Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Feb 12, 2016 9:02 pm
Hunter takes a deep breath, then opens the door. She steps back from the portal.
Feb 12, 2016 9:36 pm
The door opens with just a bit of effort to reveal another room. Stone blocks standing against the western and eastern walls are carved with niches, inside which rest a dozen clay jars. In the middle of the room rests a wide stone sarcophagus atop a black marble bier. The lid of the sarcophagus is inlaid with dust-covered mosaics depicting great floating cities high above a beautiful landscape. The lid of the sarcophagus looks incredibly heavy.
Feb 12, 2016 9:37 pm
The moment Hunter flings the door open Mai'ngor is the first to step through. No longer having any qualms about disturbing the repose of any Netherese, he inspects the sarcophagus and tries the lid.
Last edited February 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Rolls

Athletics, if needed. - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Feb 12, 2016 9:44 pm
As Mai'ngor steps into the room the light from his blade chases away the darkness. While the room is still dusty and old, it no longer appears menacing as it did just a moment ago.
Feb 12, 2016 10:06 pm
Having collected reasonable amount of gold, Soliin climbs the ladder and follows Mai'ngor, sneaking up behind him in case something is woken.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+7)

(2) + 7 = 9

Feb 12, 2016 10:15 pm
I secure everything as best I can, then follow a few feet behind Soliin.
Feb 12, 2016 11:10 pm
OOC:
Is Mai'ngor able to budge the sarcophagus lid? If not then maybe he and Elfog together? I'm taking the Help action to grant Elfog advantage if he's going for it.
Feb 13, 2016 2:53 am
Hunter's eyes flit over the clay jars, and she tries to think of what purpose they would serve in a tomb. Perhaps cremated remains? But with obvious sarcophagi, why the difference in burial?
OOC:
Not sure which would be applicable, so I rolled both History and Religion.

Rolls

Religion - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

History - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Feb 13, 2016 2:55 am
With a little teat of the lid you are able to determine that it would be movable without help.

Hunter recalls stories of people having their organs removed and stored in jars along with their remains. But those are just stories. Or are they?
Feb 13, 2016 3:06 am
Elfog, thinking he and Hunter were inspecting the door in order to make sure no one could get in, lets out a sigh when she opens the door. Looking over to Eldeth he asks (in dwarvish), "You wanting to wait for these fools or should we grab the Drow and work on getting the hell out of here?"
Feb 13, 2016 3:11 am
Elden shrugs and responds in Dwarvish, "They're reckless fer sure, but i still think that we got the best chance if we stick together."
Feb 16, 2016 12:00 am
"Are we done here? I've grabbed everything I can carry."
Feb 16, 2016 12:05 am
Elfog gives Eldeth a disappointed grunt before conceding, "Aye! I guess you're right. The more of us the better, but if we don't get a move on soon I'm going to have to start with my own method of persuasion to get 'em moving!"
Feb 16, 2016 3:50 am
Hunter rubs her eyes and leans against the wall. How she'd love a fire right about now to warm her bones, and settle for a nap.
Feb 16, 2016 8:19 am
Mai'ngor gives the sarcophagus lid another push. Then, open or not, he starts looking inside jars.

Once a chieftain, then a prisoner, now a grave robber. How the mighty have fallen! If not for Sinag I would think the gods had forsaken me!

Rolls

Opening the sarcophagus - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Feb 16, 2016 1:40 pm
The sarcophagus lid opens, apparently lighter than it appeared. Inside is a very lifelike statue of the same woman you saw in the sculpture upstairs. If it were't for the light of Sinag you would be sure this was a real body.

As you look inside of the jars you see what appear to be human organs.
Feb 16, 2016 3:04 pm
"Mummification. It is our practice to keep the body whole, but I have heard other cultures separate the vitals from the body like this."
OOC:
If nothing else untoward or interesting happens or is found Mai'ngor will rejoin the others to get some rest. Long rest?
Feb 18, 2016 2:38 am
Hunter nods, inwardly confirming her observations with the tikbalang's words. "Don't suppose anyone's got a fire in their pocket?" she asks, blissfully optimistic but secretly bracing for disappointment.
Feb 18, 2016 3:44 am
Soliin looks around the area for wood or something that could be burned for a fire.
Feb 18, 2016 5:18 am
"A fire? No, I do not have any magical fire that I keep in my pockets. Why?" I look for any torches in the vicinity, but don't expect to find any.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

load next

Thread locked