Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Feb 10, 2016 12:18 am
The chest is fairly large and heavy, far too much so for you to move it alone.
Feb 10, 2016 3:21 am
"Wait... I may have found something. I'm not sure what." I feel around the edges of the chest for any kind of opening mechanism.
Feb 10, 2016 3:41 am
Soliin walks over, confused, watching Xeliss paw around at empty air.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Feb 10, 2016 4:40 pm
After groping along the chest for a moment Xeliss finds what appears to be a latch on the chest, which is unlocked. Is she brave enough to open an invisible chest?
Feb 11, 2016 5:53 pm
I immediately fling the chest open, hoping to be greeted with more treasures.
Feb 11, 2016 6:32 pm
Xeliss is not disappointed as she opens the chest to find piles of coins and gems with a couple other objects as well. The chest contains 4,000 sp, 1,200 gp, 11 zircon (50 gp each), a necklace, and two potions, one a deep red and the other a beautiful rose color.
Feb 11, 2016 6:58 pm
OOC:
As I walked over, do I see this too?
Feb 11, 2016 6:58 pm
At the upper level, Hunter looks at the closed door leading to parts unknown. "At the very least, check if that door's locked. I'd hate for something to ambush us while we rest."
Feb 11, 2016 7:10 pm
Keleth says:
OOC:
As I walked over, do I see this too?
Oh yes, you see it too
Feb 11, 2016 7:17 pm
I immediately attempt to shovel as much of it as I can (specifically the necklace and potions first) into my pockets. "Not useful here, but once we reach the surface..." it's more than I can possibly carry myself. That what I have to tell myself. Not to mention the others have been useful. It's only fair?
Feb 11, 2016 7:53 pm
Soliin has come to understand what kind of person Xeliss is. "If you want to tell the rest of them, I leave it to you. Just remember," he says, putting his hand back on the ladder. "You need us to get out of here as much as we need you."
Feb 11, 2016 7:56 pm
"You don't want any of this? Why are we here, if not to get something for all our troubles? It would take no time, we can take it with us!"
Feb 11, 2016 8:24 pm
"Of course gold will help us," Soliin says with a shrug, coming back down to collect some of the treasure.
Feb 11, 2016 9:06 pm
"I'll let the others know before they leave us behind." Even if not all are as deserving or trustworthy as others. This one trusts me. The horseman seems to as well. I suppose the feeling is as mutual as it can be considering they are not my kind. But they are not drow either. Those creatures deserve our vengeance. I suppose I'll have to get used to this 'sharing.'

I head towards the other. "There's a chest full of gold over there. We should load up before heading out."
Feb 12, 2016 12:35 am
Hunter approaches the closed door and reaches a hand out to check if it is unlocked. Before she touches the handle, however, she stops, wary of whatever tricks the architects of this place had designed. "Can anyone with better eyes see if this door is trapped?" she asks of the group. "I wouldn't know what to look for, honestly."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Feb 12, 2016 2:43 am
"Gold won't be doing any sort of good if we don't get out of here..." Elfog shrugs as he hears of Xeliss' discovery.

Responding to Hunter he says "I'll take a look with ya" and heads over toward the door. "The others might be a while gathering dead weight for the trip ahead..."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Feb 12, 2016 9:52 am
Mai'ngor shows very little interest in the gold. The tikbalang summons Sinag's blade once more, and the room is suddenly flooded with sunlight. He then steps forward to join Hunter and Elfog at the unexplored door.
OOC:
Bonus action to summon the sun blade.
Standard action to increase the sunlight's range to 20ft bright/ 20ft dim.

For some reason I'm unable to add a Perception roll to this post.
Last edited February 12, 2016 9:58 am
Feb 12, 2016 4:32 pm
The door looks to be untrapped, made of the same tarnished bronze as the rest of the doors.

Rolls

Mai'ngor perception - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Feb 12, 2016 8:17 pm
Hunter tests if the door is locked.
Feb 12, 2016 8:41 pm
The door is not locked
load next

Thread locked