OOC Discussion

load previous
Mar 3, 2016 1:37 pm
Did Xeliss ever level up to 3? Looks like she's still level 2 at the moment
Mar 3, 2016 2:04 pm
Arggh no. I'll add it to my to-do list for tonight.
Mar 3, 2016 4:46 pm
Can I make a directed sneak attack against the priestess' hand, try to disable her spell casting? I know I'll have a greater variety of things to do as I level, just trying to think what I can do now besides a ton of damage :P
Mar 3, 2016 4:54 pm
Keleth says:
Can I make a directed sneak attack against the priestess' hand, try to disable her spell casting? I know I'll have a greater variety of things to do as I level, just trying to think what I can do now besides a ton of damage :P
Called shots aren't spelled out in 5e, and while I like the idea a lot, it's not really a path I want to go down at this point. Its too open to exploitation (I'll go for the eyes!) to balance properly.
Mar 3, 2016 4:55 pm
You could try to shove her prone, giving everyone advantage on attacks against her. You could try to disarm her of her VERY nasty whip.
Mar 3, 2016 5:10 pm
Disarm is a strength check?
Mar 3, 2016 5:28 pm
Keleth says:
Disarm is a strength check?
Disarm is an attack roll made against an opponent's Athletics or Acrobatic check (Their choice). If you win then they drop their weapon.
Mar 3, 2016 6:05 pm
I just made a attack roll with dex, not realizing whether disarm would be a finesse thing or not.
Mar 3, 2016 6:06 pm
Keleth says:
I just made a attack roll with dex, not realizing whether disarm would be a finesse thing or not.
It is just a straight attack roll, so you do get to use Dex if you have a finesse weapon. You did it perfectly :)
Mar 3, 2016 7:48 pm
Quote:
D2 keeps up his attacks on Mai'ngor, still mostly blinded from the light. He scores a minor hit on the tikbalang (4 damage)
-I marked half (2) damage (Resistance from War Dance).
-As I noted in my post, I'm not entirely sure if kicking Ilvara's whip away is correct use of a "free object interaction".
-By mistake, I rolled a d8 instead of a d6 for the shortsword. Added a corrected roll directly below it (d6 this time, and including the crit die.)
-I used Action Surge for a 2nd attack with Sinag. Boy, did it pay off! :-D
Mar 3, 2016 7:57 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Quote:
D2 keeps up his attacks on Mai'ngor, still mostly blinded from the light. He scores a minor hit on the tikbalang (4 damage)
-I marked half (2) damage (Resistance from War Dance).
-As I noted in my post, I'm not entirely sure if kicking Ilvara's whip away is correct use of a "free object interaction".
-By mistake, I rolled a d8 instead of a d6 for the shortsword. Added a corrected roll directly below it (d6 this time, and including the crit die.)
-I used Action Surge for a 2nd attack with Sinag. Boy, did it pay off! :-D
- I'll always post full damage and let you deal with the resistance part :)
- Kicking a weapon away is a totally valid use of the free interaction
- You already used action surge earlier to try to shove Ilvara prone

- I will grant Inspiration to you for the awesome description of the action though!
Mar 3, 2016 8:02 pm
Quote:
- You already used action surge earlier to try to shove Ilvara prone
Oh crap, you're right! Sorry about that! I guess I should edit the description to cut out that last attack then! :-D
Quote:
- I'll always post full damage and let you deal with the resistance part :)
Yup. Just reporting that I marked half. :-)
Last edited March 3, 2016 8:03 pm
Mar 3, 2016 8:27 pm
How many times can I take an animal form in a day?
Mar 3, 2016 8:28 pm
Moofsalot says:
How many times can I take an animal form in a day?
You can use Wild Shape twice. You regain all uses after a short or long rest.
Mar 3, 2016 8:42 pm
What's it like when someone hits 0 again? How long do they survive at 0, and how do I stabilize them?
Mar 3, 2016 8:51 pm
Keleth says:
What's it like when someone hits 0 again? How long do they survive at 0, and how do I stabilize them?
Falling Unconscious

If damage reduces you to 0 hit points and fails to kill you, you fall unconscious (see appendix A). This unconsciousness ends if you regain any hit points.

Death Saving Throws

Whenever you start your turn with 0 hit points, you must make a special saving throw, called a death saving throw, to determine whether you creep closer to death or hang onto life. Unlike other saving throws, this one isn’t tied to any ability score. You are in the hands of fate now, aided only by spells and features that improve your chances of succeeding on a saving throw.

Roll a d20: If the roll is 10 or higher, you succeed. Otherwise, you fail. A success or failure has no effect by itself. On your third success, you become stable (see below). On your third failure, you die. The successes and failures don’t need to be consecutive; keep track of both until you collect three of a kind. The number of both is reset to zero when you regain any hit points or become stable.

Rolling 1 or 20: When you make a death saving throw and roll a 1 on the d20, it counts as two failures. If you roll a 20 on the d20, you regain 1 hit point.

Damage at 0 Hit Points: If you take any damage while you have 0 hit points, you suffer a death saving throw failure. If the damage is from a critical hit, you suffer two failures instead. If the damage equals or exceeds your hit point maximum, you suffer instant death.

Stabilizing a Creature

The best way to save a creature with 0 hit points is to heal it. If healing is unavailable, the creature can at least be stabilized so that it isn’t killed by a failed death saving throw.

You can use your action to administer first aid to an unconscious creature and attempt to stabilize it, which requires a successful DC 10 Wisdom (Medicine) check.

A stable creature doesn’t make death saving throws, even though it has 0 hit points, but it does remain unconscious. The creature stops being stable, and must start making death saving throws again, if it takes any damage. A stable creature that isn’t healed regains 1 hit point after 1d4 hours.
Mar 4, 2016 5:40 am
AmI rolling for HP? Also... how many new spells do I get? 1 level 1 and 1 level 2? Or just one additional?
Mar 4, 2016 5:44 am
Moofsalot says:
AmI rolling for HP? Also... how many new spells do I get? 1 level 1 and 1 level 2? Or just one additional?
You can roll for hp, or take the average, that's up to you.

You know all of your spells automatically as a druid. You can have a number of spells prepared equal to your Wis mod + Druid Level, so basically 5 at this point.

You also have 4 first level spell slots, and 2 second level slots.
Mar 7, 2016 3:07 pm
Gonna give Xeliss a few more hours to respond before I take her turn for her :)
Mar 7, 2016 8:57 pm
I can't believe you won that... and with only one (NPC) casualty. One CR 8, 7, 5, 2, and three CR 1/4s
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.