Absences

load previous
May 5, 2023 11:49 pm
Enjoy your rest, you've earned it.
May 6, 2023 12:35 am
Farewall Adam, I'll miss having you around. It was always interesting browsing through some of your excellent games and reading your creative community posts (Twas the night before Simril and the Advent calendar come to mind). I enjoy all the amazing features and guides that you created for the site during your stay and I had fun joining the effort as best I could by digging through your exciting developments to help you find and fix bugs. I've had way too much fun experimenting with the custom BBCode to see how far it can be stretched creatively. I get a surprising amount of satisfaction discovering new ways to leverage the custom sheets in interesting ways like the Dominoes/Cards idea XD I'm glad it helped inspire one of your tampermonkey tools.

I'm sad I never got a chance to play in one of your games. I was always fully committed when you started one. So I hope you return some day so I might get another chance, but I completely understand needing or wanting to take an extended break or moving on to new endeavors.

All the best!
May 6, 2023 1:27 am
Glad to have you Adam. One of the best GM's I've ever had. I hope to see you again some day. Until then, farewell.
May 6, 2023 3:13 am
Thanks @Adam I had some of the most fun playing DnD of my life in your Waterdeep caper and Avernus.

I also literally (well figuratively) laughed my ass off DMing your insane dorf in the Oz.

I am a little ashamed your last GP experience was my crappy DMing in the Golden Keys module, but being eaten by a mimic is about as iconic death for a character one can have in DnD, so there’s that.

I hope our paths cross again in this life, or the next.

You have a real talent for writing and crafting a DnD story.

Excelsior!
May 6, 2023 7:00 pm
thanks for all the site improvements Adam, and best of luck for whatever's next for you
May 7, 2023 5:51 am
Cheers Adam. So many thanks for everything you did here at GP -- the site and the community are much richer for your additions!
May 7, 2023 4:01 pm
Sorry to see you go Adam. Thanks for everything you did to enhance this community! Take care.
May 7, 2023 10:58 pm
I'm always absent
May 7, 2023 11:12 pm
Warmth of the Tavern blasted your worn weary bones as you pushed past the oak planked door. Did the heat originate in the cavernous fireplace filled with crackling logs dominating the far wall or was it found in the hum of companions sharing a draft, a boast and who knew what in those darkened corners the candlelight failed to reach. The answer was probably a bit of both but you were here to find @Adam, Master Storyteller, knowing his table occupied the nook in the back. You were a regular to his table so confusion contorted your face when only a pipe sat resting on the oval dark wood table.

Like many legends before him, Adam was gone but not the mark that he left on those that had visited the Tavern. Was it the sweet acrid smoke of the pipe that burned the eyes or the loss of a friend? The answer was probably a bit of both.
May 8, 2023 9:04 am
I'm surely going to miss Adam. He and I clicked so well, that we were in so many games together that we actively tried not to be in games together :)
Last edited May 8, 2023 11:00 am
May 9, 2023 5:13 am
Cheers everyone. I'm sure I'll be back when the itch next needs scratching.
May 9, 2023 5:49 am
Now that's good to hear.

Get thee to a patch of poison oak! (I mean that in the nicest possible way...)
May 16, 2023 9:17 am
Will be out of town rest of the week and may not post much. Will be back on my regular schedule on Monday.
May 18, 2023 7:22 pm
Apologies for the prolonged unannounced absence across the board. I'm still around, I promise, and I'll try to reply everywhere during this weekend or the next week. Though do feel free to ghost my characters as needed.
May 26, 2023 1:50 am
I’ve been out of touch the last few weeks due to medical and technical issues.

I think I have all the medical issues behind me, and the technical ones are 95% done… I should be back in the swing of things this weekend with a complete system restoration…
May 27, 2023 3:39 pm
Hey guys, sorry for the slow posts. We left on a cross country trip yesterday and will be gone for two weeks. I'll post as able.
May 28, 2023 8:29 am
Hi everyone, due to just general life busyness I will be taking a break of undecided duration from gamersplane. Thank you to the people I played with
Jun 2, 2023 6:34 pm
Over the next few weeks (probably about two months) my posting may be slower than usual. My wife is having hip surgery in a week and she will be on limited duties for about six weeks while it heals.
Jun 2, 2023 10:53 pm
Understandable. Hopefully the surgery goes well and she makes a rapid recovery.
Jun 12, 2023 7:45 pm
I've been a bit sporadic past few weeks and may continue to do so. I've had bad family news. (Touch wood fixable by surgery but I'm still having moments of distraction/panic)

This is scatter brained, so I may nee poking, reminding of posting etc. Trying to get myself up to date over next couple of days and go from there.

On top my housemate has had two bad sets of news of various kinds, so I may need to be around communal areas to make sure he's okay, which will take me away from pc.

SO still around just.. yeah poke me if need be.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.