Absences

load previous
Jun 12, 2023 7:46 pm
Best wishes that everything goes well, Light!
Jun 29, 2023 9:14 pm
Family issues... I won't be here for a little while.
Probably back at some moment next week.
Last edited June 29, 2023 9:15 pm
Jul 12, 2023 3:30 am
Camping from 7/13 - 7/16, won't be able to post.
Jul 13, 2023 9:03 am
I'm going on summer holiday with the family tomorrow. Will spend most of Friday and Saturday traveling. Will try to check in every evening, but may be too tired some days.

KCC

Jul 18, 2023 8:29 am
Might take a few (more) days away from GP. Just can not get a handle on what’s been messing with me the last few days. Sick since last Friday. Zero energy to do anything! I’ll try my best to get some posts in, but if you don’t see me, thats why!
Jul 18, 2023 10:32 am
Hope you feel better soon. We will still be here. Take your time and get well.
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 pm
Rest up, KCC. GP will be here when you feel better.
Aug 10, 2023 11:15 am
Probably won't post much rest of the weekend. My sister and her devil spawn is visiting with very short notice (the recent storm ruined their holiday plans so I stupidly offered my home to them and my office will be turned into a bedroom :P )
Aug 10, 2023 1:43 pm
Won't be online during these dates due to Family obligations: Sept 16 and 20, my birthday on September 26, Oct 28/29 for Halloween weekend, and March 2-10, 2024 (will be on a family vacation)as well as the holidays.

I'll continue to post once a day in the games I am in but am staying patient for everything and weekends I'm not online much either. Some games are slow to getting back right now anyway.
Aug 19, 2023 9:08 pm
Hey everyone! Those that I am in games with knew that I was going backpacking over the past week. Well, I've returned with an announcement. I'm stepping away from GamersPlane (and PbP in general). Prior to the trip I was having a hard time working up the motivation and inspiration for my posts, and I didn't think about my games at all while I was out and about. Now that I'm back, the difficulty has returned. And so I'm stepping away. I may return in the future, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Play-by-post has been a pretty wonderful thing that I discovered during the pandemic when I had just moved and was very alone. But now I have live games and an active social life, and this just isn't scratching the same itch anymore. In addition, I'm trying to focus on my professional pursuits both at work and in my hobbies. I appreciate everyone I've met here, and all the games I've participated in! And a special shout out to @Keleth for making such a great community!
[ +- ] My GMs and Players
Aug 19, 2023 9:15 pm
Cowleyc no! What a bummer to hear! You were always one of my favorites on this site, I hope you find your way back eventually. I will genuinely miss your presence here, don't forget you can always use toilet time to post ;)
Aug 19, 2023 10:37 pm
Very sad to read, cowleyc. I am glad you have in person games though, that's better than I'm doing! Haha hope to see you in the future if you get the spark back.
Aug 20, 2023 2:30 am
@cowleyc I enjoyed very much playing in the same game with you, as well as GMing two games with your participation. Great characterisation, thoughtful posts, and I did get to know you a bit better. Haeru and Eonas were memorable! Awesome times my friend, please let me be one of the first to know if you do return to PbP gaming, and if not, I wish you the best in your other pursuits!
Last edited August 20, 2023 2:37 am
Aug 20, 2023 2:37 am
I remember playing with you, cowleyc, it was a great time! Thank you for that, and good luck with everything you're planning. :>
Aug 20, 2023 3:40 am
You'll be missed cowleyc -- but glad things are going well. Come on back whenever you have the hankerin'!
Aug 20, 2023 5:34 pm
Awwww man. Sorry to see you go @cowleyc. It was fun gaming with you, even if my character was rendered a pile of mush by an ogre.

Wishing you good times in your future pursuits!
Sep 1, 2023 12:09 am
I will be leaving for the Strategicon convention tomorrow at 10am and will be gone until Sunday night. Might get some posts in between games but also might be drunk ;)
Sep 1, 2023 1:14 am
Enjoy!
Sep 1, 2023 7:26 pm
Hello all due to irl commitments and a recent miscarriage by my wife I need to step away for GP. Thank you all so much for the wonderful games and best luck adventuring.
Sep 1, 2023 9:52 pm
My condolences. Definitely take time for yourself and your family. That's what matters most. We'll be here if you ever feel like returning.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.