Chapter 2 - The Suburbs

load previous
Feb 5, 2016 10:38 pm
"We'll all get out of here together" Jacob says, more to reassure himself than Annette.
Feb 5, 2016 10:38 pm
As Kel calls out there is a moment of silence and John puts his hand on Kel's shoulder, Maybe they got out al...

Suddenly you hear a woman's voice call up from downstairs, Kelly, is that you!? Watch out, something is down here. It came in through one of the windows. The voice sounds slightly muffled, like it's coming through a door somewhere in the basement.

Kelly. Be careful, she calls, It's been clawed at the door for hours.

You hear a shuffled movement downstairs and then what sounds like something scraping against a piece of wood and you hear Lisa shriek at the noise.
Feb 6, 2016 12:16 am
Kel kept a flashlight in a kitchen drawer for when they lose power. He runs over to the kitchen and opens the drawer...Lisa may have taken it already...
Feb 6, 2016 12:39 am
Kel opens the kitchen drawer and...

...no flashlight.

Rolls

Luck - (1d100)

(24) = 24

Feb 6, 2016 3:32 am
'Shit....John, do you have a flashlight?" Kel asks, also trying to remember if they nabbed one from the store downtown.
Feb 6, 2016 3:47 am
John fishes around his belt and finds his large maglight and tosses it to Kel. Should I take point, or you? Howard, are you ready, we need to clear something out down here. He readies his pistol as you get ready to descend the stairs to the basement.
Feb 6, 2016 3:54 am
"I'll take point. You on the light and your gun, like cops do? Down here is my wife, two kids and two little dogs. Whatever the fuck came through the window...I don't know. Let's go" Kel readies the pistol.
Feb 6, 2016 4:05 am
-- Inside --

As Kel rounds the bottom of the stairs into his open basement, followed closely by John and Howard, he sees bulky dark shape in the darkened basement, it's scratching at a closed door on the other side of the basement. The thing looks about the size of an exercise ball, but is covered in thick course brown fur. When the light lands on it it turns, and you see the decaying face of what looks to be a brown bear cub. It's hard to determine age, but it certainly isn't fully grown.

-- Outside --

As Jacob and Annette scan up and down the street they see a form round the block corner. It's coming around the side of the house next door to Kel's. After another second or two three more of the shambling ghouls follow the first. They don't seem to have seen you yet.

We will enter structured time, your group has the drop on the undead side, so you all can go first.

Targets

Bear Cub
Ghoul 1
Ghoul 2
Ghoul 3
Ghoul 4
Feb 6, 2016 5:34 pm
]Kel shouts to his family "Get down and away from the door!" and fires at the bear

Rolls

[+] 2 dice (1 die + pistol) - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (6) = 6

[-] 2 dice (1 die + stress) - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (2) = 2

Feb 6, 2016 8:19 pm
OOC:
How close are Jacob and Annette to the house? I'm thinking we make a break for the house and get with the others.
Feb 7, 2016 1:48 am
OOC:
I imagine Jacob and Annette posted up near the curb outside the front of the house. Since this is the suburbs there is a good 10-15 feet of yard out front leading to the house. So about that far from the front door.
-- Inside --
Kel's shot sinks into the thick matted fur of the bear cub and it turns from its clawing at the door to face the new people in the house.

-- Outside --
As you see the group moving along the end of the street they seem like they would keep walking past you, until you hear a gunshot ring out from inside the house. The zombies stop and turn towards the noise. All of them change direction, you also see another three ghouls rounding the corner just after this group.
Feb 8, 2016 7:05 am
"Hey, Boo-Boo; you gotta get outta here, because I'm the park ranger!" On "ranger," Howard chops down at the beast with his paper cutter.
OOC:
My read is that Howard did 4 damage with the paper cutter, no stress.
Last edited February 8, 2016 7:07 am

Rolls

Positive dice (default, 2 weapon, 1 witty) - (4d6)

(5216) = 14

Negative (base + fighting by John's flashlight) - (2d6)

(15) = 6

Feb 8, 2016 9:40 pm
OOC:
Yes, Howard did 4 damage and had no stress at the end. Although the bear absorbs 1 for being undead, so it takes 3 damage from the hit.
Howard runs up and sinks his paper cutter deep into one of the arms of the panda cub, it doesn't make a noise, but the crunch of bone is heard and that leg dangles almost entirely separated from the creature. It hobbles around regardless of it's disabled limb.

John runs up after Kel and fires at the bear as well. He steadies his aim, trying to get an angle on it to not be firing at the door on the other side of it. He steadies himself and fires, the shot goes straight through the bear cub's head and the creature slumps to the ground instantly.
OOC:
John has doubles on non-cancelled dice, which instantly destroys the brain of the creature and it dies instantly.

Rolls

Positive Dice (default, weapon, aiming, weapons trained) - (1d6, 1d6, 1d6, 1d6)

Negative Dice (default, trying not to hit engaged friendly, stressful situation) - (1d6, 1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (3) = 3

Feb 8, 2016 9:51 pm
Annette, hearing gunshots from inside and seeing the small zombie horde turn towards the house shouts, Howard!

She moves towards the house and fires a shot off at the lead zombie she wings the leg of the lead zombie as she gets winded running across the yard towards the house.

Rolls

Positive Dice (default, gun) - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (4) = 4

Negative Dice (default, panicked) - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (5) = 5

Feb 9, 2016 10:54 pm
"Good idea!" Jacob thinks as he sees Annette head for the door. "Let's get in and pile some shit behind the door!!" he yells as he fires off a shot...

[DEX 3]

Rolls

Positive [Gun, Default] - (1d6, 1d6)

Negative [Moving to the door, Default] - (1d6, 1d6)

Feb 12, 2016 12:57 am
As Jacob follows Annette he catches one of the zombies in the foot, sending it spinning and falling over. It continues its persuit in a crawl.

-- Zombie Turn --

All of the outdoor zombies shamble towards the front door. They only make it a quarter of the way across the yard, but another cluster is filing in behind them. The count has to be over 20 or so.

Inside the bear cub swipes his paw at Howard.

Dex 3
OOC:
Howard takes 3 total physical stress. The bonus one is because of the Bears natural claws. They add two dice to hit, and one bonus damage.

Rolls

Positive (default, claws, claws) - (1d6, 1d6, 1d6)

Negative Dice (default, slow) - (1d6, 1d6)

Feb 12, 2016 3:26 pm
Kel fires at the bear again, his resolve strengthened as he knows it is between him and his family.

Rolls

[+] 3 Dice: One die + pistol + family - (1d6, 1d6, 1d6)

[-] 2 Dice: One die + stress - (1d6, 1d6)

Feb 12, 2016 3:33 pm
With that shot the bear cub slumps limp to the ground.

With a commotion you hear people shouting, it's definitely Annette shouting for Howard, you hear two gunshots ring out just outside.
OOC:
Im assuming the characters can outrun the zombies so we can leave structured time for now. You are free to move about the game. Also couch lord is absent so I'm going to say his character is following Jacob and Annette.
Feb 12, 2016 3:45 pm
Kel rushes to the door, trying to open it "Hon, it's safe!" he calls to the other side. Knowing that crap is going down outside, he wants to move fast to reunite with his family and start packing supplies into the jeep.
Feb 12, 2016 3:52 pm
The door bursts open and your wife and kids are inside unharmed. They rush to you and cling to your side. One of the kids is half-crying and saying, "Daddy, I knew you would save us, I knew it!"

You hear the front door upstairs open, some shuffling of feet entering the house, then the door slams closed again. Annette calls down, "Howard! There are a ton of them out there, we need to block the door. Jacob, grab something to block this door!"

Kel, your wife looks at you, tears still in her eyes, "What is going on Kel, before we lost power the news was saying all sorts of crazy things."
load next

Thread locked