Side RP: Chaos in Hara

load previous
Aug 26, 2019 9:39 pm
In the alley, Swan is examining the side of the building for more loose boards. He doesn't like his chances, but he can't give up with following through to the best he can.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+9)

(7) + 9 = 16

Aug 26, 2019 9:42 pm
"I know it goes against your ethos, Coreene... and mine as well. Leaving people you know to be in danger is... well, the idea makes my stomach turn. But I fear you have stumbled upon something much larger than simply a missing mother. If you're to be able to help these people, you will need help. Help that I can only provide in the form of like-minded individuals," says Athisa. "You have a little bit of time before you would need to leave. Use it wisely."
Aug 26, 2019 9:46 pm
Swan's search is fruitful: the poor state of the warehouse is evident in a number of loose boards. One should be wide enough to squeeze through without making too much more noise. But then again, the crates weren't supposed to collapse in a great heap either.

This potential entrance into the warehouse is at the opposite end of the building where the big guy and the elf appeared from. A back corner of sorts, if they're using the building in the usual fashion, front doors in front and so on.
Aug 27, 2019 12:13 am
Coreene wipes her eyes, tears of frustration coming forth at knowing that Athisa is rarely ever wrong. "You're right. But I am going to do what I can to keep my promises here..." she tells Athisa. "Tell the others that we will meet them at the appointed time and place. Hopefully Occasa will favor me as I make some reckless decisions." she says with a slight laugh.
She says goodbye to her former teacher, expressing her hopes that it won't be the last time, and places the whitestone disk back in her pocket. After a deep breath, she returns to her and Uelten's hiding spot.
Aug 27, 2019 12:31 am
"Here. These boards are loose, if we're patient, we can widen this gap to wiggle through. After that, I'm not sure. Disguise ourselves and 'join up'?" He looks at her hands as if expecting to see a noise maker. "Your pockets aren't going to burst into song, again, are they?"
Aug 27, 2019 12:59 am
"No. Just communication from an old colleague. Let's have a small discussion before we continue." She tells Uelten about the call from Athisa and how she wants them to meet with another group. She also tells him of the other group's discovery and how they discovered a group that is targeting magic users and their possible connection to the happenings in Hara.
"These guys may be more than we can handle, but we need to get Minama's mother out before they have a chance to move their operation." she tells him. "But then where..." She begins to think about where her and her mother would be able to go after she was rescued... outside the city? Too dangerous. Almost as dangerous as staying inside the city. "Should we even do this before we can deal with the bigger problem?" she asks him.
Last edited August 27, 2019 2:55 pm
Aug 27, 2019 1:17 am
Swan scratches his chin, his ears picking the threads of her story apart for tidbits and cadence. "I don't know. We can't deal with all of those guards without a grand scheme and a whole lot of treachery. It occurs to me, did they kidnap these 40 people this week, or are they gathering them slowly. If it is the latter, then she isn't in immediate danger. Gathering some reinforcements would be wise."
Aug 27, 2019 11:32 am
She sighs heavily, clutching her face. "I hate this. I really do. But we need help. If we can't take care of the problem in one fell swoop, there isn't a point. We would simply be putting these people in more danger." She shakes her head in frustration. "Let's head back to town. I can at least finish my business with my patient, and we can let the girl know it will be a few days before she sees her mother. It'll be better than letting her worry about it and get things all twisted up in her head."
Aug 27, 2019 2:47 pm
OOC:
Let me know when you’re ready to fade to black on this scene. No rush, though!
Aug 27, 2019 2:52 pm
OOC:
I think I'm ready if Qralloq is.
Aug 27, 2019 3:02 pm
OOC:
That's a great place to fade out. +1

You do not have permission to post in this thread.