Guten Tag!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 10, 2019 10:55 pm
Hey there everybody!

After much searching, I've found a forum that does play by post and has a good reputation. I only hope that I'm not eaten alive after three posts, but we will see!

I go by Cyngi. I've been a pen and paper player for a wee four years, and I prefer the role of DM to the role of player, though both are fun in their own right. My preference for game is 5e for its simplicity, but I have experience with both it and pathfinder, and am open to learning other systems.

Now for the major caveat:

I HAVE MADE MY OWN WORLD. I AM THE RULER OF MY OWN DOMAIN.

I've been working on the place ever since I started gaming, and my race dynamic is standard with a dash of odd. The same is true with a lot of other things, but that really leads to the question I want to pose to anybody who reads this thread. How willing are you to learn and act in a player made world, with a new character creation, in a chain that could potentially last years?

I've always been a very long term player, and while I don't have much of anything logged digitally I am going to be making a few google documents going over the finer points of what I deem necessary. I'm a very improvisational, story focused GM. My goal is to make you feel important, but not invincible,

My introduction is really more of a dipstick in the general feel of this forum. Being brand new, I want to suss out what I'm in for.

Thanks in advance to anybody who gives this the time of day!
Aug 10, 2019 10:59 pm
This one looks tasty....

Erhm! I mean, welcome! There's games of all sorts here, some in established settings, some homemade, and from what I see everyone gets along nicely. What sort of setting did you make?
Aug 10, 2019 11:08 pm
A very good question. My setting is a mish-mash of quite a few classical RPG ideas, with some of my own stuff thrown in. Think if Middle Earth, Tamriel, Azeroth, whatever the Witcher's world's name is, and quite a few others woven into something entirely different, then injected one by one with ideas I thought to be neat. All intents and purposes, swords and horses, but it has enough weird angles to not really fit totally there.
Aug 10, 2019 11:21 pm
There is a lot of home brew games going on. Everything from minor tweaks to classes right up to complete new systems. I am sure you will find players
Aug 10, 2019 11:33 pm
Welcome!
Aug 11, 2019 12:04 am
Welcome!
Aug 11, 2019 12:28 am
Welcome Cyngi!
Aug 11, 2019 5:34 am
Guten tag, Cyngi! Herzlich willkommen! (I took a German class way back in college, but that's about the entirety of what I remember!)

Don't forget to check out the New GP Member Guide.

Homebrew worlds and any sort of creativity is very welcome here! The Games Tavern is the place to watch for new games, or post an invitation to one of your own.

If you're interested in spectating, here is an index of public games.

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!
Last edited August 13, 2019 5:47 pm
Aug 11, 2019 6:42 am
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.