0.0 - Another Day On The Job

Nov 9, 2015 5:26 am
http://www.robinparrish.com/wp-content/uploads/insp2.jpg

It's a quiet dark night on the streets. Street lights buzz overhead. Your van pulls up across the road from a neon-sign-lit den of iniquity. The job seems straight forward. There is a gang head here. A bugbear named Claw has been running a protection gambit on many of the surrounding businesses. For once it seems you may be doing a public service for some extorted local business owners. A slight turn from your normal work. It also didn't pay a whole lot. A meager 100 GC total, but the work load has been lightening lately. A job is a job.

Checking through the docs on your datapad you see a picture of Claw and a few of his little goblin goons. The next picture shows Claw being flanked by his bodyguard, a hobgoblin named Scorch. The name is fitting as half of the creatures face has burn scarring across it. They are supposedly all hold up in this club owned by the bugbear. The job is simple. Eliminate Claw, get out.

Looking around the streets are definitely quiet tonight. Not many people passing by. It's beginning to drizzle. Time to go to work.

Everyone feel free to take this time for some introductory RP and start setting up for this simple job.
Nov 9, 2015 7:09 am
Breecha commits the images of Claw to memory. If one needed to look through Breecha's optics, they would see a thumbnail image of the bugbear in one corner with distinguishing marks of recognition cataloged and emphasized. The large robot waits in the back of the van, where the reinforced suspension is able to handle the extra weight. He sits facing the rear doors, a tactical habit that allows him a convenient exit once the double doors open, especially when entering a hot battlezone. Breecha's matte body seems to absorb what little light filters in from outside, but the worn corners and edges of his bulky frame glint with years of hard use.

The heavy doors do not have windows, so Breecha's red-lit optics cannot see the sparse crowd. Instead, his processors take the time to assess the condition of the large shield attached to his left arm. The pitted and worn surface still bear the burn marks from combat long before; perhaps they'll never buff out. An automatic pistol is holstered at his right leg, with a modified grip and trigger to accommodate his larger hand. When greater firepower is needed, Breecha has a double-barreled shotgun on two-point sling snug around his body; it also helps as a handy door-knocker. As a backup weapon, a solid rod of metal with a flanged head is secured horizontally at the robot's waist.

Breecha remains silent. The inventory of his special response vest flits across his field of view, reaffirming that he has the appropriate ammunition types and tactical gear ready and accessible. A warning indicator briefly flashes yellow and highlights the stock on slug-type shotgun shells is below minimal standards; he will have to bring this to Kessel Nor's attention later.
Nov 9, 2015 12:56 pm
Preserver sits just in front of BR33CH, or behind him if one orients the back doors of the van to forward since that is how the assault mech will be leaving. Preserver sits back to back with the larger bot, the blue light given off by Preserver's muscle fibers and nonfuntional bio-printers mixes with the red glow from BR33CH causing some interesting patterns on the walls of the van. Normally Preserver would enjoy inspecting the light show, but the case the team has pulled is forefront in his banks at the moment. Taking out this gang leader seems simple enough, and would bring relief to the local businesses who Claw extorts. But Preserver is a big picture kind of guy, or that's what he's been told. The bodyguard is processing known associates and rival gang memebrs. He can't shake the feeling that they might be "stepping on a butterfly" by removing Claw, but no particular scenario has surpassed a 30% probability rating. Nothing that he can see coming in to fill the void left by Claw is panning out as a significant threat. But Preserver can't shake the feelings of unease.
Nov 9, 2015 5:45 pm
Mack's in the driver's seat -- as the newest member of the team, he picks up a little bit of the menial work, like driving. But that's okay, he fancies himself a very capable driver or, at least, a lucky one. Despite the fact he's inside the van, he's still got his broad-rimmed hat on. It's well worn and is clearly well-loved. He looks over Claw and Scorch again and notes, "This Scorch one could be a little trouble. He's obviously seen something bad and is still standing."

He takes out one of the magically-imbued pistols he has -- its runes glowing softly in the dim light. Double checking the state of the pistol he preps the gun, and its partner, with the special shells he has prepped for today. "I've got a Magic Missile, a Thunderwave and a Sleep," he says to the team, warning them and... preparing them to provide tactical advice. "Otherwise, I think I'll be channeling firebolt. Perhaps Scorch has some latent fears of fire."
Nov 9, 2015 7:13 pm
"Hey, guys. Remember, if you want to find something out feel free to search it :)", the robotic AI voice of your datapad's helper AI chimes in. Since getting this thing you haven't been able to find the source of the voice program to change it. It's helpful to a point. It seems to enjoy hopping onto your coms as well when it thinks it may be helpful. It talks in cryptic tones, seeming to pull phrasing from all over RAIN.

GM. If you want to search up some stuff on RAIN do investigation checks to find out info you may or may not want.
Nov 9, 2015 7:22 pm
Kessel, riding shotgun, nods in response to Mack. Between the gunmage and Breecha, the team is armed to the teeth. This job Tymora found them really isn’t Kessel’s style. He’s more of the go in, get out clean kind of guy. If it can be done remotely then so much the better. But this is no time to get choosy. Kessel has racked up a substantial online gambling debt and he needs the credits. He speaks to PHANTOM.Nimbus, their A.I. helper, via the commlink, "Don’t we at least have a schematic of this roach den? Lemme see if I can dig something up." The technomancer's fingers dance across the datapad.
Last edited November 9, 2015 7:38 pm

Rolls

Investigate - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Nov 9, 2015 7:35 pm
Breecha says nothing, but the robotic equivalent of annoyance briefly flits across his bus. Military AI were never this talkative, and usually just gave the facts in a straightforward and timely fashion. And the usage of emoticons seems particularly frivolous.

Still, the AI's capabilities are useful, Breecha would have to admit that. PHANTOM's near-limitless research functionality far outweighs whatever eccentricities the AI possesses.
Last edited November 9, 2015 7:38 pm
Nov 9, 2015 8:14 pm
Well, gents, I'm not sure how you managed to find a job at a seedy strip club, ;) but I've found rudimentary specs. I'm sure city hall won't mind the back door access. The building is The Dragons Treasure. Here is the layout. Almost failed my INT check on that one.

Layout specs appear on screen. You see a first floor that has plenty of seating and a bar on the west wall. The center of this floor is dominated by a large stage where the performers are. On the east wall are some private booths. The south wall has the entrance right out front, the north wall has a set of stairs that lead up to the second floor. These stairs are restricted access as the second floor is secured for employees only. The upstairs forms a large ring around the top of the stages. You can see over the balcony to the floor below, giving good eyes on everything.

On the south wall of this second floor is a larger secured office with bullet proof glass one way mirrors. No doubt the guy your looking for may hold up here.

On the outside there is a stairway in the back alley that would get you up to the second floor, it connects to the north wall, but these stairs are usually guarded as well.
Nov 9, 2015 9:22 pm
"Phantom.nimbus, are there any security feeds that you can hack into? If we had Claws exact location when we start the assault it would minimize casualties and collateral damage."

Not sure if I should make a roll on that or let the A.I. do it. Let me know if I should.
Nov 9, 2015 9:27 pm
Sorry Preserver, you know I can't do more than data retrieval. If you want to hack a feed to view you will need to roll this one yourself, the AI chimes back, It seems the building is equipped with video feeds. Chances are it's a DC 15 check.

The AI always keeps making these odd references to checks, rolls, but you can't seem to figure out what sort of meaning they denote to you.
Nov 9, 2015 10:25 pm
"Is Claw a patron or a proprietor?" Mack asks, "That will likely have a bearing on where we might find him."
Nov 9, 2015 10:30 pm
Preserver's eyes dim as he sends his mind out onto the RAIN network and seeks the security feed for the club and attempts to break in.

Rolls

Hacking (investigate) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Nov 10, 2015 12:35 am
Preserver's optics cut off as he finds himself in a familiar digital representation of the world. His avatar looks around the blue haze of a street and sees the rudimentary wireframe representations of all of the buildings along the street. They are aglow with yellow pings of devices. Flying towards the opaque representation of the club Preserver outputs a hack into the sidewall and a small hole forms. He slips in unnoticed by any security protocols. Seeing the layout of the building inside he secretly tags all of the camera markers to output to his video feeds, and the groups com devices as well. If you have an audio com you can hear audio from any of the feeds listed. If you have visual com or other form of HUD you can see small thumbnail feeds.

There are 4 camera feeds. Two on the floor level where a particularly revealing show involving three female half-elves is going on, There is another one panning around the upper level balcony. You can see across the entire area from the stairs to the office on the other end. The last is a shot of inside the office. The bugbear and his hobgoblin bodyguard are in here doing some form of drug, it's hard to discern which one. There are two goblins in the room here and a few more are guarding the bottom of the stairs, the front entrance area. There is also a half-orc bartender keeping bar.

Most clientel seems to be humans, a few half-elves, some goblins, and some halflings. A varied crowd. There was no requirements for how queit or loud this job could get, but you are pretty sure some of the clientele is just honest citizens trying to unwind.
Nov 10, 2015 12:40 am
PHANTOM responds to Mack, Claw is the propriety of this establishment. Most likely a front for some other operation. Basic searching reveals nothing of other possible ties for this business. Though his BIZr score is only a 2.3 out of 10 stars.

BIZr is the Yelp of this world now. Also since Preserver went into RAIN directly (severing connection to the concious world to search something out, he could have added double whatever his Proficiency bonus is (generally 2 for first level characters) to his role. He can also choose to search around more inside the system if he wants, or he can return.
Nov 10, 2015 1:12 am
Breecha accepts the additional video feeds without question. He turns his head to address the occupants inside the van.

"Find Camera Feed For Alley In Back Of Building," he says, his words bulky and cumbersome as his processors were dedicated to combat, not conversation. "Ascertain Strength Of Security Presence Guarding Stairway To Second Floor."
Nov 10, 2015 4:19 am
Ah, yes. It seems the feeds that Preserver absconded with inside the building do not seem to show any of the outside locations to the building. Fine deductive work my grammatically challenged friend!, the AI chatters away with a faked accent, Beware Preserver. It's probably a DC15, but slip up here and the city is a lot more strict about finding hackers in it's network. Alarm bells may be the last thing you want in the area.
Nov 10, 2015 4:30 am
"Perhaps I should ask for assistance on accessing the cities systems. What say you fiends? Would someone like to run this hack instead? It is a good idea BR33CH-A had."
Nov 10, 2015 5:58 am
Kessel cracks his knuckles. "We'll have a better chance if we come at them from several directions at once. I have several algorithms here that'll have them chasing their own tail while I go in and piggyback on the data feed we need." His fingers continue to fly over the datapad as he unleashes a stew of hacker viruses int the city's network.

I don't know if that should still be an Investigate check (+2) or a Deception check (+5) or something else. Including a roll without modifiers.

EDIT: Oh snap! :-P
Last edited November 10, 2015 5:59 am

Rolls

hacking check - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Nov 10, 2015 12:16 pm
Kessel, I'm not sure if you understood the prime directive in your efforts. We have triggered a security protocol. We have about 20 minutes before they've noticed this infringement, after that it won't be long before they've converged on our location. I would suggest handling the job quickly at this point.

If still inside RAIN Preserver will see a flurry of security protocol activity on the vast grid that forms the city network. Their digital representation look like giant spiders. They crawl across the network like a large web. You are starting to see them in the distance as they are checking various nodes for the infringement Kessel has caused.
Nov 10, 2015 12:35 pm
Preserver gives one last look at the spider protocols letting himself muse over their digital forms and wether some spect of their code dictated their form or if it was simply the need of the organic designers to apply recognizable forms to the virtual contructs. The thought doesn't slow him down. He smoothly makes the transition back to his real-space form and lights up again.

"We're humped, bad luck there Kessel. We should move now before the authorities arrive. They probably wouldn't object to our mission, but they are serious about not getting hacked."
Nov 10, 2015 2:55 pm
"Lock and load then, gents! Let's hope that's the last bum luck we're going to get today. Let's move out!" With a thought, Kessel activates the sonic implant embedded in his skull, trigerring the soundtrack he's prepared for this mission. The audio feed is routed into the party's commlink. "You're gonna dig these jams, man!" says Kessel to Mack with a grin, before jumping out of the vehicle. "Breecha, let's break some doors down!"

"The Game Has Changed" by Daft Punk
Last edited November 11, 2015 4:02 am
Nov 10, 2015 4:09 pm
The van's rear double-doors open, and there is a soft whine as Breecha's joints smoothly uncoil. In the same motion, he draws his pistol from its holster. He exits the vehicle and moves in a tactical crouch towards Kessel, shield at the forefront.

OOC: We heading to the front door, or back? Breecha will follow Kessel, regardless; I just didn't want to over-commit to one or the other in my actions.
Nov 10, 2015 4:19 pm
"Quick, Breecha, gimme a tactical assessment of a frontal assault versus a breach through the rear." Even though Breecha defers to Kessel for orders, the technomancer sees the military A.I.'s superior tactical mind as a highly valuable asset.
Nov 10, 2015 4:24 pm
"Or perhaps a pincer move? BR33CH-A and Kessel go in the front. Mack and I will come in the rear, our quarry is less likely to make an escape, I would think."
Nov 10, 2015 4:43 pm
Mack quirks an eyebrow. "Well -- if we go in shooting the cops'll know for sure where the hacking started -- but perhaps with the hullabaloo here they'll think it was something gang-related given the fight we're about to have." He shrugs, "So -- do we go in hot and noisy or try and do this quiet like?"

Regardless, Mack follows Preserver towards the back door.
Last edited November 10, 2015 4:44 pm
Nov 10, 2015 5:37 pm
"Assessment: Two-Man Battle Teams Is A Good Tactic," Breecha responds. "But Target Is In South Room On Second Floor. Both Back Stairs And Interior Stairs Lead To North Wall On Second Floor. Security Of Back Door Unknown. Accessibility Through Back Door Unknown. Rear Entrance Battle Team May Be Delayed Bypassing Back Door Protocol."

Breecha continues, "Front Entrance Recon Shows Several Guards Inside At Stairs. Front Entrance Battle Team Outnumbered For Assault."

After some consideration, Breecha says, "Proposition One: Recon Back Door With Four-Man Fire Team. Eliminate Guards And Bypass Lock Through Electronic Key Or Forced Entry. Once Inside, Proceed Down Each Side Of Balcony To Office.

"Proposition Two: Enter As Four-Man Fire Team Through Front Entrance. Eliminate Guards At Stairs. Access Second Floor And Proceed Down Each Side Of Balcony To Office.

"Proposition Three: BR33CH-A and Commanding Officer Battle Team Secure Rear Entrance And Gain Entry. 9R353RV3R And Winchester Battle Team Enter Building As Clientele, Recon Stairs And Possible Resistance. Use Signals To Coordinate Assault. Once Back Door Breached, Eliminate Guards At Stairway, Rendezvous With Entry Team, Proceed Down Each Side Of Balcony To Office."

For those with optical HUDs, computer models overlay on the schematic of the club showing the possible routes.
Nov 10, 2015 5:44 pm
Almost as an afterthought, Breecha adds, "Proposition Four: Persuade Guards To Allow Entry To Target, Under Guise Of A Business Meeting."
Nov 10, 2015 5:44 pm
"Forget that last one. They'd never let you in for a "meeting." Proposition 3 seems our best bet. Mack? Preserver? We gotta decide quick, guys!"
Last edited November 10, 2015 5:46 pm
Nov 10, 2015 5:47 pm
Hey, guys, check the feeds Preserver nabbed. Front door. PHANTOM chimes in as Breech-a is listing out his plans.

On the front entrance feed you see a client come into the establishment. The front two guards frisk the man quickly and take a small pistol from him. Putting it into a temporary holding system. It would seem guns are taken at the door.
Nov 10, 2015 5:55 pm
Mack winces, "Thanks P-h." Mack likes nicknames. "I suppose that means I should take the back door if there's going to be some shooting." He considers, "Unless P-h you think they'd let me get in without any ammo. Seems like a long shot though." Hands on his holstered pistols he says, "Back door it is. If we go in the back door is there a chance Claw escapes without getting through us? That seems like the biggest risk to a 4-man fire team."
Nov 10, 2015 5:59 pm
"BR33CH-A, I completely agree with your assessments, and my opinion has changed. We should stick together. Going in the front we fight our way to the target, going in the back we likely end up fighting our way out if we act swiftly enough. I'm for the frontal assault. Then we can choose the best way out."
Nov 10, 2015 6:02 pm
Mack pulls out his pistols. "The frontal assault it is. Can one of you keep an eye on the feeds and see if Claw makes a break for it?" Mack then heads towards the door of the establishment. "I'd rather not be the first one through in case they start throwing punches. I bruise easy."
Nov 10, 2015 6:08 pm
"Breecha, the door, if you please".

If there's a security cam at the front door, Kessel kills it at the same moment Breecha blows the door down. (On/Off cantrip)
Last edited November 10, 2015 6:09 pm
Nov 10, 2015 6:14 pm
Don't forget travelers, you may want to ready yourself for action. A fast approach will gain you surprise. Better make use of it. PHANTOM relays over the comms.

GM. You will get a free surprise round. So you can ready actions and make the best of things. After everyone has gone we can roll initiative for how this will play out.
Nov 10, 2015 6:20 pm
OOC: What kind of door(s) are at the front entrance? One single door that opens to which side, or double doors? Also, based on the feed, which side of the door are the two guards located? I am assuming they're goblins?
Nov 10, 2015 6:23 pm
The front entrance consists of two wooden doors. From the video feed you saw two goblins, one on either side of the doors. They were wearing slick suits, and you would guess with the attire they probably have handguns strapped in side holsters underneath the jackets.
Nov 10, 2015 6:36 pm
The assault robot proceeds towards the front entrance. He pushes through the double-doors and moves his shield to his left to block off the guard. With his right hand, Breecha raises the pistol and uses the opportunity of surprise to aim, and fires at the goblin on the opposite side.

Rolls

Pistol vs Goblin, Damage - (1d20+4, 2d6)

1d20+4 : (19) + 4 = 23

2d6 : (52) = 7

Nov 10, 2015 6:52 pm
As Breech-a enters the building the Goblin to the right of the doors, without looking up starts to say, "Weapons." As he looks up his look becomes wide-eyed bewilderment. The goblin tries to say something as he is blasted with the pistol, he is knocked back about a foot by the sudden hit.

The other one, Cut, shouts, "Scratch! Shit!" As he scrambles to try and inholsters his weapon.

Just before this all breaks out you see the feed that was watching the front door go to static as the camera is switched off.

Damage:
Scratch (goblin): 7 dmg
Cut (goblin): 0 dmg
Nov 10, 2015 7:06 pm
Mack follows Breech in through the door and fires off Firebolt through his left-hand pistol.

Rolls

Firebolt (I think I'm doing this right) - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Nov 10, 2015 7:09 pm
As the hammer of the gun slams down Mack expects a mote of fire to erupt from the gun. Unfortunately instead the spell fizzles and only a small puff of smoker flows out of the barrel.
Nov 10, 2015 7:26 pm
"Mother of a wereboar!" Mack grumbles.

OOC: Of course I meant 1d20+3 not five, so subtract 2 and my initiative is 7. As in 7 ways to die.
Last edited November 10, 2015 9:17 pm

Rolls

Initiative for next round - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Nov 10, 2015 7:33 pm
OOC: Rolling initiative for when everyone else has taken their surprise actions.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Nov 11, 2015 1:34 am
Preserver side steps Mack and his fizzled shot then moves in around the left of BR33CH-A to engage the left door guard (Cut). A blade seems to unfold in his hand as he thrusts into the shocked doorman.

Rolls

Scimitar attack. - (1d20+6, 1d8+4)

1d20+6 : (4) + 6 = 10

1d8+4 : (4) + 4 = 8

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Nov 11, 2015 2:40 am
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/20/0f/f7/200ff7ad2b7ece334f10c857469e54de.jpg

Cybernetic mods, long practice, and the aid of a powerful entity he doesn't yet fully understand have given Kessel certain abilities and powers of technomancy. Not only is he able to manipulate electrical devices with a mere thought, he is also capable of altering his own body’s biochemistry as if he himself were a hackable machine.

Kessel storms in, trenchcoat-tails flying, just a step behind Mack and Breecha. Moving in well-practiced tandem with his teammates, Kessel shifts left, following the sweep of Breecha's shield. Eldritch runes mixed with digital symbols, imprinted on his skin, glow as his body's cells rearrange themselves, pumping ions, preparing a bioelectric assault. Kessel thrusts his hand out and a beam of crackling energy streaks toward one of the goblins guarding the stairs.
Last edited November 11, 2015 3:23 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Poison spray damage - (1d12)

(2) = 2

Eldritch Blast vs. Scab - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Eldricth Blast damage - (1d10)

(10) = 10

Nov 11, 2015 3:05 am
As Mack's shot fizzles Cut lets out a loud laugh, as he reaches to draw his gun. His laugh is cut short when a blade enters his gut and drops him to the floor. His pistol undrawn. Preserver has taken out Cut, as he drops to the ground Scratch is trying to stand back up from the shot he received but looking down he just sees a gaping hole in his chest, just before he succumbs as well.

As the gunfire rings out in the club the patrons, and the three half-nude girls on stage all start screaming and running like crazy. The girls jump off-stage and start heading towards a small back-room under one of the stairs. Patrons start scrambling to get around the crazy guys with guns and hide where they can.

Kessel, sweeping in behind the group launches an eldritch bolt that weaves around the crowd and finds its way buried in the chest of Scab, he slumps forward to his knees the keels over dead.

The bartender, Brute, drops down behind the bar, gaining full cover from it.

GM. Sorry, didn't realize Breech-a Killed Scratch with his hit. The other targets are two goblins guarding the stairs on the other side of the club, Scab and Mace, the half-orc bartender, Brute, and a few guards you saw on the feed upstairs, although they are out of view of spells right now.

Preserver > Breech-a > Mack > Kessel > Goblins > Bartender

Damage:
Scratch (goblin): 7 dmg (dead)
Cut (goblin): 8 dmg (dead)
Scab (stair goblin): 10 dmg (dead)
Mace (stair goblin): 0 dmg
Brute (bartender): 0 dmg

Rolls

Goblin Initiative - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Bartender Initiative - (1d20+0)

(1) = 1

Nov 11, 2015 4:30 am
GM. Updated my last post for corrections and for Initiative. Preserver is first in the order.
Nov 11, 2015 6:42 am
Preserver dashes toward the bar and makes a hurdling leap over the bar to engage with Brute the bartender. Preserver strikes to wound, hoping he doesn't need to take more lives that necessary tonight, even if they are evil lives.

Rolls

Attack on Brute - (1d20+6, 1d8+4)

1d20+6 : (6) + 6 = 12

1d8+4 : (2) + 4 = 6

Athletics to jump the bar (if needed) - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Nov 11, 2015 7:06 am
Breecha proceeds forward into the room, towards the stairs. It is a tactical advance, allowing him to cover some ground and still maintain a protective distance near Kessel. The pistol is brought to bear upon the goblin remaining by the stairs, and after a brief pause for practiced aim, he fires.

CancerMan sent a note to PhantomNimbus

Rolls

Pistol vs Goblin, Damage - (1d20+4, 2d6)

1d20+4 : (1) + 4 = 5

2d6 : (25) = 7

Nov 11, 2015 12:22 pm
Preserver runs to vault over the bar but a surprise step catches him off balance and instead he slams into the side of the bar, he lashed out with his blade but Bruiser, hearing the commotion, is all too aware of the impending attack and swiftly dodges it.

Breecha levels his pistol at the remaining guard by the stairs. The wall next to the creature erupts in a spray of drywall as the lucky creature winces from the miss.

Preserver > Breech-a > Mack > Kessel > Goblins > Bartender

GM. No new damage.

PhantomNimbus sent a note to CancerMan
Nov 11, 2015 3:03 pm
Mack grumbles, as he follows Breech into the room. Seeing that Breech's shot misses the lone goblin remaining at the stairs, he aims is right pistol and fires again.

OOC: think damage is 2d8 on firebolt, but don't have my PHB, as a result, rolling it as 1d8 1d8 in case it's just 1d8. Don't remember if my int counts as a damage modifier, so I've left that off.

Rolls

Fire fire fire! - (1d20+5, 1d8, 1d8)

1d20+5 : (4) + 5 = 9

1d8 : (4) = 4

1d8 : (4) = 4

Nov 11, 2015 3:11 pm
Having a stroke of bad luck, Mack fires off his other pistol and finally a satisfying crash looses a small mote of fire that streaks across the club, but unfortunately his aim was off and it streaks past the guard and into the wall behind him.

Preserver > Breecha > Mack > Kessel > Goblins > Bartender

GM. No damage change. The damage on firebolt is 1d10 actually. I don't believe any modifier adds to that. Just your spell casting modifier for the attack roll.
Nov 11, 2015 3:54 pm
Kessel strides forward, staying just a half-step behind Breecha. The technomancer launches another beam of energy at the remaining goblin at the top of the stairs. At the same time, he watches the hacked video feeds being routed to his optical implants to check on any activity on the second floor.

Rolls

Eldritch Blast vs. Mace - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Eldricth Blast damage - (1d10)

(5) = 5

Nov 11, 2015 4:23 pm
Kessel, launches another bolt that catches Mace in the gut. The energy crackles across his skin as he grits his teeth at the pain. He keels over right next to his compatriot.

Added dice for crit with spell. Turns out Mace died. Updated goblin turn.

-- Goblin Turn --

As Kessel is watching the feeds upstairs he sees two more goblins emerge from the office room upstairs. The one that was upstairs watching the back door has also come over to the railing and is looking down to the first floor to see what is happening. While most have had small handguns so far this one has a small SMG. Die you bastards! he screams as he burst fires without aiming at the group.

Spray will do a burst fire attack, normally you have to make a DC 15 dexterity save to avoid damage from the weapon but he is getting a little too zealous with a gun that is a little too large for him. So it's only DC 10 Dexter save to avoid damage. This will affect Kessel, Breecha, and Mack. Preserver moved out of range.

The other two new goblins take their time getting over to where they can see the first floor as well but don't have time to get a shot off yet.

-- Bartender Turn --

Brute pops out from behind the bar holding a double barrel sawed off shotgun. Unfortunately his proximity to Preserver is too close to get good aim so he just free shoots in his direction.

Bartender shoots at Preserver but close proximity gives disadvantage on ranged attack.

Damage:
Mace (stair goblin): 7 dmg (dead)

Spray (smg goblin): 0 dmg
Sully (upstairs goblin): 0 dmg
Grunt (upstairs goblin): 0 dmg

Rolls

Mace Attack vs Breecha - (1d20+4, 1d8+2)

1d20+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

1d8+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Bartender vs preserver (disadvantage) - (1d20, 1d20, 2d8)

1d20 : (1) = 1

1d20 : (2) = 2

2d8 : (58) = 13

Extra damage for Kessels Crit. - (1d10)

(2) = 2

Damage for those that don't avoid SMG burst fire. - (2d6+2)

(55) + 2 = 12

Nov 11, 2015 8:04 pm
Preserver spares a moment to check behind him, glad to see the bartender's shotgun blast didn't harm anyone else brings his scimitar to bare once again against the brute.

I think that hacking roll ate up all of Preserver's good rolls for the time being! Yikes.
Last edited November 11, 2015 8:05 pm

Rolls

Scimitar attack on Brute - (1d20+6, 1d8+4)

1d20+6 : (2) + 6 = 8

1d8+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

Nov 11, 2015 8:07 pm
Brute, clearly seeing the incoming blade, uses his shotgun to deflect the blow away from himself.

GM. Miss.

Nov 11, 2015 8:25 pm
OOC headed for a plane, soon, so posting out of order.

Mack quickly spins around, his duster fluttering about him as he dances through the spray from the goblin with the SMG. Pointing his guns up at the goblin he fires again, looking to put the thing down.

OOC: If Breecha takes out that goblin, Mack will shoot one of the ones at the top of the stairs instead.

Rolls

Dodge, baby, dodge (dex) - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Fire, fire, fire! - (1d20+5, 1d10)

1d20+5 : (18) + 5 = 23

1d10 : (6) = 6

Nov 11, 2015 8:27 pm
Breecha continues undaunted by the submachinegun fire, trusting in his shield and armored bulk to protect both himself and those near him. He adjusts his pistol aim towards Spray and pulls the trigger.

OOC: Does Breecha's reactive Protection, which imposes Disadvantage on attacks against the target within 5' of me (in this case, Kessel and maybe Mack if he's in range), apply towards their DEX saves?

Rolls

Dex Save vs Spray - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Aimed Attack vs Spray, Damage - (1d20+4, 2d6)

1d20+4 : (12) + 4 = 16

2d6 : (16) = 7

Nov 11, 2015 9:51 pm
Breecha takes a good hit from the spray of bullets, but returns fire at Spray. The shot goes right through the goblins head. Spray slumps forward and flips over the railing of the second floor and lands on a table on the first floor, his SMG clatters to the ground.

Breecha takes 12 ballistics damage. Technically this isn't a standard attack as he doesn't have to roll for attack. He just sprays 10 bullets. I'll go ahead and say if you use protection on someone it will add +2 to their saving throw. You can only do one target though, as you only get one reaction per round.

Mack, spinning through the hail of bullets unscathed, seeing Spray drop focuses on Sully. His shot catches the goblin square in the shoulder, but he stays on his feet.

Damage:

Spray (smg goblin): 7 dmg (dead)
Sully (upstairs goblin): 6 dmg
Nov 11, 2015 10:52 pm
Breecha stalls as he shifts his shield to grant Protection to Kessel. His own spec-resp vest helps take the brunt of the submachinegun rounds, but enough of the impact affects him through its Resistance to trigger warning indicators about exterior damage.
Nov 12, 2015 12:02 am
Kessel will get an additional +2 on his Dexterity save roll against the SMG damage.
Nov 12, 2015 10:14 am
Kessel instinctively ducks behind Breecha's shield as Spray opens fire. Having deprived himself a clear shot at the goblins, he launches an energy blast at the bartender instead.

Rolls

DEX save vs SMG (including +2 from Breecha) - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Eldritch Blast vs. Brute - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

damage - (1d10)

(9) = 9

Nov 12, 2015 2:36 pm
As the bartender is trying to wrestle some distance from Preserver a bolt catches him in the side. He winces as it singes his skin.

-- Goblin Turn --

Sully, taking a solid hit aims and fires back at Mack. Why won't you die!? he shouts down as he fires.

Grunt, shouts back towards the office they emerged from, There's four of em'. I'll take care of them!. He pulls out a small grenade. He fires off a shot without aiming towards Kessel. Grunt spends the rest of his turn trying to figure out how the heck to use this thing. He's thought about using it a lot, but has never done this before.

-- Bartender Turn --

Still up close and personal with Preserver, Brute blasts off the second barrel towards Preserver. He then cracks open the double barrel shotgun and drops in another two shells, flicking it closed with a practiced move.

Bartender fires again with disadvantage for proximity, then reloads with his bonus action.

Damage:
Brute (bartender): 9 dmg

Rolls

Sully vs Mack - (1d20+4, 1d8+2)

1d20+4 : (2) + 4 = 6

1d8+2 : (7) + 2 = 9

Grunt vs Kessel - (1d20+2, 1d8+2)

1d20+2 : (11) + 2 = 13

1d8+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Brute vs Preserver (disadvantage) - (1d20, 1d20, 2d8)

1d20 : (2) = 2

1d20 : (10) = 10

2d8 : (45) = 9

Nov 12, 2015 7:53 pm
Mack points with his gun, "Grenade!"
Nov 12, 2015 8:01 pm
Hearing the shouted warning of "GRENADE" Preserver heads for the only potential cover he can see and rolls his body over the bar so that he is now on the same side as Brute. Then he takes another stab at the bartender hoping that those two barrels don't get a chance to fire again.

Rolls

Athletics to roll over the bar - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Scimitar Attack on Brute - (1d20+6, 1d8+4)

1d20+6 : (8) + 6 = 14

1d8+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

Nov 12, 2015 8:06 pm
Preserver finally connects his blade into the bartenders arm. A grimace of pain crosses his face but he keeps upright. The two are now toe-to-toe behind the bar.

Damage:
Brute (bartender): 16 dmg

Grunt (upstairs goblin): 0 dmg (grenade!)
Nov 12, 2015 10:14 pm
Breecha resumes his way to the base of the stairs. His optics track upwards to the two threats above, and pick out the red-highlighted warning of explosives. He takes aim and fires his pistol at Grunt.

Rolls

Pistol vs Grunt, Damage - (1d20+4, 2d6)

1d20+4 : (14) + 4 = 18

2d6 : (33) = 6

Nov 12, 2015 11:03 pm
Mack also takes a bead on Grunt and fires. He's not certain if Breecha's shot will do enough damage to take the goblin down or not, but he'd rather that grenade didn't go off down here among his colleagues. His pointed gun flashes briefly as a bolt of fire shoots forth towards the goblin.

Rolls

Fire! - (1d20+5, 1d10)

1d20+5 : (2) + 5 = 7

1d10 : (10) = 10

Nov 13, 2015 3:10 am
Breecha locks on target and hits Grunt pretty square on as the goblin is now smacking the grenade trying to get it to activate. He is staggered back half-a-step by the force.

Mack's shot follows almost immediately on the footsteps of Breecha's, but as the goblin staggers back he is knocked out of the line of fire of Mack's shot.

Damage:

Grunt (upstairs goblin): 6 dmg (grenade!)
Nov 13, 2015 6:00 am
Keeping in step with Breecha, using the assault bot's bulk for protection, Kessel heeds Mack's warning: that grenade-toting goblin needs to be taken out! He sends a blast streaking towards it.

Rolls

Eldritch Blast vs. Grunt - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

damage - (1d10)

(5) = 5

Nov 13, 2015 6:17 am
The eldritch blast catches Grunt as he is now gnawing on the grenade and uttering an unending stream of goblin curses. The bolt drops him and the grenade lands, inactive, on the carpet upstairs.

Almost forgot this guy doesn't have a shield. PHB AC is based on shield.

-- Goblin Turn --

Sully, seeing his compatriot fall, and the grenade roll free dives on the floor to pick it back up, also moving him out of range to be seen from the first floor you are all on.

Sully drops prone and picks up the grenade. He is now considered in full cover to all of you, unless you were to go upstairs.

-- Bartender Turn --

Brute, running out of room and options takes another attempt to AIM the shotgun and fire it at preserver. He roars, Die you rust bucket piece of shit! as the shot finally connects.

Still disadvantage for proximity, but aiming to add +2 to rolls. Post-roll: Note, I had disadvantage so I take the 19, this isn't a crit.

Damage:

Grunt (upstairs goblin): 11 dmg (dead)

Rolls

Brute vs Preserver (disadvantage) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2, 2d8)

1d20+2 : (19) + 2 = 21

1d20+2 : (20) + 2 = 22

2d8 : (46) = 10

Nov 13, 2015 7:06 am
Preserver goes down in heap.

I am at 0 exactly with that shot, taking away 2 for the ballistic DR on my armor. Making a death saving throw.

Rolls

Death save 1 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Nov 13, 2015 7:16 am
PHANTOM chimes in over the comms, I do believe one of the bots has gone down. 360 no-scope, that one.

Preservers circuits do their best to knit back together and fire. He seems to be making progress even as the bartender chortles over his demise.

That's one success. Two more and you're stable. Though still unconscious. If anyone can use a healing spell, or item, would be good about now.

Nov 13, 2015 7:29 am
Breecha's HUD flashes red as the silhouette of Preserver indicates massive damage. Not wanting to leave someone behind, Breecha turns and draws a bead on the bartender, aims, and fires his pistol.

Rolls

Pistol vs Bartender, Damage - (1d20+4, 2d6)

1d20+4 : (11) + 4 = 15

2d6 : (15) = 6

Nov 13, 2015 12:00 pm
Breecha gets a solid hit on the bartender, but Brute still doesn't drop. He grits his teeth again and growls, You're next, scrap pile.

Damage:
Brute (bartender): 22 dmg

Sully (upstairs goblin): 6 dmg (grenade!)
Nov 13, 2015 4:18 pm
Mack considers going after the goblin with the grenade or the bartender. "I'm on the grenade" he calls, knowing that there is risk to them all if that thing gets flung down here, and certain that Kessel and Breecha can handle the bartender who has got be running on fumes at this point. Mack charges up the stairs...

OOC: Can I get into visibility to see the goblin and fire in the round? If I do -- how successful does he looks like he's being with the grenade? I may choose to use Thunderwave to push him and the grenade back away if he's looking close.
Last edited November 13, 2015 4:18 pm
Nov 13, 2015 4:28 pm
Mack is able to get to the stairs and up just a little ways.

It's hard to judge exactly how well he is doing with it, but he certainly has it in his hand now. You also have sight on him so you can cast, shoot, or whatever you want. using all your movement gets you maybe a quarter of the way up these stairs. Enough to get line of sight.
Nov 13, 2015 6:17 pm
...upon seeing the goblin, Mack opens fire -- again with firebolt -- his guns kapowing with bright flashes.

Rolls

Shooting a goblin with a grenade... - (1d20+5, 1d10)

1d20+5 : (10) + 5 = 15

1d10 : (10) = 10

Nov 13, 2015 6:23 pm
Just as the goblin grins from ear to ear, knowing it finally has grasped the tool of the intruders demise, a sudden flash of flames engulfs the creature. His grip on the grenade looses and it rolls a little further away. The goblin flails around a bit before being still.

Fumble! The ball is loose. Sully moves no more.

Preserver > Breecha > Mack > Kessel > Bartender

Damage:
Brute (bartender): 22 dmg
Nov 13, 2015 8:07 pm
"P-h," Mack asks, "do we have any intel if Claw has moved from the office?" Mack's considering putting that grenade to good use.
Nov 13, 2015 8:13 pm
Checking the video feeds..., Phantom says, ...it looks like Claw and Scorch are still hold up in the office. It seems the office door is securely locked, I can see the doors security system, but can't hack it. They are watching through the large one-way mirror in the front of the office.

Anyone who has a HUD or optics to view the feed see a big bugbear in a duster pacing back and forth with a pistol in his hand. He still seems to be wound up on whatever drug they were doing. Scorch is just standing in one place watching everything unfold. He has an SMG in his hands. You may guess he is better at using it than the late goblin, Spray.
Nov 13, 2015 10:16 pm
Kessel keeps moving. He hustles up the stairs after Mack and sends another bolt flying Brute's way. "What's the play, Mack? How're we getting into the office? Just have Br33cha break the door down or have you got something else in mind?"

Rolls

Eldritch Blast vs. Brute - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

damage - (1d10)

(10) = 10

Nov 13, 2015 10:20 pm
As Brute is leveling his shotgun at Breecha a bolt slams into him and he howls in pain as he is taken up off his feet and crashes into the shelf of bottles behind him. He slumps to the ground dead.

Brute is down for the count. He ain't getting back up from that one. With that we drop out of timed combat and people can RP as necessary. I think Preserver is still down for the count. Someone may want to aid him.
Nov 13, 2015 10:43 pm
Mack looks back over his shoulder, "Looks like it's a secure door. P-h says that Claw and Scorch are still in there. I was wondering if we could maybe make the door open wide enough for a grenade then shut it again. See if we can't soften up the office a little bit. Speaking of which, how's Preserver? Anyone got anything that can help get him up and running again real quick-like?"

OOC: This is where I recall that our druid (and thus the guy with access to healing) is the guy on the ground.
Last edited November 13, 2015 10:44 pm
Nov 13, 2015 11:33 pm
Preserver sputters as he tries to sit up, but the shotgun blast seems to have left him very disabled. he falls down again

Rolls

Death save 2 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Nov 14, 2015 12:05 am
Two saves down, rust bucket. PHANTOM chimes in over comms. He is doing his best imitation of the bartender.

Everyone can try a heal check if they would like to at least stabalize him. Otherwise he will have to make another throw here.
Nov 14, 2015 12:48 am
Since the immediate threats have been neutralized, Breecha stomps over to the bar to try and recover Preserver. Using his own self-knowledge of robotics, Breecha attempts to stabilize his fallen comrade. Of course, Preserver is a completely different construct, but Breecha makes the best of what he can see, and know.

As he checks on Preserver, Breecha speaks to PHANTOM. "Download Specifications For Security Door. Determine Success Rate For Kinetic Breach With Blunt Force, And Ballistic Breach With Shotgun." As his HUD scans the building schematics once more, Breecha adds, "Determine Integrity Of Interior Wall."

OOC: Not sure what I'd use to make a Heal Check, so I picked Medicine

Rolls

Heal Check (Medicine?) - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Nov 14, 2015 12:49 am
Kessel jogs back to the bar and checks on Preserver. He shakes his head and mutters, "I wish I had my repair kit on me." He takes Brute's shotgun and tosses it to BR33CHA, "Grab this and that SMG, and cover the rear door upstairs, unless Mack needs you for something else. I'll try to get Preserver up again before I try to pick that locked office door open."

Kessel searches behind the bar for a key to the office, a datapad to control the establishment's security systems or utilities, or anything that might help them get access to Claw.

OOC: I believe that's a Medicine failed check. Do I just keep trying?
Last edited November 14, 2015 12:55 am

Rolls

Medicine (stabilize Preserver) - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Nov 14, 2015 1:03 am
Mack trots back down the stairs and offers some pointed advice to Kessel. "No no. Not that button, the one behind that panel there."

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Nov 14, 2015 3:03 am
Breecha does as commanded. He arms himself with the shotgun (1 shell remaining), and retrieves the SMG from the floor at the base of the stairs. He makes a decision to forgo the shield in order to use the two-handed firearm, and trains the sights to the rear door.

In the meantime, Breecha keeps some processors dedicated to watching the activity in the office feed.
Nov 14, 2015 4:09 am
Mack is able to stop most major systems failures and puts out a small sparking fire in Preserver's chest cavity. The bot is stabilized, but still the systems are in a powered down state.

Preserver is stable now, but unconscious. Without a healing spell or item he will remain stable, but unconscious for an hour. After that he gains 1 hp and wakes up.

Breecha acquires the double barrel shotgun and light SMG. The shotgun has 1 shell and the SMG reads 10 rounds left. The video feed still shows Scorch just standing behind the mirror watching. You see Claw walk over to a small box on the wall and hold down a button. Suddenly a similar box behind the bar crackles and you hear a gruff voice.

Look, I don't know who you are, or what you're doing here, but you have no idea what you're messing with here. Leave now and I promise not to rip your arms off immediately, the box suddenly crackles off as Claw walks away from the box.

Behind the bar Kessel finds the box producing the noise. It has a small button on it. There is also a healing stim hidden behind the bar.

Healing stim functions as a potion of healing.
Nov 14, 2015 4:23 am
"Aha!" Kessel applies the healing stim to Preserver's hydraulics. Then he hits the button on the intercom, "You just sit tight, Claw. We'll be right with you."
Nov 14, 2015 4:30 am
As Kessel injects the stim into a pot on Preserver the magical energy starts to cause the circuits to boot and fire once again.

Preserver gets back 2d4+2 HP and will be active again.

The call box crackles once again. Who do you think you're talking to whelp! Claw waits on no one!
Nov 14, 2015 4:38 am
Mack nods approvingly to Kessel, "Good job." He looks back towards the office. "Do you think you can hack the door open enough to roll a grenade in? Might be nice to soften these guys up." To Breecha he asks, "Breech - do you have video into that office? Are they carrying anything particularly menacing? I don't have a pad handy when I've got my hands on my guns."
Nov 14, 2015 4:42 am
Kessel helps Preserver up. "Good to have you back, buddy! Now let's get that office door open, shall we? Wouldn't want to keep Claw waiting." Kessel goes upstairs and examines the door. As he does so he calls Breecha back from covering the rear door. "Hey Breecha, I might need ya to cover me while I do this. Phantom.Numbus, ya got those assessments Breecha asked for?"
Nov 14, 2015 4:50 am
Mack follows Kessel, "Remember, the idea is to open it up just enough to roll the grenade in. Then preferably shut it again. Quick like."
Nov 14, 2015 5:32 am
Do I have the assesments? Are you really asking me that, PHANTOM quips in an almost snotty tone, If you're looking to just bust through that door good luck. It's solid steel and reinforced to work as a blast door. The mirror up front will take a blasting as well without cracking. That shotgun may as well be a feather if you want to take it to the door. there is a brief pause in the assessment.

Now that last idea, I think bucket head finally thought outside the box. You could try and break through the walls around the door, a DC 15 strength check could bust a good hole for getting the grenade through, or you could try and do maybe 8 points of damage with the shotgun to achieve the same effect.
Nov 14, 2015 5:51 am
Breecha responds, "Target Armed With Pistol. Secondary Target Armed With Submachinegun." He sets aside both shotgun and SMG and re-arms his shield. "I Will Take Point. Once Door Is Accessed, I Will Position Shield In Opening And You Can Launch Grenade."

As PHANTOM provides the assessment of the wall, Breecha looks to the others for the course of action. Internally, his processors want to try breaking through the wall instead of the door.
Last edited November 14, 2015 6:05 am
Nov 14, 2015 6:01 am
Kessel looks to Mack, "Whaddya say, Sheriff?"
Nov 14, 2015 6:05 am
Preserver sits up as the stem pack knits his bio matrices back into working order. He shakes his head as his optics realign. "Did any body get the regs of the truck that hit me?' Suddenly he realizes where he is and what is happening and leaps back to his feet in a defensive swordfighter's stance.

Rolls

Stem Pack heal - (2d4+2)

(22) + 2 = 6

Nov 14, 2015 3:00 pm
"Preserver, it's good to see you up and at 'em again." Mack works his way back up the stairs. "I might be able to shoulder into the wall to make a big enough hole. What do you think Breech -- want to keep that round in the chamber for something useful or shoot a hole in the wall?" He looks around for something to push through the wall other than his shoulder if he can help it...
Nov 14, 2015 3:39 pm
"I'm sure Breecha can punch right through it. With his mace if necessary. You just be ready with that grenade, Mack. Then Breecha can make sure they don't toss it right back out at us. After the grenade goes off I'll get the door open and in we go. Alright, Breecha, you heard the man with the plan. Execute."
Last edited November 14, 2015 3:40 pm
Nov 14, 2015 4:19 pm
Mack nods, "Sounds good." He preps the grenade so when the time comes he doesn't have to fiddle with the fiddly bits without knowing what he's doing.
Nov 14, 2015 4:55 pm
Breecha turns, and purposefully heads to the part of the wall near the door. Shield armed, he slides his mace from its holster, draws the flanged head back, and smashes it against the wall.

Rolls

Attack vs Wall, Damage - (1d20+4, 1d6+4)

1d20+4 : (10) + 4 = 14

1d6+4 : (1) + 4 = 5

Nov 14, 2015 4:59 pm
The mace cracks into the wall. It put a good dent in it but didn't create a hole yet.

From downstairs you hear the crackle of the voice box again, What the hell do you think you're doing. Do you have a death wish? I'm warning you, leave now or you will never leave this place alive!
Nov 14, 2015 5:02 pm
Breecha commits a note to internal memory to requisition a dedicated pneumatic battering ram. He continues his orders and once again attempts to create a hole in the wall.

OOC: Forgot to add proficiency bonus to attack roll.

Rolls

Attack vs Wall, Damage - (1d20+6, 1d6+4)

1d20+6 : (20) + 6 = 26

1d6+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

Nov 14, 2015 5:05 pm
Breecha hefts his mace again and makes a perfect hole in the adjoining wall into the office. The grenade will fit through nicely.

As Mack inspects the grenade two things become clear. This grenade has a two-part trigger mechanism like most grenades. A hand trigger on the side, and a button on top. It's a cylindrical grenade about 4 inches long and about an inch in diameter. If you pull the trigger without holding the button, the grenade just flashes red and won't activate.

The second thing that he becomes aware of is that this is an incindiary grenade. Unlike a standard explosive grenade this does less damage but there is a chance that the enemies will be set on fire and take continual fire damage until they can put out the flames.
Nov 14, 2015 5:08 pm
Kessel drops into RAIN to attempt to open the door the moment the grenade goes off.

Rolls

Hack the door open - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

Nov 14, 2015 5:26 pm
Preserver takes a position to enter the door right after BR33CH-A
Nov 14, 2015 6:00 pm
Mack presses the button and pulls the trigger then pops the grenade into the office through the hole. "Breecha, not sure if your shield can help make sure it doesn't come back out or not, but if so, please cover the hole!" Once that's done, he steps back to get range on the door and readies his pistols.
Nov 14, 2015 6:02 pm
Breecha obediently complies, positioning his shield over the hole in the wall. He watches the office feed on his HUD to gauge the occupants' reactions and threat assessments.
Nov 14, 2015 7:59 pm
The grenade plops in through the wall, the light on top flashing green as Mack triggers it just before tossing it in. Though the wall, and if you have the camera feeds, you hear Claw shout, Shit! Get down!, as he dives behind a desk in the office trying to get cover. Scorch, oddly enough just stands where he has been standing. He turns and sees the grenade hit the floor but instead of running or hiding he simply stands his ground and levels his SMG towards the wall.

There is a sudden flash, and a dull thump, as the grenade more pops than explodes. Flaming motes of napalm splash across much of the room. Despite the flames leaping right at him Scorch seems entirely unaffected by the blast or the flames swirling all around. He instead fires a shot into the wall, hoping to hit Breecha on the other side.

Claw on the other hand has a mote of fire hit him directly. His fur and duster instantly catch fire as he growls in pain. Scorch, kill those bastards!

At that moment Kessel triggers the door from inside RAIN and it slides up instantly with a choof. The battle begins.

The grenade goes off, and Scorch makes an attempted shot at Breecha, he will be at disadvantage for not knowing exact location, and any damage from the gun will be at -8 because of the wall soaking up damage from the bullet. Scorch also appears to be immune to fire. I'm going to just drop these two at the end of the order since you guys positioned to get ready, I'll say you get enough of a drop on them to make it count. Also saves from rerolling new initiative.

Preserver > Breecha > Mack > Kessel > Scorch > Claw

Damage:
Scorch (hobgoblin): 0 dmg
Claw (bugbear target): 4 dmg (on fiya!)

Rolls

Claw Save vs Fire - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Fire Damage on Claw - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Scorch vs Breecha (disadvantage) (-8 damage) - (1d20+4, 1d20+4, 2d6-6)

1d20+4 : (18) + 4 = 22

2d6-6 : (22) - 6 = -2

Nov 14, 2015 8:30 pm
Through the open door Kessel extenda his hand, shaped like a claw, at Scorch, cursing the hobgoblin. The technomancer mutters an activation phrase, and his cells reorganize themselves again, co-mingling, triggering reactions. He extends his other hand and a jet of choking, noxious vapor spouts from it, engulfing Scorch.

Kessel shoots from the doorway, and ducks out of sight after as he prepares his next move.

Hex
1st-level enchantment
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: 90 feet
Components: V, S, M
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour
You place a curse on a creature that you can see within range. Until the spell ends, you deal an extra 1d6 necrotic damage to the target whenever you hit it with an attack. Also, choose one ability when you cast the spell. The target has disadvantage on ability checks made with the chosen ability.
If the target drops to 0 hit points before this spell ends, you can use a bonus action on a subsequent turn of yours to curse a new creature.

I choose to impose disadvantage on CON checks.

Poison Spray
Conjuration cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 10 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous
You extend your hand toward a creature you can see within range and project a puff of noxious gas from your palm. The creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw (DC14) or take 1d12 poison damage.
Last edited November 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Poison Spray damage - (1d12)

(5) = 5

Hex damage - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Nov 14, 2015 11:10 pm
Preserver bursts into the room. His empty whirs and clicks as it transforms into sonic cannon formation. He positions himself so that both Claw and Scorch are in front of him and unleashes a wave of thunderous noise that causes loose debris in the room to go flying.

::casting Thunder wave, I hope that it is possible to get both targets in range. If the distance is to great I am ok with only getting Scorch in the blast because he is out in the open. I assume Claw has some cover. So DC 14 Dex throw or take the spell damage and be pushed 10 feet straight back from Preserver. Half damage and no push effect if they make the save.

Rolls

Thunderwave damage - (2d8)

(45) = 9

Nov 14, 2015 11:55 pm
"Advisory: Remain Here," says Breecha to Kessel and Mack, indicating their relative safe position behind the bulletproof glass and obstructing wall. "Suppress Targets From Range; Keep Their Heads Down."

Breecha leaves Brute's shotgun and Spray's SMG at the doorstep as backup weapons for Kessel and Mack, and enters the fiery room. He crouches down behind his shield and positions himself slightly in front of the open door to give them some cover with his bulk, while still providing the two a firing lane. Breecha aims his pistol at the hobgoblin and squeezes the trigger.

Rolls

Pistol vs Scorch, Damage - (1d20+4, 2d6+2)

1d20+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

2d6+2 : (54) + 2 = 11

Nov 15, 2015 1:43 am
Preserver weaves his way into the room first and is able to juke around to the side of Scorch which lines the two targets up almost perfectly. The shockwave hits both targets but Scorch adjusts his stance and keeps his ground, Claw who is currently flailing around trying to put out the flames is not so lucky and goes flying backwards like a giant fireball.

Scorch saves and takes 4 damage. Claw takes the full 9 and goes flying. He is still on fiya!

As Breecha looses some ammo on Scorch he seems to swirl around the bullets as he spins sideways, leveling his gun again towards the door.

No damage from Breecha.

Damage:
Scorch (hobgoblin): 4 dmg
Claw (bugbear target): 13 dmg (on fiya!)

Rolls

Scorch Dex Save - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Claw Dex Save - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Nov 15, 2015 4:02 am
Mack considers his options, then quickly slides some special ammo into his guns before firing. In rapid succession three shots fire and move unerringly into Scorch as he casts Magic Missile through the arcane focus of his pistols.

Rolls

Magically Missiled. - (1d4+1, 1d4+1, 1d4+1)

1d4+1 : (1) + 1 = 2

1d4+1 : (2) + 1 = 3

1d4+1 : (4) + 1 = 5

Nov 15, 2015 4:32 am
Scorch tries another spin to dodge the shots, but as he moves Mack's shots track his movements instantaneously. He is struck square on three times.

10 damage to Scorch from Mack.

Kessel's poison spray overtakes Scorch. He struggles against the newly placed hex to fight the poison. He coughs as the cloud overtakes him and the hex compounds the pain.

Another 7 damage to Scorch from Kessel.

-- Scorch Turn --

Waving away the choking cloud Scorch burst fires the SMG near the door. Preserver and Breecha are caught in the spray of bullets. You want to see fire! I'll give you a firefight!

Preserver and Breecha will need to make DC 15 Dex saves or take Spray Damage (ballistics) as rolled.

-- Claw Turn --

As the flames covering Claw scorch him he flails attempting to put them out. He can't however seem to put himself out. He roars loudly as the fire continues to burn him.

Claw takes another fire damage at the start of his turn, then spends his action trying to put himself out...unsuccessfully.

Damage:
Scorch (hobgoblin): 20 dmg
Claw (bugbear target): 14 dmg (on fiya!)

Rolls

CON save vs Poison (disadvantage) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (17) + 2 = 19

1d20+2 : (4) + 2 = 6

Spray Damage - (2d6+2)

(16) + 2 = 9

Claw Attempting to Put Out Fire (DC10) - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Fire Damage to Claw - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Nov 15, 2015 6:07 am
Preserver tries to close with Scorch and slip past his spray of bullets, unfortunately he doesn't make it and he goes down in a heap again.
Last edited November 15, 2015 6:09 am

Rolls

Dex save vs. Spray - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Nov 15, 2015 6:23 am
Preserver falls inoperable again.

You will not have to start death saving throws until next round.

Nov 15, 2015 6:34 am
Breecha tries to duck behind his shield to avoid the spray of submachinegun fire. A majority of bullets impact his chassis, and the damage is felt through his armored vest. He raises his pistol in retaliation, aims, and fires back.

OOC: Half-damage of 9 is 4.5. Do I round up or down in these cases?
Last edited November 15, 2015 6:38 am

Rolls

DEX - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Attack vs Scorch, Damage - (1d20+4, 2d6+2)

2d6+2 : (66) + 2 = 14

Nov 15, 2015 3:52 pm
As the bullets strike Breecha his aim is thrown off and his shot goes wide of Scorch.

No damage to Scorch. For half numbers always round down. So you only take 4 damage.

Nov 15, 2015 4:39 pm
Mack swaps out to Ray of Frost, given Scorch seems to have his name due to some magical barrier he appears to have with respect to flame. The arcane runes on his pistols glow blue rather than red-orange and emit beams of frost where once bolts of fire came out... and miss.
Last edited November 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Rolls

Ray of Frost - (1d20+5, 1d8)

1d20+5 : (2) + 5 = 7

1d8 : (1) = 1

Nov 15, 2015 5:17 pm
Scorch seems more put off by the flying beams of ice than the flames that are starting to spread through the room. The Ray, however, whizzes past without connecting.

Nov 15, 2015 7:53 pm
Shooting around the doorframe, Kessel sends another gout of poison gas at Scorch. Damage readouts from Breecha are flashing across Kessel's optics. "Pull back, Breecha. Concentrate of defense." Turning to Mack he says, "Our bots are in bad shape, Chief. What's the play?"

DC 13 CON save or take the damage. Scorch is still Hexed, CON saves/checks at disadvantage.
Last edited November 15, 2015 7:56 pm

Rolls

Poison Spray - (1d12)

(8) = 8

Nov 15, 2015 8:02 pm
Scorch is hit by another choking cloud of poison. He sputters and coughs as the poison claws at his nose and throat. He is still up and moving, even as the hex compounds the damage on him. His breathing is ragged and he isn't looking in the greatest shape.

Damage:
Scorch (hobgoblin): 30 dmg
Claw (bugbear target): 14 dmg (on fiya!)

Rolls

CON vs Poison (disadvantage) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

1d20+2 : (13) + 2 = 15

Added Hex Damage - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Nov 16, 2015 4:00 am
-- Scorch Turn --

Scorch, still coughing heavily shifts a bit to get a better bead on Breecha. He aims the SMG and fires. "Let's see how many of you I can take with me", coughs out. His words ragged and hoarse.

Single SMG shot at Breecha.

-- Claw Turn --

Claw, still on fire, feels the fire singe him again as he flails to put out the flames. He finally seems to get the fire that has been consuming him put out.

Claw spends his action putting out the flames.

Damage:
Scorch (hobgoblin): 30 dmg
Claw (bugbear target): 17 dmg

Rolls

Scorch vs Breecha - (1d20+4, 2d6+2)

1d20+4 : (18) + 4 = 22

2d6+2 : (46) + 2 = 12

Claw Fire Damage - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Claw putting out fire (DC 10) - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Nov 16, 2015 4:19 am
Seeing Breecha go down, Mack calls to Kessel, "Let's wrap this up, if you've got any bigger guns handy!". On that note he steps in to ensure Claw and Scorch are within range and fire his Thunder Wave at the floor triggering it against Claw and Scorch with the loud crack and rumble of nature's fury!

Rolls

Thunder wave damage - (2d8)

(51) = 6

Nov 16, 2015 4:20 am
The bullets riddle Breecha's chassis, and his systems shut down due to the catastrophic impact. The red lights in his optics flicker and fade as he remains knelt by the doorway.

Rolls

Death Save - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Nov 16, 2015 4:52 am
As Preserver and Breecha both struggle to keep their systems from being completely fried, Mack steps into the room to line up his targets. Scorch and Claw try and keep their footing as the blast flies through the room.

Scorch manages to keep his footing, though he gets struck by a few flying objects. Claw again loses his footing and is flown into a wall and lands prone.

Dammit, Scorch! I said take them out!, Claw groans, holding his side.

Preserver still needs to make his first death save for his turn. Kessel is free to act, but I'll hold off on enemy turns until I see the results from Preserver.

Damage:
Scorch (hobgoblin): 33 dmg
Claw (bugbear target): 23 dmg (prone)

Rolls

Scorch Con Save (Disadvantage) (DC 13) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (12) + 2 = 14

1d20+2 : (17) + 2 = 19

Claw Con Save (DC 13) - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Nov 16, 2015 5:07 am
*BZZZ* *FIZZT-FIZZT*

Rolls

Death save 1 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Nov 16, 2015 6:16 am
"Dammit!" Kessel yelps as Breecha goes down. "I'm givin 'em all I've got, Mack! You're the gunslinger!" The half-elf shoots another gout of poison at the hobgoblin.

Rolls

Poison Spray vs. Scorch - (1d12)

(4) = 4

Hex damage - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Nov 16, 2015 6:20 am
Another cloud of choking poison wafts towards Scorch, Will you...*cough*...cut that shit out!, he manages to choke out as he tries to wave the vapors away. As he tries to talk he inhales too much poison. The compounded hex effect wears away at his vital organs and he drops to his knees. The SMG he was holding clatters to the floor. He falls forward onto his face, blood seeping from his mouth and nose.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Big hit from Kessel drops Scorch. He isn't walking away from this one.

-- Claw Turn --

Getting back up to his feet Claw is cornered in his office. Finally not on fire and finally not being thrown across the room, he does the only thing he can do. He levels his pistol at Mack, takes aim, and fires. I've had enough of all of you! Time to die!

Aiming and firing his standard Pistol at Mack.

Preserver > Breecha > Mack > Kessel > Claw

Death Saves:
Preserver: +1/-0
Breecha: +0/-1

Damage:
Scorch (hobgoblin): 41 dmg (dead)
Claw (bugbear target): 23 dmg

Rolls

Scorch Con Save vs Poison (disadvantage) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (7) + 2 = 9

1d20+2 : (6) + 2 = 8

Attack on Mack - (1d20+4, 1d10+2)

1d20+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

1d10+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Nov 16, 2015 6:51 am
+++ Shutdown Primary Processor +++ ERROR
+++ Engage Auxiliary Drive +++ ERROR
WARNING! Backup Systems Critical! Advise Shutdown Sequence To Avoid Memory Loss!
Last edited November 16, 2015 6:52 am

Rolls

Death Save - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Nov 16, 2015 7:05 am
*BZZZT*

Rolls

Death save 2 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Nov 16, 2015 12:44 pm
Preserver is almost stable, Breecha unfortunately is almost fried. Mack or Kessel may want to try and do something about that...

Death Saves:
Preserver: +2/-0
Breecha: +0/-2
Nov 16, 2015 4:25 pm
Mack runs up to the side of the door, preferably in partial cover and does what he can to stabilize Breecha. "I think he's got a short that's causing some problems here. Perhaps if I reboot his autochronic metaboliser he's stabilize until we can get Claw sorted," he shouts to Kessel. "Do me a favor and drop that guy -- we're going to need to make a swift exit."

"On second thought gimme a hand with this if you can."

OOC: Do we have any special kits on hand that help make stabilizing automatic (e.g. a healing kit, but for robots -- it'd seem like this would be standard fare for us to have. I'd flip a destiny point ;) for such if possible). I'd like to avoid the cruelty of the RNG if possible.
Last edited November 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Nov 16, 2015 4:30 pm
As Mack tried to triage the robot sparks shoot out. This doesn't look like a short. The bot's sensors continue to fire off various systems warnings.

No new harm to Breecha, but the repair effort didn't succeed.

Saving Throws:
Preserver: +2/-0
Breecha: +0/-2
Nov 16, 2015 4:34 pm
Suddenly over comms crackles a new voice. One very familiar, Guys, what the hell is going on. I'm reading crashing systems on both Preserver and Breecha. I thought we were going to try this quiet! You need to use the repair kit to stabalize Breecha, now!, Tymora orders. After a moment of silence she gauges you silent shock as response enough, Did you not see the repair kit I loaded into Breecha's back compartment?

Mack flips open the compartment and out falls a repair kit.

This will indeed do as you need. Since we never had a chance to really shop before the craziness broke out I'll give you this one. To be fair you guys have been rocking the fire fight this far. Time wise this is after Macks failed repair attempt so Kessel will have to take his action to use the kit.
Nov 16, 2015 8:15 pm
Kessel fumbles with the repair kit and gets to work on Breecha. "If I reverse the polarity, maybe...just maybe..."

Rolls

Repair (Medicine) - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Nov 16, 2015 8:19 pm
Tymora chimes in again, Good, looks like Breecha is stable at least. Preserver almost has his systems back online, just make sure we don't lose him either. These bot's aren't easily replacable, guys. Get them back here in one piece and I'll fix them up.

For future reference, and because I forgot, healing kits automatically stabalize. You don't need to roll with them.
Nov 16, 2015 9:11 pm
Claw, seeing odds are starting to turn against him, and Scorch in a pile on the floor, runs over to his bodyguard's body and grabs a small black rectangle from inside his overcoat. He throws the device towards the backwall of the office, that is facing the street. As it hits it seems to suction or magnetize to the wall and starts beeping. It rapidly beeps faster, then the beep turns into one long droning beep.

The front-wall of the building, and office, suddenly flashes and erupts outward. A gapping hole is left in the side of the building. Standing back up from prone Claw looks between Mack, Kessel, and the hole in the wall. You think it was going to be that easy. Do you have any idea who I am?! When I tell my boss about this he is going to rip every extremity from your body, one at a time!

Claw uses most of his movement to pick up a device from Scorch's body, uses his action to throw it against the wall, blowing a hole in it. Then stands up with the rest of his movement. He then, stupidly, decides to mock you one last time before leaving. Taking up the rest of his turn.

Damage:
Claw (bugbear target): 23 dmg
Nov 16, 2015 9:33 pm
"Make sure to keep your head down! That guy still has a weapon!"

Mack moves to intercept Claw, putting his not insubstantial bulk in the way in order to prevent his timely exit. When he's in position, or as close as possible to being so, he'll bring up his pistols and fire in an effort to finish the job. "Who do you think hired us, you dirt bag?" Sure, it's probably not true, but if he does get out it'll make him think...
Last edited November 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Rolls

Firebolt - (1d20+5, 1d10)

1d20+5 : (7) + 5 = 12

1d10 : (4) = 4

Nov 16, 2015 9:43 pm
As the firebolt streaks through the air Claw, uncharacteristically, ducks the shot with some grace. He now sees Mack standing between him and the newly made hole in the wall and a wicked smile crosses his face.

Unfortunately, a narrow miss. Hopefully Kessel is ready for this one.

Nov 16, 2015 10:59 pm
Kessel strides into the room and hacks Claw's biology, making him more vulnerable to what's coming next. Then he engulfs the bugbear in a gout of poison.

Hex is still active. Bonus action to designate Claw as the target. Imposing disadv on CON check/saves.
Action to cast Poison Spray. DC 13 CON save.

Rolls

Poison Spray - (1d12)

(6) = 6

Hex damage - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Nov 16, 2015 11:17 pm
Mack is not a wimpy human, and doesn't think any stinking bugbear is going to push him out of a hole.
Nov 17, 2015 12:19 am
The bugbears grin parts and a deep chuckles starts to emit from him. The bugbear stands about 5 foot, a bit short for a bugbear, but he is built of almost pure muscle. Even if I don't live through this, at least I know one thing, you are going to meet your maker with me" he says as he starts to lean into a full run. Kessel steps in silently behind him and looses a cloud of poison but the bugbear is already off his mark and charging Mack.

Kessel misses with poison, and thus no hex damage.

Rolls

Con Save vs Poison (disadvantage) - (1d20+1, 1d20+1)

1d20+1 : (19) + 1 = 20

1d20+1 : (14) + 1 = 15

Nov 17, 2015 12:26 am
As Claw is in stride he prepares to hit Mack.

Strength to shove Mack out the hole in the wall. If Claw wins the contest they will both fly out and fall. Mack can either use strength to oppose Claw, which would stop him in his tracks. Or acrobatics to avoid the hit entirely, more than likely causing Claw to run past and out the hole.

Rolls

Strength vs Mack - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Nov 17, 2015 12:48 am
+++attempting system reboot+++

:::OH COME ON!!!! This site hates me!:::
Last edited November 17, 2015 12:49 am

Rolls

Death saving throw 3 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Nov 17, 2015 2:51 am
Crap! Guys, Preserver just had a critical memory loss. His systems are crashing hard. Can someone get over there and help him?, Tymora chimes in again.
Nov 17, 2015 3:59 am
Mack buckles down and puts his shoulder into Claw's oncoming rush. He pushes back hard as the bugbear gets in close in an effort to ensure he's pushed back, and preferably prone, so he can fire a firebolt or two into him before he has a chance to try to escape again. "Kessel -- you'd best stabilize Preserver with that kit you picked up! Looks like he's sparking out!"
Last edited November 17, 2015 4:00 am

Rolls

Strength to resist - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Nov 17, 2015 4:08 am
Claw hits Mack as though he would hit a brick wall. He falls back and lands prone against such strength.

Good catch Mack, just realized repair kits, like healers kits, have 10 uses. Also it's Mack's turn now. You don't use your action to contest a shove.

Damage:
Claw (bugbear target): 23 dmg (prone)
Nov 17, 2015 4:15 am
Mack aims and fires, and hopes he gets a bonus to hit the prone guy next to him if he needs it!

Rolls

Firebolt - (1d20+5, 1d10)

1d20+5 : (13) + 5 = 18

1d10 : (8) = 8

Nov 17, 2015 4:28 am
Looking up in a daze the last thing Claw sees is Mack outlined against the flames that have spread to much of the room. His silhouette holds out a single revolver and fires it. Claw falls back, dead.

About time you guys wrapped up this job, PHANTOM says over the comms, I'm picking up multiple emergency services heading this way, not to mention those network security spiders have just found the camera we tried to hack, they are dispatching peace keepers to the area. We may want to move.

Since you were within 5 feet of Claw you should have gotten advantage on the attack roll, though it doesn't matter, you killed him. If you were more than 5 feet from him as he was prone you would have been at disadvantage.
Nov 17, 2015 4:31 am
The bug is right, you should get those bots stable, get out to the van, you have to get out of there, Tymora says, you hear her fingers clacking like lightning across the keyboard, I'm putting in a few red herring tracers, that should at least cover our tracks, but it's time to go boys.
Nov 17, 2015 4:31 am
Bug? Who are you calling bug? I'm a highly sophisticated AI, little missy, PHANTOM quips back.
Nov 17, 2015 4:32 am
"Kessel get Preserver stabilized and let's get him rolling. I'll try and coax Breecha up and out." Mack would rather not carry one of these things, but if he has to, he has to. He quickly strides over to Breecha and half-lifts, half-coaxes the warforged up, "C'mon, let's get you down stairs and back in the van in a jiffy."
Nov 17, 2015 4:34 am
Mack assumes that discretion is the better part of valor here, though he wishes he had some time to search the room. Between the emergency services and the flames, however, he gets the signal and figures he's used up enough luck today.
Nov 17, 2015 4:40 am
GM Note: As it stands, I believe that both SMGs and the shotgun have been dropped. Breecha left the first two guns behind with someone while he blocked the door, I don't think anyone has picked up Scorch's SMG. I just figure it's only fair to mention that stuff so anyone can narrate if they do stop to pick things up or anything.
Nov 17, 2015 6:02 am
OOC: How long until Breecha can re-activate, now that he is stable? Never mind, just saw the OOC discussion.

There is a quiet chime as Breecha's auxiliary backup systems processors come online and he enters into Safe Mode. Like a rusty tin man, Breecha slowly clanks in the direction provided. His red optics are dull, as though only the barest essence of power is being used to run the most-basic systems.
Last edited November 17, 2015 6:18 am
Nov 17, 2015 6:19 am
PHB lists it as 1d4 hours. I'll cut it down to an hour, fortunately you guys are going to be out of there, and if you get back to base Tymora is going to put you back up to full anyway.
Nov 17, 2015 6:59 am
Mack shoulders Breecha to help him keep his balance, uncertain how well his gyroscopics work in Safe Mode. "Watch the stairs there, buddy." Mack mutters, easing the warforged down the stairs and past the bar towards the van. "Time to make ourselves scarce." Should Kessel and Preserver seem to be taking their time, Mack will dart back in to assist... otherwise, he'll get into the driver's seat and warm up the van.
Nov 17, 2015 5:03 pm
Kessel uses the repair kit on Preserver to regain some rudimentary function, then he helps the bot on its feet. "Easy there, buddy." On the way out he picks up an SMG (or two if he can manage it). The two make their way to their van outside.
Nov 17, 2015 5:15 pm
As you get both of the bots loaded I to the van and start pulling away a portion of the flaming building collapses as you start to hear the wail of sirens in the distance. You drive away from another successful mission. Another day on the job. After you get back to headquarters Tymora chastises you about keeping the bot's in working order as she fixes them to full operating capacity.

You also seem to have all learned a good deal from the experience.

700xp each for a well earned second level and then some. 300 gc is also transferred to your group account by whoever hired you for the job. No name was given.
Nov 17, 2015 5:17 pm
Mack fusses over the bots and Tymora, while she works on them and chastises Mack all the while. "Yes, yes." he mutters from time to time. And, "It's not my fault!" Once they are back in a semblance of working order they each get a hearty claps on the backs of their chassis.

Mack also finds an opportunity to suggest, "Maybe we should spend some of those GC on potions or autofixkits."
Nov 17, 2015 5:28 pm
Breecha remains plugged into the mainframe as diagnostic programs run through regression tests to ensure things are operating adequately. His red optics are bright as he replays the last mission to preserve the team's tactical qualities and, perhaps, consider what they could have done differently and achieve the same form of success.

One of the system daemons finds a null pointer exception in Breecha's self-preservation software. Seems this bug prevented Breecha from successfully using the backup failsafes when outer components received damage, which could have enabled the mech to continue fighting for a bit longer. A monitor next to Breecha signals this, calling for attention to remedy a patch.

Rolls

2nd Level HP - (1d10+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Nov 17, 2015 9:07 pm
Preserver sits upright on the table. "What happened? Did we succeed? It would appear so as our account has been credited the appropriate amount...RESTART IN PROGRESS." The bot shuts down and slumps in his sitting position. A moment later he springs back to life and leaps from the slab he was on detaching the wires that were monitoring his repair. His entire frame spasms and his plating pops and flexes over biosynthe muscles.
"Bio printers online and functional. Adaptive camouflage mode now available."

Preserver looks over his arms and hands. He turns to Kessel and Mack with a smile. "Check it! Upgrade!"
Last edited November 18, 2015 12:27 am

Rolls

Hit points - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Nov 17, 2015 9:51 pm
Mack flashes a smile and a thumbs up to Preserver. "Good to have you back in action." He spends a good portion of his day with several different kinds of books open, pouring through the arcana as he figures out where he'd like to spend more of his time and attention. "I'm thinking evocation since.. really, it's all about shooting things..." But he's undecided for now.

OOC: Mack takes 4+CON for hitpoints -- he doesn't trust the RNG.
Nov 18, 2015 1:56 am
Tymora kind of gathers you all up later after the bots are brought back to working order and have had systems upgrades run.

I know Mack had mentioned we need some supplies. We are running low on repair kits, we have next to nothing for ammo. Honestly at this rate we were lucky you didn't total the van on that last one. Some healing stims would be useful for everyone. Unfortunately, after that last... job... we may need to lay low and stay away from more legitimate shops. Surveillance may be keeping an eye out for you guys. I've been hearing the news reports of the club in the slums that burned down, she says as she flips on a vid screen in the shop. Running news reports are already showing footage of the club completely engulfed in flames, and mostly crumbled. It looks as though a bakery next door may be at risk of going up as well.

So, I've arranged a meeting with an old... let's call him acquaintance. He is head of a substantial black market and may be able to get us supplies on the cheap. We go back a ways. The only downside is..., she pauses trying to find the right words, ...he is a cambion. I mean at this point I don't know if we can be picky. I mean you just blew up a club for 300 GCs. I'm going to try and scrounge up so more work for us through some boards I know. Can you guys pick up the supplies?, she asks as she holds out a small scrap of paper with an address written on it. It appears to be down in Skullport, the docks district.

A Cambion, as most of your characters will undoubtably know, are half-human half demon spawn creatures. Where once they wished only death and destruction, now they have joined the modern way of thinking and seek cash, favor, and power through the chaos of illegal activities and extortion. You can trust them about as far as your money would allow you to throw them, but the certainly are well connected and great at acquiring things you may not find elsewhere.
Nov 18, 2015 2:29 am
"Objective: Requisition Of Supplies. Location: Skullport," intones Breecha, committing the task to memory.

A portion of his processors begin communicating with PHANTOM.Nimbus. "Determine Profile Of Contact [Output List: Photo, Name, Known Aliases]. Acquire Security Camera Feeds At Location. Acquire Map Of Location."
Nov 18, 2015 2:43 am
We really need to work on your linguistic processors, buddy. Looks like the guys known as Daemon, which frankly feels a bit on the nose for being part demon. Shouldn't an alias be more, clever? Anyway, sending an image to your datapad. This is the guy.

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1190875/hellboy3-news.jpg

I'll see if I can find an unsecured feed but you know me, buddy. I'm a pacifist. I'll see if maybe I can get some layouts from my insecure port friend down at city hall, the AI remarks, then goes dormant as its processors search.
Nov 18, 2015 3:30 am
"The question I have is about our vehicle. Did the authorities I.D. it? Can we even get to Skullport without drawing unwanted attention?
Nov 18, 2015 3:35 am
Scanning records hasn't shown any mention of a vehicle make or model as of yet. I can't however say with any certainty. Alternate options would be public transport, or walking. Despite your resilience against death, I would avoid the last one if possible.
Nov 18, 2015 4:08 pm
"Divert Attention By Moving In Plain Sight," says Breecha. "Location Is Shipping Port; Many Vehicles Traverse Access. Drive Personnel Carrier As Though We Are Supposed To Be There, Making A Delivery."

Breecha's optics scan his weapons, then does a self-diagnostic. He touches a hand to his chest. "Disguise Self As Labor; Leaving Combat Ordnance And Armor At Headquarters." His mace, of course, is coming along for this job.
Nov 19, 2015 3:08 pm
"Let me reach out to my contacts. If he can put in a good word for us in addition to Tymora's then this Daemon might be more helpful towards us."

Background Feature - Criminal Contact: You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals.
Nov 19, 2015 3:31 pm
PhantomNimbus sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
[Handing a note to Kessel]
Nov 19, 2015 5:09 pm
Kessel looks up from his datapad. "Alright, my guy says he'll put in a good word for us. We'll have that in addition to Tymora's endorsment. My contact confirms the address is an old shipping warehouse dockside." Kessel pauses, "I don't know about going in without ordnance, Breecha. If for nothing else, it might be good to have firearms to surrender at the door as a sign of good faith? What do you think, Mack? Tymora?"
Nov 19, 2015 5:16 pm
Tymora looks back at the vidscreen still showing the chaos at the club on the news. She then turns it off, Either way just... Be subtle please. with that she turns to go back to her office/workshop in the back of the safe house.
Nov 19, 2015 5:41 pm
Breecha nods and begins to reload his weapons with loud-and-not-so-subtle clicks, clacks, and snaps.
Nov 19, 2015 6:53 pm
"Since we aren't going in looking for a fight, it shouldn't be a problem for us to keep this quiet."

::Sorry, couldn't resist the opportunity to get some "famous last words" in there. Not that I intend to cause problems, but this is D&D.::
Nov 19, 2015 7:07 pm
Alright, I'm going to cut this thread here, with some famous last words. Feel free to use the OOC thread to discuss more strategy going in, and I'll have a new post up for the next chapter hopefully tonight. May need to get some more box character sheets made. :)

Thread locked