Part 2: Phandalin

load previous
Nov 17, 2015 7:05 pm
At this point Sildar comes down from his room, and besides some bruises, he looks much better. He walks up to the table and sits down, "I'd just like to thank you again for your help yesterday, I would be dead soon if it weren't for you," he says as he pulls out a pouch and sets it down on the table, you can hear the coins rattling in it, "50 gold coins for the rescue, you've earned it."

Have you any idea where to start looking for Gundren? I was going to check in with my friend here in town, Iarno Albrek, but he isn't here... he should have arrived a couple of months ago, but he never showed up," Sildar continues, looking very worried about his friend.
Nov 17, 2015 7:20 pm
Kama pushes the coin pouch over to Wish, and nods to Sildar. What is it with Sildar and misplacing friends?

OOC: Hope no one minds me post so frequently. I'm mostly reacting to NPCs with what I think is inconsequential stuff. If it's too much for anyone, let me know and I'll rein it in.
Nov 17, 2015 10:03 pm
I'm listening in to the conversation, snacking from the pile of fruits in front of me. I've already had my breakfast of herb-roasted squirrel and some greens I pillaged from a nearby farm. I took just enough for myself in order to attract the least notice, however I was a bit more greedy with the fruit. It's not often I come across such a bountiful harvest.

"Do all your friends go missing, or just the important ones?"
Last edited November 17, 2015 10:24 pm
Nov 17, 2015 10:12 pm
Sildar gapes at Xora's bluntness for a moment before bursting into laughter, "I suppose, from your view, I don't have a very good record of being able to find my friends," he says as his laughter subsides, "I have faith that with your help we will find both Iarno and Gundren safe and sound."
Nov 18, 2015 12:42 am
"Was Iarno here to work with Gundren and his brother's like you?"
Nov 18, 2015 12:52 am
Sildar shakes his head and answers Hollow's question, "No, Iarno came for another purpose. He's a member of the Lords' Alliance, as am I, and he was sent to establish order here, but he never even arrived."
Nov 18, 2015 1:06 am
Wish ruefully adds the pouch to his pack with the rest of the party money, and he is briefly impressed with Sildar's managing to get a bag of money from somewhere since yesterday. But then his brain catches up on the conversation.

"Lord's Alliance? What's that?"
Nov 18, 2015 1:11 am
"The Lords' Alliance is a group created by the rulers here in the north. We are all over, from Waterdeep, Silverymoon, Neverwinter... We believe that only ordered societies have a real chance at surviving long against the forces of evil, and we strive to bring order and justice to uncivilized lands," he stops and, realizing that he was rambling a bit, wraps up his explanation, "Well, anyway, that's why he was here..."
Nov 18, 2015 2:05 am
"You'll probably want to look into the Redbrands, then," says Kama. "Though, I would do it carefully."
Nov 18, 2015 2:24 am
Wish chuckles at the name "Silverymoon," as he always does. A wretched hive of scum and villainy, to be sure, but that name...!
Nov 18, 2015 4:31 am
Hollow finishes her breakfast and rises from the table. "Best of luck on that then, Master Hailwinter. We shall be looking for Rockseeker. We will of course keep you updated."
Nov 18, 2015 4:38 am
Kama glances up at Hollow, taking her action as a cue that breakfast is over and it is time to start the day. He bundles up his leftovers to take on the road.

"We splitting up, or are we hitting each lead as a group?" asks Kama.
Nov 18, 2015 5:09 am
"We cover more ground if we split up, but we are vulnerable to our enemies alone. No doubt word has spread that we have arrived successfully and our ultimate goal can be easily deduced, I think we stick together. And I think Aderleaf Orchard as our first stop."
Nov 18, 2015 5:22 am
"Okay, then...uh...what? Which one: the Edermath orchard, or the Alderleaf farm?"
Nov 18, 2015 5:31 am
"Farm. I meant the Alderleaf farm who is the friend of the druid."
Nov 18, 2015 12:23 pm
"I know the way. I'll lead us there." Without acknowledging anyone else's response, I turn and start walking towards the farm at a quick pace.
Nov 18, 2015 1:56 pm
With that, the party is swept up in Xora's wake. Sildar bids you farewell, saying he has business to take care of as well, and leaves. It only takes a minute to get to the farm, where they can see a halfling woman and a small halfling child outside working around the farm. As she sees them approach she stops her work and waves the party to approach closer.

The child sees the party too, weapons and all, and instead of running away, runs right up to them, squeaking excitedly, "Are you here to take out those nasty Redbrands? You heard I found their hideout? I can show you where it's at!"

The woman, who you assume must be Qelline, chuckles and heads out to meet the party, calling in greeting, "Welcome travelers! I apologize for Carp here, he thinks he found something in the woods. The imagination of a child! What can I help you with?"

As she gets closer and notices Hollow's horns and Xora's reptilian face her eyes widen, but she quickly recovers from her shock.
Nov 18, 2015 3:45 pm
Another mention of the Redbrands. Perhaps this is something to look into, but not right now.

Kama kneels down at Carp's approach. "Maybe later," he says to the child. "Right now a friend of ours is in big trouble and we have to help him."

He lets the others speak to the mother while he absorbs the brunt of the child's excitement.
Nov 18, 2015 4:10 pm
Carp seems disappointed that you don't want his help, but is excited that the big man doesn't seem to be mean. He takes a moment of Kama's distraction as an opportunity to try to tackle the big guy playfully, but just bounces off. He is a persistent lad though and keeps trying as long as Kama doesn't tell him to stop.
Nov 18, 2015 4:17 pm
Kama clasps his hands into Carp's and now the two are locked in the classic strength-test position, where each contestant is pushing against the other's arms. He doesn't move forward and makes a show of digging in his heels and exaggerating his grunts, like he is straining with all his might to keep the young lad at bay.

Uh oh, Kama seems to be losing his footing, and the half-orc takes a step backward to set himself against Carp's progress.
load next

Thread locked