OOC Discussion

load previous
Mar 30, 2016 4:48 pm
I have a +3 cha, which is nice enough for now. Given it's one level 1 spell, it should suffice. My worry is at later levels, it won't be useful... 1d6 is a lot right now (a 50% increase to my SA damage), but later on, it won't be anything.
Mar 30, 2016 4:59 pm
Yes, that is one of the drawbacks to that feat, as far as the 1st-level spell is concerned. You will only cast that 1st-level spell as a 1st-level spell and the damage will not scale with your own level.

My reading of the cantrips themselves should still allow their damage to scale with your level. At least, I don't see any indication in the description of Eldritch Blast that would say otherwise; Naatkinson has the final call, of course.
Mar 30, 2016 5:16 pm
Cantrips always scale with character level, so that's not an issue :)

As far as it being a first level spell, it is meh. But some spells are still very useful in this way, including Shield and Find Familiar. Also, if they are on your class spell list, you can actually use spell slots to cast them at a higher level, plus you get the free one as a first level spell.
Mar 30, 2016 5:17 pm
Crossbow master may be a better choice... if I get a nice hand crossbow or special bolts, two attacks in one round could be great. It'd allow me to double my chances of sneak attacking in a single round (I know only one of them would have the damage, but if the first doesn't hit, the second could).
Mar 30, 2016 5:20 pm
Crossbow master is pretty amazing. Two chances to sneak attack, plus you're a switch-hitter without having to switch weapons.
Mar 30, 2016 5:36 pm
What do you mean by switch-hit?
Mar 30, 2016 5:43 pm
Keleth says:
What do you mean by switch-hit?
Being good in both melee and ranged combat :)
Mar 30, 2016 5:51 pm
Ah, yah, I'd just need to get a good crossbow :p Anyway, decided, crossbow it is. As we level, maybe we can discuss something akin to one of those metamagic feats from old DnD that lets you center spells on ranged weapons :p
Mar 30, 2016 10:48 pm
Elfog's got his Axe back! Woot! I'll have a backstory of Tolvihar, The Slayer of Vorosakarny, later this evening.
Mar 30, 2016 10:48 pm
szemely says:
Elfog's got his Axe back! Woot! I'll have a backstory of Tolvihar, The Slayer of Vorosakarny, later this evening.
I thought this opportunity was too good to miss :)
Mar 30, 2016 10:51 pm
I didn't see that coming, nicely done! :-) Hopefully I can come up with something worthy of the opportunity...
Mar 30, 2016 10:52 pm
szemely says:
I didn't see that coming, nicely done! :-) Hopefully I can come up with something worthy of the opportunity...
I have the utmost faith in you
Mar 31, 2016 3:14 am
And why did the clan leader choose mighty Elfog to receive Tolvihar?
Mar 31, 2016 3:16 am
Increased my WIS and rolling for HP.

Rolls

HP - (1d8+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Mar 31, 2016 11:04 pm
Always one of the best hunters in the clan, Elfog had taken on the role of mentor to many a young dwarf, leading parties of the young ones into the wild to show them the ways of the hunt. Several years ago, while on an outing with a particularly green group, the party was ambushed by three orcs. Being dwarves, the young ones showed no fear, but Elfog knew it wouldn't end well for the inexperienced hunters and ordered them to flee. "I hold these pigs off ya, now RUN!!! he screamed and threw himself into battle.

Several hours later a search party arrived, tasked with retrieving the brave dwarf's corpse, whose actions saved the lives of his fellow clan members. What they found astounded them; Elfog's body, surrounded by four, no five brutally beaten orcs. Kneeling beside's Elfog, Yog the Cleric was preparing to say a prayer for the fallen hero when she thought she heard a weak whimper.

Sure enough, Elfog had somehow managed to survive his battle with the six orcs. With Yog's expert care and months of recuperation Elfog was able to make a full recovery and for the bravery shown on that day, and his willingness to sacrifice himself for other's in the clan, the leader of Clan Oakshoulder bestowed upon him Tolvihar, The Slayer of Vorosakarny and Feller of Orias!
Apr 1, 2016 2:43 pm
Can I do something to... prepare stealth? Like given we're in a dark area (I assume being the underdark, it's never really bright anywhere), would a dark cloak help me hide better?
Apr 1, 2016 3:10 pm
Keleth says:
Can I do something to... prepare stealth? Like given we're in a dark area (I assume being the underdark, it's never really bright anywhere), would a dark cloak help me hide better?
A dark cloak may help a bit, but the area is partially lit by glowing fungi and lichen, so it's not totally dark.
Apr 1, 2016 3:40 pm
Oh well, it was worth a shot :)
Apr 4, 2016 5:02 pm
I'll be sneaking. From what this sounds like, it's an open area, right? How many enemy fish-men are here? Basically, can I sneak into a position to run up and sneak attack? Ranged sneak attack (with my new crossbow feat)?
Apr 4, 2016 5:04 pm
You can attempt to sneak about, there are actually a lot of houses and buildings around. It would be pretty easy to find a good sniping position from a nearby roof. That is assuming that you succeed on your Stealth check, of course
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.