D&D 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 14, 2015 4:15 pm
I'm really tempted to start up a 5e game for you folks** -- I'd need to restrict it to the free basic rules (which are enough to carry us on for a little while) and I'd probably run a very basic home-brew adventure to start (just to feel out the mechanics and feel out how to best run 5e in this format). I'd take up to 5 players, so lets so how this will stick.

Sounds like Morrowlife and Caedron are definitely in.

**this is probably the third time I've written this post (but obviously I didn't post the others).
May 14, 2015 5:44 pm
I've only been doing PbP for under a year now and found using published adventures makes it pretty straightforward. You don't need any more time than you would for playing.
May 14, 2015 6:03 pm
Exactly :) So does that mean you're in?
May 14, 2015 6:08 pm
I'd actually REALLY like to run one of the longer adventures that WotC has published (Princes of the Apocalypse or Hoard of the Dragon Queen into Rise of Tiamat) but those are lv 1 - 15 adventures, and the pace of play by forum can often be much slower than even monthly face-to-face games.
May 14, 2015 9:34 pm
I'd play!
May 14, 2015 11:07 pm
I'd like to play, but to be honest I have the PHB and would want to use some of the classes and rules in that. I could probably get by without it... but I mean c'mooooon! :)
May 14, 2015 11:18 pm
Alright you twisted my arm. PHB is allowed
May 14, 2015 11:25 pm
Woot spoot magoot! Four classes just don't seem like enough to me anyway.
May 15, 2015 12:56 am
Yay for PHB! Now the question is do I try something new or go with a typical class
May 15, 2015 1:49 pm
Alright so this is officially on then. You can use anything in the PHB to create your characters. I'll start a game up in a few days, but in the meantime work on those characters and discuss them here.

Also, as you create your characters I want you to have a close connection with one other character (close connections are things like: personal friend, long time rival, traveling companion -- you know each other well) and a distant connection with a different character (distant connections are things like: once shared drinks at a bar, saved each other from a bandit ambush, lost a bunch of gold in a game of cards to them -- you have met before).
May 15, 2015 2:32 pm
Very nice. Where should we submit our characters?
May 15, 2015 2:39 pm
I will make the game shortly and let you know here when i do
May 15, 2015 2:48 pm
Do you have a preferred method of character creation?
And are we in Forgotten Realms?
May 15, 2015 2:58 pm
Standard array
and that's undecided but probably yes
May 15, 2015 3:57 pm
Join the game here: http://gamersplane.com/games/50
Last edited May 15, 2015 3:57 pm
May 15, 2015 4:19 pm
What sort of classes do people want to play in this?

I understand that I'm late to this discussion so if you have enough who expressed interest earlier I won't be butt hurt if I'm not accepted.
May 15, 2015 5:32 pm
I'm in two D&D5E games already, and as much as I'd like to add a third, I'll give others a crack to go before me. If there's still a slot open come Monday I'll go ahead and sign up.
Last edited May 15, 2015 5:33 pm
May 15, 2015 8:08 pm
New to GP, but I'm definitely down for a 5e game. I tend toward sneaky or brutish-type PCs, but i'm up for anything.
May 15, 2015 8:26 pm
Cool. Just so everyone applying knows, I'm holding off on accepting until those who had first expressed interest submit applications. If by Monday they haven't I'll let the rest in on a first come-first-serve basis.
May 16, 2015 2:08 am
I applied! Excited to play some 5e :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.