'ngor has told everyone to run away.
Jan 25, 2016 2:47 pm
Heh, oops, both threads are OOC, and I mixed them up... gotta figure out some way to make it more obvious what game you're in. That said, sorry, didn't realize I didn't post. I'll have something in once I get to work.
Jan 25, 2016 6:35 pm
Whoops- meant to take the form of a wolf and attempt to attack, but I don't have the stats in front of me.
Jan 25, 2016 6:43 pm
Pulled from 5esrd.com:

Medium beast, unaligned

Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 11 (2d8 + 2)
Speed 40 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
12 (+1) 15 (+2) 12 (+1) 3 (-4) 12 (+1) 6 (-2)
Skills Perception +3, Stealth +4
Senses: passive Perception 13
Languages —
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)

Special Traits
Keen Hearing and Smell: The wolf has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
Pack Tactics: The wolf has advantage on attack rolls against a creature if at least one of the wolf’s allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn’t incapacitated.

Actions
Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (2d4 + 2) piercing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 11 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
Jan 26, 2016 2:13 am
Mai'ngor is attempting a tactical retreat. He's all about glory in battle but owing to his culture's views regarding the departed he really is unnerved by undead and will turn around and run the moment everyone else is safely away. He would never leave anyone behind (well, maybe Sarith). Looks like Xeliss is about to engage though. If she does, Mai'ngor will commit as well.
Jan 27, 2016 3:11 pm
Naatkinson says:
Mai'ngor can feel the blade he took from Shoor connect solidly with specter 3, turning it into vapor which disperses quickly. Obviously the blade has some sort of magic in it to dispatch the specter so easily.
Woot! Since Mai'ngor has now been in possession of Shoor's swords for about a week does he get a sense of what their properties are? Are they now attuned to him?
Jan 27, 2016 3:20 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
Mai'ngor can feel the blade he took from Shoor connect solidly with specter 3, turning it into vapor which disperses quickly. Obviously the blade has some sort of magic in it to dispatch the specter so easily.
Woot! Since Mai'ngor has now been in possession of Shoor's swords for about a week does he get a sense of what their properties are? Are they now attuned to him?
Mai'ngor can tell there is some sort of magic in it, but its exact nature eludes him. He gets the sense that there is some great potential waiting to be unlocked in the blade.
Jan 27, 2016 3:45 pm
Do I still need to roll for a CON save or does my wolf form absorb it when I revert back to my gnomish self? Not sure how that works.
Jan 27, 2016 3:48 pm
I'll have you roll the con save for the 3 damage that rolled over into your gnome form
Jan 27, 2016 8:14 pm
Yeah, he did, but only one was magical :)
Jan 27, 2016 8:16 pm
Naatkinson says:
Ah. Copy that. ;-)

So I guess I should specify which sword I'm striking with. I guess since we've set a precedent, moving forward the magical one is the main weapon and the other one is the off-hand.
Last edited January 27, 2016 8:18 pm
Jan 27, 2016 8:27 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
Ah. Copy that. ;-)

So I guess I should specify which sword I'm striking with. I guess since we've set a precedent, moving forward the magical one is the main weapon and the other one is the off-hand.
I had assumed you would use the finer blade in your main hand. If you want to change it going forward that's fine too.
Jan 27, 2016 8:27 pm
I'm shocked at how well you're all doing in this combat!
Jan 27, 2016 9:07 pm
Heeeeey :-p
Jan 28, 2016 3:29 pm
I don't mean to rules lawyer, but why does Specter 2 roll 3d6 for the crit damage against Soliin? A crit only adds 1 extra weapon die, doesn't it? Or am I wrong?
Jan 28, 2016 3:31 pm
Crits double the damage dice rolled. Certain features, such as Brutal Critical for Barbarians specify only one damage die
Jan 28, 2016 3:35 pm
Soliin was ok being a side table or footstool. But noooooo, he had to try to escape...
Jan 28, 2016 3:37 pm
Keleth says:
Soliin was ok being a side table or footstool. But noooooo, he had to try to escape...
He did escape! And he's still alive at this point. And you're almost done with the battle!
Jan 28, 2016 3:38 pm
I think Jabes was referring to the two 3d6 rolls you had on Soliin, from Specter2. The first damage roll was a 12 and was included in the attack roll. Then there's a second roll of 3d6 for 13 points, which appears to have been the one that was doubled for 25 points.
Jan 28, 2016 3:38 pm
Naatkinson says:
Crits double the damage dice rolled. Certain features, such as Brutal Critical for Barbarians specify only one damage die
Oh. Thanks for setting me straight. :-)
Jan 28, 2016 3:51 pm
You guys would be doing far better if I hadn't gotten 3 criticals so far this combat!
Jan 28, 2016 3:59 pm
I notice you rolled my death save. I didn't need to roll then, did I?
Jan 28, 2016 4:01 pm
Keleth says:
I notice you rolled my death save. I didn't need to roll then, did I?
You rolled the Con save to avoid the worst of the Life Drain. I rolled the Death Save rather than have you make another post for one roll. Rule for reference:
OOC:
Death Saving Throws

Whenever you start your turn with 0 hit points, you must make a special saving throw, called a death saving throw, to determine whether you creep closer to death or hang onto life. Unlike other saving throws, this one isn’t tied to any ability score. You are in the hands of fate now, aided only by spells and features that improve your chances of succeeding on a saving throw.

Roll a d20: If the roll is 10 or higher, you succeed. Otherwise, you fail. A success or failure has no effect by itself. On your third success, you become stable (see below). On your third failure, you die. The successes and failures don’t need to be consecutive; keep track of both until you collect three of a kind. The number of both is reset to zero when you regain any hit points or become stable.

Rolling 1 or 20: When you make a death saving throw and roll a 1 on the d20, it counts as two failures. If you roll a 20 on the d20, you regain 1 hit point.

Damage at 0 Hit Points: If you take any damage while you have 0 hit points, you suffer a death saving throw failure. If the damage is from a critical hit, you suffer two failures instead. If the damage equals or exceeds your hit point maximum, you suffer instant death.
Jan 28, 2016 4:43 pm
Ah, thanks for clarifying; I missed the con save part. Yah, I had a general idea of how death saves worked; glad I'm not dead (yet).
Jan 29, 2016 6:12 pm
Don't worry about the dying halfling.
Feb 2, 2016 4:07 am
Being stable means I'm awake now, right?
Feb 2, 2016 4:09 am
You'll be back at 1 hp
Feb 2, 2016 4:30 am
So I can act!
Feb 3, 2016 12:50 am
For the record, Mai'ngor wanted to leave but the other three seemed to be keen on going for more treasure. And then there was the voice. :-D

So there's just a room and a sarcophagus? No indication of a prisoner?
Last edited February 3, 2016 12:53 am
Feb 3, 2016 1:25 am
Elfog (not so) secretly hopes that you all die so he can get out of this gods-foresaken place! :-)
Feb 3, 2016 1:28 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
For the record, Mai'ngor wanted to leave but the other three seemed to be keen on going for more treasure. And then there was the voice. :-D

So there's just a room and a sarcophagus? No indication of a prisoner?
Correct, you haven't seen the prisoner yet
Feb 3, 2016 7:52 pm
Everyone here knows how the Hit Dice system works for replenishing HP on a short rest, right?
Feb 3, 2016 8:18 pm
Mai'ngor is uninjured so I'm good. :-)
Feb 3, 2016 8:23 pm
I'm actually a bit unclear. Given none of us have healer kits, I'm not sure how much we heal. We each have 2 HD right now, right?
Feb 3, 2016 8:28 pm
You have 2 HD now, you may spend them on a short rest to heal your HD (1d8) + Con Mod.

Example: Soliin has 2 HD and decides he wants to use one. He will roll 1d8+2 and regain that many HP. He can then decide to use another if that didn't heal enough and roll another 1d8+2 for that much more healing. You also regain half of your spent HD on a Long Rest.
Feb 3, 2016 8:37 pm
Ah, I thought you only get the full heal when you have a healers kit. I'm gonna have to review all this.
Feb 4, 2016 1:59 pm
Also, if everyone could keep track of their current hit points in their character sheet that would be awesome.

Did you want to use your Hit Dice, Keleth? I know you were pretty beaten up.
Feb 4, 2016 2:01 pm
To be honest I'm not sure I calculated my current hp correctly what with shifting in and out of the wolf form and getting smacked around before and after. It doesn't look right to me.
Feb 4, 2016 2:06 pm
Sorry, yesterday was busy with code and fencing.

Rolls

Recovery - (1d8+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Feb 4, 2016 2:08 pm
I also just noticed I never added a current HP box for DnD5e. I'll try to fix that.
Feb 4, 2016 2:15 pm
Moofsalot says:
To be honest I'm not sure I calculated my current hp correctly what with shifting in and out of the wolf form and getting smacked around before and after. It doesn't look right to me.
You took 14 damage in the first hit: 11 was absorbed by the wolf form and you took 3 to your real HP. Then you get hit for 9 and 7 damage, the wolf absorbed 11 of that and you took 5 on your real HP, reducing you to 7. Then you cast Healing Word on yourself for 5 points, bringing you up to 12.

Looks right to me!
Feb 4, 2016 7:41 pm
Keleth says:
I also just noticed I never added a current HP box for DnD5e. I'll try to fix that.
I've gotten into the habit of tracking current hp, XP, available spell/rage/smite/ki etc slots in the Notes section. :-)
Feb 4, 2016 7:43 pm
Early in, the idea was to add that tracking to the game rather than the character, but I'm realizing that doesn't make sense.
Feb 4, 2016 7:57 pm
This might be clunky, but what about adding common stats automatically into the body of the message? Like at the top?
Feb 4, 2016 8:02 pm
The thing is, different classes have different stuff to track. Everyone tracks HP & XP, obviously, but others have ammo, spell slots, ki, smite, sorcery points, wildshape, rage, etc. It's not one sheet fits all :-)
Feb 4, 2016 8:10 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
The thing is, different classes have different stuff to track. Everyone tracks HP & XP, obviously, but others have ammo, spell slots, ki, smite, sorcery points, wildshape, rage, etc. It's not one sheet fits all :-)
Yeah, HP would be a good default one though, especially in games where you play the healer and so might not have access to everyone's current information.
Feb 4, 2016 8:25 pm
HP and AC maybe?
Feb 4, 2016 8:28 pm
I think what I'm going to do is add stuff like HP to the char sheet themselves (we will have to do a review of all the char sheets at some point), but as I work on the redesign, maybe we can add in a "party info" tab to the game bar.
Feb 4, 2016 8:35 pm
While we're at it, could there be a "save" button near the top of the character sheet?
Feb 4, 2016 8:46 pm
Sure. Save buttons for everyone!

Wait... this should maybe be it's own thread, heh.
Feb 4, 2016 8:57 pm
And also while we're at it (hehe) is there a way to keep the post as your character's (instead of it reverting to player's) after clicking the "advanced" button in order to make rolls?
Feb 4, 2016 9:03 pm
My OOC thread has been hijacked! Noooooo! ;-)
Feb 6, 2016 5:06 am
Quote:
I'm doubtful, but is there anything I can really hide behind?
Halflings have the ability to hide behind Medium or larger creatures. So Soliin can hide behind Mai'ngor. :-)
Feb 7, 2016 3:13 pm
I sure hope it's not just the tikbalang and the half-dead halfling going down to face the demilich tarrasque! :-D
Feb 8, 2016 3:19 pm
Lol poor tikbalang...
Feb 8, 2016 3:34 pm
And I was just about to have him turn around and leave. Well he's committed to this battle now. I just hope the party backs him up...I think this could be deadly but winnable.
Feb 8, 2016 3:36 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
And I was just about to have him turn around and leave. Well he's committed to this battle now. I just hope the party backs him up...I think this could be deadly but winnable.
I totally expected more than one person to go down with you. There are other things going on here though that have yet to play out. Stay tuned!
Feb 8, 2016 4:34 pm
Hunter can actually make it close enough to see what's going on without using a dash action. So she can act if she wants. The map is slightly misleading in the way it curves. It's just meant to show that there is a chamber below, it is a straight shot the the room.
Feb 8, 2016 4:43 pm
Xeliss will take her time getting down there to help her horse friend out.
Feb 8, 2016 5:19 pm
Soliin has a hard time resisting his curiosity, if it's not obvious. He may also have a thing about leaving someone trapped behind, if you noticed in the escape :p Not because he necessarily wants to help them, but more heads are adventurous to his escape.
Feb 9, 2016 4:45 pm
Quote:
The creature is dead, you have cleared the tomb and earned 400 xp each.
Woot! I was so sure Mai'ngor at the very least would die. If my calculations are correct I just hit 900XP - Level 3?
Feb 9, 2016 4:47 pm
Yes, you should all have hit level 3 now. If that attack from the wraith had hit you, you would have probably died.
Feb 9, 2016 4:59 pm
This actually kinda worked out in character. I'm planning on taking the Arcane Trickster archetype, and my near death experience is the perfect reason.
Feb 9, 2016 5:01 pm
Go ahead and roll perception to see what you are able to find :)
Feb 9, 2016 5:22 pm
If I'm lucky I'll find a rock. :(
Feb 9, 2016 6:35 pm
A rock? That's more than I'm bound to find! Can I roll something to steal Moofsalot's rock?
Feb 9, 2016 6:39 pm
Added my perception to the original post.
Feb 9, 2016 7:51 pm
Xeliss found plenty of loot in the specter room, and it looks like there's some more down in the lower level. I don't know if she'll share with the others but Mai'ngor is content with his sword.
Feb 9, 2016 8:51 pm
So are we taking a full rest to level up or something?

I think there's another unexplored room up on the same level as the specter room. We could fo that and then rest, or the other way around, or just leave it.
Feb 9, 2016 8:53 pm
But there may be more sun swords... Actually, I don't mind, since I don't use longswords. But actually, didn't Mai'ngor have another magical sword?
Feb 9, 2016 8:55 pm
The Sun Blade that Mai'ngor got counts as a long sword for damage, but it's finesse and you can use it if you have short sword proficiency.

You can try to take a long rest whenever you want to :)
Feb 9, 2016 8:56 pm
I've got one spell slot left, but if someone wanted to check that other room, she'd not be opposed.
Feb 9, 2016 9:14 pm
Edited my last post. Mai'ngor is giving Soliin Shoor Vandree's magical sword. The tikbalang will retain the sun blade and Shoor's other (non-magical) sword.

And yeah, Mai'ngor is for exploring the other room, whether now or later.
Last edited February 9, 2016 9:15 pm
Feb 9, 2016 9:19 pm
Aw, you didn't have to do that Jabes!
Feb 9, 2016 9:29 pm
I'll wait to advance this thing until everyone had finished their level. Looks like Mai'ngor is almost done, just hasn't updated his HP yet
Feb 9, 2016 9:35 pm
Ah, ok, I take we're gonna rest then? I'll add an RP note, and assume I've had time to peel the gold?
Feb 9, 2016 9:38 pm
Keleth says:
Ah, ok, I take we're gonna rest then? I'll add an RP note, and assume I've had time to peel the gold?
The resting is up to you all, but I'll have you gain the level now. And the gold is no problem (it's worth 250 gp)
Feb 9, 2016 9:47 pm
Keleth says:
Mai'ngor isn't the generous type. He helps those who help him. He doesn't really make friends either. In trying to gain Soliin as an ally Mai'ngor is really just serving himself ;-)
Feb 9, 2016 9:48 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Keleth says:
Mai'ngor isn't the generous type. He helps those who help him. He doesn't really make friends either. In trying to gain Soliin as an ally Mai'ngor is really just serving himself ;-)
Kindred spirits! Mai'ngor can kill things, so Soliin likes Mai'ngor!
Feb 9, 2016 9:56 pm
I can't remember which HP levelling method we decided to use: roll or the standard increase? I'mnot seeing any rolls for level 2 so I guess we settled on standard?
Feb 9, 2016 9:59 pm
I'm leaving it up to you which you want to use
Feb 9, 2016 10:00 pm
I think most people went with average for level 2 just as a safety net
Feb 9, 2016 10:06 pm
Ok, Mai'ngor is leveled up. Was excited, thought it was archetype time, then remembered Mai'ngor is multiclassed :-P
Feb 9, 2016 10:07 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Ok, Mai'ngor is leveled up. Was excited, thought it was archetype time, then remembered Mai'ngor is multiclassed :-P
Any idea what archetypes you are thinking about?
Feb 9, 2016 10:21 pm
I realize the spells part of the char sheet is lacking. I'm thinking new field per spell indicating level, and a set of inputs across the top for slots by level?
Feb 9, 2016 10:23 pm
Keleth says:
I realize the spells part of the char sheet is lacking. I'm thinking new field per spell indicating level, and a set of inputs across the top for slots by level?
That would be amazing!
Feb 9, 2016 11:16 pm
If there's more room for changes, there could be something for prepared spells versus spells available. Not sure what could be done, but something to distinguish it somehow.
Feb 9, 2016 11:53 pm
That one gets more complicated. At some point, I want to add a "spellbook" at some point, but that's way more complicated.
Feb 11, 2016 9:57 pm
If you plan on splitting the gold evenly amongst everyone then Stool and Shuushar are not at all interested. That leaves the five of you plus Sarith, Eldeth, and Jimjar, who would each be happy to take their share. If you plan on splitting it another way, or taking extra for yourself before the others get there then that's another story :)
Feb 11, 2016 10:04 pm
I took the items but am begrudgingly ok with spltting the gold evenly, unless someone looks like they're in desperate need of one of the potions. Do I even know what they do?
Feb 11, 2016 10:09 pm
From previous experience you can tell that the deep red one is a greater potion of healing (4d4+4)
Feb 11, 2016 10:10 pm
The other two you can make an Arcana check to see if you can figure it out, or you can spend a short rest studying one and figure it out
Feb 11, 2016 10:29 pm
I'll work to split it up as everyone gets there.
Feb 11, 2016 10:29 pm
I also like how most of us don't really trust each other, but only kinda do.
Feb 12, 2016 1:34 am
If I'm reading the PHB right, rogues are no longer the trap finders?
Feb 12, 2016 1:46 am
Anyone can look for traps with their perception skill
Feb 12, 2016 1:52 am
Ok... well, I'm not near the door, still collecting the cold, so I guess I can't do it yet, heh.
Feb 12, 2016 2:21 am
Yeah, it was an open invitation for anybody to check, even though I don't recall doing this when we initially entered.

One of the nice things about 5e is how everyone can do practically everything; it's just a question of how good you are at it, mixed in with a little bit of luck.
Feb 16, 2016 12:03 am
Sorry, crazy weekend and crazy work day, should be able to post an update tomorrow!
Feb 16, 2016 12:09 am
No worries, I had assumed everyone but me had the day off and was out doing fun things!
Feb 16, 2016 3:45 am
I was out doing fun things! eg, barely functional because of whatever I've had the last few days.
Feb 17, 2016 8:23 pm
You will be able to take a long rest if that's what you want to do
Feb 17, 2016 8:34 pm
Is there any indication as to time of day?
Feb 17, 2016 8:47 pm
Moofsalot says:
Is there any indication as to time of day?
Not in the Underdark! Mwahaha!
Feb 17, 2016 10:55 pm
Long rest will work for Elfog. It'll be easier to kill all of the other while they're sleeping....
Feb 18, 2016 1:53 pm
So, same watch order as before?
Feb 18, 2016 11:25 pm
I don't see why not. Someone keep an eye on the Drow though!
Feb 19, 2016 6:04 am
szemely says:
I believe Elfog has that covered. Then again Mai'ngor and Sarith could share a watch, see how the drow likes Sinag's sunshine! >:-D
Feb 19, 2016 1:47 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
szemely says:
I believe Elfog has that covered. Then again Mai'ngor and Sarith could share a watch, see how the drow likes Sinag's sunshine! >:-D
Gonna be honest, he pretty much hates you right now lol
Feb 19, 2016 5:16 pm
You are on your sixth day after having escaped the drow at this point. You are able to complete your rest in peace and wake up ready to go the next "morning".
Feb 21, 2016 8:15 pm
Keleth says:
OOC:
I assume I use perception to listen?
That is correct
Feb 23, 2016 7:48 pm
Mai'ngor can't use Action Surge to enter War Dance as it is a bonus action and Action Surge only works on regular old actions. You can make another attack if you'd like though!
Feb 23, 2016 8:18 pm
Should I know anything about this short sword?
Feb 23, 2016 8:19 pm
You don't know anything about it yet, and neither did Mai'ngor
The only thing he knew was that it has some sort of enchantment on it.
Feb 23, 2016 8:30 pm
Sounds good!
Feb 24, 2016 7:04 am
Naatkinson says:
Mai'ngor can't use Action Surge to enter War Dance as it is a bonus action and Action Surge only works on regular old actions. You can make another attack if you'd like though!
Can I use it to Shove Ilvara prone?
Feb 24, 2016 1:38 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
You certainly can
Feb 24, 2016 1:45 pm
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
You certainly can
Added an Athletics roll to my post. If she goes prone then Soliin would've had advantage. He did hit her, I know, but with advantage he just might roll a crit! ;-)
Feb 25, 2016 9:51 pm
Just waiting on Xeliss to take her turn
Feb 28, 2016 4:52 pm
Damn, I hope I do better in the first regular round! Totally botched the surprise round! :-P
Feb 29, 2016 4:05 pm
It's a really good thing you have that sword! It's almost like I planned it that way or something! ;)
Feb 29, 2016 5:42 pm
I can use Cunning Action to hide as a bonus action, but I'm guessing that's not really possible in the crowd. But if I hop behind Ilvara, flanking, I can still make a sneak attack, right?
Feb 29, 2016 5:45 pm
Keleth says:
I can use Cunning Action to hide as a bonus action, but I'm guessing that's not really possible in the crowd. But if I hop behind Ilvara, flanking, I can still make a sneak attack, right?
She is engaged with other opponents, so you don't even have to flank.

The requirements for sneak attack are:
1. Advantage on your attack
or
2. You have an ally within five feet of your enemy

So long as you meet at least one of those, you get sneak attack.
Feb 29, 2016 6:02 pm
Ah, I misread that in the book then. But having an ally in 5ft doesn't give me advantage, right?
Feb 29, 2016 6:05 pm
Keleth says:
Ah, I misread that in the book then. But having an ally in 5ft doesn't give me advantage, right?
Correct :)
Mar 1, 2016 10:42 pm
One thing I want to point out, Xeliss, is that you have the ability to wild shape into any CR 1 beast since you're a moon druid. This includes Brown Bears and Dire Wolves :)

Only restrictions are that it can't have a fly or swim speed. Those requirements are determined by the table in the PHB, but the CR is equal to one-third of your druid level (Rounded Down)
Mar 2, 2016 1:31 am
I know, the problem is that I can't exactly look up the beast stats while I'm at work, especially when it's super busy. I'm more likely to go with something quick and easy like a spell or something I've already used...
Mar 2, 2016 9:31 pm
Moofsalot says:
I know, the problem is that I can't exactly look up the beast stats while I'm at work, especially when it's super busy. I'm more likely to go with something quick and easy like a spell or something I've already used...
Fair enough, just wanted to make sure you didn't miss it in your reading. I made a thread with the stats for a couple of the beasts you can shift into, might make it easier to work with when you're at work. Let me know if there are more you'd like me to add in and I'd be happy to oblige :)
Mar 3, 2016 2:47 am
Thanks! Maybe something small for hiding like a rat?
Mar 3, 2016 6:21 am
Got the rat in there now too :)

Just waiting on Xeliss to take her turn before the drow slaughter you all!
Mar 3, 2016 1:37 pm
Did Xeliss ever level up to 3? Looks like she's still level 2 at the moment
Mar 3, 2016 2:04 pm
Arggh no. I'll add it to my to-do list for tonight.
Mar 3, 2016 4:46 pm
Can I make a directed sneak attack against the priestess' hand, try to disable her spell casting? I know I'll have a greater variety of things to do as I level, just trying to think what I can do now besides a ton of damage :P
Mar 3, 2016 4:54 pm
Keleth says:
Can I make a directed sneak attack against the priestess' hand, try to disable her spell casting? I know I'll have a greater variety of things to do as I level, just trying to think what I can do now besides a ton of damage :P
Called shots aren't spelled out in 5e, and while I like the idea a lot, it's not really a path I want to go down at this point. Its too open to exploitation (I'll go for the eyes!) to balance properly.
Mar 3, 2016 4:55 pm
You could try to shove her prone, giving everyone advantage on attacks against her. You could try to disarm her of her VERY nasty whip.
Mar 3, 2016 5:10 pm
Disarm is a strength check?
Mar 3, 2016 5:28 pm
Keleth says:
Disarm is a strength check?
Disarm is an attack roll made against an opponent's Athletics or Acrobatic check (Their choice). If you win then they drop their weapon.
Mar 3, 2016 6:05 pm
I just made a attack roll with dex, not realizing whether disarm would be a finesse thing or not.
Mar 3, 2016 6:06 pm
Keleth says:
I just made a attack roll with dex, not realizing whether disarm would be a finesse thing or not.
It is just a straight attack roll, so you do get to use Dex if you have a finesse weapon. You did it perfectly :)
Mar 3, 2016 7:48 pm
Quote:
D2 keeps up his attacks on Mai'ngor, still mostly blinded from the light. He scores a minor hit on the tikbalang (4 damage)
-I marked half (2) damage (Resistance from War Dance).
-As I noted in my post, I'm not entirely sure if kicking Ilvara's whip away is correct use of a "free object interaction".
-By mistake, I rolled a d8 instead of a d6 for the shortsword. Added a corrected roll directly below it (d6 this time, and including the crit die.)
-I used Action Surge for a 2nd attack with Sinag. Boy, did it pay off! :-D
Mar 3, 2016 7:57 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Quote:
D2 keeps up his attacks on Mai'ngor, still mostly blinded from the light. He scores a minor hit on the tikbalang (4 damage)
-I marked half (2) damage (Resistance from War Dance).
-As I noted in my post, I'm not entirely sure if kicking Ilvara's whip away is correct use of a "free object interaction".
-By mistake, I rolled a d8 instead of a d6 for the shortsword. Added a corrected roll directly below it (d6 this time, and including the crit die.)
-I used Action Surge for a 2nd attack with Sinag. Boy, did it pay off! :-D
- I'll always post full damage and let you deal with the resistance part :)
- Kicking a weapon away is a totally valid use of the free interaction
- You already used action surge earlier to try to shove Ilvara prone

- I will grant Inspiration to you for the awesome description of the action though!
Mar 3, 2016 8:02 pm
Quote:
- You already used action surge earlier to try to shove Ilvara prone
Oh crap, you're right! Sorry about that! I guess I should edit the description to cut out that last attack then! :-D
Quote:
- I'll always post full damage and let you deal with the resistance part :)
Yup. Just reporting that I marked half. :-)
Last edited March 3, 2016 8:03 pm
Mar 3, 2016 8:27 pm
How many times can I take an animal form in a day?
Mar 3, 2016 8:28 pm
Moofsalot says:
How many times can I take an animal form in a day?
You can use Wild Shape twice. You regain all uses after a short or long rest.
Mar 3, 2016 8:42 pm
What's it like when someone hits 0 again? How long do they survive at 0, and how do I stabilize them?
Mar 3, 2016 8:51 pm
Keleth says:
What's it like when someone hits 0 again? How long do they survive at 0, and how do I stabilize them?
Falling Unconscious

If damage reduces you to 0 hit points and fails to kill you, you fall unconscious (see appendix A). This unconsciousness ends if you regain any hit points.

Death Saving Throws

Whenever you start your turn with 0 hit points, you must make a special saving throw, called a death saving throw, to determine whether you creep closer to death or hang onto life. Unlike other saving throws, this one isn’t tied to any ability score. You are in the hands of fate now, aided only by spells and features that improve your chances of succeeding on a saving throw.

Roll a d20: If the roll is 10 or higher, you succeed. Otherwise, you fail. A success or failure has no effect by itself. On your third success, you become stable (see below). On your third failure, you die. The successes and failures don’t need to be consecutive; keep track of both until you collect three of a kind. The number of both is reset to zero when you regain any hit points or become stable.

Rolling 1 or 20: When you make a death saving throw and roll a 1 on the d20, it counts as two failures. If you roll a 20 on the d20, you regain 1 hit point.

Damage at 0 Hit Points: If you take any damage while you have 0 hit points, you suffer a death saving throw failure. If the damage is from a critical hit, you suffer two failures instead. If the damage equals or exceeds your hit point maximum, you suffer instant death.

Stabilizing a Creature

The best way to save a creature with 0 hit points is to heal it. If healing is unavailable, the creature can at least be stabilized so that it isn’t killed by a failed death saving throw.

You can use your action to administer first aid to an unconscious creature and attempt to stabilize it, which requires a successful DC 10 Wisdom (Medicine) check.

A stable creature doesn’t make death saving throws, even though it has 0 hit points, but it does remain unconscious. The creature stops being stable, and must start making death saving throws again, if it takes any damage. A stable creature that isn’t healed regains 1 hit point after 1d4 hours.
Mar 4, 2016 5:40 am
AmI rolling for HP? Also... how many new spells do I get? 1 level 1 and 1 level 2? Or just one additional?
Mar 4, 2016 5:44 am
Moofsalot says:
AmI rolling for HP? Also... how many new spells do I get? 1 level 1 and 1 level 2? Or just one additional?
You can roll for hp, or take the average, that's up to you.

You know all of your spells automatically as a druid. You can have a number of spells prepared equal to your Wis mod + Druid Level, so basically 5 at this point.

You also have 4 first level spell slots, and 2 second level slots.
Mar 7, 2016 3:07 pm
Gonna give Xeliss a few more hours to respond before I take her turn for her :)
Mar 7, 2016 8:57 pm
I can't believe you won that... and with only one (NPC) casualty. One CR 8, 7, 5, 2, and three CR 1/4s
Mar 7, 2016 9:01 pm
Oh crap, I totally forgot about the casualty!
Mar 7, 2016 9:05 pm
Yeah Eldeth went down. I was kinda hoping she's just unconscious and not dead.
Mar 7, 2016 9:07 pm
She failed three death saves :(
Mar 7, 2016 9:39 pm
I... I also forgot. I will edit my post accordingly.
Mar 8, 2016 12:26 pm
Sorry Jabes! Misread some posts I guess! I thought he threw his weapons down. Now I have to go back and reread, to make sure!
Mar 8, 2016 12:46 pm
What! Shit I prob would have healed her. Oh wait I don't think I have anything that could have helped.

...except healing word. Boooo.
Last edited March 8, 2016 12:49 pm
Mar 8, 2016 12:52 pm
Keleth says:
Sorry Jabes! Misread some posts I guess! I thought he threw his weapons down. Now I have to go back and reread, to make sure!
Haha no worries, man! Now it makes for some good RP. :-)
Mar 8, 2016 3:59 pm
Soliin, the thief that's so good that he does it without noticing. Got any kender blood?
Mar 10, 2016 12:02 am
Did we get a long rest overnight then?
Mar 10, 2016 12:04 am
szemely says:
Did we get a long rest overnight then?
Sure did
Mar 10, 2016 12:09 am
Sweet!
Mar 11, 2016 6:05 pm
Stealth mode activated.
Mar 11, 2016 6:19 pm
Would Soliin know anything about Kuo Toa? Like, intelligent, open to reason, territorial?
Mar 11, 2016 6:31 pm
Keleth says:
Would Soliin know anything about Kuo Toa? Like, intelligent, open to reason, territorial?
You all know from your time with Shuushar that most of them are quite insane. Little else is known besides that they have odd mannerisms and worship the Sea Mother
Mar 11, 2016 6:37 pm
Fair enough. Realized I didn't ask back in the beginning, but we'll go with it!
Mar 12, 2016 7:20 pm
Rules Clarification: You can't do "non-lethal" damage. You can decide when you reduce an enemy to 0 HP with a melee attack that you want to knock them unconscious instead of kill them. Just go ahead and let me know when you engage a foe (or at any time before you reduce them to 0) and I will have them fall unconscious instead.
Mar 12, 2016 9:48 pm
Thanks for the clarification! :-) I guess non-lethal/subdual is a relic of 3rd ed :-D
Mar 12, 2016 11:47 pm
Yup, glad I know!
Mar 14, 2016 4:59 pm
Sinag (Dawnbringer) is mechanically a longsword (with the finesse property). Does it have the versatile property?
Mar 14, 2016 5:06 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Sinag (Dawnbringer) is mechanically a longsword (with the finesse property). Does it have the versatile property?
It certainly does

Gonna switch your fighting style?
Mar 14, 2016 5:08 pm
Only this round, because Mai'ngor hasn't drawn the other sword yet (and will use his bonus action to enter War Dance). ;-)
Mar 14, 2016 5:10 pm
Where am I on the map? Mechanically I want to get between two of the bad guys (if they're close together, otherwise just one of em) and then go into bear form and attack. Can that be done or is that two actions?
Mar 14, 2016 5:16 pm
Moofsalot says:
Where am I on the map? Mechanically I want to get between two of the bad guys (if they're close together, otherwise just one of em) and then go into bear form and attack. Can that be done or is that two actions?
Sorry, I had cut you out of the picture. I fixed it for you!
Mar 14, 2016 5:27 pm
Ooh maybe I'll try the "climb creature" move instead. Is k-8 in range?
Mar 14, 2016 5:33 pm
Moofsalot says:
Ooh maybe I'll try the "climb creature" move instead. Is k-8 in range?
Rats have 20 ft movement, you can get to him if you want to dash over there. Otherwise, K6 is right in range without a dash
Mar 14, 2016 5:51 pm
I just posted and think I miscounted squares. I'm trying to do a Color Spray, 15ft cone, to cover 3 enemies, but I don't think it's gonna hit, is it? If I mismeasured, can I change my action?
Mar 14, 2016 5:53 pm
I believe Naatkinson's maps have a scale of 5 ft per square.
Mar 14, 2016 6:00 pm
Yeah, I haven't resolved the actions, go ahead and change it up. And I do indeed use 5 ft squares
Mar 14, 2016 6:02 pm
So can you confirm: I can't get K4, K5, and K8, but I can get K5, K8, and KM1?

EDIT: Actually, never mind, I can't cast any spells. I don't have components. Forgot about that... (been a LONG time since I've played a caster, and my group usually ignores minor components, unless thematically important).
Mar 14, 2016 11:57 pm
Dwarven fury can also be the name of a nice cologne. What would it smell like?
Mar 15, 2016 1:36 am
Moofsalot says:
What would it smell like?
Old Spice and Beer
Mar 15, 2016 2:15 am
Is there anywhere I can get spell components down here? I'm guessing not, except for getting them off dead casters?
Mar 15, 2016 2:24 am
If Naatkinson allows, I'll split my component pouch with you, which was given by Sarith after we escaped the drow enclave. As of now, Hunter only needs a copper wire and a piece of cured leather.
Mar 15, 2016 9:12 pm
Rat-Xeliss will be knocked off of the Kuo Toa for failing her roll, but she can still take an action for the round if you want to
Mar 15, 2016 9:16 pm
Naatkinson: could you comment to material components for spells?
Mar 15, 2016 9:18 pm
Keleth says:
I'm gonna let your first casting of the spell go. But I will allow you to split the pouch if you want to, but you would have to note which components are missing so you'd know which spells you could and could not cast.
Mar 15, 2016 10:16 pm
szemely says:
"IS THAT THE BEST YE GOT!!!" Elfog roars with laughter as the raging dwarf shrugs off a couple of attacks. "Me mother fights better than the lot of ya!"
OOC:
Same old - Reckless attack, raging, screaming, yelling. Barbarians are cool!

EDIT: Same target, K7. Also remember they get advantage to their attack rolls when attacking Elfog (Reckless) - although they both hit last time as it was.
I remember the advantage, it's currently cancelling out the disadvantage that they get from the light of Sinag :)
Mar 15, 2016 10:18 pm
See and here I thought you were just being nice to Elfog.... :-)
Mar 15, 2016 10:25 pm
szemely says:
See and here I thought you were just being nice to Elfog.... :-)
I'm never nice to dwarves lol
Mar 15, 2016 10:38 pm
Naatkinson says:
Keleth says:
I'm gonna let your first casting of the spell go. But I will allow you to split the pouch if you want to, but you would have to note which components are missing so you'd know which spells you could and could not cast.
Appreciate it. Should have searched the drow for spell components :p
Mar 16, 2016 7:36 pm
http://uploads.neatorama.com/images/posts/31/89/89031/1458059347-0.jpg

Might be a good look for Mai'ngor. What do you think? :-D
Mar 16, 2016 8:17 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
http://uploads.neatorama.com/images/posts/31/89/89031/1458059347-0.jpg

Might be a good look for Mai'ngor. What do you think? :-D
I like it, I'll be sure to include a suit shop in Sloobludop :)
Mar 18, 2016 1:55 pm
Just waiting on Soliin to act, then I'll progress the round
Mar 18, 2016 2:28 pm
Thought I acted. I'll post.
Mar 18, 2016 2:46 pm
Until I'm told otherwise, I will assume Mai'ngor's war dance resembles the can-can. But with more sharp objects.
Mar 18, 2016 3:09 pm
Moofsalot says:
Until I'm told otherwise, I will assume Mai'ngor's war dance resembles the can-can. But with more sharp objects.
Aaaand now I see a horseman in a frilly dress kicking people with knives strapped to his feet.
Mar 18, 2016 7:41 pm
Quote:
OOC:
Combat at this point began to feel like pointless bookkeeping since you were obviously going to win in a round or two. Hope no one minds that I just wrapped it up
Good call!!
Mar 18, 2016 8:01 pm
What's in my new components bag? Was this posted elsewhere? Also, in 5e, are components used each time? Or are they just held onto?
Mar 18, 2016 8:04 pm
In my experience, having a spell component pouch just means you have spell components available. It would be assumed that whatever spells you have, you also have the material components for. However, given our circumstances of being escaped prisoners, it's up to Naatkinson if he wants to be specific as far as whether or not certain components are missing.

And components generally are not consumed with each casting, unless the spell specifically says it is consumed. For example, Hunter's Message cantrip requires a copper wire, but the wire doesn't disappear and can be used for the next casting.
Mar 18, 2016 8:10 pm
Keleth says:
What's in my new components bag? Was this posted elsewhere? Also, in 5e, are components used each time? Or are they just held onto?
The component pouch is going to contain everything you need for any spell (so long as the component doesn't have a gold cost). The one you have is missing the copper wire and leather now though.
Mar 18, 2016 8:17 pm
Naatkinson says:
Keleth says:
The component pouch is going to contain everything you need for any spell (so long as the component doesn't have a gold cost). The one you have is missing the copper wire and leather now though.
Great! None of the spells need copper or leather. A few of them (Color Spray and Sleep) use colored dust; I assume as we can't really recollect dust, the quantities are sufficient for numerous casts?
Mar 18, 2016 8:19 pm
Keleth says:
Naatkinson says:
Keleth says:
Great! None of the spells need copper or leather. A few of them (Color Spray and Sleep) use colored dust; I assume as we can't really recollect dust, the quantities are sufficient for numerous casts?
Yeah, none of its used, so don't ever worry about it :)
Mar 18, 2016 8:19 pm
I looked up the spell; the components will not be consumed, so whatever amount you have of red, yellow, and blue powder will last for indefinite casting.
Mar 18, 2016 9:28 pm
Shall we take a rest and level on up?
Mar 19, 2016 12:01 am
Quick question, are you allowing spells from Elemental Evil?
Last edited March 19, 2016 12:01 am
Mar 19, 2016 12:03 am
CancerMan says:
Quick question, are you allowing spells from Elemental Evil?
Yep, sure will!
Mar 22, 2016 8:43 pm
Did I give up my component pouch? I can't remember.
Mar 22, 2016 8:48 pm
Moofsalot says:
Did I give up my component pouch? I can't remember.
I believe you still have the one you got from Y the Derro
Mar 22, 2016 11:40 pm
Well, you gave me a bag of stuff, keeping the copper wire and something else.
Mar 22, 2016 11:42 pm
Keleth says:
Well, you gave me a bag of stuff, keeping the copper wire and something else.
Hunter gave you that stuff, not Xeliss :)

And if she gets the focus she wants, I think you'll probably get that stuff back
Mar 23, 2016 12:11 am
DAMNIT! Sorry, got confused on who's asking what. Now I'm used to seeing characters by avatar instead of who they are! Maybe my whole "connect character avatar with player" scheme isn't working as well as I hoped...
Mar 23, 2016 12:13 am
For you, I'll post OOC as my character. :)
Mar 23, 2016 4:12 am
Wait a minute, did we level up to 4?
Mar 23, 2016 4:55 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Wait a minute, did we level up to 4?
You got enough Xp, so you should have. If not, go ahead and do so now :-)
Mar 23, 2016 11:24 am
We haven't had a long rest yet, did we?
Mar 23, 2016 11:49 am
The journey took a few tendays so I'd say the last long rest was right before the Kuo-Toa encounter.
Last edited March 23, 2016 12:10 pm
Mar 23, 2016 12:09 pm
Yah, but we leveled after we killed the Kuo-Toa.
Mar 23, 2016 12:10 pm
Good point. GM's call. :-) At the very least, do we get a short rest before moving forward?
Last edited March 23, 2016 12:10 pm
Mar 23, 2016 1:39 pm
I'll let you level now :)

We're not at the table, so it's not going to interrupt anything
Mar 23, 2016 3:24 pm
Oh man I can't decide what feat to take! Lots of tasty options that are consistent with Mai'ngor's concept & story arc.
Mar 23, 2016 4:03 pm
Oh yah, at level 4, we either pick to increase a stat by 1 or take a feat, right?
Mar 23, 2016 4:06 pm
Feat or increase s stat by 2! Yeah, it took me a while to get used to the 2pt increase. :-)
Mar 23, 2016 4:15 pm
Or you can increase two attributes by 1 point each.
Mar 23, 2016 4:27 pm
I guess I have to figure out what feat options exist.
Mar 23, 2016 4:47 pm
So looks like not many good feats for an Arcane Trickster. Maybe skilled? Or just increase my int for spell casting.
Mar 23, 2016 5:01 pm
If you like stealthing and possibly scouting, the Observant feat lets you increase INT or WIS by 1, lets you read lips, and grants +5 to passing perception and passive investigation.

There's also Alert for overall initiative and not being surprised.
Mar 23, 2016 5:09 pm
Keleth says:
So looks like not many good feats for an Arcane Trickster. Maybe skilled? Or just increase my int for spell casting.
War caster is good to help you maintain concentration spells. Skilled is always a solid choice. Lucky is a REALLY good one. Mobile is nice for moving around the battlefield.

That's just off the top of my head :)
Mar 23, 2016 5:17 pm
Damn too many options! I may not get to leveling til tomorrow or Fri.
Mar 23, 2016 5:17 pm
Soliin is already lucky!
Mar 23, 2016 5:38 pm
CancerMan says:
Soliin is already lucky!
That he is! :-)

So many fun options for feats! I'm limiting myself to those that aren't just fun but also fit Mai'ngor thematically. I've narrowed the list down to Athlete, Charger, Defensive Duelist, Dual Wielder, Inspiring Leader(!), Mobile, Sentinel.

Mechanically, the smartest choice would be just to boost Dex and Con 1 point each. :-P
Mar 23, 2016 5:42 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
CancerMan says:
Soliin is already lucky!
That he is! :-)

So many fun options for feats! I'm limiting myself to those that aren't just fun but also fit Mai'ngor thematically. I've narrowed the list down to Athlete, Charger, Defensive Duelist, Dual Wielder, Inspiring Leader(!), Mobile, Sentinel.

Mechanically, the smartest choice would be just to boost Dex and Con 1 point each. :-P
Why'd you remove Sentinel and Dual Wielder?
Mar 23, 2016 5:44 pm
For what it's worth, Hunter took the attribute increase.
Mar 23, 2016 6:02 pm
Quote:
Both great feats, but to me Sentinel is more of a tactician's feat. Mai'ngor is more of a by-feel fighter than a tactician (he has a level of barbarian to reflect this, and I took the Champion archetype rather than the Battle Master). Dual Wielder actually fits his style of fighting (TWF) but I've decided go for a little bit of variety. :-)

Inspiring Leader (remember, Mai'ngor is nobility) is interesting because it will really challenge my roleplaying. I'm reluctant to take it because it will really challenge my roleplaying haha!

Yeah, after all that I might end up just taking the stat boost like Hunter did.
Mar 23, 2016 6:12 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Quote:
Both great feats, but to me Sentinel is more of a tactician's feat. Mai'ngor is more of a by-feel fighter than a tactician (he has a level of barbarian to reflect this, and I took the Champion archetype rather than the Battle Master). Dual Wielder actually fits his style of fighting (TWF) but I've decided go for a little bit of variety. :-)

Inspiring Leader (remember, Mai'ngor is nobility) is interesting because it will really challenge my roleplaying. I'm reluctant to take it because it will really challenge my roleplaying haha!

Yeah, after all that I might end up just taking the stat boost like Hunter did.
I realized just now. Mai'ngor multiclassed. Feat/Ability Score Increase is based on CLASS level, not character level. So you'll have to hit level 4 in either fighter or barbarian to get that.
Mar 24, 2016 2:29 am
Quote:
I realized just now. Mai'ngor multiclassed. Feat/Ability Score Increase is based on CLASS level, not character level. So you'll have to hit level 4 in either fighter or barbarian to get that.
Oh. I thought only class features were dependent on class level. Well since that's not the case then I'm all set! :-)
Mar 24, 2016 2:39 am
Yeah, about the only thing that is cross-class in terms of level is your proficiency bonus (PHB pg 163).
Mar 28, 2016 2:40 pm
I just found out that critical hits with a sneak attack double SA dice as well. I am happy. Any feats help my critical hitting? :p
Mar 28, 2016 3:57 pm
I can't think of any feats specific to increasing your chances to hit. Increasing your attack attributes (DEX or STR) would.
Mar 28, 2016 3:59 pm
Keleth says:
I just found out that critical hits with a sneak attack double SA dice as well. I am happy. Any feats help my critical hitting? :p
There aren't any feats that increase crit chance. Except Lucky, which only does so because you can re-roll and doesn't increase the crit range. Fighter Archetype of Champion grants an increased critical strike range.
Mar 28, 2016 4:54 pm
Oh well, a guy can wish :p I'll decide on a feat today (I'm stupidly indecisive).
Mar 28, 2016 5:04 pm
I retract my previous statement about increasing attack attributes; that just increases your chance to hit. I think only re-rolls from Lucky or from something that grants Advantage would increase your odds of a critical hit.
Mar 28, 2016 5:04 pm
I'll level up this week. Did we rest yet?
Mar 28, 2016 5:07 pm
We didn't rest after the fight with the kuo-toa, but Naatkinson has graciously allowed us to level up.
Mar 28, 2016 5:09 pm
While you're waiting for the Kuo-Toa to return you will have time for a Short Rest
Mar 28, 2016 5:35 pm
Hunter is hoping the kuo-toa give her a long rest eventually, to recover spell slots. She still has sorcery points, though. :)
Mar 29, 2016 12:23 pm
Short rest: spending 1 Hit Die.

EDIT: Sheesh. Can I activate Second Wind before taking the short rest? :-D
Last edited March 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Rolls

1 Hit Die - (1d10+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Mar 29, 2016 12:41 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:

Yes you can :)
Mar 29, 2016 12:55 pm
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:

Yes you can :)
Thanks! :-)

EDIT: Hahaha!
Last edited March 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Rolls

Second Wind - (1d10+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Mar 30, 2016 3:57 pm
So I know I'm being finicky, but what do you think of me taking Magic Initiate with Warlock, taking Hex as my spell? An extra 1d6 damage is nice, but I'm not sure it's all that great. Some extra cantrips, specially damage ones, would be nice. I'm realizing crossbow expert would also let me take two attacks with a hand crossbow, assuming I have a free hand.
Mar 30, 2016 4:02 pm
Magic Initiate is a nice feat, even for dedicated spellcasters. The only caveat is that you'll be using the attribute for that class, so you'll want a nice Charisma score for Warlock to take advantage of the attack bonus with Eldritch Blast (assuming that's one of the cantrips you choose).

I know it's among the short list of feats I want for Hunter (take Warlock since she already has a decent CHA), but I want to get her attributes up first.
Last edited March 30, 2016 4:04 pm
Mar 30, 2016 4:48 pm
I have a +3 cha, which is nice enough for now. Given it's one level 1 spell, it should suffice. My worry is at later levels, it won't be useful... 1d6 is a lot right now (a 50% increase to my SA damage), but later on, it won't be anything.
Mar 30, 2016 4:59 pm
Yes, that is one of the drawbacks to that feat, as far as the 1st-level spell is concerned. You will only cast that 1st-level spell as a 1st-level spell and the damage will not scale with your own level.

My reading of the cantrips themselves should still allow their damage to scale with your level. At least, I don't see any indication in the description of Eldritch Blast that would say otherwise; Naatkinson has the final call, of course.
Mar 30, 2016 5:16 pm
Cantrips always scale with character level, so that's not an issue :)

As far as it being a first level spell, it is meh. But some spells are still very useful in this way, including Shield and Find Familiar. Also, if they are on your class spell list, you can actually use spell slots to cast them at a higher level, plus you get the free one as a first level spell.
Mar 30, 2016 5:17 pm
Crossbow master may be a better choice... if I get a nice hand crossbow or special bolts, two attacks in one round could be great. It'd allow me to double my chances of sneak attacking in a single round (I know only one of them would have the damage, but if the first doesn't hit, the second could).
Mar 30, 2016 5:20 pm
Crossbow master is pretty amazing. Two chances to sneak attack, plus you're a switch-hitter without having to switch weapons.
Mar 30, 2016 5:36 pm
What do you mean by switch-hit?
Mar 30, 2016 5:43 pm
Keleth says:
What do you mean by switch-hit?
Being good in both melee and ranged combat :)
Mar 30, 2016 5:51 pm
Ah, yah, I'd just need to get a good crossbow :p Anyway, decided, crossbow it is. As we level, maybe we can discuss something akin to one of those metamagic feats from old DnD that lets you center spells on ranged weapons :p
Mar 30, 2016 10:48 pm
Elfog's got his Axe back! Woot! I'll have a backstory of Tolvihar, The Slayer of Vorosakarny, later this evening.
Mar 30, 2016 10:48 pm
szemely says:
Elfog's got his Axe back! Woot! I'll have a backstory of Tolvihar, The Slayer of Vorosakarny, later this evening.
I thought this opportunity was too good to miss :)
Mar 30, 2016 10:51 pm
I didn't see that coming, nicely done! :-) Hopefully I can come up with something worthy of the opportunity...
Mar 30, 2016 10:52 pm
szemely says:
I didn't see that coming, nicely done! :-) Hopefully I can come up with something worthy of the opportunity...
I have the utmost faith in you
Mar 31, 2016 3:14 am
And why did the clan leader choose mighty Elfog to receive Tolvihar?
Mar 31, 2016 3:16 am
Increased my WIS and rolling for HP.

Rolls

HP - (1d8+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Mar 31, 2016 11:04 pm
Always one of the best hunters in the clan, Elfog had taken on the role of mentor to many a young dwarf, leading parties of the young ones into the wild to show them the ways of the hunt. Several years ago, while on an outing with a particularly green group, the party was ambushed by three orcs. Being dwarves, the young ones showed no fear, but Elfog knew it wouldn't end well for the inexperienced hunters and ordered them to flee. "I hold these pigs off ya, now RUN!!! he screamed and threw himself into battle.

Several hours later a search party arrived, tasked with retrieving the brave dwarf's corpse, whose actions saved the lives of his fellow clan members. What they found astounded them; Elfog's body, surrounded by four, no five brutally beaten orcs. Kneeling beside's Elfog, Yog the Cleric was preparing to say a prayer for the fallen hero when she thought she heard a weak whimper.

Sure enough, Elfog had somehow managed to survive his battle with the six orcs. With Yog's expert care and months of recuperation Elfog was able to make a full recovery and for the bravery shown on that day, and his willingness to sacrifice himself for other's in the clan, the leader of Clan Oakshoulder bestowed upon him Tolvihar, The Slayer of Vorosakarny and Feller of Orias!
Apr 1, 2016 2:43 pm
Can I do something to... prepare stealth? Like given we're in a dark area (I assume being the underdark, it's never really bright anywhere), would a dark cloak help me hide better?
Apr 1, 2016 3:10 pm
Keleth says:
Can I do something to... prepare stealth? Like given we're in a dark area (I assume being the underdark, it's never really bright anywhere), would a dark cloak help me hide better?
A dark cloak may help a bit, but the area is partially lit by glowing fungi and lichen, so it's not totally dark.
Apr 1, 2016 3:40 pm
Oh well, it was worth a shot :)
Apr 4, 2016 5:02 pm
I'll be sneaking. From what this sounds like, it's an open area, right? How many enemy fish-men are here? Basically, can I sneak into a position to run up and sneak attack? Ranged sneak attack (with my new crossbow feat)?
Apr 4, 2016 5:04 pm
You can attempt to sneak about, there are actually a lot of houses and buildings around. It would be pretty easy to find a good sniping position from a nearby roof. That is assuming that you succeed on your Stealth check, of course
Apr 4, 2016 5:16 pm
Soliin always succeeds at sneaking! Says Soliin through a megaphone.
Apr 4, 2016 7:32 pm
Geez, more and more this Leemooggoogoon is reminding me of Demogorgon. Two heads and tentacles? I'm scared!
Apr 4, 2016 7:52 pm
CancerMan says:
Geez, more and more this Leemooggoogoon is reminding me of Demogorgon. Two heads and tentacles? I'm scared!
I have no idea what you're talking about!
Apr 4, 2016 7:57 pm
Reminds me of spaghetti and meatballs. Totally safe and delicious.
Apr 4, 2016 8:03 pm
Naatkinson says:
Well good, that actually gives me hope.
Apr 4, 2016 8:04 pm
CancerMan says:
Naatkinson says:
Well good, that actually gives me hope.
*Thunder crashes in the background*

Mwahahaha! Your hope is mine!
Apr 5, 2016 3:55 pm
Ranged attacks do use your attribute modifier for both attack and damage rolls. Your proficiency bonus, however, is only applied to the attack roll.
Apr 5, 2016 4:34 pm
Ok, so a bit more damage to be added, +5.
Apr 6, 2016 5:05 pm
*looks around, a bit dazed*... What just happened? Did... did we just trounce the enemy? You know, this means something terrible will happen to one of us now :p

So we killed their leader... did the rest of the cult give up? I did not expect us to one shot that...
Apr 6, 2016 5:14 pm
We'll soon find out! I'm hoping if anyone else from the cult tries to attack us, it'll be somewhat easier than an archpriestess.
Apr 6, 2016 5:19 pm
Keleth says:
*looks around, a bit dazed*... What just happened? Did... did we just trounce the enemy? You know, this means something terrible will happen to one of us now :p

So we killed their leader... did the rest of the cult give up? I did not expect us to one shot that...
I didn't either... Two crits? Seriously?
Apr 6, 2016 5:58 pm
Of course, halflings get to reroll 1's on saves... I got a 3. I couldn't even fail properly!

Keleth sent a note to Naatkinson
Apr 6, 2016 6:02 pm
Halflings do have advantage on saving throws against being frightened. If that helps?
Apr 6, 2016 6:04 pm
CancerMan says:
Halflings do have advantage on saving throws against being frightened. If that helps?
Nope, not a fear effect! Mwahaha
Naatkinson sent a note to Keleth
Apr 6, 2016 6:05 pm
This is where it gets fun! You guys finally see what you're up against
Apr 6, 2016 6:10 pm
dang it
Apr 6, 2016 10:57 pm
I now have an image of Elfog in a fetal position holding on to Tolvihar like baby does a blanket. :-)
Apr 7, 2016 6:27 am
DEMOGORGON! HOLY SHIIIIIIIT!
Apr 7, 2016 6:58 am
DM over there, acting all coy, too.
Apr 7, 2016 7:44 am
My only other encounter with a demon lord was playing H4: Throne of Bloodstone with my high school buds back in the 80's. It wasn't easy, bur party of 16th level adventurers took Orcus down. It was epic!

Honestly, "Leemooggoogoon" didn't jump out at me until you called it, even though of course I'm aware that this campaign eventually leads to Demogorgon and who knows what else.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51LOlkLFtVL._SX381_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And yeah, that imagery on the altar! But heck, I didn't think the Prince of Demons would actually show up so soon! Holy crap! I would have Mai'ngor make a run for it, maybe dragging Jimjar along. But I assume he failed his CHA save so I don't know if he can move or not.
Apr 7, 2016 3:38 pm
Wait, that's the actual adventure book cover? I need to visit my game store more often.
Apr 7, 2016 3:40 pm
Yep, it's not a huge surprise that he shows up, but I was not expecting an appearance so soon in the game.
Apr 7, 2016 3:49 pm
What can I roll to see how to fight or defend against that thing?
Apr 7, 2016 3:54 pm
Moofsalot says:
What can I roll to see how to fight or defend against that thing?
Do you have points in "RUN AWAY NOW!!!"
Apr 7, 2016 3:56 pm
You pretty much know that this thing would crush you like a fly. You could exhaust all of your power and not even catch this thing's notice, you are so far beneath it in terms of power.
Apr 7, 2016 4:00 pm
So you're saying we should set it on fire?
Apr 7, 2016 4:05 pm
Sounds like a plan!
Apr 7, 2016 4:06 pm
Moofsalot says:
So you're saying we should set it on fire?
Please do. Take your torch and ask nicely, "Demogorgon, would you mind dying in a fire?" ;)
Apr 7, 2016 4:08 pm
"Let's roast some marshmallows and be friends!"
Apr 8, 2016 9:31 pm
So everyone's running like headless chickens. Where can we regroup? The archpriest's house, maybe?
Apr 8, 2016 10:06 pm
Elfog has been yelling out instructions the whole time. Hasn't anyone been paying attention? :-)
Apr 8, 2016 10:32 pm
Elfog's always yelling.
Apr 12, 2016 2:31 pm
Jimjar and Stool are still with us. What about Sarith and Shuushar?

Ok we've got ourselves Level 1 exhaustion. But was that an actual short or long rest? Recharge abilities? Heal hp?
Apr 12, 2016 2:41 pm
It will count as a long rest
Apr 12, 2016 2:55 pm
Sarith is there, Shuushar is not.
Apr 21, 2016 12:52 am
How does crossbow into melee work?
Apr 21, 2016 12:56 am
Keleth says:
How does crossbow into melee work?
The enemy may have cover, but it's nothing you need to worry about calculating. That's all done on my end
Apr 22, 2016 9:42 pm
I never realized how much fun a barbarian could be! :-)
Apr 27, 2016 1:34 pm
So I can be sure, did you give me the caltop throw this time or did you make a secret roll as to its success?
Apr 27, 2016 1:50 pm
Keleth says:
So I can be sure, did you give me the caltop throw this time or did you make a secret roll as to its success?
I actually rolled a d20 to determine where in the flight it would open up. Got an 11, so it opened up just a bit behind the gnoll melee fighters
Apr 27, 2016 4:04 pm
Quote:
Hunter recognizes Mai'ngor's plan to take out the gnoll leader.
Less a plan and more bravado. Mai'ngor is always going to go after the enemy's leader to try and prove himself. That's just his nature.
Apr 27, 2016 4:11 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Quote:
Hunter recognizes Mai'ngor's plan to take out the gnoll leader.
Less a plan and more bravado. Mai'ngor is always going to go after the enemy's leader to try and prove himself. That's just his nature.
Really glad you didn't try that with Demogorgon!
Apr 27, 2016 4:13 pm
LOL! He can be foolhardy, but he's not stupid! :-D
Apr 27, 2016 4:34 pm
As I've sorta lost track of positioning, we're still in a 2-wide area, right? I can shoot in, but I can't really move in to attack?
Apr 27, 2016 4:36 pm
Keleth says:
As I've sorta lost track of positioning, we're still in a 2-wide area, right? I can shoot in, but I can't really move in to attack?
Correct :)
May 5, 2016 4:38 pm
Ugh! Fail on the rolls, Mr. Super Dexterous Warrior
May 5, 2016 4:48 pm
Sheesh. I hope Stool can make it out, at least.
May 5, 2016 5:02 pm
There's nothing the rest of us can do to help?
May 5, 2016 5:06 pm
Keleth says:
There's nothing the rest of us can do to help?
It's all quite sudden and you're still recovering from the violent shaking. So unfortunately not. You can clean up the mess if you want to!
May 16, 2016 2:03 pm
I don't know if any of you are reading the Drizzt novels or not, so I don't know if I should avoid spoilers or not!
May 16, 2016 4:43 pm
Are there new ones? I know the ones from a decade+ ago.
May 16, 2016 4:47 pm
Keleth says:
Are there new ones? I know the ones from a decade+ ago.
Yeah, he's still making them. There are 29 of them now
May 16, 2016 9:48 pm
I've read the first 10-12 of them but wouldn't be crushed if the game reveals something I haven't come across yet.
May 17, 2016 2:01 am
szemely says:
I've read the first 10-12 of them but wouldn't be crushed if the game reveals something I haven't come across yet.
I think that encompasses my experience and my feelings as well.
May 17, 2016 1:45 pm
Yeah same here. My girlfriend is the bigger Drizzt fan. She got a big kick when I told her our party had just arrived in Blingdenstone. :-)
Last edited May 17, 2016 1:47 pm
May 17, 2016 3:43 pm
I've read the Icewind Dale trilogy, plus the 3 books surrounding Drizzt's backstory. I have to admit that after the sixth book I was sorta done, so it doesn't surprise me that more novels were churned out.
May 17, 2016 9:36 pm
The first three (Drizzt's backstory) were the best.
Jun 3, 2016 8:52 pm
Just wondering, are we getting a battle map for this encounter? I'm okay just doing it theater of the mind, it's just that we've used maps for all previous encounters, so am just wondering. :-)
Last edited June 3, 2016 8:52 pm
Jun 3, 2016 8:54 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Just wondering, are we getting a battle map for this encounter? I'm okay just doing it theater of the mind, it's just that we've used maps for all previous encounters, so am just wondering. :-)
I'm not doing a map for this one. Trying to get away with NOT using it whenever possible, because it's a pain in the ass to set them up lol

Especially since I do most of it at work :)
Jun 3, 2016 9:00 pm
It's cool. :-)

So is there room for Mai'ngor to maneuver around the spike growth and engage the cube (the one that's engulfed the guard)?
Last edited June 3, 2016 9:00 pm
Jun 3, 2016 9:01 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
It's cool. :-)

So is there room for Mai'ngor to maneuver around the spike growth and engage the cube (the one that's engulfed the guard)?
Unfortunately not, you'll either have to take damage (6d4) or use some sort of ranged attack. There are all sorts of things you could probably use as ranged attacks laying around if you'd like. Perhaps a crossbow or some such thing?
Jun 3, 2016 9:04 pm
Any torches he could throw? :-) or braziers he could upend?
Last edited June 3, 2016 9:04 pm
Jun 3, 2016 9:04 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Any torches he could throw? :-)
Oh yes, a couple that you could probably reach
Jun 3, 2016 9:08 pm
I actually didn't roll SA because I thought like in 3/3.5, can't sneak attack things without visible fail-points. As for the level 4 stuff, weird, I know I added Crossbow Mastery under Abilities, and now it's gone. I'll double check everything.
Jun 3, 2016 9:12 pm
Keleth says:
I actually didn't roll SA because I thought like in 3/3.5, can't sneak attack things without visible fail-points. As for the level 4 stuff, weird, I know I added Crossbow Mastery under Abilities, and now it's gone. I'll double check everything.
I don't think there is anything that CAN'T have a Sneak Attack performed on it in 5e :) Basically everything has some sort of weak spot.
Jun 8, 2016 7:48 pm
I'll give everyone a day to decide on purchases before moving on
Jun 15, 2016 10:44 pm
What's the D&D equivalent of nuking something from orbit? That's what Elfog wants to do to the oozes!
Jun 16, 2016 12:01 am
Um... firestorm? Or just wishing all spiders... I mean oozes were gone?
Jun 24, 2016 1:40 am
Is Hunter by herself with the rat-gnomes, or have the others followed as well?
Jun 24, 2016 2:30 am
All followed
Jun 28, 2016 3:04 pm
We have a couple options here:

1. We can RP the planning of what to do against the oozes, or
2. We can skim over it and I can give you the pertinent details

I'll leave the choice up to you guys (and girl)!
Jun 28, 2016 3:09 pm
Is there an inbetween? eg, leaders have discussion, and there are details, we interject with feedback? I think a long RP on this would work well on a table, but not as good in PbP, but at the same time, diving in never favors the party, heh.
Jun 28, 2016 3:45 pm
Perhaps we can plan things here in OOC with Nattkinson giving some of the details, and we'll post our reactions or suggestions. Then in the IC thread we'll post a summary of what was decided, with the option of including any notable outbursts taken by the players.
Jul 7, 2016 10:20 pm
Reading comprehension is hard, guys.
Jul 14, 2016 4:46 pm
Just realized... does the Arcane Trickster's Mage Hand ability have the dexterity to place a bag on a head? Did I just volunteer to walk up to a Medusa?
Jul 14, 2016 4:47 pm
Well, it can pick locks and disable traps, so I don't see why not :)
Jul 19, 2016 5:17 pm
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Anyone want anything else before you head out?
I'm good.
Jul 19, 2016 5:19 pm
Did we have time for a rest to recover any HD or spells/abilities?
Jul 19, 2016 5:20 pm
CancerMan says:
Did we have time for a rest to recover any HD or spells/abilities?
The meeting was the following morning, so you should already be fully rested.
Jul 19, 2016 5:23 pm
Ah, well Hunter has already demonstrated the ability to gloss over important details. Thanks!
Jul 28, 2016 5:53 pm
I am leaving for Cedar Point tomorrow morning (Friday, July 29th) and won't get back until late Sunday night (July 31st). I'll be recuperating on Monday, so my posting may be slow until Tuesday.
Aug 2, 2016 4:24 pm
Naatkinson says:
He can hear an odd hissing noise coming from the upward leading tunnel (Area 20).
Is that everyone, or just Soliin?
Aug 2, 2016 4:28 pm
Soliin specifically, though if you can make your perception check you can probably hear it too. DC 15
Aug 3, 2016 4:38 pm
I think Xeliss needs to work on her communication skills! ;)

If Xeliss would like, she can edit her post and give some indication as to what she was gonna do, and hand the gem over to someone else.
Aug 3, 2016 4:51 pm
I thought that was a brilliant and hilarious bit.
Aug 3, 2016 5:14 pm
Originally she was going to fly, until I remembered she doesn't have any flying forms yet.
Aug 8, 2016 3:36 pm
Wild Shape: Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but you retain your alignment, personality, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has the same proficiency as you and the bonus in its stat block is higher than yours, use the creature’s bonus instead of yours. If the creature has any legendary or lair actions, you can’t use them.
Aug 8, 2016 10:34 pm
If Xeliss doesn't make some form of "spidey sense tingling" joke during her time as a spider I'm dropping out of the game!!

:-)
Aug 14, 2016 9:21 pm
Did Soliin ever gain his level 4 stuff? He's listed as level 3 on his sheet

Edit: I forgot, he did. He took Crossbow Mastery, just isn't listed on the sheet!
Aug 15, 2016 1:33 am
Come on guys! You can do better than that!
Aug 15, 2016 1:35 am
*hangs head in shame*
Aug 15, 2016 2:43 am
That's how it is done, people! *mic drop*
Last edited August 15, 2016 2:43 am
Aug 17, 2016 11:54 pm
I actually don't know the rules for two weapon fighting; no longer a -4 to each attack?
Aug 17, 2016 11:56 pm
Nope! If you have a light melee weapon in both hands and you take the attack action to attack with your main hand weapon, you may use your bonus action to attack with the off hand weapon (though the off hand doesn't get dex or strength mod to damage)
Aug 18, 2016 5:31 pm
Quote:
OOC:
Not a crit, it was a natural 12 :)
Oh, that's right! Duh! *facepalm*
Aug 23, 2016 10:58 pm
Naatkinson says:
That's gonna be 2,000 xp for all of you, which should take you to level 5
Woohoo! Mai’ngor finally gets his feat! :-D
Aug 23, 2016 10:59 pm
Never mind, I'm a dumb ass! (And Jabes' tracking thread is awesome!)

What's our total then? I have us at 6465, 35 short of what we need for level 5.

(What's missing from here?)

20151125: 25XP (25)
20151130: 250XP(275)
20151201: 115XP(390)
20160105: 75XP(465)
20160130: 150XP(615)
20160209: 400XP(1015)
20160307: 1550XP(2565)
20160318: 250XP(2815)
20160406: 500XP(3315)
20160428: 250XP(3565)
20160517: 500XP(4065)
20160628: 400XP(4465)
20160823: 2000XP(6465)
Last edited August 23, 2016 11:13 pm
Aug 23, 2016 11:33 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
That's gonna be 2,000 xp for all of you, which should take you to level 5
Woohoo! Mai’ngor finally gets his feat! :-D
But not extra attack :(
Aug 24, 2016 1:06 am
szemely says:
Jabes' tracking thread is awesome!)
Except that's all Naatkinson now. Thank him, not me. :-)
Aug 24, 2016 1:07 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
szemely says:
Jabes' tracking thread is awesome!)
Except that's all Naatkinson now. Thank him, not me. :-)
Thanks, Naat!!! :-)
Aug 24, 2016 1:09 am
You're very welcome :-)

You can all basically stop tracking xp of you want to, I got this ;-)
Aug 24, 2016 1:11 am
Just leveled Elfog. Extra Attack, Baby!!!

Rolls

HP Increase - (1d12+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Aug 24, 2016 2:04 am
I donno if I deserve 2k experience, given I barely made one of my own actions, heh.
Aug 24, 2016 2:05 am
Keleth says:
I donno if I deserve 2k experience, given I barely made one of my own actions, heh.
You deserve all of the XP for making and running the site!
Aug 24, 2016 4:12 pm
Mai'ngor is now Barbarian-1, Fighter-4. Raised Dex and Con 1 point each.
Aug 25, 2016 4:24 pm
Did everyone complete their levels?
Aug 25, 2016 4:28 pm
Elfog is good to go.
Aug 25, 2016 4:33 pm
Hunter is ready.
Aug 25, 2016 4:57 pm
Yup, all set.
Aug 25, 2016 5:13 pm
Yup. Er, except maybe hp. I can't recall...
Aug 25, 2016 5:28 pm
I'll do it during my lunch break.
Sep 2, 2016 6:52 pm
Just waiting patiently for a consensus :)
Sep 6, 2016 11:40 pm
Damned 'dusa's got some good ears on her! :-)
Sep 6, 2016 11:41 pm
szemely says:
Damned 'dusa's got some good ears on her! :-)
She does! Gotta remember them elf ears hear really good!
Sep 6, 2016 11:53 pm
I was just waiting for someone else to throw in a post before he skipped "two" and went directly to charging in anyhow. :-)
Sep 7, 2016 5:50 am
szemely says:
I was just waiting for someone else to throw in a post before he skipped "two" and went directly to charging in anyhow. :-)
*Shakes fist at timezone difference.*
Sep 7, 2016 12:08 pm
Jabes, you didn't increase your proficiency bonus to 3 at level five, so that roll should have been at a +6, just saving you from instant petrification.
Sep 7, 2016 2:32 pm
Ha! So you mean I can attack?
Sep 7, 2016 2:33 pm
Naatkinson says:
Jabes, you didn't increase your proficiency bonus to 3 at level five, so that roll should have been at a +6, just saving you from instant petrification.
Ha! So you mean I can attack?
Sep 7, 2016 3:40 pm
Are we making a second CON save because it's a new round of actions?
Sep 7, 2016 3:44 pm
CancerMan says:
Are we making a second CON save because it's a new round of actions?
Yep, it's an every single round thing! If you want to look through the crystal, you can make the save at advantage, but all attacks will have disadvantage for the turn and you'll only have one arm to use.
Sep 7, 2016 3:50 pm
One of the racial features we agreed on for this homebrew race that hasn't come into play yet:
Quote:
Tikbalang Magic
You know the minor illusion cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the longstrider spell once per day. When you reach 5th level, you can also cast the misty step spell once per day. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
So how do you calculate level for this purpose? Mai'ngor is Barbaruan-1, Fighter-4. Is he able to cast. Misty Step? I'm thinking Misty Step to threaten the medusa then Action Surge to slash it.

In any case, would this (the spellor tthrowing something) have been possible in the first round?
Last edited September 7, 2016 3:52 pm
Sep 7, 2016 3:51 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
One of the racial features we agreed on for this homebrew race that hasn't come into play yet:
Quote:
Tikbalang Magic
You know the minor illusion cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the longstrider spell once per day. When you reach 5th level, you can also cast the misty step spell once per day. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
So how do you calculate level for this purpose? Mai'ngor is Barbaruan-1, Fighter-4. Is he able to cast. Misty Step? I'm thinking Misty Step to threaten the edusa then Action Surge to slash it.
Any racial traits (and cantrips) count character level, not class level. You are definitely able to do it :)
Sep 7, 2016 5:48 pm
I wanna use Mage Hand to slip the bag over her head and close the drawstring. What roll do I have to make?
Sep 7, 2016 6:19 pm
Go ahead and take the action, I'll resolve it with a saving throw on her part :)
Sep 7, 2016 6:33 pm
No bonuses or something I can add? :p
Sep 7, 2016 6:41 pm
Keleth says:
No bonuses or something I can add? :p
Don't worry, the save DC is going to be 16 AND she's gonna have disadvantage, so you have a pretty good shot!
Sep 8, 2016 5:25 pm
Quote:
Misty Step is a Bonus Action, so you actually have another action to take!
Ooh goody! Added another set of rolls to my post. :-)
Sep 8, 2016 10:24 pm
From where we are, do I know how long it'll take to get back to the town? Specifically, the chief?
Sep 9, 2016 1:07 am
Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Naatkinson
Last edited September 9, 2016 1:07 am
Sep 9, 2016 1:45 am
Naatkinson sent a note to Jabes.plays.rpg
Sep 9, 2016 1:45 am
Keleth says:
From where we are, do I know how long it'll take to get back to the town? Specifically, the chief?
Probably about 30 minutes if you take time and be careful, 20 if you hurry
Sep 14, 2016 12:26 am
Work will have me tied up from now until the 24th. Posts from me will be a bit rare. Please feel free to move my characters along if necessary.
Last edited September 14, 2016 12:45 am
Sep 30, 2016 6:44 pm
Wanted to hang out with Gurnik a little and ask about the Speaking Stones (what is it? A temple of some sort?) But I've been slow to post. If we're on to the next day then it's cool. :-)
Sep 30, 2016 7:20 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Wanted to hang out with Gurnik a little and ask about the Speaking Stones (what is it? A temple of some sort?) But I've been slow to post. If we're on to the next day then it's cool. :-)
If you had more, then please do! It is basically a temple, yes, containing an ancient circle of stone Menhirs.
Oct 3, 2016 6:16 pm
Going to have to actually read the rest of the adventure. Up to this point I've been reading it as needed, but I figure I should know the general events that are coming up lol
Oct 3, 2016 6:30 pm
You mean we don't settle here and live out our days in relative peace and quiet?
Oct 3, 2016 6:55 pm
Moofsalot says:
You mean we don't settle here and live out our days in relative peace and quiet?
HA!
Oct 3, 2016 9:56 pm
Elfog was just about to close on his new house!
Oct 10, 2016 3:05 am
Can I switch out some of my spells from the last rest?
Oct 10, 2016 1:03 pm
Moofsalot says:
Can I switch out some of my spells from the last rest?
Feel free :)
Oct 10, 2016 7:07 pm
I'm confused... did they provide us with oiled weapons? Were we supposed to request them? Because I'd probably have requested a dagger and bolts too, heh.
Oct 10, 2016 7:09 pm
Keleth says:
I'm confused... did they provide us with oiled weapons? Were we supposed to request them? Because I'd probably have requested a dagger and bolts too, heh.
If you wanted some of those oiled crossbow bolts, you could have ten of them for fire purposes. You can get an oiled dagger that's resistant to the slim's corruption as well, but your magical blade should also be able to stand up to it without issue as well.
Oct 10, 2016 8:26 pm
Ah, ok, I wasn't sure... I'll grab some bolts then. I was worried even the magical weapon would melt.
Oct 17, 2016 7:14 pm
I will be extremely busy the next three days. I may be able to make short posts now and then, but can't promise anything. Go ahead and move my characters along and roll for me if necessary. Thanks!
Oct 21, 2016 3:09 am
Do oozes take sneak attack? I feel like I asked this before... does anything not take sneak attack anymore?
Oct 21, 2016 3:12 am
Everything takes sneak attack :-)
Oct 21, 2016 12:31 pm
Ok, then I'll attack the ooze in it's... gut? Or is that it's eye? It's leg?
Oct 21, 2016 3:24 pm
Keleth says:
Ok, then I'll attack the ooze in it's... gut? Or is that it's eye? It's leg?
We'll say you can attack it in the lumpiest, ooziest part lol
Oct 21, 2016 3:27 pm
Go straight for the spleen!
Oct 21, 2016 6:15 pm
The nuts! Always go for the nuts!

P.S. I'm back, and have aTON of catching up to do! (This game & others)
Oct 22, 2016 5:13 pm
So is it back to the hero turn now? :-)
Oct 22, 2016 5:40 pm
Yes sir
Oct 22, 2016 5:48 pm
Our elemental friend still needs to do something. Maybe it knows Spare the Dying?
Oct 22, 2016 5:59 pm
CancerMan says:
Our elemental friend still needs to do something. Maybe it knows Spare the Dying?
CancerMan, I'll let you run the elemental for this battle. Standard Earth Elemental from the monster manual
Oct 22, 2016 6:02 pm
Take his last turn and this new one
Oct 22, 2016 6:19 pm
Hunter is a terrible shot.
Oct 24, 2016 5:46 pm
Healing word wakes me up? So I can go screaming out of the chamber? (also, maybe these guys will give me new armor when we're done, or I stop crying, whichever comes first)
Oct 24, 2016 5:50 pm
Yeah, when you regain hit points, you wake up.
Oct 24, 2016 6:09 pm
So... hang around with 2 HP, or go running...
Oct 24, 2016 6:10 pm
Keleth says:
Well, you can't be reduced below 0, and Xeliss healed you for 7, so you should be at 7. Have any potions?
Oct 24, 2016 6:20 pm
Naatkinson says:
Keleth says:
Well, you can't be reduced below 0, and Xeliss healed you for 7, so you should be at 7. Have any potions?
Oh, misread that, thought I gained 2 HP. So 7... and what is a potion? (yes, sarcasm)

I could try to stick back and make what use I can from my 20 bolts.
Nov 9, 2016 7:53 pm
Wait... am I not understanding how Color Spray works, or does he have that little HP?
Nov 9, 2016 7:54 pm
Keleth says:
Wait... am I not understanding how Color Spray works, or does he have that little HP?
He's more of a wizard type than a fighter. So yeah, his HP kinda sucks lol. You would have failed had Hunter not hit him previously.
Nov 9, 2016 7:55 pm
Ah... timing. From now on, I cast spells last in combat order :p
Nov 9, 2016 8:07 pm
But you casting before I hit gave me advantage! That was awesome! :-)
Nov 10, 2016 5:25 am
Are we running or fighting? Is Earthy still with us?
Nov 10, 2016 7:12 am
Earthy is still with us. Hunter is torn between standing with Elfog and Xeliss and getting the hell out of Dodge.
Nov 10, 2016 8:12 am
Mai'ngor wouldn't hesitate but I'm hesitating as a player LOL!
Nov 10, 2016 2:46 pm
Maybe it's something totally harmless!
Nov 10, 2016 3:20 pm
Elfog fears nothing!!!

(I'm going to miss him:-))
Nov 10, 2016 4:24 pm
Damnit you guys! Soliin would gladly run away, but not if you guys try to stick it out...
Nov 10, 2016 4:25 pm
Don't worry, Hunter feels the same as Soliin.
Nov 14, 2016 6:43 pm
Man, the choices you guys made ended up with you skipping so much stuff. They advise that you should be level 8 by the time you leave the underdark, and you're only 5 (even with all of the bonus exp I gave).
Nov 14, 2016 7:07 pm
We... broke the game? We broke the game. Time for side quests?
Nov 14, 2016 7:10 pm
Keleth says:
We... broke the game? We broke the game. Time for side quests?
The only side quest that could really work (from my view) from an RP standpoint would be if you escorted Stool back to Neverlight Grove. Either that or we can skip the XP and have a level jump.

The more I play, the less I enjoy XP-based games.
Nov 14, 2016 7:24 pm
I don't mind XP based systems, but it's mostly why I don't like premades. I'm very XP loose... I level people up by milestones rather than by specific actions. If you kill 3 kobolds but complete a thing, LEVEL! If you kill 40 orcs and complete the same thing, LEVEL! And loot. Orcs have better loot. Let's kill the orcs.

You could force level us, or scale future things?
Nov 14, 2016 7:25 pm
I could just force the levels on you, I'd rather not have to scale down the rest of the adventure.

That's true of pre-mades, though. I've never had issues in a homebrew game before with XP (though it still isn't ideal in my opinion)
Nov 14, 2016 11:14 pm
Forcing levels would seem to be a much easier option than having to scale everything back. I'm not a big fan of XP myself as every time I've dealt with it, it has led to situations just like this.
Nov 14, 2016 11:15 pm
Would anyone be opposed to switching to Milestone advancement?
Nov 14, 2016 11:21 pm
Not at all!
Nov 14, 2016 11:26 pm
I don't mind, either way.
Nov 15, 2016 12:44 am
Fine by me. :-)
Nov 15, 2016 1:10 am
NOOOOOOOOOO wait what are we talking about? Oh, that's fine.
Nov 16, 2016 2:24 am
Elfog's HP roll for level 6...
OOC:
BOOSH!!!
Last edited November 16, 2016 2:24 am

Rolls

Hit Points - (1d12+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Nov 16, 2016 2:48 am
I'm gonna regret this, but at least I have my animal forms to fall back on...
OOC:
Yup, as expected!
Last edited November 16, 2016 2:48 am

Rolls

HP - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Nov 16, 2016 2:52 am
P.S. What kind of beasts have a challenge rating of 2??
Nov 16, 2016 2:52 am
Ouch!
Nov 16, 2016 2:57 am
Giant Boar, Giant Constrictor Snake, Giant Elk, Hunter Shark, Polar Bear, Rhinoceros, and Sabretooth Tiger.
Nov 16, 2016 6:49 am
Took the average HP increase. The dice have never been kind to me when it comes to that. Got my spells sorted and ready to go!
Nov 16, 2016 8:59 am
Mai'ngor has been taking the average HP increase since the beginning. I'm all set. Extra Attack! Woot!
Nov 18, 2016 1:24 pm
All I get this level is health? Health it is!

Rolls

HP - (1d8+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Nov 18, 2016 1:53 pm
You should also get two more skills to put expertise in
Nov 18, 2016 2:20 pm
Naatkinson says:
You should also get two more skills to put expertise in
Oh, that comes from me misreading expertise. I'll pick two!
Nov 19, 2016 9:01 pm
Gentle reminder to get this stuff identified. :-)
Naatkinson says:
Among the ruins of the throne, Soliin is able to find:

Two spellbooks: Underland Magick and Magick from Beyond the Mirror
55 gp, 30 ep
A potion
Two scrolls: Conjure Minor Elementals and Speak with plants
a large, varnished eyeball
Nov 23, 2016 6:30 pm
I'm actually a bit torn, as I'd end up metagaming, but it'd probably be a good idea for Soliin to, at least in character, talk to some mages to understand his new powers, but specially since these guys are decent at illusion spells, even more so.
Dec 14, 2016 11:06 pm
I took the average hit point increase for level 7, and picked a spell I think will eventually be needed, Banishment!
Dec 14, 2016 11:45 pm
Raised my Fighter level to 6, took the average hp increase, and raised my Dex to 20.
Dec 15, 2016 12:37 am
Hit Points for Elfog

Rolls

HP - (1d12+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Dec 24, 2016 5:51 pm
Happy Holidays!
Dec 24, 2016 6:38 pm
Happy holidays!
Jan 20, 2017 7:07 am
Hi, all! I've fallen ill and my doctor says I should take the weekend off from work but that sure as heck isn't happening as I have two wedding cakes to finish! So I can't guarantee any posts. If I survive the weekend I'll get back to posting Sunday evening (that's Sunday morning for most of you). Nate, please feel free to move my characters forward in the meantime. Thanks!
Feb 14, 2017 5:38 pm
What does one do with 10 whetstones?
Feb 14, 2017 5:43 pm
Stay sharp!

Actually, Hunter just likes having a reserve pile of projectiles for her Catapult spell.
Feb 14, 2017 5:58 pm
Huh. That's really creative! :-)
Feb 14, 2017 6:01 pm
Juggle.
Feb 24, 2017 4:45 pm
Naatkinson says:
And here you wait. And wait. And wait.
I was rewatching Casablanca this weekend, and could not help but hear Naatkinson's voice as the opening narrator.
Feb 24, 2017 4:59 pm
CancerMan says:
Naatkinson says:
And here you wait. And wait. And wait.
I was rewatching Casablanca this weekend, and could not help but hear Naatkinson's voice as the opening narrator.
But... you don't know what my voice really sounds like... When you imagined it, what did it sound like? You have me curious
Feb 24, 2017 5:09 pm
Honestly, I never thought about your voice until you typed "And wait." But since you did, I'm just imagining it sounds like this (listen to about 2:13).
Feb 24, 2017 5:42 pm
CancerMan says:
Honestly, I never thought about your voice until you typed "And wait." But since you did, I'm just imagining it sounds like this (listen to about 2:13).
I've never seen the movie before, but I can promise you that I don't sound like that!
Feb 24, 2017 5:44 pm
That may be the case, but that's what I'm going to hear for the next few posts, at least. :)
Mar 8, 2017 6:53 pm
Just so you're aware, this whole Silverymoon expedition is all me, it's not mentioned in the book at all. I'm having fun with it though :)
Mar 8, 2017 10:12 pm
How am I supposed to cheat and read ahead when you're just making stuff up!?!?! :-)
Mar 15, 2017 2:12 pm
Another hectic weekend at work + I'm coming down with something. Probably won't be hearing from me til Sunday.
Mar 16, 2017 2:53 am
Wait, what level are we at? Did I miss something?
Mar 16, 2017 2:59 am
Oh crap I've gone 3 months without leveling up to 7. Whoops...
Mar 16, 2017 3:03 am
Time flies when you're having fun!
Mar 16, 2017 6:02 pm
Funny, I always forget about Sarith when I set up combat...
Mar 17, 2017 2:29 am
Wondering if/when Soliin is gonna come back? This might be an opportune time!
Mar 18, 2017 10:48 am
Hi guys! I'm back. So if I understand correctly Mai'ngor has taken 46 damage so far.

18+8+11=37
18 minus DR = 9

Mai'ngor has only 1 level of barbarian. He doesn't have Reckless Attack. :-)
Last edited March 18, 2017 11:20 am
Mar 18, 2017 12:47 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Hi guys! I'm back. So if I understand correctly Mai'ngor has taken 46 damage so far.

18+8+11=37
18 minus DR = 9

Mai'ngor has only 1 level of barbarian. He doesn't have Reckless Attack. :-)
Oops!
Mar 20, 2017 2:01 am
Reuesting clarification because I might be misunderstanding PHB page 195:
Quote:
Escaping a Grapple. A grappled creature can use its action to escape. To do so, it must succeed on a Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check contested by your Strength (Athletics) check.
If I attempt to escape (succeed or fail) that is mu action for the round - I can't attack. This is why I didn't attempt it last round and chose to attack instead. Actually I thought about using my once-a-day Misty Step (a bonus action) but decided I needed the Second Wind more at that moment.

Let me know if I've got it wrong and I CAN attack in the same round I attempt an escape.
Last edited March 20, 2017 2:02 am
Mar 20, 2017 2:52 am
In the interest of honesty, I think Hunter just lost concentration on Banishment. Didn't take damage, but she was incapacitated from the Power Word Stun.
Mar 20, 2017 2:53 am
You're right, it takes your action on your round to attempt to escape. Misty Step will get you out, though
Mar 20, 2017 2:54 am
CancerMan says:
In the interest of honesty, I think Hunter just lost concentration on Banishment. Didn't take damage, but she was incapacitated from the Power Word Stun.
I double checked when I cast it on her. Incapacitated only means you can't take actions or reactions, doesn't do anything to concentration
Mar 20, 2017 3:35 am
But you lose concentration if you are incapacitated. I'm looking at the Spellcasting section for Concentration (pg 203 of the PHB).
Last edited March 20, 2017 3:51 am
Mar 20, 2017 5:16 am
CancerMan says:
But you lose concentration if you are incapacitated. I'm looking at the Spellcasting section for Concentration (pg 203 of the PHB).
You're right! I'll take care of it next round :-)
Mar 20, 2017 5:19 am
Posted an action but it looks like I might have to edit as Mai'ngor failed his WIS save.
Mar 20, 2017 5:23 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Posted an action but it looks like I might have to edit as Mai'ngor failed his WIS save.
Nope, Hunter counterspelled it
Mar 20, 2017 5:57 am
Ah. I thought that might be in question as per the discussion above. Good to know then! :-)
Mar 20, 2017 4:25 pm
Yeah, I only thought about the Incapacitation after I cast Counterspell. Thought, "Seems odd that I can maintain concentration after being stunned."

And now that I look back, I put myself right in position to be the closest thing the barlgura sees. Wonderful.
Mar 21, 2017 1:07 pm
I gotta say, I enjoyed twisting the knife in Hunter and Mai'ngor *evil chuckle*
Mar 21, 2017 1:17 pm
Yeah, damn you, I actually felt that!
Apr 2, 2017 5:10 pm
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
If you want to purchase anything, do so now. I'll advance the game tomorrow
I'm good. Thanks.
Apr 7, 2017 7:11 pm
Sorry for the long list. In hindsight, I should have enclosed the wish-list in a Spoiler box and rolled a d20 on a single line on a 1-to-1 basis.
Apr 7, 2017 7:22 pm
CancerMan says:
Sorry for the long list. In hindsight, I should have enclosed the wish-list in a Spoiler box and rolled a d20 on a single line on a 1-to-1 basis.
No big deal. I can scroll through it just fine :)
Apr 11, 2017 5:10 pm
I am going to apologize in advance, because I was a total idiot when I started this game. I never tracked much of anything for events, and we're so far in that I don't want to go back and read through to provide a timeline of events as I have done with some other games. From here on out, I will provide a timeline of events for you to make following the story easier!
Apr 11, 2017 8:01 pm
Quote:
Miraculously, Mai'ngor is able to find a magical kris (+1)
This equipment is for sale, right? Do we have group funds for these purchases?
Last edited April 11, 2017 8:03 pm
Apr 11, 2017 8:12 pm
Hunter is flashing the Magister's letter.
Apr 12, 2017 4:35 pm
I know very little of magical items, so I'm not sure what would be cool to have...
Apr 13, 2017 1:59 pm
Last edited April 13, 2017 2:02 pm
Apr 13, 2017 2:03 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Apr 13, 2017 2:07 pm
Apr 14, 2017 8:24 pm
Elfog HP increase....

EDIT: He's now at 91HP.
Last edited April 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Rolls

HP - (1d12+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Apr 15, 2017 1:31 am
HP...

Rolls

HP - (1d8+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Apr 20, 2017 11:22 pm
So I'm super curious to find out what the hell is going on with Hunter. (Well played, CM. Well played!)
Apr 21, 2017 2:07 am
I'm particularly excited about what's going on with Hunter :)

Going to be out of town starting tomorrow until late Sunday. Chances are that regular posting will not resume until Monday.
Apr 21, 2017 6:40 am
As posted in the Absences thread:
Quote:
Just an early heads up: Gonna be mostly off-grid from Sunday to Wednesday. Please note that I am in the GMT+8 timezone. GM's feel free to move my characters along then. Cheers!
Last edited April 21, 2017 7:12 am
Apr 28, 2017 7:51 am
Hi everyone! Sorry for the extended absence. That was my first vacation in years! I'm back now, and looking forward to getting caught up with all my games. Cheers!
May 11, 2017 5:06 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I'm already chest-deep in preps for Mother's Day weekend, which is traditionally an extremely busy time at the cake shop. I'll still pop up here and there but will be unreliable at best. So if I start holding things up please go ahead and move my PC's along. Thanks!
Jun 5, 2017 5:31 pm
I'm trying to figure out a readable way to distinguish whenever Hunter interjects another language into Common. Does it work better if it's italicized or colored differently?

I did try doing the old comic book method of using angled brackets, but the forum tries to interpret them as markup tags. Anyone have other suggestions?
Jun 5, 2017 5:34 pm
CancerMan says:
I'm trying to figure out a readable way to distinguish whenever Hunter interjects another language into Common. Does it work better if it's italicized or colored differently?

I did try doing the old comic book method of using angled brackets, but the forum tries to interpret them as markup tags. Anyone have other suggestions?
Italics work fine for me, but if you want to make it very noticeable, another color would be better.
Jul 12, 2017 1:03 pm
Moofs, Jabes, you still there? You've both been rather quiet lately
Jul 12, 2017 5:58 pm
Yeah sorry, been reading along but Mai'ngor has been kind of in a funk lately.
Jul 13, 2017 1:53 am
Still here! Trying to figure out how to jump back in...
Jul 27, 2017 11:41 pm
I'm going to give a day or two before we move on. This is a perfect time to incorporate a new player, so we'll find someone and then move on from here
Jul 31, 2017 12:46 am
I approved Marithyme's character, so that should be good to go, but it looks like we might have one more person joining up :)

Should revitalize the game a bit, I think.
Aug 8, 2017 12:45 am
Question- am I able to store a spell in the Shield Guardian?
Aug 8, 2017 12:51 am
Moofsalot says:
Question- am I able to store a spell in the Shield Guardian?
You will have all of the benefits of the shield guardian while you have it!
Aug 17, 2017 7:26 pm
I just got a promotion, which officially starts on 8/22, but I have been swamped with preparatory stuff. I am trying to keep up with all of my games, but I ask that you be patient with me during the transition.
Aug 17, 2017 8:23 pm
Of course! Congratulations!
Aug 18, 2017 9:23 am
Congrats, Nate! Are we in only 11 games together? That can't be right? LOL! :-D
Aug 28, 2017 3:20 am
Oooh you're right, I had my AC marked down wrong all this time! Fixed now.

War picks:
17 vs AC. Miss
18 vs AC. Damage 6 (3)

Javelins:
Crit vs AC. Damage 21 (10)
23 vs AC. Damage: 9 (4)
17 vs AC. Miss

All duergar within 60ft attacked with disadvantage from sunlight sensitivity, right?
Total damage taken: 17.
Aug 28, 2017 4:04 am
Yep, with disadvantage, except for those who were invisible, which canceled out the disadvantage
Aug 28, 2017 5:02 am
Curse those tricksy druergars, Precious!

Did I burn my daily Misty Step here or not? Thanks! :-)
Last edited August 28, 2017 5:09 am
Aug 29, 2017 2:14 pm
Quote:
Next 4 days will be hectic at the cake shop. My posting ability may suffer.
Aug 29, 2017 2:15 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Curse those tricksy druergars, Precious!

Did I burn my daily Misty Step here or not? Thanks! :-)
Yes, you sure did
Aug 29, 2017 3:16 pm
I'd say we're more than halfway through the module and we started the game on November 2, 2015. Almost two years ago! Thank you to all those that have been here from the start :) And I'm also very appreciative of the new blood that we've brought in
Aug 29, 2017 10:53 pm
Wow. Hadn't realized we've been at it for so long. It's been a great game, Naat, have really been enjoying it!
Sep 1, 2017 4:55 pm
Two years! Damn.
Sep 17, 2017 12:59 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Will be working virtually nonstop over the next 48hrs. Will not be logging into GP at all for the duration.
Whew that was rough! But I'm back and eager to get caught up! :-)
Oct 17, 2017 3:55 pm
Does the shield guardian need to be near me or can I have it assist/protect Hunter?
Oct 17, 2017 4:17 pm
Moofsalot says:
Does the shield guardian need to be near me or can I have it assist/protect Hunter?
You control it completely and it can be anywhere you want it to be
Oct 18, 2017 7:57 pm
Naatkinson says:
Xeliss, in bird format, manages to get hold of the drow and hold her in place.
I think you mean the gargoyle, not the drow. :-)
Oct 19, 2017 11:41 am
I was considering using Action Surge to cast Cure Wounds on Ghazrim, until I realized I was out of spell slots. Now I feel a bit silly, having just realized I could've taken the potion from Hunter's hands.

Sorry, Ghazrim :(
Oct 19, 2017 10:00 pm
I have FINALLY started doing the job that I got promoted to before. Previous to this, it's all been slow-paced training and being a mentor to new people. I am FAR busier now than before, so my posting will decrease a massive amount :(

I will do my best to keep up with the games that I am in, but please be understanding if I am a bit slow!
Oct 19, 2017 10:01 pm
No worries about Ghazrim, I was almost expecting him to die
Oct 20, 2017 2:31 am
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Seems odd to think about, but being at level 8 you guys are probably in the top 10% of adventurers in the Realms...
Does that mean adventurers higher than that are either retired or dead?
Oct 20, 2017 2:36 am
I don't think most adventurers get that high in the first place
Oct 20, 2017 9:14 pm
Hey everyone, I need to do some traveling cross country. There's a chance that there isn't any disruption in being able to post at least once a day, but I don't know for sure. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case I miss a day or two over the weekend.
Nov 6, 2017 6:54 pm
CancerMan says:
OOC:
I figured since you went after the gem, you sorta released your hold on the drow.
Nah, I sheathed Sinag to free up a hand without releasing her. But no harm done unless you regret burning that spell slot. Cool spell! :-)
Nov 6, 2017 7:02 pm
No regrets! Probably going to Charmin this drow unless someone stops me. :)
Nov 6, 2017 7:03 pm
Hunter seems to be developing a dark streak!
Nov 6, 2017 7:05 pm
Nah, she's just mad and looking to take it out on a someone with a convenient excuse.

Which I guess is pretty dark. Okay!
Last edited November 6, 2017 7:05 pm
Nov 6, 2017 7:23 pm
Oh, don't forget that you can force me to roll on the Wild Magic table anytime after I use Tides of Chaos, when I cast a spell of 1st-level or higher. It normally resets after a long rest, but the DM can reset it early with a Surge.
Last edited November 6, 2017 7:24 pm
Nov 22, 2017 4:29 pm
Nov 24, 2017 3:19 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Dec 3, 2017 12:55 pm
What's become of the drow and the gargoyle?
Dec 3, 2017 2:53 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
What's become of the drow and the gargoyle?
That's up to you guys. They haven't done anything, so I've been assuming they've been with you or that you leave them with guards during private meetings and primarily ignored them
Dec 12, 2017 1:31 am
Sorry for the delay on this! I will get something up tomorrow, hopefully. Tomorrow is the last day of classes this semester, so my nights will be a bit less busy
Dec 12, 2017 2:14 am
Take your time. We're coming up on the holidays anyway, so I figure things will slow down regardless!
Dec 18, 2017 5:14 pm
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Cast time of Magic Circle is one minute, so it's really not an in-combat spell
Huh. I mistakenly read that (as I'm sure @marithyme also did) as Duration 1 minute rather than Casting Time! If it's okay with you, @Naatkinson, I'll wait for her to revise Melpomene's action before Mai'ngor goes charging in.
Dec 27, 2017 5:53 pm
Given that I read it wrong and Magical Circle is actually a completely impractical spell, can I swap it out after this battle for a different one? I would not have chosen it if I had read more carefully. :(
Dec 27, 2017 5:57 pm
marithyme says:
Given that I read it wrong and Magical Circle is actually a completely impractical spell, can I swap it out after this battle for a different one? I would not have chosen it if I had read more carefully. :(
Absolutely!
Dec 28, 2017 3:27 am
I forget- is the shield guardian's action one of mine or is it separate?
Dec 28, 2017 4:50 am
Moofsalot says:
I forget- is the shield guardian's action one of mine or is it separate?
It's a totally separate creature for you to control
Jan 3, 2018 10:55 am
Going to be hard for me to post for the next week and a half, or so, as I'm in the midst of my teacher certification. Feel free to auto-pilot Meriele as needed in the meantime. I'll do what I can! Sorry for the inconvenience.
Jan 22, 2018 10:03 am
Sorry, everyone, but I need to take a break from GP. As much as I love the group and writing for Meriele, I just don't have the time to put forward the quality this game deserves. If there's room when my schedule frees up again, I'd love to rejoin. Sorry, again, and thank you Naat.
Mar 18, 2018 2:36 am
Elfog, I'm not sure if you just didn't update your level, but you show as a level 8, when everyone else is level 9. At the very least, you show as having a +3 proficiency bonus and it should be a +4 at this level!
Mar 18, 2018 2:50 am
Must have happened when I was away, I’ll get him caught after this encounter. Missing the Brutal Critical and increase in rage damage as well.

As for as the four attacks, after a closer read of things, I’m not sure why I had that in my head. Thanks for catching me on it though, as I’ve been doing the same thing in one of my face to face games. :-/

Sorry about that...
Mar 18, 2018 2:57 am
szemely says:
Must have happened when I was away, I’ll get him caught after this encounter. Missing the Brutal Critical and increase in rage damage as well.

As for as the four attacks, after a closer read of things, I’m not sure why I had that in my head. Thanks for catching me on it though, as I’ve been doing the same thing in one of my face to face games. :-/

Sorry about that...
No worries! I know that it definitely wasn't on purpose :)

Glad that you'll be leveling up after this, wouldn't want you to be less powerful than the others (though it doesn't appear that you're struggling in the power department)
Mar 18, 2018 3:05 am
Naatkinson says:
(though it doesn't appear that you're struggling in the power department)
It’s all those extra illegal attacks that he’s making. :-)
Mar 18, 2018 8:06 pm
I just realized that I incorrectly have Mai'ngor's proficiency bonus at +3 too!
Quote:
Your proficiency bonus is always based on your total character level, as described in Chapter 1 [p.15], not on your level in a particular class.(PHB p.163)
Fixed now.
Mar 23, 2018 3:06 am
As posted to the Absences Thread:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Going on a trip March 25-29. Posting will be spotty, and the game I DM will take priority over the two-dozen or so other games I'm involved in.
Apr 9, 2018 9:46 am
Hi everyone! First of all I'd like to apologize for my two-week absence. I'm back with some sad news (sad for me anyhow).

The day I was hoping would never come has arrived: Due to recent changes in my life (some good, others not so much) I am going to be forced to drastically cut back on my game involvement.

I think I might have more invested in this game than most of the others I am involved in so Mai'ngor is staying. :-)
Apr 17, 2018 3:28 pm
Going on vacation from April 18th to April 26th. Prep will be going on beforehand, and then rest and unpacking when I get back, so I probably won't be consistent from now until the 30th or so!
Apr 17, 2018 3:59 pm
Have fun!
May 31, 2018 5:39 pm
As posted in the Absences thread, I'll be traveling from 04 June 2018 through 15 June 2018. I don't know how much wifi access I'll have, so consider my participation to be limited.
Jul 14, 2018 6:59 am
Naatkinson says:
Those of you in the Archives of the Past watch as Mai'ngor experiences a vision as you've seen a few times before. it doesn't end as the others have, though, with a sigh of relief, but with a soft pop as Mai'ngor disappears completely from the room.
How do you want to handle this? I start posting via secret note? Openly in the main thread? Openly in a side thread? All with pros and cons...I can't say I have a real preference, though if I had to pick it might be the side thread. Unless it's not going to be a long enough scene to merit one.
Last edited July 14, 2018 6:59 am
Jul 14, 2018 9:42 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
Those of you in the Archives of the Past watch as Mai'ngor experiences a vision as you've seen a few times before. it doesn't end as the others have, though, with a sigh of relief, but with a soft pop as Mai'ngor disappears completely from the room.
How do you want to handle this? I start posting via secret note? Openly in the main thread? Openly in a side thread? All with pros and cons...I can't say I have a real preference, though if I had to pick it might be the side thread. Unless it's not going to be a long enough scene to merit one.
It probably won't be a super long scene
Aug 22, 2018 10:01 pm
As posted in the Absences thread, since there is the possibility that some do not follow that forum:
[ +- ] Possible Absence due to hurricane
Aug 24, 2018 2:43 am
CancerMan says:
As posted in the Absences thread, since there is the possibility that some do not follow that forum:
[ +- ] Possible Absence due to hurricane
Oh shit, stay safe!!
Sep 9, 2018 3:34 pm
You can all advance to level 10!
Oct 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Finally. After nearly three years, we finally got a wild magic surge!
Oct 24, 2018 1:57 am
Woohoo!
Oct 24, 2018 5:37 am
I've tried not to be stingy with my spells, too!
Oct 24, 2018 6:56 am
I don't know about you, but if I was playing a Wild Magic apellcaster I'd like a surge every single time! Have you ever played 13th Age? The Chaos Mage class is so much fun! Each combat round, your spell category is determined randomly by die roll, so might be too much randomness for some, but there are actually feats you can take just to increase the likelihood of triggering a "High Weirdness" effect!
Oct 24, 2018 3:40 pm
You might have noticed that I started rolling for surges on cantrips now, just to get the odds tweaked.
Oct 24, 2018 3:42 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I don't know about you, but if I was playing a Wild Magic apellcaster I'd like a surge every single time! Have you ever played 13th Age? The Chaos Mage class is so much fun! Each combat round, your spell category is determined randomly by die roll, so might be too much randomness for some, but there are actually feats you can take just to increase the likelihood of triggering a "High Weirdness" effect!
I have not played it, but I've been considering running a game of it on here...
Nov 29, 2018 2:46 pm
Naatkinson says:
...the leader turns and raises a fabulous longsword in a sort of salute...
Did I just catch a whiff of R.A. Salvatore? XD
Nov 29, 2018 3:00 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
...the leader turns and raises a fabulous longsword in a sort of salute...
Did I just catch a whiff of R.A. Salvatore? XD
I have no idea what you're talking about :P
Jan 28, 2019 7:35 am
CancerMan says:
OOC:
Not my intention to catch friends in the blast.
Wasn't gonna assume either way. Hunter's been pretty erratic lately. :-) Something's gotten into her - I thought it was just Elayna but I think there's more. Mystery!

Jan 29, 2019 3:28 pm
Mai'ngor keeps making those DEX saves by the akin of his teeth haha! How would Indomitable and Lucky interact if I failed a save?
Jan 29, 2019 3:49 pm
It sounds like Indomitable would let you completely re-roll it. In this case, it would be with advantage. Lucky would let you roll another d20 and then choose whichever one of the three you want to
Jan 29, 2019 4:01 pm
Ah but I mean if I applied Indomitable and STILL failed could do a Lucky reroll? Or the other way around? Sounds like cheese, but by RAW could you do it?
Jan 29, 2019 4:05 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Ah but I mean if I applied Indomitable and STILL failed could do a Lucky reroll? Or the other way around? Sounds like cheese, but by RAW could you do it?
You can still do it after indomitable. The re-roll is final, but lucky would be considered a part of the re-roll process, I think.
Jan 29, 2019 5:00 pm
At the table, I think you have to use your Luck point before you roll Indomitable, since you need to declare before the outcome is determined. Should both dice result in failure, you can then use Indomitable.

I'd imagine if your character is a halfling and you roll a 1, you could reroll that, too.
Feb 7, 2019 7:25 pm
After all this time, Mai'ngor still doesn't trust Sarith. His distrust of drow runs very deep *nods wisely*
Feb 7, 2019 7:36 pm
Quote:
Flaw: I convince myself that things are true, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
I've decided to play his flaw as selective xenophobia hehe!
Mar 19, 2019 6:23 pm
Quote:
As Melpomene falls, she manages to catch herself and Mai'ngor with her spell just before she hits the ground. They are hurt by the impact with the hand, but it manages to lessen the impact significantly.
What does this mean for Mai'ngor? How much damage did he take, and where have he and Melpomene ended up?
Last edited March 19, 2019 6:29 pm
Mar 19, 2019 6:24 pm
You'll end up at the bottom of the chasm, but will only take 11 damage rather than 70+
Mar 19, 2019 6:29 pm
Do I still get to have a cool scar? :-D
Mar 19, 2019 6:32 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Do I still get to have a cool scar? :-D
I'm always ok with cool scars :P
Apr 18, 2019 6:51 pm
I'm really curious to see how you guys are going to handle this. Beholders are no joke!
Apr 18, 2019 6:56 pm
I honestly don't see how Mai'ngor could possibly survive this unless he flees. But he wouldn't leave the others behind.
Apr 18, 2019 7:40 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I honestly don't see how Mai'ngor could possibly survive this unless he flees. But he wouldn't leave the others behind.
Sadly, you lack ranged combat options. You'd absolutely shred this thing if you could get close to it, but it's not going to get to your level
Apr 25, 2019 2:01 pm
Hmm... we seem to be missing two people in the midst of the toughest encounter to date :(
Apr 25, 2019 4:53 pm
And in a glorious moment of divine intervention, Mai'ngor sprouts heavenly wings and can fly!

Or so Hunter dreams, as she lies dying.
Apr 26, 2019 11:24 pm
Sorry guys! Flu struck our household again this past week.
Jun 14, 2019 1:47 pm
Mai'ngor is now Brb 1 Ftr 10. Average HP increase. GWF for his 2nd Fighting Style.
Jul 1, 2019 6:10 pm
I feel like Xeliss should get the Onyx Dog, Melpomene gets the Stone of Good Luck, and Sarith takes the Ring of Evasion.
Jul 2, 2019 2:32 pm
CancerMan says:
I feel like Xeliss should get the Onyx Dog, Melpomene gets the Stone of Good Luck, and Sarith takes the Ring of Evasion.
Everyone ok with this?
Jul 3, 2019 9:33 am
Sure, though I'd give the Ring of Evasion to someone more likely to fail Dex saves, and to a PC. :)
Jul 3, 2019 9:46 am
marithyme says:
...I'd give the Ring of Evasion... to a PC. :)
Elayna then?
Jul 3, 2019 4:38 pm
marithyme says:
Sure, though I'd give the Ring of Evasion to someone more likely to fail Dex saves, and to a PC. :)
Solved the problem :P
Jul 3, 2019 6:42 pm
Xeliss is collecting her own small army...
Oct 6, 2019 5:21 pm
I will be on a family trip from 6 Oct through 11 Oct, and will have limited access. I should be able to check in at least once a day when back at the hotel, but my participation will be otherwise diminished.
Jan 13, 2020 4:36 pm
Figured I'd wait for Jabes to get back before we continue. That should be in about a week :)
Jan 21, 2020 3:48 am
I'm back! Posted.
Jan 21, 2020 4:02 pm
Thanks for everything, guys. Please DMPC my character...she's keeping y'all alive. :)

Farewell
Feb 6, 2020 7:14 pm
We are quite low on players right now, so adding another one or two is probably a good idea, don't you think?
Feb 6, 2020 7:16 pm
I'm all for it!
Feb 6, 2020 7:21 pm
I'm not opposed. Some fresh blood might do us good.
Feb 19, 2020 11:04 pm
Hello, everyone! Glad to be here!
Feb 20, 2020 2:39 am
Let the treasure hunt begin!
Feb 20, 2020 4:07 am
Having some trouble with my 5e sheet. Both the Items and Notes section suddenly decided to only allow me so much text, it deleted whatever I type beyond 400 characters or so... gonna be hard to add new inventory. I tried to make a new 5e sheet but it has the same problem
Feb 20, 2020 12:32 pm
Be more succinct.
Feb 20, 2020 4:16 pm
annex says:
Be more succinct.
Lol, thanks captain obvious XD
Feb 20, 2020 4:32 pm
dominion451 says:
Having some trouble with my 5e sheet. Both the Items and Notes section suddenly decided to only allow me so much text, it deleted whatever I type beyond 400 characters or so... gonna be hard to add new inventory. I tried to make a new 5e sheet but it has the same problem
I don't think I've ever had that issue come up before. Are you typing this all on one line?
Feb 20, 2020 6:26 pm
No, and I'm having the same issue both typing on mobile and laptop. I've never had the problem either, I've made dozens of sheets for various game systems so it's not newbie error, I think something glitched on my account. I'll try to make a new account and see if the problem persists, if so then I guess I'll have to contact the host.
Feb 20, 2020 6:41 pm
Wait, don't make a new account just yet. I want to rule out other possibilities.

Are you using any special characters in the Notes or Inventory fields? Maybe somewhere around that 400-character mark?
Feb 20, 2020 10:35 pm
Negative, just letters and numbers and dashes. The dashes have never screwed me before, I have a very consistent style of recording inventory.
Feb 20, 2020 10:44 pm
Post the block of text you want to add in this thread. I'll try to see if I can add it. That might help narrow down the problem
Feb 21, 2020 2:02 am
Staff of Defense (10/10chg)
- ac+1, mg amr 1c, shield 2c
- recharge 1d6+4 @ dawn
Robe of Eyes
- see 360, adv on Percep
- 120' dkvsn, see inv/eth
Balloon Pack
- levitate 10m or fthr fall 1/hr
Silver dagger
Arcane Focus (crystal)
Travel robes, cloak, boots
Backpack
- 8d rations, waterskin
- bedroll, chalk, 2 vials
- pipe/tobacco, pen/ink
- demonology book
- spellbook (76/100pgs)
Component pouch
- 2 antitoxin, 2 heal ptn,
- 2 holy water
Feb 21, 2020 2:03 am
Thanks for the assist. Currently if I split the list up and post half in Items and half in Notes it works, but I should be able to post all of it in Items. It's not even that much stuff...
Last edited February 21, 2020 2:04 am
Feb 21, 2020 6:10 am
Some of my D&D 5e sheets have much longer blocks of text than that in the Items section.
Feb 21, 2020 7:36 am
Yeah mine used to as well, this glitch just happened this week
Feb 21, 2020 8:17 pm
It worked when I did it :)
Feb 21, 2020 8:22 pm
Were you entering the data directly into the text field, or did you copy-paste it from a text editor of some kind? I only ask in case the copy-paste introduced a hidden character that didn't parse on GP.
Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm
Directly into the field
Feb 21, 2020 9:35 pm
Naatkinson says:
It worked when I did it :)
Awesome! No idea what it was but I'm glad it's fixed, thanks much!
Feb 27, 2020 3:51 am
Welcome, dramasailor! Good to have you back on GP!
Feb 27, 2020 4:26 am
Welcome back! Whatcha gonna make?
Feb 27, 2020 5:02 am
Leaning strongly towards a goliath totem barb.
Feb 27, 2020 1:21 pm
Hi, Drama!
Feb 27, 2020 2:38 pm
Sounds good, my only suggestion (and feel free the tell me to shove it) would be to consider a paladin... fighting demons and whatnot the paladin is always the mvp.
Feb 28, 2020 5:11 pm
Oh I know. I contemplated running the paladin route, but wasn't feeling the "being the MVP" route as I come back from my hiatus, :D. Raging, reducing the incoming damage, and smacking things around is the speed I'm looking for at the moment.
Feb 28, 2020 5:26 pm
Sounds great!
Feb 28, 2020 5:49 pm
Smacking around fiends is enjoyable no matter what class you are. :)
Feb 28, 2020 6:00 pm
Dramasailor says:
Oh I know. I contemplated running the paladin route, but wasn't feeling the "being the MVP" route as I come back from my hiatus, :D. Raging, reducing the incoming damage, and smacking things around is the speed I'm looking for at the moment.
Love it, cant go wrong with rage lol
Mar 6, 2020 11:16 pm
Where'd everyone go?
Mar 7, 2020 1:20 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
Anybody interested in looting the minotaurs? If not, Mai'ngor will lead the way with Sinag.
Still here. Just waiting on you guys.
Mar 7, 2020 1:27 am
I'm looting the cow-men. :)
Mar 13, 2020 3:13 am
Quote:
If I cast another eye I will deplete my fourth order of magic
I love it when players find creative ways to reference game mechanics without breaking immersion. This was new to me. Love it!
Mar 13, 2020 4:48 am
Haha, just a little fun with words
Mar 21, 2020 4:13 am
By the way, I dont know how much this lockdown is affecting everyone but it is a major catastrophe here in California and I wish the best for all of you and your families. It is good to have a distraction like Gamersplane to take my mind off of things, so here's to an epic quest!
Mar 21, 2020 6:06 am
My country is on quarantine. Here in the capital, no one leaves their houses. I'm part of the small minority that actually has the financial means to have a stocked pantry. Most people have gone from living a hand-to-mouth existence to now facing the prospect of starving. You're allowed to go out to buy food or meds, but without work, these people don't have any money for that.
Mar 21, 2020 7:17 pm
That's horrible.

The number of cases across the sunny Caribbean increases daily. My island has 6 cases, and we're obviously expecting that to rise. ~10 cruise ships are moored offshore or docked with their crews being either isolated or shuttled to the airport for transfer back to their homes before the airlines decide to stop flying. We've had some panic buying but that's tapered off. Our local rum industry's already producing alcohol so some production's switched to producing medical grade alcohol. I'm sure we're nowhere near the worst it'll get but I'm trying to stay positive. My job in media/news means I'll be on the middle line [is that a thing?] disseminating info to the public means I can't do any isolation/work from home stuff, plus using public transport feels like infection waiting to happen... but like I said: trying positivity.
Jul 29, 2020 5:32 am
How many members are in our team at the moment?
Jul 29, 2020 5:42 am
dominion451 says:
How many members are in our team at the moment?
3 I think
Jul 29, 2020 7:59 pm
Did we loose Deathwake? Man, sure hope we don't have to fight anything...
Aug 5, 2020 2:47 am
Being down to three players does make this more difficult 🤔
Aug 5, 2020 9:10 pm
Time for another ad in the tavern maybe?

*We def need a tank
Last edited August 5, 2020 9:11 pm
Aug 7, 2020 2:49 am
Hello hello 👋

I know the party is in need of a tank. What classes are already present?
Aug 7, 2020 3:00 am
Hello!
We've got an arcane trickster rogue, a wizard, and a lower level bard.
Aug 7, 2020 3:00 am
A mid-level Bard of Valor, an Arcane Trickster, and a Divination Wizard.
Aug 7, 2020 3:05 am
Cool, cool.

I'm leaning toward either some flavor of paladin, or an eldritch knight to keep with the "everyone is a little bit magic" theme you have going already
Aug 7, 2020 3:16 am
I'd vote paladin. Divine magic and healing would be great. And and smites.
Aug 7, 2020 6:10 pm
Hey guys! I'll be back later to put together a character, but I wanted to quickly introduce myself for the time being: I'm your newest teammate! Naat already got me up to speed with the current situation, so yeah, now it's just a matter of locking a character and then I'll be ready to go.

So far the concept I'm inclined to play is based on Lu and Ciel from Elsword: a mercenary/bounty hunter who had to sell his soul to a demon in order to survive, and his patron who tags along with him in the form of a little girl. The idea being that she's stuck in this form because she used to be a powerful demon lord, but then her peers turned on her and sealed her in order to usurp her position, and she had to use up most of her power, to the point of regressing to child form, in order to escape. Oh, and the demons who did that to her? They just happen to be the antagonists of this campaign, so yeah, that's why this unlikely duo, after many misadventures, ended up being employed by the Council of Spiders, and from there they'll be joining the party.

Mechanically this is going to be a half-elf, rogue (assassin) 3/warlock (the fiend) 8, going for a skill money/dex fighter kind of build, with magic there for support and additional damage. I hope you guys like this concept: as an alternative, since it seems to me this party is somewhat lacking in terms of healing, I was also considering a warlock (the celestial) 3/sorcerer (divine soul) build, to provide magical versatility as well as healing. I don't have a concept locked for this second build but I mean, it would be a character whose flavor revolves around divinity and sanctity: making such a character fit in a party that fights demons should be easy enough.

So yeah, while I do look forward the opportunity to play the badass warlock and little girl who's actually his patron duo (it's an idea I've had in mind for a while), I'm absolutely ok with switching to a concept capable of better helping the party, if you guys so prefer. Your thoughts?
Aug 7, 2020 6:24 pm
I generally fall into the school of "Play What You Want," so I won't try to influence your character decision. I'm just happy that you're here!
Aug 7, 2020 6:33 pm
Great concepts Tears, I would think either concept would work but the divine soul build would add something we don't really have at the moment. Between our bard and our rogue we have a fair bit of skill monkeying going on but no real healing.

Claypigeon a paladin would be most helpful, especially considering the demonic nature of this module.
Aug 7, 2020 6:34 pm
I'll be on a hiking trip today through the 12th so feel free to NPC me if needed DM, I will post as soon as I'm back on Tuesday
Aug 7, 2020 8:04 pm
dominion451 says:

Claypigeon a paladin would be most helpful, especially considering the demonic nature of this module.
I went with a paladin build! Finalizing some gearing stuff, and then I'll be ready to hop in whenever the introductions happen.

Welcome aboard, Tears. I just joined as well, fellow newby
Aug 7, 2020 9:40 pm
Character submitted: in the end I went with the Divine Soul Sorcerer option, because it felt like it could contribute more to this party... Although there is a twist: the patron for the three level of Warlock is a Fiend! Yep, this powerful spellcaster with the blood of angels has made a pact with a demon: it is the ultimate fusion of good and evil, of light and darkness, it is the powers of heaven and hell coming together to create the definitive distillation of perfect magical might. BEHOLD THE SUPREME INCARNATION OF ARCANE DOMINATION!

https://elwiki.net/wiki/images/1/16/SRReady.gif

ARE YOU INTIMIDATED YET?
Aug 10, 2020 3:50 am
I've been getting the new players ready, so I apologize for the delay. I will have an update in the next day or two. I will probably skip ahead a tiny bit to the meeting with the Council.
Aug 11, 2020 8:58 pm
Tears.Of.Tomorrow says:
BEHOLD THE SUPREME INCARNATION OF ARCANE DOMINATION!

https://elwiki.net/wiki/images/1/16/SRReady.gif

ARE YOU INTIMIDATED YET?
Bwa-hahahahaha!!! Nice.
Aug 14, 2020 2:55 am
Have you accepted my character by chance? I can't "post as character" with him
Aug 14, 2020 2:56 am
claypigeons says:
Have you accepted my character by chance? I can't "post as character" with him
Done! Sorry about that
Aug 14, 2020 11:10 am
I made a post but not even half came out. Is there a cap on post length? Because if so, it is ridiculously short o.O

EDIT: nvm figured out
Last edited August 14, 2020 11:58 am
Aug 14, 2020 5:34 pm
Etiquette question: when somebody asks me a question IC, is it ok if I reply straight away? Or should I wait until everyone has made at least one post since my last one before I post again?
Aug 14, 2020 5:51 pm
Tears.Of.Tomorrow says:
Etiquette question: when somebody asks me a question IC, is it ok if I reply straight away? Or should I wait until everyone has made at least one post since my last one before I post again?
You can just go ahead and reply
Aug 14, 2020 6:25 pm
Is your avatar a Sororitas reading the Lectitio Divinitatus?
Aug 14, 2020 7:07 pm
claypigeons says:
Is your avatar a Sororitas reading the Lectitio Divinitatus?
A Lectio Divinatus FOR DUMMIES, to be precise :p
Aug 18, 2020 11:52 pm
Hey DM, could you please give me a quick rundown of what I should expect my character to know about the present mission?

Let me rephrase that: naturally, all Lyra knows is "we're off throwing some magic at baddies", that's all she hears in every briefing. But what does MISHA know about the mission at hand?
Aug 19, 2020 3:36 am
Not long ago (a few months), the archmage of Menzoberranzan, Gromph Baenre, unleashed the demon lords of the abyss (Demogorgon, Baphomet, etc) into the material plane.

The party had made contact with a drow wizard named Vizeran DeVir to gather materials to seal them back up before they cause too much trouble. In order to do this, he needs Gromph's grimoire to get more specific details about the archmage's summoning ritual. He is part of a group called the Council of Spiders (a group of male drow who seek to empower the males of their matriarchal society) which is assisting in getting the grimoire.
Aug 21, 2020 12:39 pm
By the way DM, you never got around to giving me my third magical item in the end :p
Aug 21, 2020 2:39 pm
Tears.Of.Tomorrow says:
By the way DM, you never got around to giving me my third magical item in the end :p
Are you questioning me!? 😡

I'll fix that! 😝
Aug 21, 2020 6:33 pm
Lol adding pearl of power to sheet per your Discord message. Cheers!
Sep 7, 2020 1:15 pm
Clarification needed: @Cancerman is that "what about demons" aimed at Lyra?
Sep 7, 2020 4:58 pm
Yes. Elayna is speaking to Lyra and Misha.
Sep 9, 2020 9:28 am
Guys I must apologize, but my health conditions have once again collapsed. With a new batch of examinations coming up and the threat of COVID looming, at this point I'm honestly thinking to just quit online roleplaying altogether: it's clear to me that this kind of commitment just isn't compatible with the my physical and mental ups and downs, no matter how much I want it to be.
Sep 10, 2020 3:38 am
I'm sorry to hear that, Tears. I was really looking forward to seeing what Lyra and Misha would bring to the "table".

Is there anything I can do to help?
Sep 10, 2020 3:53 pm
Naatkinson says:
I wish, but no. Long story short the idea is that all my problems appeared to be caused by a genetic condition... Until it turned out that an exam I underwent in the past had been done wrongly. So now the possibility of it being an autoimmune condition instead, which that exam had ruled out, is back on the table: of course, this means going through a BIG series of exams, because this possibility must be completely ruled out (or confirmed, in which case drastic measures will need to be taken). I mean think about it: even at its blandest, an autoimmune condition would still create a situation where my immune system is too busy fighting my own organs to notice any bacteria and viruses that sneak in, making me more susceptible than normal to illnesses of all kinds... This in a context where a killer virus is running rampant worldwide, hitting 1600+ new cases per day in my area alone: as you can imagine, that's not an ideal situation.

So yeah, that's where I'm standing: I'll need to take care of that AND of my personal projects AND of my main job. This leaves me no time for online roleplaying I'm afraid.
Sep 10, 2020 4:00 pm
Tears.Of.Tomorrow says:
Naatkinson says:
I wish, but no. Long story short the idea is that all my problems appeared to be caused by a genetic condition... Until it turned out that an exam I underwent in the past had been done wrongly. So now the possibility of it being an autoimmune condition instead, which that exam had ruled out, is back on the table: of course, this means going through a BIG series of exams, because this possibility must be completely ruled out (or confirmed, in which case drastic measures will need to be taken). I mean think about it: even at its blandest, an autoimmune condition would still create a situation where my immune system is too busy fighting my own organs to notice any bacteria and viruses that sneak in, making me more susceptible than normal to illnesses of all kinds... This in a context where a killer virus is running rampant worldwide, hitting 1600+ new cases per day in my area alone: as you can imagine, that's not an ideal situation.

So yeah, that's where I'm standing: I'll need to take care of that AND of my personal projects AND of my main job. This leaves me no time for online roleplaying I'm afraid.
I totally understand that and I'll be praying for you! Try to keep your spirits high, though I know that's not easy. And know that if you need people to talk to, GP's community will be here for you.
Oct 3, 2020 5:27 pm
Should we roll initiative or something?
Oct 27, 2020 2:56 am
THIS IS A COPY/PASTED POST FOR ALL OF THE GAMES I'M IN

I just wanted to make a post so that I can give you all a heads-up. I am currently living in a not-so-great situation and stuck with my ex-wife. My current living situation is one of near-constant verbal abuse and it is making my depression spike terribly. This is affecting my will to post consistently. I want to apologize in advance for a lack of posting that may occur from time to time. I am working right now on getting into a new living situation that will be much healthier for me.

Anyway, this is just a heads-up for you and I appreciated you reading it!
Oct 27, 2020 3:00 am
Get out of there as soon as possible and be safe.
Oct 28, 2020 4:08 pm
God knows I've been there brotha, keep your head clear and lean on your friends. The game will be here.
Nov 30, 2020 6:01 am
Hope all is well Naatkinson, just letting you know I'm still ready whenever you are. No rush.
Nov 30, 2020 2:00 pm
Ditto. Still here. Hope you're OK and improving, DM.
Dec 25, 2020 4:57 am
Merry X and Happy H, Naatkinson! I hope things are better for you now.
Dec 25, 2020 5:09 pm
Merry Christmas one and all!
Feb 25, 2021 5:04 pm
Going out of town till Saturday, will post as I can depending on cell signal.
Apr 30, 2021 12:55 am
This game is nearly over! I can't believe it's been over 5 years since I started this one 😃
Apr 30, 2021 1:26 am
Don't jinx it!
Apr 30, 2021 3:14 pm
Wow, how many players came and went in that time?
Apr 30, 2021 6:27 pm
dominion451 says:
Wow, how many players came and went in that time?
11 if my count is correct!
Apr 30, 2021 10:08 pm
Any of the original cast still on this show?
Apr 30, 2021 10:59 pm
Here!

You can start from the beginning, if you want a history: https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/1239/?page=1

Hunter has seen a lot.
Last edited April 30, 2021 11:05 pm
Jun 8, 2021 5:46 pm
I will be backpacking Thursday to Sunday this week (10-13) please NPC me if needed ;)
Jun 11, 2021 1:13 am
Oh no, a WISH SPELL?! This might take an eensy bit of thinking on my part! 😃
Jun 11, 2021 1:21 am
*sobs*
I tried, guys.
*wails*
Jun 11, 2021 1:29 am
Well, Hunter is down to 4 HP, so any result from the Wish spell will be a happy bonus.
Jul 26, 2021 12:39 am
Good game everyone, saved the world and looked good doing it.
Jul 26, 2021 1:03 am
We did, didn't we? ^_^
Jul 26, 2021 1:30 am
We sure did buddy, we sure did.
Jul 26, 2021 1:47 am
It was a good run, and it only took nearly SIX YEARS to complete. Great job :)
Jul 26, 2021 2:19 am
And thanks, DM, for running this game to the end and for letting me play my first real rogue in Ælfric... even if he was also heavy on the arcane. He sneak, he peek, he magik!^_^
Jul 26, 2021 5:34 am
Congrats, everyone! I loved this game so much, it's a pity I couldn't go the distance. I'm grateful I got to at least lurk and read the end. Thanks, Naatkinson!
Jul 26, 2021 12:53 pm
Same here! It was fun to watch from afar. :)
Jul 26, 2021 1:54 pm
OMG six years! You should get a trophy for longest PbP ever run that wasn't ghosted by the DM! Bravo sir.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.