Absences

load previous
Nov 7, 2023 2:22 pm
Wow. It's good to be back. And I have to apologize for the absence.

The very end of September I went on vacation. I didn't post about it, because posting wouldn't have been an issue. Until my son was effing around and ran into me... long story short, mere hours into the trip my phone went swimming in water deep enough there was no recovery.

So I had to finish a two week vacation, get home, work for two weeks, wait another week to get paid, then wait for the store to deliver my phone.

So that happened.

But I'm back, and I'm going to start working on getting caught up.
Nov 7, 2023 2:43 pm
Welcome back!
Nov 7, 2023 2:51 pm
Thanks!

If I'm being honest... it was the dumbest thing possible. Which is pretty par for the course with me. I never have big things go wrong... it's always little things that go so much more wrong than you'd think possible.
Nov 7, 2023 2:56 pm
Welcome back. Sounds like a sitcom. hilarious, unless you are actually living it
Nov 7, 2023 3:35 pm
Man, you ain't lyin'.
Nov 7, 2023 7:35 pm
Welcome back! Glad to hear it wasn't anything health-related.
Nov 8, 2023 7:10 am
Traveling this week; was hoping it wouldn’t interrupt my posting schedule much… but it will, I now see. Back to normal habits by Friday night / the weekend.
Nov 8, 2023 11:46 pm
annex says:
Hi!
First off, I'm physically fine. I'm genuinely sorry for just disappearing. I continue to recover from double knee surgery way back in November, and I've been back to work for a while now. Between dealing with work, physical therapy, an already depressed mental state, and a disintegrating personal life, I was overwhelmed with anxiety. The thought of doing anything more than working, sleeping, and mindlessly killing things online filled me with dread, and I just retreated from all but the most vital activities. It's taken literal months to get back to a more positive mental state. Yay, modern medicine!
I want to apologize to the DMs and fellow players whose games I ghosted, and I especially want to apologize to my own players. I hate it when players and DMs vanish into the aether. I'm taking a few more weeks to finish work commitments, then I'll be on a month's vacation in mid-November. I'm hoping to slowly get back into posting on the Plane if my fellow players and DMs will have me back. If anyone's hesitant, I completely understand. Trust is earned, but I'd like to get back to something that brought me some joy.
Glad you’re slowly recovering/returning. I hope to see you in Greyhawk!
Nov 14, 2023 4:30 am
My posts will be dialed back and sporadic this week, I suspect - we have a couple birthdays in my house both hitting later this week and lots of my energy will be spent on that. I'm still here and will try to post where I can and frequently enough that I'm not slowing things down too badly.
Nov 14, 2023 7:54 am
2nd Cataract operation this Friday so another week away from screens after that.
Nov 14, 2023 8:32 am
Good luck, speedy recovery, hoping for a great outcome, KEG.
Nov 14, 2023 3:01 pm
Wishing you a smooth operation! Just had eye surgery myself, heal well!
Nov 14, 2023 7:27 pm
Good luck, Knifesedgegames!
Dec 11, 2023 6:03 am
Traveling for work this week. Should be posting still, but will be a little slow and might miss a day or two entirely. FYI, those who care!
Dec 12, 2023 3:53 pm
Get well soon, KEG!
Dec 21, 2023 1:37 am
I'm not traveling anywhere, but it's possible that I will be busy enough that I won't be able to post on Monday, 25 December (first day of Christmas). This may also apply to Saturday, 30 December (6th day of Christmas, when we're hosting a tabletop game day at our house). I will endeavor to post on both days, but I'm just setting expectations that I might not be able to get away to do so...both days are going to be very, very busy.
Dec 21, 2023 12:37 pm
Totally understandable @spaceseeker19. I think a lot of us will be slow to post the next couple of weeks.
Dec 26, 2023 6:28 pm
Sorry if I have been a bit slow to reply the last few days in addition to the normal holiday experience I have had some health issues with what may be gallstones and it has effected sleep (haven't slept a full nights rest in a week) and I am so tired all day. In addition work is moving to new location this week so not as much time to sneak in during work. So a perfect storm of annoyances.
Jan 31, 2024 7:08 pm
I'm going to be absent for a few days
Jan 31, 2024 7:35 pm
Thanks for the notice. Hope all is well.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.