0.0 - Another Day On The Job

load previous
Nov 15, 2015 3:52 pm
As the bullets strike Breecha his aim is thrown off and his shot goes wide of Scorch.

No damage to Scorch. For half numbers always round down. So you only take 4 damage.

Preserver > Breecha > Mack > Kessel > Scorch > Claw
Nov 15, 2015 4:39 pm
Mack swaps out to Ray of Frost, given Scorch seems to have his name due to some magical barrier he appears to have with respect to flame. The arcane runes on his pistols glow blue rather than red-orange and emit beams of frost where once bolts of fire came out... and miss.
Last edited November 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Rolls

Ray of Frost - (1d20+5, 1d8)

1d20+5 : (2) + 5 = 7

1d8 : (1) = 1

Nov 15, 2015 5:17 pm
Scorch seems more put off by the flying beams of ice than the flames that are starting to spread through the room. The Ray, however, whizzes past without connecting.

Nov 15, 2015 7:53 pm
Shooting around the doorframe, Kessel sends another gout of poison gas at Scorch. Damage readouts from Breecha are flashing across Kessel's optics. "Pull back, Breecha. Concentrate of defense." Turning to Mack he says, "Our bots are in bad shape, Chief. What's the play?"

DC 13 CON save or take the damage. Scorch is still Hexed, CON saves/checks at disadvantage.
Last edited November 15, 2015 7:56 pm

Rolls

Poison Spray - (1d12)

(8) = 8

Nov 15, 2015 8:02 pm
Scorch is hit by another choking cloud of poison. He sputters and coughs as the poison claws at his nose and throat. He is still up and moving, even as the hex compounds the damage on him. His breathing is ragged and he isn't looking in the greatest shape.

Damage:
Scorch (hobgoblin): 30 dmg
Claw (bugbear target): 14 dmg (on fiya!)

Rolls

CON vs Poison (disadvantage) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

1d20+2 : (13) + 2 = 15

Added Hex Damage - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Nov 16, 2015 4:00 am
-- Scorch Turn --

Scorch, still coughing heavily shifts a bit to get a better bead on Breecha. He aims the SMG and fires. "Let's see how many of you I can take with me", coughs out. His words ragged and hoarse.

Single SMG shot at Breecha.

-- Claw Turn --

Claw, still on fire, feels the fire singe him again as he flails to put out the flames. He finally seems to get the fire that has been consuming him put out.

Claw spends his action putting out the flames.

Damage:
Scorch (hobgoblin): 30 dmg
Claw (bugbear target): 17 dmg

Rolls

Scorch vs Breecha - (1d20+4, 2d6+2)

1d20+4 : (18) + 4 = 22

2d6+2 : (46) + 2 = 12

Claw Fire Damage - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Claw putting out fire (DC 10) - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Nov 16, 2015 4:19 am
Seeing Breecha go down, Mack calls to Kessel, "Let's wrap this up, if you've got any bigger guns handy!". On that note he steps in to ensure Claw and Scorch are within range and fire his Thunder Wave at the floor triggering it against Claw and Scorch with the loud crack and rumble of nature's fury!

Rolls

Thunder wave damage - (2d8)

(51) = 6

Nov 16, 2015 4:20 am
The bullets riddle Breecha's chassis, and his systems shut down due to the catastrophic impact. The red lights in his optics flicker and fade as he remains knelt by the doorway.

Rolls

Death Save - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Nov 16, 2015 4:52 am
As Preserver and Breecha both struggle to keep their systems from being completely fried, Mack steps into the room to line up his targets. Scorch and Claw try and keep their footing as the blast flies through the room.

Scorch manages to keep his footing, though he gets struck by a few flying objects. Claw again loses his footing and is flown into a wall and lands prone.

Dammit, Scorch! I said take them out!, Claw groans, holding his side.

Preserver still needs to make his first death save for his turn. Kessel is free to act, but I'll hold off on enemy turns until I see the results from Preserver.

Damage:
Scorch (hobgoblin): 33 dmg
Claw (bugbear target): 23 dmg (prone)

Rolls

Scorch Con Save (Disadvantage) (DC 13) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (12) + 2 = 14

1d20+2 : (17) + 2 = 19

Claw Con Save (DC 13) - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Nov 16, 2015 5:07 am
*BZZZ* *FIZZT-FIZZT*

Rolls

Death save 1 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Nov 16, 2015 6:16 am
"Dammit!" Kessel yelps as Breecha goes down. "I'm givin 'em all I've got, Mack! You're the gunslinger!" The half-elf shoots another gout of poison at the hobgoblin.

Rolls

Poison Spray vs. Scorch - (1d12)

(4) = 4

Hex damage - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Nov 16, 2015 6:20 am
Another cloud of choking poison wafts towards Scorch, Will you...*cough*...cut that shit out!, he manages to choke out as he tries to wave the vapors away. As he tries to talk he inhales too much poison. The compounded hex effect wears away at his vital organs and he drops to his knees. The SMG he was holding clatters to the floor. He falls forward onto his face, blood seeping from his mouth and nose.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Big hit from Kessel drops Scorch. He isn't walking away from this one.

-- Claw Turn --

Getting back up to his feet Claw is cornered in his office. Finally not on fire and finally not being thrown across the room, he does the only thing he can do. He levels his pistol at Mack, takes aim, and fires. I've had enough of all of you! Time to die!

Aiming and firing his standard Pistol at Mack.

Preserver > Breecha > Mack > Kessel > Claw

Death Saves:
Preserver: +1/-0
Breecha: +0/-1

Damage:
Scorch (hobgoblin): 41 dmg (dead)
Claw (bugbear target): 23 dmg

Rolls

Scorch Con Save vs Poison (disadvantage) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (7) + 2 = 9

1d20+2 : (6) + 2 = 8

Attack on Mack - (1d20+4, 1d10+2)

1d20+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

1d10+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Nov 16, 2015 6:51 am
+++ Shutdown Primary Processor +++ ERROR
+++ Engage Auxiliary Drive +++ ERROR
WARNING! Backup Systems Critical! Advise Shutdown Sequence To Avoid Memory Loss!
Last edited November 16, 2015 6:52 am

Rolls

Death Save - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Nov 16, 2015 7:05 am
*BZZZT*

Rolls

Death save 2 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Nov 16, 2015 12:44 pm
Preserver is almost stable, Breecha unfortunately is almost fried. Mack or Kessel may want to try and do something about that...

Death Saves:
Preserver: +2/-0
Breecha: +0/-2
Nov 16, 2015 4:25 pm
Mack runs up to the side of the door, preferably in partial cover and does what he can to stabilize Breecha. "I think he's got a short that's causing some problems here. Perhaps if I reboot his autochronic metaboliser he's stabilize until we can get Claw sorted," he shouts to Kessel. "Do me a favor and drop that guy -- we're going to need to make a swift exit."

"On second thought gimme a hand with this if you can."

OOC: Do we have any special kits on hand that help make stabilizing automatic (e.g. a healing kit, but for robots -- it'd seem like this would be standard fare for us to have. I'd flip a destiny point ;) for such if possible). I'd like to avoid the cruelty of the RNG if possible.
Last edited November 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Nov 16, 2015 4:30 pm
As Mack tried to triage the robot sparks shoot out. This doesn't look like a short. The bot's sensors continue to fire off various systems warnings.

No new harm to Breecha, but the repair effort didn't succeed.

Saving Throws:
Preserver: +2/-0
Breecha: +0/-2
Nov 16, 2015 4:34 pm
Suddenly over comms crackles a new voice. One very familiar, Guys, what the hell is going on. I'm reading crashing systems on both Preserver and Breecha. I thought we were going to try this quiet! You need to use the repair kit to stabalize Breecha, now!, Tymora orders. After a moment of silence she gauges you silent shock as response enough, Did you not see the repair kit I loaded into Breecha's back compartment?

Mack flips open the compartment and out falls a repair kit.

This will indeed do as you need. Since we never had a chance to really shop before the craziness broke out I'll give you this one. To be fair you guys have been rocking the fire fight this far. Time wise this is after Macks failed repair attempt so Kessel will have to take his action to use the kit.
Nov 16, 2015 8:15 pm
Kessel fumbles with the repair kit and gets to work on Breecha. "If I reverse the polarity, maybe...just maybe..."

Rolls

Repair (Medicine) - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Nov 16, 2015 8:19 pm
Tymora chimes in again, Good, looks like Breecha is stable at least. Preserver almost has his systems back online, just make sure we don't lose him either. These bot's aren't easily replacable, guys. Get them back here in one piece and I'll fix them up.

For future reference, and because I forgot, healing kits automatically stabalize. You don't need to roll with them.
load next

Thread locked