1.3 Slaver's Lair

load previous
Dec 28, 2015 4:30 pm
Weylan staggers up to Seneia and the elf, wheezing from the heavy exertion of running this whole distance. After catching his breath: "Where is our friend Milly?" Weylan snarls to the elf, his voice cracking in the middle.

(edited to correct color for speech)
Last edited January 21, 2016 3:53 pm
Dec 28, 2015 4:58 pm
Seneia gives the elf a light push when they approach the rest of the group. "Sorry, friend. After trying to come through here, you don't get to take the moral high ground. We know what's going on around here. All we need now is some details."
Dec 28, 2015 5:01 pm
Elden gasps as the healing energy flows through him and his eyes pop open. He lets Szent help him up and sees Seneia approaching with the captive. He glares at the elf but otherwise lets Seneia and Weylan handle him. He takes a look around at his other friends, "Is anyone hurt?"
Dec 29, 2015 8:36 pm
The elf shrugs, "No idea. Never heard of her. Is she famous or something?"
Dec 30, 2015 7:37 am
"Our friend, a girl named Milly, was kidnapped and taken down here." Weylan peers at the elf and tries to get a read on him. *He's remarkably flip about the situation. Is he just playing it cool, or does he genuinely know nothing about the slavers?*

(edited to correct color for speech; at some point in this thread, I started posting it completely backwards)
Last edited January 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Rolls

Insight check - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Dec 30, 2015 2:07 pm
I attempt to drag the unconscious guy back to the rest of the group before giving up and sitting next to him and watch the others interrogate the other guy. I need a break anyway!
Dec 30, 2015 10:42 pm
Seeing that Weylan has started questioning the elf, Szent will walk over to his side and give the elf an intimidating look.

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Jan 2, 2016 2:23 pm
Weylan's insight into the elf's behavior reveals, despite his calm exterior he really is pissed off. Weylan recognizes wizards are highly intelligent, and truly the elf might have a point. Szent looms over the elf to try to extract a more helpful response.

Despite the intimidation, the elf's anger seems to drive what comes from his lips. He stares with piercing eyes at Seneia. "Are you for real? Are you saying because we happen to be in the same place as you that gives you the right to be judge, jury and executioner? You kill my friends and justify it by saying we shouldn't be here? ... You shouldn't be here either! You look far too young to be wandering the sewers without your momma!"
Jan 3, 2016 6:51 am
"Don't! Don't bring my mama into this. DON'T." Weylan points a quivering finger at the condescending elf.

"We don't want to execute anybody. Everyone we've met down here has attacked us. Your friend was talking about her" (indicating Feylinde) "a lot like a slaver would. Are you saying you're not a slave trader? We're trying to rescue our friend before she's sold as a slave, and we're going to do whatever it takes to get her back."

Last edited January 21, 2016 3:55 pm
Jan 3, 2016 7:14 am
The gentle cleric nods his agreement with Weylan even as he wipes tears from his eyes. He's having a hard time with all the killing. He takes a shuddering breath and steadied himself before walking up to the elf, "You're going to tell us everything you know about what's going on down here or you will have to answer to me... After I let Rufio here have his way with you. I hate the violence, and I hate the killing. But I hate what's going on down here even more."
Last edited January 3, 2016 7:14 am
Jan 3, 2016 8:11 am
Rufio looks up when his name is mentioned. Teeth bared, he growls at the elf. He then goes back to searching the downed half-orc. He notices that the half-orc is wearing some wolf fur and has some jewelry made from wolf teeth and wolf claws. He takes these, intending to later fashion a wolf totem for himself. He barely suppresses the urge to howl.
Last edited January 3, 2016 2:12 pm
Jan 3, 2016 9:04 am
Seneia regards Rufio's display of ferocity and then turns to the elf.

"So, shall you talk to him or me?" she asks. "There is still time to pretend that your obnoxiousness is actually founded and you are not just having a huffy for having to surrender to a little girl like me, and give us your version of the story. Who are you and what are you doing down here?"
Jan 3, 2016 4:55 pm
"Slavery? No, there's no slavery here. We are in the recruitment business. We provide a service to those looking for employment."

"It would appear you are at something of a loose end, wandering the sewers, murdering random passers by. Perhaps you'd be interested in employment to keep you, er, occupied?"
Jan 5, 2016 7:56 am
Weylan is puzzled and abashed and suspicious, all at once.

(OoC: Trying to roll Insight to see whether this guy is speaking euphemistically about slavery as "employment," or whether he is actually unrelated to the slavers and so it was unhappy coincidence that brought them there at nearly the same time.

Rolls

Insight check (what does he mean, "Employment?" - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Jan 5, 2016 1:58 pm
Elden raises an eyebrow at the elf, not sure if he can believe what he's hearing.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Jan 5, 2016 2:38 pm
"Recruitment? You mean forced recruitment?" Seneia asks. "We know a girl who was recruited by someone down here, and the circumstances she was taken here."

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Jan 5, 2016 6:15 pm
I leave the unconscious guy on the floor and head towards the others. "Milly is blonde. She sings, and probably came by not too long ago. You would remember her. We're trying to find out if someone hurt her. If they did, we're gonna hurt them back. We don't wanna hurt or kill anyone, but she's part of our family and she's missing. She was last seen coming this way. We need to know if she's ok. Can you help us or are you trying to get in our way? I put my hands on my hips and glare at him, making note of his eye and hair color in case I need to remember that later.

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+7)

(13) + 7 = 20

Jan 5, 2016 11:24 pm
The elf sees a larger group gathering around him now. It is Alanya who is getting his face, while Seneia, Elden and Weylan ponder wistfully over what the heck the elf is banging on about. The elf responds to Alanya. "Yes, I remember her, now you describe her. A name wasn't much to go on." He sighs, "How am I, or can I get in you way? Are you going to release me or kill me?"

Meanwhile Seneia and Weylan are studying his body language. The elf is a great diplomat, and they are beginning to realize that maybe they were a little hasty when randomly killing passers by.

Merlin sent a note to Naatkinson
Jan 5, 2016 11:56 pm
"Like I said, I don't want to kill anyone! That's the last thing I want! There's been too much bloodshed as it is. I don't like it, so let's try this again. I'm Alanya. And you are?" I wait for a response before I continue. You say that your friends help people find jobs. Let's say that's true. Was Milly one of those people?"
Jan 7, 2016 3:43 pm
Weylan is impatient that the elf is taking so long to respond to Milly's conversation; as far as he knows, the elf's group attacked them first (he was facing the wrong way when Feylinde started the combat). "You've seen her? Where? Where has she gone now?"

Last edited January 21, 2016 3:56 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.