Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Jan 30, 2016 7:33 pm
"We're coming out, Hunter. Soliin is down but I've got him. Jimjar and Xeliss are hurt, too."
OOC:
I was waiting to see what Xeliss would do before actually heading up.
Jan 30, 2016 8:26 pm
"They're coming up," says Hunter. "Hurt, but alive. I don't know if they're being followed, though."
Jan 30, 2016 8:34 pm
Letting out a small sigh of relief Elfog sheaths his blade, "Damned fools!".
Jan 31, 2016 6:05 am
"Well. Glad that's over." I continue my attempts to rob the graves.

Rolls

Strength check? - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Jan 31, 2016 6:44 am
Mai'ngor manages to get Soliin to a stable state before he responds to Hunter.

Xeliss, with a little bit of effort is able to open each sarcophagus. They each contain a treasure:

The northeast sarcophagus contains two gold bracelets worth 50 gp each and a ceremonial wand (non magical} made of chiseled ivory worth 25 gp. The northwest sarcophagus contains an onyx ring worth 50 gp and a silver necklace set with two azurites and a carnelian worth 250 gp. The southwest sarcophagus contains a ewer made of beaten gold worth 25 gp and a walking stick worth 75 gp. The walking stick is made of varnished yew with a golden handle shaped like a scorpion. The southeast sarcophagus contains a gold censer with platinum filigree worth 250 gp.

Xeliss also notices that the northeastern sarcophagus is built on some well-hidden stone rollers and could probably be moved with minimal effort.
Feb 2, 2016 3:49 am
I take a good look at the haul, and hand over about half the bounty (the less interesting items) to Mai'ngor. I keep the necklace, bracelets, and ceremonial wand. "We earned it together." I give him a respectful nod.
Last edited February 2, 2016 3:49 am
Feb 2, 2016 4:34 am
Soliin groggily stands, thanks to Mai'ngor's aid. As he notices Xeliss handing Mai'ngor part of the loot, he pipes up, with what strength he can. "Thank you Mai'gnor. That was... unpleasant." He looks pointedly at Xeliss. "I didn't nearly die so you could split the loot two ways! I risked my life to help you! I could have been on my merry way up the stairs!"
Feb 2, 2016 6:18 am
"Now I'm wondering if they've been possessed," says Hunter, as there is no activity coming up the stairs.
Feb 2, 2016 8:25 am
"Bicker about the spoils later. Let us leave this accursed place." Mai'ngor herds everyone up the stairs.
Feb 2, 2016 12:18 pm
Soliin nods, biting his tongue and walking towards and up the stairs, if not slowly.
Feb 2, 2016 1:46 pm
You hear a voice before you go up the stairs, "Please don't leave me! I'm here, under the sarcophagus!"
Feb 2, 2016 1:55 pm
Soliin groans and stops. He's torn between helping someone who could help him and the tears throughout his body. As usual, he shrugs and walks back towards the sarcophagus, leaning his dead weight against the heavy coffin, not sure he's actually doing anything.

Rolls

What to do... - (1d2)

(1) = 1

Feb 2, 2016 2:58 pm
As Soliin presses against the sarcophagus he feels it move slightly, but realizes it'll take a real push to get it to slide open.
Feb 2, 2016 3:21 pm
"I was about to help you with your wounds, but perhaps the pain will make you think twice about how you speak to me." I shake my head in annoyance.
Feb 2, 2016 4:23 pm
Slumped against the coffin, barely standing, Soliin weakly shrugs. "We just escaped from the drow. I was there quite a while, and death is no stranger. I'm not about to let someone undervalue my efforts in this escape."
Feb 2, 2016 4:40 pm
Jimjar walks over to the sarcophagus, "Want some help moving this? There may be more treasure down there!"
Feb 2, 2016 4:46 pm
Mai'ngor is already two steps up the stairs when the disembodied voice makes him look back. After a moment's hesitation the tikbalang strides past the bickering gnome and halfling anplaces his hands in the sarcophagus. Nodding Jimjar, Mai'ngor pushes.
Last edited February 2, 2016 4:59 pm
Feb 2, 2016 5:08 pm
I shrug. "Thought you were already dead."
Feb 2, 2016 5:09 pm
Hunter holds her wire to her head. "You there, horse? Still coming up?" she whispers.
Feb 2, 2016 5:09 pm
The sarcophagus moves easily to reveal a room below. The room is of a similar size to the one you are in, but there is only one ornate sarcophagus in here.
load next

Thread locked