A Time to Harvest - Chapter Five

load previous
Aug 20, 2019 1:56 am
"hey kids, why are you cutting that cow?"
Aug 20, 2019 6:11 pm
"Haha!" laughs one, pausing from his chanting, "You'll see! You'll see! Say hello to Old Mrs Bellweather for me!"
Aug 20, 2019 9:21 pm
"We need to go, and we need to go now! I know the way.

Mathis heads towards bellweathers house.
Aug 22, 2019 2:47 pm
"Shouldn't we try and stop them?" Doc shouts after Mathis as he follows lamely in pursuit.
Aug 22, 2019 4:03 pm
Taffy nods to Mathis's order, at first hesitantly though gradually becoming more certain: whatever's going on out here makes him feel incredibly uneasy, and he'd prefer the company, he's decided, of the crazy farmer over these demonic children.
Aug 22, 2019 10:35 pm
As Mathis, Taffy and Doc take off, the children cackle and the cow lets out a horrible sound as it is cut. Freddie hears a noise like a tearing of vegetation from its roots, a loud cracking of a hundred branches snapping and as he turns he faces from the shadows and rain, a huge tree, impossibly moving. Solomon turns to follow his gaze only to be crushed under an enormous foot of roots, his screams echoing through the night.
OOC:
Two Sanity checks from Freddie please
RIP Solomon
Aug 23, 2019 2:10 pm
"What the....."
OOC:
So.... should i start making a new character now? lol
Last edited August 23, 2019 2:10 pm

Rolls

Sanity 1 (45) - (1d100)

(82) = 82

Sanity 2 - (1d100)

(97) = 97

Aug 23, 2019 3:05 pm
"Our brother is here! Our brother is here!" Yell the children with delight.

When Mathis has a moment to think, he is reminded of the school teacher in Cobbs Corners and the pictures and rhyme she confiscated from her children.

https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/2144/
Aug 23, 2019 5:30 pm
Freddie Sanity loss
OOC:
As you've not lost 20% of your sanity or 5 or more from a single roll, there is no adverse effect. You may flee as you wish.

Rolls

Witnessing death of Solomon - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Seeing "Brother" - (1d10)

(2) = 2

Aug 23, 2019 6:15 pm
"This isn't happening" Freddy yells while turning and running after the others.
Sep 2, 2019 10:13 pm
Freddie catches up to the others and the group trots across the muddy fields until they reach another farmhouse, mostly destroyed. The yelling cry of a young girl comes from within, cries of help.
Sep 2, 2019 11:34 pm
OOC:
No, her house is on the outskirts of town, but you're not close yet.
Sep 3, 2019 12:16 am
Mathis keeps moving. I don't have time to save everyone.
Sep 3, 2019 7:50 am
OOC:
Everyone following Mathis?
Sep 3, 2019 1:21 pm
"Mathis! Where are you going?" Taffy cries desperately, as he scrambles over the wreckage, searching for the source of the young girl's voice.
Sep 4, 2019 5:50 pm
Taffy climbs over the wreckage, and seems to be getting closer to the girl's voice.

"Is someone there? Please, help. my daddy's trapped in the root cellar."

As he gets closer, Taffy sees a yawning pit beneath the house, the voice comes from there, but in the rain and dark it's not easy to see what's there.
Sep 4, 2019 9:33 pm
Doc hears the girl’s voice, and immediately flashes back to the circle of kids cutting open the cow. Shaking it off, he doubles his efforts after Mathis.

"Careful, Taffy! The children! There’s something wrong with them!"
Sep 7, 2019 2:26 pm
Taffy turns his head back to the Doc and looks quizzically. He hesitates for a moment then backs away slowly from the wreckage, trains his flashlight on the pit and peers into the darkness hesitantly.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.