OOC Discussion

load previous
Feb 21, 2016 8:15 pm
Keleth says:
OOC:
I assume I use perception to listen?
That is correct
Feb 23, 2016 7:48 pm
Mai'ngor can't use Action Surge to enter War Dance as it is a bonus action and Action Surge only works on regular old actions. You can make another attack if you'd like though!
Feb 23, 2016 8:18 pm
Should I know anything about this short sword?
Feb 23, 2016 8:19 pm
You don't know anything about it yet, and neither did Mai'ngor
The only thing he knew was that it has some sort of enchantment on it.
Feb 23, 2016 8:30 pm
Sounds good!
Feb 24, 2016 7:04 am
Naatkinson says:
Mai'ngor can't use Action Surge to enter War Dance as it is a bonus action and Action Surge only works on regular old actions. You can make another attack if you'd like though!
Can I use it to Shove Ilvara prone?
Feb 24, 2016 1:38 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
You certainly can
Feb 24, 2016 1:45 pm
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
You certainly can
Added an Athletics roll to my post. If she goes prone then Soliin would've had advantage. He did hit her, I know, but with advantage he just might roll a crit! ;-)
Feb 25, 2016 9:51 pm
Just waiting on Xeliss to take her turn
Feb 28, 2016 4:52 pm
Damn, I hope I do better in the first regular round! Totally botched the surprise round! :-P
Feb 29, 2016 4:05 pm
It's a really good thing you have that sword! It's almost like I planned it that way or something! ;)
Feb 29, 2016 5:42 pm
I can use Cunning Action to hide as a bonus action, but I'm guessing that's not really possible in the crowd. But if I hop behind Ilvara, flanking, I can still make a sneak attack, right?
Feb 29, 2016 5:45 pm
Keleth says:
I can use Cunning Action to hide as a bonus action, but I'm guessing that's not really possible in the crowd. But if I hop behind Ilvara, flanking, I can still make a sneak attack, right?
She is engaged with other opponents, so you don't even have to flank.

The requirements for sneak attack are:
1. Advantage on your attack
or
2. You have an ally within five feet of your enemy

So long as you meet at least one of those, you get sneak attack.
Feb 29, 2016 6:02 pm
Ah, I misread that in the book then. But having an ally in 5ft doesn't give me advantage, right?
Feb 29, 2016 6:05 pm
Keleth says:
Ah, I misread that in the book then. But having an ally in 5ft doesn't give me advantage, right?
Correct :)
Mar 1, 2016 10:42 pm
One thing I want to point out, Xeliss, is that you have the ability to wild shape into any CR 1 beast since you're a moon druid. This includes Brown Bears and Dire Wolves :)

Only restrictions are that it can't have a fly or swim speed. Those requirements are determined by the table in the PHB, but the CR is equal to one-third of your druid level (Rounded Down)
Mar 2, 2016 1:31 am
I know, the problem is that I can't exactly look up the beast stats while I'm at work, especially when it's super busy. I'm more likely to go with something quick and easy like a spell or something I've already used...
Mar 2, 2016 9:31 pm
Moofsalot says:
I know, the problem is that I can't exactly look up the beast stats while I'm at work, especially when it's super busy. I'm more likely to go with something quick and easy like a spell or something I've already used...
Fair enough, just wanted to make sure you didn't miss it in your reading. I made a thread with the stats for a couple of the beasts you can shift into, might make it easier to work with when you're at work. Let me know if there are more you'd like me to add in and I'd be happy to oblige :)
Mar 3, 2016 2:47 am
Thanks! Maybe something small for hiding like a rat?
Mar 3, 2016 6:21 am
Got the rat in there now too :)

Just waiting on Xeliss to take her turn before the drow slaughter you all!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.