0.0 - Another Day On The Job

load previous
Nov 13, 2015 10:16 pm
Kessel keeps moving. He hustles up the stairs after Mack and sends another bolt flying Brute's way. "What's the play, Mack? How're we getting into the office? Just have Br33cha break the door down or have you got something else in mind?"

Rolls

Eldritch Blast vs. Brute - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

damage - (1d10)

(10) = 10

Nov 13, 2015 10:20 pm
As Brute is leveling his shotgun at Breecha a bolt slams into him and he howls in pain as he is taken up off his feet and crashes into the shelf of bottles behind him. He slumps to the ground dead.

Brute is down for the count. He ain't getting back up from that one. With that we drop out of timed combat and people can RP as necessary. I think Preserver is still down for the count. Someone may want to aid him.
Nov 13, 2015 10:43 pm
Mack looks back over his shoulder, "Looks like it's a secure door. P-h says that Claw and Scorch are still in there. I was wondering if we could maybe make the door open wide enough for a grenade then shut it again. See if we can't soften up the office a little bit. Speaking of which, how's Preserver? Anyone got anything that can help get him up and running again real quick-like?"

OOC: This is where I recall that our druid (and thus the guy with access to healing) is the guy on the ground.
Last edited November 13, 2015 10:44 pm
Nov 13, 2015 11:33 pm
Preserver sputters as he tries to sit up, but the shotgun blast seems to have left him very disabled. he falls down again

Rolls

Death save 2 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Nov 14, 2015 12:05 am
Two saves down, rust bucket. PHANTOM chimes in over comms. He is doing his best imitation of the bartender.

Everyone can try a heal check if they would like to at least stabalize him. Otherwise he will have to make another throw here.
Nov 14, 2015 12:48 am
Since the immediate threats have been neutralized, Breecha stomps over to the bar to try and recover Preserver. Using his own self-knowledge of robotics, Breecha attempts to stabilize his fallen comrade. Of course, Preserver is a completely different construct, but Breecha makes the best of what he can see, and know.

As he checks on Preserver, Breecha speaks to PHANTOM. "Download Specifications For Security Door. Determine Success Rate For Kinetic Breach With Blunt Force, And Ballistic Breach With Shotgun." As his HUD scans the building schematics once more, Breecha adds, "Determine Integrity Of Interior Wall."

OOC: Not sure what I'd use to make a Heal Check, so I picked Medicine

Rolls

Heal Check (Medicine?) - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Nov 14, 2015 12:49 am
Kessel jogs back to the bar and checks on Preserver. He shakes his head and mutters, "I wish I had my repair kit on me." He takes Brute's shotgun and tosses it to BR33CHA, "Grab this and that SMG, and cover the rear door upstairs, unless Mack needs you for something else. I'll try to get Preserver up again before I try to pick that locked office door open."

Kessel searches behind the bar for a key to the office, a datapad to control the establishment's security systems or utilities, or anything that might help them get access to Claw.

OOC: I believe that's a Medicine failed check. Do I just keep trying?
Last edited November 14, 2015 12:55 am

Rolls

Medicine (stabilize Preserver) - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Nov 14, 2015 1:03 am
Mack trots back down the stairs and offers some pointed advice to Kessel. "No no. Not that button, the one behind that panel there."

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Nov 14, 2015 3:03 am
Breecha does as commanded. He arms himself with the shotgun (1 shell remaining), and retrieves the SMG from the floor at the base of the stairs. He makes a decision to forgo the shield in order to use the two-handed firearm, and trains the sights to the rear door.

In the meantime, Breecha keeps some processors dedicated to watching the activity in the office feed.
Nov 14, 2015 4:09 am
Mack is able to stop most major systems failures and puts out a small sparking fire in Preserver's chest cavity. The bot is stabilized, but still the systems are in a powered down state.

Preserver is stable now, but unconscious. Without a healing spell or item he will remain stable, but unconscious for an hour. After that he gains 1 hp and wakes up.

Breecha acquires the double barrel shotgun and light SMG. The shotgun has 1 shell and the SMG reads 10 rounds left. The video feed still shows Scorch just standing behind the mirror watching. You see Claw walk over to a small box on the wall and hold down a button. Suddenly a similar box behind the bar crackles and you hear a gruff voice.

Look, I don't know who you are, or what you're doing here, but you have no idea what you're messing with here. Leave now and I promise not to rip your arms off immediately, the box suddenly crackles off as Claw walks away from the box.

Behind the bar Kessel finds the box producing the noise. It has a small button on it. There is also a healing stim hidden behind the bar.

Healing stim functions as a potion of healing.
Nov 14, 2015 4:23 am
"Aha!" Kessel applies the healing stim to Preserver's hydraulics. Then he hits the button on the intercom, "You just sit tight, Claw. We'll be right with you."
Nov 14, 2015 4:30 am
As Kessel injects the stim into a pot on Preserver the magical energy starts to cause the circuits to boot and fire once again.

Preserver gets back 2d4+2 HP and will be active again.

The call box crackles once again. Who do you think you're talking to whelp! Claw waits on no one!
Nov 14, 2015 4:38 am
Mack nods approvingly to Kessel, "Good job." He looks back towards the office. "Do you think you can hack the door open enough to roll a grenade in? Might be nice to soften these guys up." To Breecha he asks, "Breech - do you have video into that office? Are they carrying anything particularly menacing? I don't have a pad handy when I've got my hands on my guns."
Nov 14, 2015 4:42 am
Kessel helps Preserver up. "Good to have you back, buddy! Now let's get that office door open, shall we? Wouldn't want to keep Claw waiting." Kessel goes upstairs and examines the door. As he does so he calls Breecha back from covering the rear door. "Hey Breecha, I might need ya to cover me while I do this. Phantom.Numbus, ya got those assessments Breecha asked for?"
Nov 14, 2015 4:50 am
Mack follows Kessel, "Remember, the idea is to open it up just enough to roll the grenade in. Then preferably shut it again. Quick like."
Nov 14, 2015 5:32 am
Do I have the assesments? Are you really asking me that, PHANTOM quips in an almost snotty tone, If you're looking to just bust through that door good luck. It's solid steel and reinforced to work as a blast door. The mirror up front will take a blasting as well without cracking. That shotgun may as well be a feather if you want to take it to the door. there is a brief pause in the assessment.

Now that last idea, I think bucket head finally thought outside the box. You could try and break through the walls around the door, a DC 15 strength check could bust a good hole for getting the grenade through, or you could try and do maybe 8 points of damage with the shotgun to achieve the same effect.
Nov 14, 2015 5:51 am
Breecha responds, "Target Armed With Pistol. Secondary Target Armed With Submachinegun." He sets aside both shotgun and SMG and re-arms his shield. "I Will Take Point. Once Door Is Accessed, I Will Position Shield In Opening And You Can Launch Grenade."

As PHANTOM provides the assessment of the wall, Breecha looks to the others for the course of action. Internally, his processors want to try breaking through the wall instead of the door.
Last edited November 14, 2015 6:05 am
Nov 14, 2015 6:01 am
Kessel looks to Mack, "Whaddya say, Sheriff?"
Nov 14, 2015 6:05 am
Preserver sits up as the stem pack knits his bio matrices back into working order. He shakes his head as his optics realign. "Did any body get the regs of the truck that hit me?' Suddenly he realizes where he is and what is happening and leaps back to his feet in a defensive swordfighter's stance.

Rolls

Stem Pack heal - (2d4+2)

(22) + 2 = 6

Nov 14, 2015 3:00 pm
"Preserver, it's good to see you up and at 'em again." Mack works his way back up the stairs. "I might be able to shoulder into the wall to make a big enough hole. What do you think Breech -- want to keep that round in the chamber for something useful or shoot a hole in the wall?" He looks around for something to push through the wall other than his shoulder if he can help it...
load next

Thread locked