OOC Discussion

load previous
Feb 3, 2016 1:28 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
For the record, Mai'ngor wanted to leave but the other three seemed to be keen on going for more treasure. And then there was the voice. :-D

So there's just a room and a sarcophagus? No indication of a prisoner?
Correct, you haven't seen the prisoner yet
Feb 3, 2016 7:52 pm
Everyone here knows how the Hit Dice system works for replenishing HP on a short rest, right?
Feb 3, 2016 8:18 pm
Mai'ngor is uninjured so I'm good. :-)
Feb 3, 2016 8:23 pm
I'm actually a bit unclear. Given none of us have healer kits, I'm not sure how much we heal. We each have 2 HD right now, right?
Feb 3, 2016 8:28 pm
You have 2 HD now, you may spend them on a short rest to heal your HD (1d8) + Con Mod.

Example: Soliin has 2 HD and decides he wants to use one. He will roll 1d8+2 and regain that many HP. He can then decide to use another if that didn't heal enough and roll another 1d8+2 for that much more healing. You also regain half of your spent HD on a Long Rest.
Feb 3, 2016 8:37 pm
Ah, I thought you only get the full heal when you have a healers kit. I'm gonna have to review all this.
Feb 4, 2016 1:59 pm
Also, if everyone could keep track of their current hit points in their character sheet that would be awesome.

Did you want to use your Hit Dice, Keleth? I know you were pretty beaten up.
Feb 4, 2016 2:01 pm
To be honest I'm not sure I calculated my current hp correctly what with shifting in and out of the wolf form and getting smacked around before and after. It doesn't look right to me.
Feb 4, 2016 2:06 pm
Sorry, yesterday was busy with code and fencing.

Rolls

Recovery - (1d8+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Feb 4, 2016 2:08 pm
I also just noticed I never added a current HP box for DnD5e. I'll try to fix that.
Feb 4, 2016 2:15 pm
Moofsalot says:
To be honest I'm not sure I calculated my current hp correctly what with shifting in and out of the wolf form and getting smacked around before and after. It doesn't look right to me.
You took 14 damage in the first hit: 11 was absorbed by the wolf form and you took 3 to your real HP. Then you get hit for 9 and 7 damage, the wolf absorbed 11 of that and you took 5 on your real HP, reducing you to 7. Then you cast Healing Word on yourself for 5 points, bringing you up to 12.

Looks right to me!
Feb 4, 2016 7:41 pm
Keleth says:
I also just noticed I never added a current HP box for DnD5e. I'll try to fix that.
I've gotten into the habit of tracking current hp, XP, available spell/rage/smite/ki etc slots in the Notes section. :-)
Feb 4, 2016 7:43 pm
Early in, the idea was to add that tracking to the game rather than the character, but I'm realizing that doesn't make sense.
Feb 4, 2016 7:57 pm
This might be clunky, but what about adding common stats automatically into the body of the message? Like at the top?
Feb 4, 2016 8:02 pm
The thing is, different classes have different stuff to track. Everyone tracks HP & XP, obviously, but others have ammo, spell slots, ki, smite, sorcery points, wildshape, rage, etc. It's not one sheet fits all :-)
Feb 4, 2016 8:10 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
The thing is, different classes have different stuff to track. Everyone tracks HP & XP, obviously, but others have ammo, spell slots, ki, smite, sorcery points, wildshape, rage, etc. It's not one sheet fits all :-)
Yeah, HP would be a good default one though, especially in games where you play the healer and so might not have access to everyone's current information.
Feb 4, 2016 8:25 pm
HP and AC maybe?
Feb 4, 2016 8:28 pm
I think what I'm going to do is add stuff like HP to the char sheet themselves (we will have to do a review of all the char sheets at some point), but as I work on the redesign, maybe we can add in a "party info" tab to the game bar.
Feb 4, 2016 8:35 pm
While we're at it, could there be a "save" button near the top of the character sheet?
Feb 4, 2016 8:46 pm
Sure. Save buttons for everyone!

Wait... this should maybe be it's own thread, heh.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.