OOC Discussion

load previous
Mar 23, 2016 5:42 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
CancerMan says:
Soliin is already lucky!
That he is! :-)

So many fun options for feats! I'm limiting myself to those that aren't just fun but also fit Mai'ngor thematically. I've narrowed the list down to Athlete, Charger, Defensive Duelist, Dual Wielder, Inspiring Leader(!), Mobile, Sentinel.

Mechanically, the smartest choice would be just to boost Dex and Con 1 point each. :-P
Why'd you remove Sentinel and Dual Wielder?
Mar 23, 2016 5:44 pm
For what it's worth, Hunter took the attribute increase.
Mar 23, 2016 6:02 pm
Quote:
Both great feats, but to me Sentinel is more of a tactician's feat. Mai'ngor is more of a by-feel fighter than a tactician (he has a level of barbarian to reflect this, and I took the Champion archetype rather than the Battle Master). Dual Wielder actually fits his style of fighting (TWF) but I've decided go for a little bit of variety. :-)

Inspiring Leader (remember, Mai'ngor is nobility) is interesting because it will really challenge my roleplaying. I'm reluctant to take it because it will really challenge my roleplaying haha!

Yeah, after all that I might end up just taking the stat boost like Hunter did.
Mar 23, 2016 6:12 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Quote:
Both great feats, but to me Sentinel is more of a tactician's feat. Mai'ngor is more of a by-feel fighter than a tactician (he has a level of barbarian to reflect this, and I took the Champion archetype rather than the Battle Master). Dual Wielder actually fits his style of fighting (TWF) but I've decided go for a little bit of variety. :-)

Inspiring Leader (remember, Mai'ngor is nobility) is interesting because it will really challenge my roleplaying. I'm reluctant to take it because it will really challenge my roleplaying haha!

Yeah, after all that I might end up just taking the stat boost like Hunter did.
I realized just now. Mai'ngor multiclassed. Feat/Ability Score Increase is based on CLASS level, not character level. So you'll have to hit level 4 in either fighter or barbarian to get that.
Mar 24, 2016 2:29 am
Quote:
I realized just now. Mai'ngor multiclassed. Feat/Ability Score Increase is based on CLASS level, not character level. So you'll have to hit level 4 in either fighter or barbarian to get that.
Oh. I thought only class features were dependent on class level. Well since that's not the case then I'm all set! :-)
Mar 24, 2016 2:39 am
Yeah, about the only thing that is cross-class in terms of level is your proficiency bonus (PHB pg 163).
Mar 28, 2016 2:40 pm
I just found out that critical hits with a sneak attack double SA dice as well. I am happy. Any feats help my critical hitting? :p
Mar 28, 2016 3:57 pm
I can't think of any feats specific to increasing your chances to hit. Increasing your attack attributes (DEX or STR) would.
Mar 28, 2016 3:59 pm
Keleth says:
I just found out that critical hits with a sneak attack double SA dice as well. I am happy. Any feats help my critical hitting? :p
There aren't any feats that increase crit chance. Except Lucky, which only does so because you can re-roll and doesn't increase the crit range. Fighter Archetype of Champion grants an increased critical strike range.
Mar 28, 2016 4:54 pm
Oh well, a guy can wish :p I'll decide on a feat today (I'm stupidly indecisive).
Mar 28, 2016 5:04 pm
I retract my previous statement about increasing attack attributes; that just increases your chance to hit. I think only re-rolls from Lucky or from something that grants Advantage would increase your odds of a critical hit.
Mar 28, 2016 5:04 pm
I'll level up this week. Did we rest yet?
Mar 28, 2016 5:07 pm
We didn't rest after the fight with the kuo-toa, but Naatkinson has graciously allowed us to level up.
Mar 28, 2016 5:09 pm
While you're waiting for the Kuo-Toa to return you will have time for a Short Rest
Mar 28, 2016 5:35 pm
Hunter is hoping the kuo-toa give her a long rest eventually, to recover spell slots. She still has sorcery points, though. :)
Mar 29, 2016 12:23 pm
Short rest: spending 1 Hit Die.

EDIT: Sheesh. Can I activate Second Wind before taking the short rest? :-D
Last edited March 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Rolls

1 Hit Die - (1d10+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Mar 29, 2016 12:41 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:

Yes you can :)
Mar 29, 2016 12:55 pm
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:

Yes you can :)
Thanks! :-)

EDIT: Hahaha!
Last edited March 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Rolls

Second Wind - (1d10+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Mar 30, 2016 3:57 pm
So I know I'm being finicky, but what do you think of me taking Magic Initiate with Warlock, taking Hex as my spell? An extra 1d6 damage is nice, but I'm not sure it's all that great. Some extra cantrips, specially damage ones, would be nice. I'm realizing crossbow expert would also let me take two attacks with a hand crossbow, assuming I have a free hand.
Mar 30, 2016 4:02 pm
Magic Initiate is a nice feat, even for dedicated spellcasters. The only caveat is that you'll be using the attribute for that class, so you'll want a nice Charisma score for Warlock to take advantage of the attack bonus with Eldritch Blast (assuming that's one of the cantrips you choose).

I know it's among the short list of feats I want for Hunter (take Warlock since she already has a decent CHA), but I want to get her attributes up first.
Last edited March 30, 2016 4:04 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.