A Time to Harvest - Chapter Five

load previous
Oct 2, 2019 4:31 pm
"Alexandru! What in the devil happened" Doc rushes to him and asses his condition, attempting to extricate the knife from his back and stabilize him.
OOC:
I assume this would be First Aid, but I'll toss in Medicine as well in case that's needed.

Rolls

First Aid (50) - (1d100)

(4) = 4

Medicine (60) - (1d100)

(8) = 8

Oct 2, 2019 4:43 pm
Examining the wound, Doc realises it's too late, the man is on death's door and removing the knife would only hasten his end. Doc manages to rouse Cuzra enough for you to hear, in broken English, what fate befell him.

"I hear the striga’s Sabbat outside my house. I hear many children and a man... I am thinking he is Sheriff Spencer. I crawl like dog through thickets. I see... I see...terrible things, many children dance and sing around hill. I see Mrs. Carmichael lying on the altar
stone, she is alive, and her little Susie...that child of the Devil...she holds her momma’s hand and she smiles at her. A man at the altar...his back is to me...he keeps cutting on Mrs. Carmichael but she just stared...stared at her daughter. She didn’t scream until the end. Until her own Susie stabbed her in the heart. Then from the trees…came...came a devil. It was a blasphemy on God’s world...and the little children...they ran to it like it was family. Dancing around it and singing.
Another was brought up to the altar and killed...and another devil come out of the woods. They do this for a long time. I black out and wake with rain stinging me.
Most children gone...most devils gone. I go back home, get hammer, then wait till all leave. I smash stones but striga children return...they strike me but I strike them too. This rain... I think... I think God sends this rain to wash away this evil. Like...Noah, yes?"
Oct 2, 2019 4:49 pm
With his story told, his breathing becomes more laboured. "I beg you, leave before God unleash final wrath on Cobb's Corners."

With one shaky hand he points to the sky and says, "I can see it coming", indicating to a mass of swirling black clouds.
Oct 3, 2019 12:05 am
"Jesus Christ," Taffy mutters under his breath. Then, he follows Cuzra's gaze and finger up toward the swirling clouds, hand shielding his eyes from the rain as he observes this phenomenon.
OOC:
Do the swirling clouds appear particularly unnatural? Or just like a bad storm?
Oct 3, 2019 12:38 am
Like no storm Taffy has seen before, here or at home in the Valleys.
Oct 3, 2019 4:54 pm
"Jesus Christ!" Taffy says even more loudly, now having glimpsed the otherworldly weather phenomenon. "Doc, let's get out of here, quickly." He places a hand on the Doc's shoulder and attempts to steer him back the way they came.
Oct 3, 2019 11:01 pm
"Bellweathers has her finger on the pulse of this town. She may know what's happening. Let's find her "
Oct 6, 2019 11:18 am
Alexandru Cuzra breathes his last before Taffy and Mathis pull Doc away. There's nothing more you can do for the man.

Leaving the carnage at the standing stones, you retrace your steps through the undergrowth and past his farm.

There's one last farmhouse before you reach town, the MacClearan farmhouse, the place where the students holed up throughout the expeditions, the place that you escaped from as it was attacked by one of the walking trees. Only Freddie doesn't know the place.

As you arrive, you find the steel and oak walls of the headquarters torn asunder, the insides of the farmhouse gutted and tossed about. The portable generator is smashed and the radios completely destroyed.
Oct 12, 2019 1:12 am
Anyone doing anything here?
Oct 13, 2019 12:29 pm
Mathis takes a quick look around for anything useful.

Rolls

Spot - (1d100)

(66) = 66

Oct 13, 2019 11:35 pm
Mathis sees nothing of use.
Oct 17, 2019 2:52 pm
Taffy shivers a the sight of the carnage. "Come on, mates, let's keep going," he says, sounding somewhat defeated.
Oct 21, 2019 4:14 pm
Leaving the remains of the MacLearan farmhouse, the four of you return to the main road running into Cobb's Corners. In the distance, you see some sections of the town are on fire. Soon enough you arrive at the Bellweather house at the edge of town, a small cottage at the end of a cul-de-sac.

Approaching the house, you see that the front door is banging in the wind.
Oct 22, 2019 8:49 pm
Taffy raises his service revolver, cocking it up against in shoulder in a ready position, and swings the door wide. "Mrs. Bellweather?" he calls out through the opening.
Oct 22, 2019 8:57 pm
Inside the front room is the sign of an obvious struggle, with furniture overturned and scattered drops of blood.
Oct 22, 2019 9:18 pm
Taffy scans the room, searching for signs of life. He pauses a moment to listen for any answers to his calls.
OOC:
Assuming Taffy didn't hear anyone respond to his calls.

Rolls

Listen (20%) - (1d100)

(53) = 53

Oct 23, 2019 12:23 pm
As Taffy scans around he sees the corpse of a large black cat in the corner of the room, its head missing. An archway covered by a curtain of strings of hanging shells, leads to a kitchen. There is no sound other than the constant rain and thunder outside.
[ +- ] Mathis
Oct 23, 2019 2:53 pm
"Mary and Joseph!" Taffy mutters, looking back at the others wide-eyed. He then moves further inside, parting the shell-curtains to inspect the kitchen.
Oct 23, 2019 9:08 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to awsmack
Oct 23, 2019 9:10 pm
OOC:
Freddy, Mathis and Doc doing anything?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.