D&D 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 16, 2015 1:03 pm
Alright, we're all full up! To those who didn't get in, I apologize.

There is enough unfulfilled interested to easily support another game, if someone was interested in running it.
May 16, 2015 7:35 pm
Anyone know what they're playing yet?
May 16, 2015 8:17 pm
I made a thread in the game forum for you guys to discuss character concepts, introduce yourselves etc. I'd prefer if as much game-related discussion happened there as possible :)
Jun 30, 2015 11:44 am
One of our players seems to have vanished! The adventure I'm running really does call for a full team of 5, and so I'm opening this up to another player. Priority going to any of those who expressed interest back in May when I got this thing started.

I've opened up a slot: http://gamersplane.com/games/50
Jun 30, 2015 8:11 pm
I'd like to give it a shot if the previous people who expressed interest are not in, but FYI I haven't played D&D in a few years (probably since 3.5) so there may be a slight learning curve. I've done lots of pbp and pbf however and am usually very active.
Jul 1, 2015 4:16 pm
Ok cool, I see the application but I'm going to wait a day or two just to make sure the previously interested parties have a chance to see this.
Jul 4, 2015 8:27 pm
alright I've approved you. we're not quite ready to get you in the game but b you can make a character in the meantime. wotc has a free quick start rules for 5th edition
Jul 5, 2015 3:57 pm
Thanks! What does the party need?
Jul 5, 2015 8:10 pm
whatever you want to play. i adapt adventurers to the party.
Jul 6, 2015 1:17 pm
Hmm it says that I can't submit any more characters to the game for some reason?
Jul 6, 2015 1:43 pm
You have a valid character to add, don't have any submitted, but it says you can't submit any more characters? I'll look into that.
Jul 6, 2015 2:57 pm
Try now - somehow the "number of characters per player" got set to 0 when i edited the game to make room for you in the first place!
Jul 6, 2015 3:38 pm
Got it! Thanks!
Jul 6, 2015 4:12 pm
Candi says:
Try now - somehow the "number of characters per player" got set to 0 when i edited the game to make room for you in the first place!
I'll look into that as well.
Jul 6, 2015 4:13 pm
Keleth says:
Candi says:
I'll look into that as well.
I think what happened is that when I hit "edit" that field didn't auto-fill with the previous value (of 1) and I didn't bother putting anything in the field (because I was only changing player #) and so when I hit submit it automatically entered "0" for the blank. That's my guess anyway.

DMCInactive forever!

Aug 20, 2015 5:38 pm
Veteran gamer here, likewise looking to get into a 5E game. Hit me up!
Aug 21, 2015 1:37 pm
Very convenient that you just dropped in. We may have another vacancy, and I was just scouting around for a potential replacement.

The group is level 2, and we're a very active game (posting about once a day except on weekends). I'd like to keep moving at this pace, so if that works for you I'll add a slot to the game and you can drop on in.

DMCInactive forever!

Aug 21, 2015 3:07 pm
Candi says:
Very convenient that you just dropped in. We may have another vacancy, and I was just scouting around for a potential replacement.

The group is level 2, and we're a very active game (posting about once a day except on weekends). I'd like to keep moving at this pace, so if that works for you I'll add a slot to the game and you can drop on in.
Sounds good, thanks! Totally interested! Any particular class/race needed? I can adapt to anything. Might take me a day or so to come up with the sheet and background though.

Once a day is beautiful! Especially the "except weekends" part. Family and kids and all. I'm super-available Mon-Fri from 8-4pm PST.
Last edited August 21, 2015 3:08 pm
Aug 21, 2015 4:43 pm
Great. I sent you an invite. If my AWOL player turns up again, we'll just carry on with a party of six.

Race no, the character you will be stepping in for is a fight, and the party is woefully short on tough melee types so something in the fighter/barbarian/wild shape druid/close combat ranger domain would be ideal. That said, I'm not a fan of forcing players to fill archetypes, when needed I adjust campaigns to suit the party (instead of expecting the party to be diverse). There is already a wizard, warlock, paladin and rogue so I would recommend avoiding those classes.

DMCInactive forever!

Aug 21, 2015 4:47 pm
Candi says:
Great. I sent you an invite. If my AWOL player turns up again, we'll just carry on with a party of six.

Race no, the character you will be stepping in for is a fight, and the party is woefully short on tough melee types so something in the fighter/barbarian/wild shape druid/close combat ranger domain would be ideal. That said, I'm not a fan of forcing players to fill archetypes, when needed I adjust campaigns to suit the party (instead of expecting the party to be diverse). There is already a wizard, warlock, paladin and rogue so I would recommend avoiding those classes.
Sounds good! I'll work up the character and submit it.

I don't see any invites in my Inbox. Not sure how they work. Is it here? To my email? etc?

ETA: Just popped up in my e-mail. Thanks!
Last edited August 21, 2015 4:48 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.