Absences

load previous
Dec 19, 2017 2:15 am
My wife had an accident over the weekend and she is on bedrest for awhile. Accordingly, my free time in the evening is largely going to watching the kids, tending to her and doing the housework. I'll try to post but I'll be erratic posting for the near future.
Dec 19, 2017 2:22 am
Bummer Verrain. Best of luck for your wife. I hope she recovers quickly.
Dec 19, 2017 8:30 am
I’m going to be away from my computer until the new year. I’ll be able to post from my phone but it may be a bit less frequent and more consise than usual.
Dec 20, 2017 4:43 pm
I will be off the boards until the day after Christmas. Happy holidays, everyone!
Dec 20, 2017 4:46 pm
I’ll be away for a couple of days and on sporadically over Christmas
Jan 9, 2018 2:50 am
I hate to admit it, but I've had some medical and personal issues come into play which will slow down my posting considerably. If I'm showing things down, please feel free to move me along.
Jan 9, 2018 5:25 am
Hope things turn around for you, Irvanovich.
Jan 10, 2018 12:05 am
Horrible news everyone. I tried my HD swap and fan replacement on my Mac Mini tonight. Nothing was like the tutorial i saw on youtube, it required completely different screwdriver sizes, screws where there were none in the tutorial, tha SATA connector looked completely different, screws got stuck in screws got stuck in screws (it's a mac thing...), etc. It was a clusterfuck. Everything which could go wrong went wrong and my mac is pretty much just an expensive paperweight at this point...
Thankfully, I have a crappy backup laptop (hence this message), but with no main computer, my posting will be pertty hampered. Sorry for those playing in games I GM. For the games where I play, feel free to NPC my character if I go too long without posting. I'll try and see if I cannot find a replacement mac soon, but living in a remote area of my province, this might require me some driving around... If things go bad, I can always use my mother's laptop when she's not using it as a better alternative to this antique I'm currently using...
Last edited January 10, 2018 12:06 am
Jan 10, 2018 3:40 am
kalajel says:
Horrible news everyone. I tried my HD swap and fan replacement on my Mac Mini tonight. Nothing was like the tutorial i saw on youtube, it required completely different screwdriver sizes, screws where there were none in the tutorial, tha SATA connector looked completely different, screws got stuck in screws got stuck in screws (it's a mac thing...), etc. It was a clusterfuck. Everything which could go wrong went wrong and my mac is pretty much just an expensive paperweight at this point...
Thankfully, I have a crappy backup laptop (hence this message), but with no main computer, my posting will be pertty hampered. Sorry for those playing in games I GM. For the games where I play, feel free to NPC my character if I go too long without posting. I'll try and see if I cannot find a replacement mac soon, but living in a remote area of my province, this might require me some driving around... If things go bad, I can always use my mother's laptop when she's not using it as a better alternative to this antique I'm currently using...
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully you can find a replacement quickly
Jan 10, 2018 8:48 pm
I might be lucky after all. I called a place in Montreal today, described my problem and it seems to be pretty minor and they should be able to fix my computer. I'll bring it there tomorrow since i have to go to Longueuil anyways (the city on the south shore of MTL). So I might have it fixed either by friday or early next week...
Still going to cost me money though... oh well, at least I'll have my stuff back...
Jan 13, 2018 4:44 pm
lol, I'm always searching for this thread, thinking in it's either Site Discussion or Announcement... XD

Well, things seem to have been going as I planned. I'll have my mac back by monday, and by monday night, it should be business as usual...
Jan 13, 2018 5:55 pm
Glad to hear it! :-)
Jan 13, 2018 6:07 pm
I’m going on a cruise with the wife tomorrow for a week. Will post when I can but I will be intermittent at best.
Jan 15, 2018 12:44 am
szemely says:
Unfortunately real life priorities are rearing their ugly head once again. I'm going to have to take a leave of absence for a while and apologize to those who have one of my characters in your game. Please feel free to drop or ignore the character as you see fit.

For those of you in games that I'm running, I also apologize. I will keep the games open, but will more than understand if you choose to leave.

I plan on being back sometime after the holidays. Until then, happy gaming!! :-)
Well.... that sucked. What I miss? :-/
Last edited January 15, 2018 12:45 am
Jan 15, 2018 12:51 am
Welcome back!

Sorry for what you went through...
Jan 15, 2018 12:59 am
I didn’t go through anything that bad, just had to extend the break a bit...

Len

Jan 15, 2018 1:01 am
szemely says:
Welcome back!
Jan 15, 2018 1:39 am
szemely says:
szemely says:
Unfortunately real life priorities are rearing their ugly head once again. I'm going to have to take a leave of absence for a while and apologize to those who have one of my characters in your game. Please feel free to drop or ignore the character as you see fit.

For those of you in games that I'm running, I also apologize. I will keep the games open, but will more than understand if you choose to leave.

I plan on being back sometime after the holidays. Until then, happy gaming!! :-)
I'm ashamed to admit that I let out a little fangirl scream when I saw that you're back!
Jan 15, 2018 7:51 am
LOL @Naatkinson! Welcome back, @szemely!
Jan 16, 2018 3:31 am
Good news. My Mac is back and in working order. It took a good 3 hours to put my backup back on my HD, but at least I'm no longer stuck using a decrepit old laptop which sounds like it could die on me at any moment now...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.