OOC Discussion

load previous
Jan 20, 2016 11:09 pm
Sorry guys, just been insanely busy. Will be back to post tomorrow. Thanks!
Jan 21, 2016 11:21 pm
I meant to ask before a bunch of you posted your characters deciding to follow Mai'ngor: I realize I've sidetracked us, and I realize that's not always fun for everyone. Is everyone ok with this? Is everyone still having fun? Because if not I can turn Mai'ngor around. I actually wrote an exit back there ("We would never bury our dead in the ground. A soul so entombed would haunt the world forever.") but somehow I found myself pushing Mai'ngor forward anyway. Tell me if you're still having fun or if I'm spoiling it, because personally I think that's what's most important here.

So I meant to ask that but now Hunter and Soliin are about to head down. So tell me.
Jan 21, 2016 11:24 pm
I'm playing along, with the caveat that I'm leaving your horseshoes behind at the first sight of trouble.
Jan 21, 2016 11:43 pm
I'm cool with it.

Elfog, on the other hand, is pretty pissed, but he'll just take his frustration out on the Drow.
Jan 22, 2016 6:06 pm
Can specters only be hit by magic weapons? Should Soliin be smart enough to run away fast?
Jan 22, 2016 6:13 pm
Feel free to roll an Int check to see what you'd know! This will not take an action
Jan 25, 2016 2:05 pm
I'm going to give Keleth and Moofs a bit more time before I act for them
Jan 25, 2016 2:23 pm
Sorry, I guess I missed something somewhere. Ii thought I was still disabling the shuttle?
Jan 25, 2016 2:33 pm
Shuttle? Must me thinking of another game! You're down in a tomb and have been confronted by Specters. Mai'ngor has told everyone to run away.
Jan 25, 2016 2:47 pm
Heh, oops, both threads are OOC, and I mixed them up... gotta figure out some way to make it more obvious what game you're in. That said, sorry, didn't realize I didn't post. I'll have something in once I get to work.
Jan 25, 2016 6:35 pm
Whoops- meant to take the form of a wolf and attempt to attack, but I don't have the stats in front of me.
Jan 25, 2016 6:43 pm
Pulled from 5esrd.com:

Medium beast, unaligned

Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 11 (2d8 + 2)
Speed 40 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
12 (+1) 15 (+2) 12 (+1) 3 (-4) 12 (+1) 6 (-2)
Skills Perception +3, Stealth +4
Senses: passive Perception 13
Languages —
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)

Special Traits
Keen Hearing and Smell: The wolf has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
Pack Tactics: The wolf has advantage on attack rolls against a creature if at least one of the wolf’s allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn’t incapacitated.

Actions
Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (2d4 + 2) piercing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 11 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
Jan 26, 2016 2:13 am
Mai'ngor is attempting a tactical retreat. He's all about glory in battle but owing to his culture's views regarding the departed he really is unnerved by undead and will turn around and run the moment everyone else is safely away. He would never leave anyone behind (well, maybe Sarith). Looks like Xeliss is about to engage though. If she does, Mai'ngor will commit as well.
Jan 27, 2016 3:11 pm
Naatkinson says:
Mai'ngor can feel the blade he took from Shoor connect solidly with specter 3, turning it into vapor which disperses quickly. Obviously the blade has some sort of magic in it to dispatch the specter so easily.
Woot! Since Mai'ngor has now been in possession of Shoor's swords for about a week does he get a sense of what their properties are? Are they now attuned to him?
Jan 27, 2016 3:20 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
Mai'ngor can feel the blade he took from Shoor connect solidly with specter 3, turning it into vapor which disperses quickly. Obviously the blade has some sort of magic in it to dispatch the specter so easily.
Woot! Since Mai'ngor has now been in possession of Shoor's swords for about a week does he get a sense of what their properties are? Are they now attuned to him?
Mai'ngor can tell there is some sort of magic in it, but its exact nature eludes him. He gets the sense that there is some great potential waiting to be unlocked in the blade.
Jan 27, 2016 3:45 pm
Do I still need to roll for a CON save or does my wolf form absorb it when I revert back to my gnomish self? Not sure how that works.
Jan 27, 2016 3:48 pm
I'll have you roll the con save for the 3 damage that rolled over into your gnome form
Jan 27, 2016 8:14 pm
Yeah, he did, but only one was magical :)
Jan 27, 2016 8:16 pm
Naatkinson says:
Yeah, he did, but only one was magical :)
Ah. Copy that. ;-)

So I guess I should specify which sword I'm striking with. I guess since we've set a precedent, moving forward the magical one is the main weapon and the other one is the off-hand.
Last edited January 27, 2016 8:18 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.