Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Feb 18, 2016 5:29 am
Hunter waves her hand dismissively. "Wishful thinking," she says. "I suppose I should be used to not having a bit of warmth by now, given this... extended vacation." The half-elf looks for as comfortable a spot as can be found in this crypt, and tries to make the most of the opportunity for a long rest.
Feb 19, 2016 5:30 pm
Xeliss is not able to find anything to start a fire with as everything here is stone. It's a bit chill in the crypt, but it's bearable. The "night" passes by uneventfully and you all wake up refreshed in the morning.
Feb 19, 2016 5:40 pm
As the others wake they find Mai'ngor pacing about slowly, eyes boring into each one in turn. "Before I led us on this detour the drow was guiding us to Neverlight Grove. Shall we continue?"

The tikbalang eyes Soliin and Xeliss' packs, heavy with treasure. "If you can move at all, that is."
Feb 19, 2016 10:48 pm
Hunter nods. "I am eager to get Stool home," she says. "At the very least, one of us will be reunited with family."
Feb 21, 2016 8:09 pm
You leave the tomb on the 6th day and your way is clear for the next few days. On the seventh day Sarith calls the party to a halt. He slinks back to the party, indicating that all of you should be quiet.

"Do not make a sound. It seems that my brothers have caught up to us, and they have Ilvara with them," Sarith says to you.

You are in a large open chamber, having just exited a 10 foot wide passageway. Now that you're listening the way seems eerily quiet, even for the Underdark. The rest of the party seems to be listening for something but only Sarith seems to be able to hear it.
Feb 21, 2016 8:12 pm
"I'm going to take a look. All of you should stay here and wait for me," Sarith says before stalking off down the passageway.
Feb 21, 2016 8:14 pm
OOC:
I assume I use perception to listen?
Soliin leans in and listens closely as Sarith walks away.

Rolls

Listening - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Feb 21, 2016 8:27 pm
"This may be the moment that drow betrays us!" Mai'ngor hisses. The tikbalang tenses up, hand on Sinag's hilt, but does not yet summon the blade. He actually relishes the thought of what a rude surprise Sinag's blade would be for their pursuers.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Perception - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Feb 21, 2016 8:32 pm
"What's he up to..." mumbles to himself as he reaches for the hilt of his sword.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Feb 22, 2016 12:31 pm
I find a rocky alcove and hide/wait to see what happens next.
Feb 22, 2016 3:35 pm
Hunter pulls out her wire and holds it to her ear and mouth. "What do you see, Sarith?" she says in a whisper, using Message to convey the secret communication.
Feb 22, 2016 3:41 pm
It's all silent for a moment when suddenly you hear an explosion and see Sarith come into view moments later, cloak trailing smoke, "They have a wizard, flee!" he says as he runs by without stopping.

Shuushar and Jimjar follow close behind Sarith. Eldeth draws her sword and steps to the side of the passage, "Run away, I will take the rear to cover your retreat," she says with a significant look at Elfog.

Naatkinson sent a note to szemely
Feb 22, 2016 6:26 pm
"Let them come. Conceal yourselves, and we will catch them unawares. Slay the priestesses and the wizard first. Do not waste your energy on the warriors."
OOC:
-Mai'ngor is hiding. Stealth roll is above.
-Readying an action to enter War Dance when either the wizard or the priestess is within 35 feet of me.
Last edited February 22, 2016 6:27 pm
Feb 22, 2016 11:22 pm
"Not likely we'd outrun, even at our fastest, and I ain't dying with me back to the enemy." Elfog responds to Eldeth. "We do our best to hide and when horseman over there strikes, we back him up!"

He gives a nod to Mai'ngor and then does his best to hide.
OOC:
Soon as Mai'ngor makes his move (assuming we're not all dead by then) Elfog will enter a rage and join in the attack.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Feb 23, 2016 12:38 am
Soliin, trusting Mai'ngor, nods wordlessly, slipping into the background.

Rolls

Sneak - (1d20+7)

(14) + 7 = 21

Feb 23, 2016 5:52 pm
Stool, find somewhere to hide, thinks Hunter as she sees most of the party prepare a stand. She herself tries to find a stalagmite to use as cover and still provide view of the oncoming drow, mentally preparing herself for spellcasting.
Feb 23, 2016 6:23 pm
You all find a place to hide just in time and you see a couple of drow scouts come out of the corridor and into the chamber. You can see that Asha and Ilvara, the priestesses, are with them as well as Jorlan, the blademaster, and an robed drow that you don't know, probably the mage Sarith mentioned.

Sarith, Jimjar, and Shuushar are running away. Stool has hidden in a small alcove around the corner and Eldeth is standing with you against the drow.

http://s19.postimg.org/4wgsxmjgz/Screenshot_2016_02_23_13_17_55.png
OOC:
For hiding so well, I will grant the PCs the first round!
Feb 23, 2016 7:22 pm
Mai'ngor bursts out of his hiding place and rushes Ilvara, raining hoof strikes down on her. As the tikbalang leaps, Sinag's shining blade leaps forth and bathes them both in blinding sunlight.
OOC:
-Bonus action: summon Sinag. The sword emits bright sunlight in a 15-foot radius and dim sunlight for an additional 15 feet.
-Move to engage Ilvara.
-Action: Trampling Charge. If the initial Hooves attack hits, Ilvara must make DC 11 Str save or is knocked prone).
OOC:
EDIT:
-Oh man, Inspiration did me no good that time! :-P
-Action Surge to Shove Ilvara prone.
Last edited February 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Rolls

Trampling Charge (spending 1 Inspiration) - (1d20+1, 1d20+1)

1d20+1 : (5) + 1 = 6

1d20+1 : (5) + 1 = 6

Shove Ilvara prone (Athletics) - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

load next

Thread locked