Absences

load previous
Apr 11, 2016 8:58 pm
I'm having internet issues at the moment, both at home and mobile! Will resume normal service as soon as possible (probably within the week). Until then I will just post when I can catch some wifi.
Apr 13, 2016 1:10 am
Work travel day today -- in the airport, but about to board soon -- will see what I can get rolling before we take off.
Apr 16, 2016 11:17 am
For the first time in forever, my wife has a Saturday off. We're taking the kids on a mini-vacation, so it's likely I won't be available today.
Apr 19, 2016 10:49 am
Sorry haven't been available. Have an emergency surgery tomorrow. Will be out for a few days. Play any characters accordingly. Hope to be back by next week.
Apr 19, 2016 11:25 am
Cerris214 says:
Sorry haven't been available. Have an emergency surgery tomorrow. Will be out for a few days. Play any characters accordingly. Hope to be back by next week.
I hope whatever it is is manageable. Best wishes for the surgery and recovery!
Apr 19, 2016 2:00 pm
I may be sporadic if active at all over the next few days. I'm in a fleshed out depressive episode and am doing my best to keep above it. Doesn't help that my laptop is acting like a desktop that stays on for 15 minutes after its unplugged.

I know it's my site and I need to keep on top of everything here, but nothing's really been getting done for a bit anyway. If any char decisions need to be made, feel free to make them.
Apr 19, 2016 2:02 pm
Keleth says:
I may be sporadic if active at all over the next few days. I'm in a fleshed out depressive episode and am doing my best to keep above it. Doesn't help that my laptop is acting like a desktop that stays on for 15 minutes after its unplugged.
I hate to hear that for you, mate. Lemme know if you need anything.
Apr 19, 2016 4:01 pm
Sorry to hear about your troubles, Cerris and Keleth. Wishing you both the best, and looking forward to having you back.
Apr 19, 2016 6:18 pm
Retroactive absence alter!

For folks in my games, and for my Dungeon Master:
Sorry about the long delay, but the wife got a new puppy and that's been the focus for the last couple of days. I will be posting later tonight and tomorrow.
Apr 20, 2016 6:52 am
My best friend died last night. I came here to say I might disappear for a bit, but I think it's going to be the opposite. My closest circle of friends also happens to be my gaming group. We've been playing D&D for almost 30 years. But with kids and careers we haven't played in years. I don't think we'll be playing again anytime soon. So I think I'm going to be spending even more time here on GP than before. I'm already in more than two dozen games but damn, give me more. I need to play. I need this.
Apr 20, 2016 7:55 am
Commiserations Jabes. People have all kinds of ways to grieve, this seems as good as any of them.
Apr 20, 2016 11:11 am
Take care of yourself Jabes.
Apr 20, 2016 11:23 am
My condolences Jabes. We're here for you, and if you need to talk or rant or anything, I'll be glad to give you my contact info.
Apr 20, 2016 11:24 am
You got it, Jabes. You're in my thoughts, my friend.
Last edited April 20, 2016 11:25 am
Apr 20, 2016 1:05 pm
I'm so sorry to hear that, man, You'll be in my prayers. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.
Apr 20, 2016 1:07 pm
Keleth says:
My condolences Jabes. We're here for you, and if you need to talk or rant or anything, I'll be glad to give you my contact info.
What Keleth said. If you need it, you got it.
Apr 20, 2016 5:33 pm
Thanks, guys! I really appreciate it. :-) We've got a dice tower next to his ashes right now.

Here's what he said before, "Actually, what would be really awesome is if you turned my wake into an all-night gaming session like the ones we used to have. :-D But then I would REALLY hate not being there for that. Also the chapel might burst into flames."
Apr 20, 2016 5:47 pm
Hey, based on what you believe, he'd be there, in spirit or in mind! Sounds like an awesome person. Maybe it's high time we start organizing online games (Roll20 or such) through GP.
Apr 20, 2016 5:50 pm
I've been tempted to do a game over Google Hangouts one night...could be fun.
Apr 20, 2016 6:33 pm
Keleth says:
Hey, based on what you believe, he'd be there, in spirit or in mind! Sounds like an awesome person. Maybe it's high time we start organizing online games (Roll20 or such) through GP.
If Keleth's in, I'm in.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.