Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

0.0 - Another Day On The Job

Nov 16, 2015 9:11 pm
Claw, seeing odds are starting to turn against him, and Scorch in a pile on the floor, runs over to his bodyguard's body and grabs a small black rectangle from inside his overcoat. He throws the device towards the backwall of the office, that is facing the street. As it hits it seems to suction or magnetize to the wall and starts beeping. It rapidly beeps faster, then the beep turns into one long droning beep.

The front-wall of the building, and office, suddenly flashes and erupts outward. A gapping hole is left in the side of the building. Standing back up from prone Claw looks between Mack, Kessel, and the hole in the wall. You think it was going to be that easy. Do you have any idea who I am?! When I tell my boss about this he is going to rip every extremity from your body, one at a time!

Claw uses most of his movement to pick up a device from Scorch's body, uses his action to throw it against the wall, blowing a hole in it. Then stands up with the rest of his movement. He then, stupidly, decides to mock you one last time before leaving. Taking up the rest of his turn.

Preserver > Breecha > Mack > Kessel > Claw

Damage:
Claw (bugbear target): 23 dmg
Nov 16, 2015 9:33 pm
"Make sure to keep your head down! That guy still has a weapon!"

Mack moves to intercept Claw, putting his not insubstantial bulk in the way in order to prevent his timely exit. When he's in position, or as close as possible to being so, he'll bring up his pistols and fire in an effort to finish the job. "Who do you think hired us, you dirt bag?" Sure, it's probably not true, but if he does get out it'll make him think...
Last edited November 16, 2015 9:36 pm, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Firebolt - (1d20+5, 1d10)

1d20+5 - ( 7 ) + 5 = 12

1d10 - ( 4 ) = 4

Nov 16, 2015 9:43 pm
As the firebolt streaks through the air Claw, uncharacteristically, ducks the shot with some grace. He now sees Mack standing between him and the newly made hole in the wall and a wicked smile crosses his face.

Unfortunately, a narrow miss. Hopefully Kessel is ready for this one.

Preserver > Breecha > Mack > Kessel > Claw
Nov 16, 2015 10:59 pm
Kessel strides into the room and hacks Claw's biology, making him more vulnerable to what's coming next. Then he engulfs the bugbear in a gout of poison.

Hex is still active. Bonus action to designate Claw as the target. Imposing disadv on CON check/saves.
Action to cast Poison Spray. DC 13 CON save.

Rolls

Poison Spray - (1d12)

( 6 ) = 6

Hex damage - (1d6)

( 3 ) = 3

Nov 16, 2015 11:17 pm
Mack is not a wimpy human, and doesn't think any stinking bugbear is going to push him out of a hole.
Nov 17, 2015 12:19 am
The bugbears grin parts and a deep chuckles starts to emit from him. The bugbear stands about 5 foot, a bit short for a bugbear, but he is built of almost pure muscle. Even if I don't live through this, at least I know one thing, you are going to meet your maker with me" he says as he starts to lean into a full run. Kessel steps in silently behind him and looses a cloud of poison but the bugbear is already off his mark and charging Mack.

Kessel misses with poison, and thus no hex damage.

Rolls

Con Save vs Poison (disadvantage) - (1d20+1, 1d20+1)

1d20+1 - ( 19 ) + 1 = 20

1d20+1 - ( 14 ) + 1 = 15

Nov 17, 2015 12:26 am
As Claw is in stride he prepares to hit Mack.

Strength to shove Mack out the hole in the wall. If Claw wins the contest they will both fly out and fall. Mack can either use strength to oppose Claw, which would stop him in his tracks. Or acrobatics to avoid the hit entirely, more than likely causing Claw to run past and out the hole.

Rolls

Strength vs Mack - (1d20+2)

( 7 ) + 2 = 9

Nov 17, 2015 12:48 am
+++attempting system reboot+++

:::OH COME ON!!!! This site hates me!:::
Last edited November 17, 2015 12:49 am, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Death saving throw 3 - (1d20)

( 1 ) = 1

Nov 17, 2015 2:51 am
Crap! Guys, Preserver just had a critical memory loss. His systems are crashing hard. Can someone get over there and help him?, Tymora chimes in again.
Nov 17, 2015 3:59 am
Mack buckles down and puts his shoulder into Claw's oncoming rush. He pushes back hard as the bugbear gets in close in an effort to ensure he's pushed back, and preferably prone, so he can fire a firebolt or two into him before he has a chance to try to escape again. "Kessel -- you'd best stabilize Preserver with that kit you picked up! Looks like he's sparking out!"
Last edited November 17, 2015 4:00 am, a total of 2 times

Rolls

Strength to resist - (1d20+3)

( 19 ) + 3 = 22

Nov 17, 2015 4:08 am
Claw hits Mack as though he would hit a brick wall. He falls back and lands prone against such strength.

Good catch Mack, just realized repair kits, like healers kits, have 10 uses. Also it's Mack's turn now. You don't use your action to contest a shove.

Preserver > Breecha > Mack > Kessel > Claw

Damage:
Claw (bugbear target): 23 dmg (prone)
Nov 17, 2015 4:15 am
Mack aims and fires, and hopes he gets a bonus to hit the prone guy next to him if he needs it!

Rolls

Firebolt - (1d20+5, 1d10)

1d20+5 - ( 13 ) + 5 = 18

1d10 - ( 8 ) = 8

Nov 17, 2015 4:28 am
Looking up in a daze the last thing Claw sees is Mack outlined against the flames that have spread to much of the room. His silhouette holds out a single revolver and fires it. Claw falls back, dead.

About time you guys wrapped up this job, PHANTOM says over the comms, I'm picking up multiple emergency services heading this way, not to mention those network security spiders have just found the camera we tried to hack, they are dispatching peace keepers to the area. We may want to move.

Since you were within 5 feet of Claw you should have gotten advantage on the attack roll, though it doesn't matter, you killed him. If you were more than 5 feet from him as he was prone you would have been at disadvantage.
Nov 17, 2015 4:31 am
The bug is right, you should get those bots stable, get out to the van, you have to get out of there, Tymora says, you hear her fingers clacking like lightning across the keyboard, I'm putting in a few red herring tracers, that should at least cover our tracks, but it's time to go boys.
Nov 17, 2015 4:31 am
Bug? Who are you calling bug? I'm a highly sophisticated AI, little missy, PHANTOM quips back.
Nov 17, 2015 4:32 am
"Kessel get Preserver stabilized and let's get him rolling. I'll try and coax Breecha up and out." Mack would rather not carry one of these things, but if he has to, he has to. He quickly strides over to Breecha and half-lifts, half-coaxes the warforged up, "C'mon, let's get you down stairs and back in the van in a jiffy."
Nov 17, 2015 4:34 am
Mack assumes that discretion is the better part of valor here, though he wishes he had some time to search the room. Between the emergency services and the flames, however, he gets the signal and figures he's used up enough luck today.
Nov 17, 2015 4:40 am
GM Note: As it stands, I believe that both SMGs and the shotgun have been dropped. Breecha left the first two guns behind with someone while he blocked the door, I don't think anyone has picked up Scorch's SMG. I just figure it's only fair to mention that stuff so anyone can narrate if they do stop to pick things up or anything.
Nov 17, 2015 6:02 am
OOC: How long until Breecha can re-activate, now that he is stable? Never mind, just saw the OOC discussion.

There is a quiet chime as Breecha's auxiliary backup systems processors come online and he enters into Safe Mode. Like a rusty tin man, Breecha slowly clanks in the direction provided. His red optics are dull, as though only the barest essence of power is being used to run the most-basic systems.
Last edited November 17, 2015 6:18 am, a total of 2 times
Nov 17, 2015 6:19 am
PHB lists it as 1d4 hours. I'll cut it down to an hour, fortunately you guys are going to be out of there, and if you get back to base Tymora is going to put you back up to full anyway.
8 of 9
<< First < 6 7 8 9 >

Thread locked