OOC Discussion

load previous
Jan 27, 2016 8:27 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
Yeah, he did, but only one was magical :)
Ah. Copy that. ;-)

So I guess I should specify which sword I'm striking with. I guess since we've set a precedent, moving forward the magical one is the main weapon and the other one is the off-hand.
I had assumed you would use the finer blade in your main hand. If you want to change it going forward that's fine too.
Jan 27, 2016 8:27 pm
I'm shocked at how well you're all doing in this combat!
Jan 27, 2016 9:07 pm
Heeeeey :-p
Jan 28, 2016 3:29 pm
I don't mean to rules lawyer, but why does Specter 2 roll 3d6 for the crit damage against Soliin? A crit only adds 1 extra weapon die, doesn't it? Or am I wrong?
Jan 28, 2016 3:31 pm
Crits double the damage dice rolled. Certain features, such as Brutal Critical for Barbarians specify only one damage die
Jan 28, 2016 3:35 pm
Soliin was ok being a side table or footstool. But noooooo, he had to try to escape...
Jan 28, 2016 3:37 pm
Keleth says:
Soliin was ok being a side table or footstool. But noooooo, he had to try to escape...
He did escape! And he's still alive at this point. And you're almost done with the battle!
Jan 28, 2016 3:38 pm
I think Jabes was referring to the two 3d6 rolls you had on Soliin, from Specter2. The first damage roll was a 12 and was included in the attack roll. Then there's a second roll of 3d6 for 13 points, which appears to have been the one that was doubled for 25 points.
Jan 28, 2016 3:38 pm
Naatkinson says:
Crits double the damage dice rolled. Certain features, such as Brutal Critical for Barbarians specify only one damage die
Oh. Thanks for setting me straight. :-)
Jan 28, 2016 3:51 pm
You guys would be doing far better if I hadn't gotten 3 criticals so far this combat!
Jan 28, 2016 3:59 pm
I notice you rolled my death save. I didn't need to roll then, did I?
Jan 28, 2016 4:01 pm
Keleth says:
I notice you rolled my death save. I didn't need to roll then, did I?
You rolled the Con save to avoid the worst of the Life Drain. I rolled the Death Save rather than have you make another post for one roll. Rule for reference:
OOC:
Death Saving Throws

Whenever you start your turn with 0 hit points, you must make a special saving throw, called a death saving throw, to determine whether you creep closer to death or hang onto life. Unlike other saving throws, this one isn’t tied to any ability score. You are in the hands of fate now, aided only by spells and features that improve your chances of succeeding on a saving throw.

Roll a d20: If the roll is 10 or higher, you succeed. Otherwise, you fail. A success or failure has no effect by itself. On your third success, you become stable (see below). On your third failure, you die. The successes and failures don’t need to be consecutive; keep track of both until you collect three of a kind. The number of both is reset to zero when you regain any hit points or become stable.

Rolling 1 or 20: When you make a death saving throw and roll a 1 on the d20, it counts as two failures. If you roll a 20 on the d20, you regain 1 hit point.

Damage at 0 Hit Points: If you take any damage while you have 0 hit points, you suffer a death saving throw failure. If the damage is from a critical hit, you suffer two failures instead. If the damage equals or exceeds your hit point maximum, you suffer instant death.
Jan 28, 2016 4:43 pm
Ah, thanks for clarifying; I missed the con save part. Yah, I had a general idea of how death saves worked; glad I'm not dead (yet).
Jan 29, 2016 6:12 pm
Don't worry about the dying halfling.
Feb 2, 2016 4:07 am
Being stable means I'm awake now, right?
Feb 2, 2016 4:09 am
You'll be back at 1 hp
Feb 2, 2016 4:30 am
So I can act!
Feb 3, 2016 12:50 am
For the record, Mai'ngor wanted to leave but the other three seemed to be keen on going for more treasure. And then there was the voice. :-D

So there's just a room and a sarcophagus? No indication of a prisoner?
Last edited February 3, 2016 12:53 am
Feb 3, 2016 1:25 am
Elfog (not so) secretly hopes that you all die so he can get out of this gods-foresaken place! :-)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.