Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Feb 5, 2016 11:17 pm
Soliin reloads his crossbow and descends down after Mai'ngor.
OOC:
I'm doubtful, but is there anything I can really hide behind?
Feb 7, 2016 3:43 pm
Mai'ngor pauses halfway down the steps and says over is shoulder, "I see no prisoner here. Unless someone is trapped in that sarcophagus. Do we dare open it?"
Feb 8, 2016 1:59 pm
As Mai'ngor and Soliin descend they keep a close eye on the sarcophagus. As they reach the bottom they hear a scraping sound as the lid begins sliding off of the sarcophagus and a skeletal hand reaches out and pulls out what you recognize as a wraith.

The creature cackles madly, "Your life force is exactly what I need to free myself from this prison!" and with that leaps toward the Tikbalang.
OOC:
Being as prepared as you are the players will get the initiative.

And, yes, Soliin can actually hide behind Mai'ngor
http://s19.postimg.org/9fbjfdt77/Screenshot_2016_02_08_09_05_11.png
Feb 8, 2016 2:56 pm
Mai'ngor roars angrily as he leaps to meet the wraith. His anger is mostly at himself. How could he let himself be tricked? Obviously there had never been a prisoner here. The pleas for help had been a lure! Now he would die here under the earth, his soul never to join the sky gods and the spirits of his ancestors. All he can do now is die an honoroble, warrior's death.

Mai'ngor chants:
Spirits of wind, make swift my hooves,
Lords of lightning, make mighty my arm,
Spirits of the great
balete tree, make stalwart my heart,
Bathala, sky-father, grant me an honorable death.
OOC:
-Bonus action to enter War Dance.
-Move to engage wraith.
-Action to attack with magic sword.
-Opening PHB to roll new PC.
Last edited February 8, 2016 3:30 pm

Rolls

Attack roll - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Spending Inspiration to reroll attack, if you'll allow. - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Damage - (1d6+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Feb 8, 2016 3:24 pm
Mai'ngor's attack hits solidly, causing the wraith to reel back in pain with a terrible unearthly scream.

Everyone above can hear the combat start and the creature wail. The terribly sound sends shivers down their spines.
OOC:
Round 1:
Wraith: 7 damage
Feb 8, 2016 4:11 pm
"So everyone in this room gets an 'I told you so' to use against the horse," says Hunter with a sigh. "Stool, stay here. I'm heading down to help make sure the horse comes out alive for us to tell him."

She dashes downstairs, mentally preparing her spell.
Feb 8, 2016 5:15 pm
Soliin shivers a bit at the voice, but collects himself. He hides behind Mai'ngor, but quickly leaps out to strike the undead beast.
OOC:
Crit is just double damage, right? So full against a wraith?
OOC:
Added crit dice, and DAMN is that a lucky roll. This is fate coming back for Soliin dying.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+7)

(14) + 7 = 21

Attack - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Attack + Sneak Attack - (1d6+5, 1d6)

1d6+5 : (6) + 5 = 11

1d6 : (5) = 5

Crit damage dice - (2d6)

(66) = 12

Feb 8, 2016 5:19 pm
Keleth says:
Soliin shivers a bit at the voice, but collects himself. He hides behind Mai'ngor, but quickly leaps out to strike the undead beast.
OOC:
Crit is just double damage, right? So full against a wraith?
OOC:
Crit is actually rolling all of the dice twice and then adding mods. So you'll roll another d6 for the weapon and another d6 for sneak attack and add it right on
Feb 8, 2016 5:49 pm
Hunter skids to a stop as the scene comes into view. She flicks her hand at the wraith and releases bolts of magical energy. With her other hand, she clenches her fist and summons her strength.
OOC:
Casting Magic Missile. Bonus action to use 2 sorcery points to recover a level 1 spell slot.

Rolls

Magic Missile vs Wraith - (3d4+3)

(124) + 3 = 10

Feb 8, 2016 6:03 pm
OOC:
Updated my post with full damage.
Feb 8, 2016 7:42 pm
I "nap" for a little longer, then make my way over to help the horse man, shifting back into my wolf form and lunging at the first enemy I see, at the earliest opportunity.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Attack! (w/pack tactics advantage) - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Damage - (2d4+2)

(22) + 2 = 6

Feb 8, 2016 8:54 pm
Soliin leaps out of seemingly nowhere to launch a brutal attack on the Wraith's flank. It lets out another terrible scream.

Hunter's magical bolts slam into the creature, causing it to diminish a bit.

Xeliss comes down the stairs at a run and grabs hold of one of the wraith's arms, yanking on it as hard as she can.
OOC:
Round 1:
Wraith: 34 damage

I'll give a bit more time for responses if someone else wants to join.
Feb 9, 2016 2:01 pm
The wraith, surrounded and being assaulted brutally reaches out for Mai'ngor but the skillful Tikbalang is too quick in the midst of his War Dance.

You all hear a familiar voice in your head, "Please, in the sarcophagus, I can help you!" and the sarcophagus is open and close enough for anyone to reach into.
OOC:
End Round 1!

Round 2 Start with the players

Wraith: 34 damage

Rolls

Wraith attack - (1d20+6)

(6) + 6 = 12

Feb 9, 2016 2:29 pm
"Enough with the voices in our head!" Soliin shouts as he uses his position behind the wraith to land another pointed strike.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+7)

(10) + 7 = 17

Damage - (1d6+5, 1d6)

1d6+5 : (6) + 5 = 11

1d6 : (5) = 5

Feb 9, 2016 3:03 pm
Mai'ngor is startled to hear the voice again. Perhaps there IS someone trapped in there! Frantically, he gives the sarcophagus' lid a shove and looks inside.
Feb 9, 2016 3:08 pm
[Note to Mai'ngor]
Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Feb 9, 2016 3:33 pm
Mai'ngor's eyes widen as he beholds the glowing sword hilt, recognizing it now as the 'prisoner' all along. He tosses aside Shoor Vandree's non-magical sword and, heart pounding, grabs the golden sword hilt and holds it aloft...
Feb 9, 2016 3:43 pm
As Mai'ngor grabs the hilt he can feel energy pulse up his arm and the oppressed feeling that's a result of being in the Underdark is pushed away. He holds the hilt aloft and a glowing blade of yellowish energy flares to life from the hilt as the voice in the sword imparts all if its secrets to him.

You are all bathed in bright sunlight as it flares to life and the wraith shrieks in pain at the sudden illumination.

Feb 9, 2016 3:58 pm
[Note to Naatkinson]

Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Naatkinson
Feb 9, 2016 4:01 pm
[Note to Jabes]

load next

Thread locked