Adventure Thread - Oak Grove Whispers

load previous
Mar 9, 2016 8:28 pm
Esteber incredulously stares at Bart

"I thought you were taking some time off because our last adventure messed you up..."
Mar 9, 2016 8:32 pm
Roeban sits quietly, gauging to see if this seems like a cohesive adventuring party or if he can foresee bickering and squabbling in the future.
Mar 10, 2016 2:35 am
Herja nods to Roeban when Esteber makes the introductions. When Bart rejoins them unexpectedly she gives him one of her rarely-seen smiles. "I'm glad you're back, Bart!"
Mar 10, 2016 10:08 am
Alden blinks in disbelief when Bart suddenly appears and continues like nothing happened "...oh, and this big fellow is Bart, of strong arm and changing desires..."
Mar 10, 2016 1:57 pm
The Gray Mule starts filling as the sun sets. When the harlots don't arrive, the old cobblers and merchants start chanting for them. Molli - Molli - Molli - Red - Red - Red - and eventually, even Jen - Jen - Jen.

You overhear one cobbler say he saw Molli and Jennan heading up the stairs of the Red Door Tenement last night. "Silly girls, what are they doing in Hounds of Camber territory? Don't they make enough from our poor old souls?"
Mar 10, 2016 2:23 pm
"it's good to be back friends, I'll tell you Esteber, Gertrude was insufferable. She wouldn't let me lead a normal life had I really wanted to..."
At the sounds of the chanting, Bart looks up, "it looks like we're in for some entertainment!"
Mar 10, 2016 2:52 pm
Roeban's ears prick up at the old cobbler's conversations nearby.

He turns to his new drinking companions. "I'm sorry, but I believe I overheard you conversing earlier, the discussion being that you were looking for someone. It wouldn't happen to be that you're looking for the very same women that the rest of this evening's crowd is crying for, would it?"
Mar 10, 2016 3:19 pm
"Indeed, we are looking for the one called Red Kirsten. I wonder what kind of place that Red Door Tennement is?"
Mar 10, 2016 4:13 pm
"I've been there. They seem more active at night of course... rather listless by day. They employ a somewhat lax, yet gullibly charming set of guards to monitor their territory while they sleep."
Mar 10, 2016 9:42 pm
"We are, but not for the same reason those men are. Lets just say, we are looking for some answers... Hmm, perhaps we should go look at those Red Door Tenaments and see if Red Kristen is there."
Last edited March 10, 2016 9:43 pm
Mar 11, 2016 12:59 am
"This ale tastes sour anyway," Bart exclaims and slams Esteber's glass on the table, now empty. "Let's do this" Bart rises from his chair, stretches and awaits the rest of the party.
Mar 11, 2016 2:17 am
The Red Door tenements is a 4 story apartment where each apartment is accessed from a balcony walkway. There is a wooden stairway on the western side. Each floor above the ground floor has a flimsy looking wooden rail. Every door in the place is painted red- thus the name. Each floor has 6 apartments.

As the sun has set, the top (4th) floor of the tenement is quite busy. There are burly looking toughs drinking and laughing, occasionally punching each other in the arm in tests of strength and toughness. Several mean and raggedy dogs walk around the balcony, too. As you move closer, you also spy two more men on the stairs between floors 2 and 3. Several dogs walk around on the street near the tenement. People give both the dogs and the men wide berth.
Mar 11, 2016 2:52 am
"I assume these tenements will have some sort of landlord or landlady. We should probably try to look for some office where we can ask for directions. Perhaps those men over there might know where we should address our query..."

Esteber will approach the burly men and then introduce himself with a curt bow.

"Good evening dear sirs. Would any of you fine gentlemen would, by any chance know where we could find the landlord or landlady of the tenements? We are inquiring about the whereabouts of one of this fine establishment's tenants..."
Mar 14, 2016 1:25 am
You walk up the stairway to the men between the 2nd and 3rd floors.

They smell of cheap wine and after listening to you they smirk and one says "Ah, yeah. I'm the landlord. We can put you on the list for 20 gold. When an apartment comes up, we'll let you know"
Mar 15, 2016 1:33 am
"Oh, we are not looking for an apartment. We are inquiring to the whereabouts of Red Kristen. See, we had an appointment tonight at the Gray Mule, but she hasn't shown up at the designated hour..."
Mar 15, 2016 4:04 am
Bart says nothing and stands behind Esteber, arms crossed, observing the "toughs" in case they try anything cute.
Mar 15, 2016 10:34 am
"That whore? We ain't her pimp! Why don't you get lost!"
Mar 15, 2016 10:49 am
"And..." *starts playing with some coins in his hand* "...who is?"
Mar 15, 2016 12:08 pm
"You guys look like Adventurers Guild to me. This ain't no dungeon. You don't want to mess with the Hounds of Camber...." the tough looks wild eyed and unafraid. Two dogs that were sitting on the 3rd floor stoop growl quietly and walk down the stairs, sitting behind the two toughs.
Mar 15, 2016 2:26 pm
OOC:
Can you describe the dogs? Would Roeban recognize them
?
Last edited March 15, 2016 2:27 pm
load next

Thread locked