Chapter 2 - The Fortress

load previous
Jan 26, 2016 9:26 pm
He would, unfortunately we have no way of actually knowing where he is right now. Maybe we should have worked out some sort of signal ahead of time. Perhaps we should await his return first?
Jan 27, 2016 1:35 am
Ütés gently clears her throat. "Fire you say?" as she points to circlet of blasting she's wearing. "I think I could probably hit a couple of barrels from quite a distance with this."
Jan 28, 2016 2:35 am
teaanddice sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Jan 28, 2016 3:19 pm
PhantomNimbus sent a note to teaanddice
[Passing note to Crolwell]

That thing shoots fire? If so it should do the trick, but we still have to worry about where Crolwell is, Ramas responds, looking out through the slats some more.
Jan 28, 2016 3:21 pm
"Oh. Of course. Perhaps we can both target the barrels together!" I begin to flick little trails of flame from my wand.
Feb 2, 2016 3:13 pm
That is all well and good but we still have the matter at hand of locating your now invisible friend. I think he went into the keep, which should be far enough away from those barrels to not be badly damaged, but that is only my best guess as to where he is, Ramas says.
Feb 2, 2016 3:14 pm
"Well, I suppose I could... remove the enchantment?"
Feb 2, 2016 3:28 pm
"I feel that may even more inadvisable. If he is within reach of the enemy his sudden visibility may put him in grave danger", Ramas responds, trying to think of another plan.
Feb 2, 2016 3:35 pm
"I think we may just have to wait at this point," Aelar says, "I'd go looking, but I'd never be able to find him while he's invisible."
Feb 2, 2016 3:41 pm
Last edited February 2, 2016 3:42 pm

Rolls

stealth - (1d20-1)

(16) - 1 = 15

Stealth (Adv) - (1d20-1)

(4) - 1 = 3

Feb 2, 2016 3:44 pm
PhantomNimbus sent a note to teaanddice
[ passing note to Crolwell ]
Feb 2, 2016 10:38 pm
"I can't imagine it will be too much longer before we get some sign of where he is." With a grin Ütés adds, "Afterall, he's bound to start playing his fluba at some point."
Feb 5, 2016 5:49 am
"Yes, the... fluba." I give her a half smile. "Pardon my forthrightness, but it is my impression that there is something a little bit different about that man. I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps I do not understand his speech patterns as well as I'd like."
Feb 6, 2016 3:54 am
I'm starting to become worried it has been too long. Should he not have been back by now to tell us what he found? What if they captured him...or worse., Ramas says, starting to pace a bit.

We need to think of our next step. If we can detonate those barrels that can buy us a distraction in, and we know the troupe is in a tower. Hopefully if we move fast enough we can get out during the distraction too.
Feb 6, 2016 4:04 am
"Alright, yes, I do believe the time to act is now!" I stand up straight and begin to dust of my robes, smoothing the wrinkles out a bit.
Feb 6, 2016 6:11 am
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggh".

Rolls

Strength - (1d20+6)

(8) + 6 = 14

Feb 8, 2016 9:24 pm
Ramas is watching the Keep nervously with every passing minute of Crolwell being gone. He keeps his eyes on the large barn style doors that Crolwell was to sneak into. Suddenly he hears a loud cry and sees the doors fly open violently, as though a tornado whipped them open. They take out the two goblin guards just outside the doors.

Oh, no no no. Utes, Xadira, we need to detonate those barrels now. He is out of the way but he is certainly avoiding stealth now, he hurriedly says as he turns and grabs Utes' arm, Can you hit those barrels now? We will need to move fast and get into that keep.
Feb 9, 2016 10:50 pm
Jumping to attention as Ramas grabs her arm Ütés concentrates on the barrels and fires off a ray of fire from her circlet. "This is going to be loud..." she says as she starts to grin.
Last edited February 10, 2016 3:37 am

Rolls

Attack on the defenseless barrels. - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Feb 10, 2016 3:30 am
As Utes looses a beam of fire across the courtyard her aim seems to have been off, and the shot flies wide of the barrels. Ramas quickly runs to where the plain brown cloaks had been hanging, shouting as he runs, Xadira, do something, quick, please!

He grabs a cloak and drapes it over himself, grabbing more off the wall for all of you. These may help us draw less attention to ourselves.

As this is going on you hear very familiar cries coming from, what sounds like, everywhere in the courtyard. Crolwell is dashing back towards the stables but it is hard to tell exactly where he is. You randomly see a goblin become chopped in half.
Feb 10, 2016 3:38 am
"How could I have possibly miss..."

Seeing Ramas grabbing for cloaks Ütés runs over and takes one for herself and quickly throws it on.
load next

Thread locked