1.3 Slaver's Lair

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 29, 2015 4:26 pm
After a hectic exploration of the sewers the orphans decide to rest. After some discussion they decide the safest place to rest is the passage with the grate. Being 30' long there is enough room for 6 of the party to rest with one on guard duty.

Seneia takes first watch for 2 hours (perception rolled by DM below)
Feylinde takes next watch for 2 hours (perception rolled by DM below)
Alanya third watch 2 hours (5 perception)
Szent last watch 2 hours (15 perception)

First watch - Seneia (personal note from DM)

Merlin sent a note to Gargoyle

Rolls

Seneia perception - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Feylinde perception - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Nov 29, 2015 6:05 pm
Rufio dreams.

He climbs a hill so steep it might have been a cliff face. The wind buffets him and every so often he slips, losing ground, as he scrabbles slowly up the rocky surface. At the top, watching him intently, is a pack of wolves. Rufio nears the top and the pack leader, a great, scarred male, snarls at him, teeth bared, hackles raised. Rufio leaps to the top and snarls a challenge. The two circle each other, growling. The alpha leaps, jaws snapping at Rufio's throat. Rufio dodges, and counters with a solid fist to the ribcage. The wolf yelps but deftly reverses direction, clamping painfully on the human's leg behind the knee, causing him to falter. Rufio turns his stumble into a headlong dive, locking the wolf in a bone-breaking embrace. The combatants roll around in the dirt, scratching and biting, blood and spittle mingling with the dust. Somehow they break free of each other and begin circling again, both wounded and limping. Now that they have taken the measure of each other, there is respect in their eyes. But there is a contest yet to be decided. The wolf lunges first. Same old tactic: jaws aimed for the throat. Rufio is quicker, and ready: he ducks, and grabbing the wolf's throat and foreleg as it overshoots, uses its momentum to slam it, muzzle first, into the ground. The wolf tumbles, dazed, scrabbling to right itself. Rufio kicks, punches, gouges and tears. He grabs the alpha's fractured jaws and pries them apart with all his strength, not stopping until he hears bones crack. The wolf goes limp. Rufio lifts the defeated pack leader, raises it over his head, and hurls it from the hilltop. He turns. The pack, his pack, is watching him. He raises his head and howls.
Nov 29, 2015 6:51 pm
Her mentors would probably frown at her. Not sitting down to calm both her mind and body, while still staying alert. Instead Seneia stays on her feet, silently prowling around the quiet campsite, her eyes narrowing as she peers at this shadow and that.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Nov 29, 2015 9:19 pm
Seneia wonders... Was that a sound? If it was it is some distance away.
Nov 30, 2015 5:52 am
Seneia looks at her resting companions. Then she silently slips away into the darkness, towards the sound. Not far, but far enough to disappear from the circle of light, to identify the sound and maybe catch a glimpse.

Gargoyle sent a note to Merlin
Dec 1, 2015 12:20 am
The sound is very distant, and at first it seems it was a figment of her imagination. But as Seneia concentrates the hairs on the back of her neck prickle. She is sure she can hear voices, and they seem to be from up the stairs. Then she realises that if anyone passes through the guard room they'll find two dead guards and an open door... Certainly not the normal state of affairs...
Dec 2, 2015 12:52 pm
After being away for mere seconds, Seneia slips back into the camp and starts waking everyone up. She moves from one companion to another, pressing her hand on their mouth to prevent them from screaming, lifts her finger before her mouth, and whispers.

"Someone is coming! Through the room with the guards. Get ready, hide into the shadows."
Dec 2, 2015 1:39 pm
Rufio wakes from his dream to find Seneia bending over him, her hand to his mouth. She's so soft, and smells so good! He nods when she bids him to stay quiet, and moves into the shadows.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Perception - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Dec 2, 2015 1:49 pm
Elden awakes to Seneia's touch and nods grimly at her warning. Trying not to be too loud he gets up and tries to find a good place to hide, feeling vulnerable without his armor on. He keeps an ear out for the approaching guards and prepares to cast a spell of light if things get bad so he can see.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Stealth - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Dec 2, 2015 5:23 pm
Weylan had imagined being wakened by Seneia in the past, and blushes at the memory. He nods and then gets self-consciously to his little feet, wiping away the traces of drool that had trickled down his face as he slept with his mouth open. *Ugh...I was probably snoring, too!*
Last edited December 2, 2015 5:23 pm
Dec 2, 2015 10:48 pm
A startled Szent reaches for the hand covering his mouth, grabbing Seneia's forearm in the process. Quickly realizing who's waking him he releases his grip and give her an apologetic look while nodding to acknowledge her warning. Still in his armor, he'll do his best to quietly sneak into a hiding spot.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Stealth (Disadvantage) - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Dec 2, 2015 11:41 pm
I'm a light sleeper, so when Seneia wakes me, it takes just a few moments before I'm wide awake. Not the most comfortable place to sleep, but I've done way worse so I have no complaints. I walk away from the light and stick to the shadows, trying to hear whatever she heard.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Perception - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Dec 3, 2015 4:38 am
(If you are hiding roll stealth, but more specifically where are you hiding. The cavern is quite large, and you are presently at the northern exit, which is blocked with a gate. SE of where you are is the entrance to the cavern, where a stairway ascends to the guard room. My impression is everyone is hiding near where you slept so you have smothered all light sources?)
Dec 3, 2015 4:52 am
Weylan attempts to creep over to a stalagmite so that it will shield him from view of the stairs...but it's all awkward groping in the dark, of course. He won't know how well-hidden he is until something with a light source comes down the stairs (at which point he may be surprised to see which side of the stalagmite he's on!).
Last edited December 3, 2015 6:28 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Dec 3, 2015 6:41 pm
Feylinde wakes up as soon as Seneia touch her, since it didn't pass much time after she laid down.

Following the exemple of her fellow she moved toward a stalagmite to hide behind it, then sent her familiar to scout ahead stealthy.

OOC: the idea is to roll stealth for the PC and the cat ... then use an action to see and hear through the familiar (it must be within 100 feet, so I'll send him toward the voices as far as I can.
I've added a perception check, just in case :P.

Rolls

Stealth check (Feylinde) - (1d20+1)

(20) + 1 = 21

Stealth check (Familiar cat) - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Perception (familiar) - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Dec 4, 2015 3:08 am
The group scatters to hide in the cavern behind any suitable stalagmite of other obstruction. Generally the attempts are what you'd expect of a bunch of teenagers... "I'll hide here" "I wanted to hide there" "ouch, who's that" "Did you fart?" etc. When they finally settle on a hiding place they extinguish any lights and wait in anticipation.

The silence in the cavern is deafening, but then they hear the voices whispering as someone (or more?) descends the stairs. "Shhhh, something isn't right here, take care...."

Feylinde's cat is closest to the stairs, and she watches through its eyes. A few moments later a small halfling creeps into the cavern. He peers around. He whispers behind him, "I can't see anything, let's head to the passage." As he steps into the cavern there are three more people following. One is a burly half-Orc, and a human is in chain mail. At the rear is an elf in robes.

When he takes a few steps he stops abruptly... "I can see a cat... There is definitely someone down here!"

(Everyone roll initiative. Please note you may assume a short rest at this time...)

Rolls

Secret Roll

Initiative - opposing party - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Dec 4, 2015 3:22 am
Initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Dec 4, 2015 3:43 am
Szent's grip on his hammer tightens as he hears the voices.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Dec 4, 2015 4:42 am
I stare intently in the direction of the voices. I hope they don't get the jump on us! We're really good at being sneaky, so we should be fine...

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Dec 4, 2015 7:08 am
Weylan tries to be alert...but it's tough when he's still trying not to giggle about that fart comment.
Last edited December 4, 2015 7:10 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Dec 4, 2015 5:00 pm
Seneia stands quietly in shadows, her infernal eyes piercing the darkness.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Dec 4, 2015 10:26 pm
Feylinde grips her arcane focus ready to jump on them as the fight will begin.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

Dec 5, 2015 2:05 am
Rufio had indeed farted, but he'll never admit it. He tenses up as he hears voices, but he can't see a damn thing in the dark. He grips the light stone in his pocket but keeps it hidden in there.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Dec 6, 2015 3:12 am
Initiative order: Feylinde, Baddies, Alanya, Szent, Seneia, Weylan, Eiden, Rufio

Through the eyes of her familiar Feylinde realises her cat has been spotted by the opposing party...

Feylinde to act.
Dec 6, 2015 8:11 am
Feylinde orders telephatically to her familiar to run through the enemy lines, hoping to distract them. Then as soon as one of them comes in sight (darkvision 60 ft), she casts an Eldritch Blast to the target, shouting "You find me and will regret it! AHAHAHAH!.

After that she moves toward the tunnel where she and her friends were resting, with the plan in mind to create as much confusion as she could.

Rolls

Ranged Spell Attack (advantage if not seen) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (14) + 5 = 19

1d20+5 : (6) + 5 = 11

Force Damage - (1d10+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Dec 6, 2015 4:31 pm
As it is obvious that at least one of the enemies can see in darkness, Seneia remains in hiding until they come closer. She hopes to slip between the enemies and face anyone that might stay behind the others.
Dec 7, 2015 4:09 am
As the halfling attempts to creep forwards he is suddenly hit by a blast. "Shit, we are under attack!" The halfling immediately sees Feylinde... "There's the bitch!" He attempts to shift into the shadows to creep up on her. (Roll perception greater than 21 to see him)

The bulky half-Orc charges Feylinde. (Take 6 damage)

The chain mailed person casts light on a stalagmite to illuminate the area.

The elf casts a spell (spellcraft to recognize). (Expeditious Retreat, to avoid all the facetious comments).

You are all within 50' of each other.

Halfling takes 6 damage from Eldritch blast.

Rolls

Stealth - halfling - (1d20+6)

(15) + 6 = 21

Charge - half orc - (1d20+6)

(12) + 6 = 18

Dec 7, 2015 5:26 am
Weylan blinks in the light and attempts to assess the attackers...but he has no idea (possibly he's even looking in the wrong direction and misses most of it).
Last edited December 7, 2015 5:27 am

Rolls

Perception (vs 21) - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Spellcraft? (assuming Arcana) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Dec 7, 2015 8:52 pm
OOC: just to roll Arcana and Perception .... mmm i think i've no idea :D
Last edited December 7, 2015 8:53 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Arcana - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Dec 7, 2015 8:54 pm
Elden tries to discern what spell was cast by the enemy spellcaster

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Perception - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Dec 7, 2015 10:59 pm
Szent will rush the closes enemy that he can spot and if able to take a two handed swing with his hammer.

Rolls

Hammer Time! [+5] - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Hammer Damage! [+5] - (1d10+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Dec 8, 2015 4:49 am
(Please go ahead and take your actions for remainder of round)

Imagine the two parties are 50' apart with Feylinde and Halforc in between. The elf is at the back of the party maybe 30' back. Thus it is difficult to charge unless double speed is 80'. Plus there may be ooa to pass through party.
Dec 8, 2015 6:07 am
Rolling Perception.

Spotting what the halfling is up to, Seneia rushes up to him and attempts to foil his plans with couple well-placed kicks.

Rolling one extra die for the critical hit damage.
Last edited December 8, 2015 6:12 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Attacks (Flurry of Blows for free unarmed) - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (20) + 4 = 24

1d20+4 : (15) + 4 = 19

Damage - (1d4+2, 1d4+2)

1d4+2 : (4) + 2 = 6

1d4+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

Critical hit extra damage - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Dec 8, 2015 6:54 am
Weylan is grateful for the sudden illumination. But then he's horrified that the light reveals the sight of dainty Feylinde being beaten down by a massive half-orc.

He has seen too many of his friends hurt today.

Too many.

Something snaps in the little halfling. His shame at his behavior, the memory of Alanya's scorn, the horror of killing, all fade, and all he can see is Feylinde being attacked. His vision clouds, his teeth grit, veins bulge on his neck as he yells in fury and races across the cavern at the half-orc attacking his friend (bonus action to rage, move action to cross 25' to half-orc) His squeaky little voice roars as he sees red, and he strikes at the foe viciously with Pretty again and again. (Using Frenzy to attack a second time)

Rolls

Rage attack with Pretty, damage (with rage bonus) - (1d20+4, 1d10+4)

1d20+4 : (12) + 4 = 16

1d10+4 : (8) + 4 = 12

Frenzy attack with Pretty, damage (with rage bonus) - (1d20+4, 1d10+4)

1d20+4 : (8) + 4 = 12

1d10+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

Dec 8, 2015 3:30 pm
Elden is concerned about the enemy spellcaster but won't be able to reach him in time, so he calls forth a magical hammer to attack the caster while he rushes toward Feylinde's attacker, swinging his mace at the man, aiming to knock him out rather than kill him.

Casting Spiritual Weapon (Range 60 feet) by the enemy caster to keep him busy.

Total of 12 damage on the half-orc, aimed to knock out rather than kill
Last edited December 8, 2015 3:30 pm

Rolls

Mace attack on Half-orc - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d6+2 : (5) + 2 = 7

Spiritual Weapon Attack on enemy spellcaster - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d8+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

Extra Crit damage on Mace - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Dec 8, 2015 3:39 pm
There's not enough time, but just knowing there is someone out there casting spells pisses me off. I'll show them! With a flourish of arm movement and a rhythmic incantation, a blanket of silence slowly envelops the elf.

OOC: Casting silence- For the duration, no sound can be created within or pass through a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on a point you choose within range. Any creature or object entirely inside the sphere is immune to thunder damage, and creatures are deafened while entirely inside it. Casting a spell that includes a verbal component is impossible there.

Bonus action- inspire Feylinde!
Last edited December 8, 2015 3:55 pm
Dec 8, 2015 6:57 pm
With a wolf-howl, Rufio charges the half-orc, aiming a kick to its groin.

-Bonus action to enter Rage.
-Wolf Totem Spirit: While you're raging, your friends have advantage on melee attack rolls against any creature within 5 feet of you that is hostile to you.

Rolls

Raging kick attack - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

damage (includes rage bonus) - (1d4+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Dec 9, 2015 5:01 am
(Elden... There are 2 spell casters. You can reach human with spiritual hammer but not elf. Which are you attacking?)

Ooc: apologies, I am overseas so don't have my books so probably can't post anything useful until Weekend.
Dec 12, 2015 2:30 pm
(Ooc: ok I am back)

Initiative order: Feylinde, Baddies, Alanya, Szent, Seneia, Weylan, Eiden, Rufio

Alanya casts silence in the vicinity of the elf. The elf is isolated at the back of the enemy party, and no-one else is affected. In addition Feylinde feels inspired (add 1d6 to a single die roll).

Szent rushes towards the half-orc swinging his hammer. The blow connects soundly. (9 damage).

Seneia pauses to examine the shadows. She knows the halfling is around here somewhere. She sees a movement and acts swiftly, delivering a couple of blows into the shadows. She hears a groan as both fists connect. The halfling crumples to the ground.(11 damage).

Weylan suddenly sees red as the half-orc attacks Feylinde. Raging in attack he attempts to deliver two blows, but only one connects. (12 damage).

Elden summons a spiritual weapon to attack the chain mailed human. The weapon misses. As a follow up action Elden rushes up to the half-Orc and delivers a mighty blow (12 damage).

Rufio rages and attacks the half-Orc, kicking out and connecting. (7 damage). The half-Orc crumples to the ground under Rufio's kick thanks to the pummeling he'd already received. (Ooc: DM note, there are now 5 players engaged in melee with half-orc).

Total damage record
Feylinde: 6 damage
Halfling: 6 + 11 = 17 damage - dies
Half-Orc: 40 damage - dies
Human: 0 damage
Elf: 0 damage

End of Round

Feylinde you are up.

Rolls

Elf - spellcraft - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Dec 13, 2015 3:56 pm
Round Two

(OoC: I know that I'm way down the initiative order and it's Feylinde's turn; I'm just submitting my move now as it's a busy day today and I may not have time later.)

Weylan will rush forward, moving his full 25' movement to the chain-mailed human.

If the human is still up when Weylan gets to him, his action will be a reckless attack (well, two reckless attacks, using frenzy). If the human has been subdued by the time his little legs get him there, Weylan will use his action to move to close with the quiet elf, and his frenzied attack will be on the elf).

(Edit:...and that's a lot of missing!)
Last edited December 13, 2015 3:58 pm

Rolls

Reckless attack on chain-mailed human (advantage) - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (10) + 4 = 14

Damage for first reckless attack - (1d10+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Frenzied reckless attack on chain-mailed human (advantage) - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

1d20+4 : (2) + 4 = 6

Damage for frenzied reckless attack - (1d10+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Dec 14, 2015 4:55 am
(Ooc: as I stated before we started, if a player can't play and doesn't advise such I will carry on regardless)

Round 2

Feylinde returns to the relative safety of the tunnel satisfied her friends can deal with the danger.

Just seeing two of their friends scythed down instantly, the bad guys realize they are in dire peril. The elf quickly realises he is silenced, and turns and runs (expeditious retreat = 60 +60 +60=180' from fight). The human looks worried, now standing alone, and quickly weaves a spell directed at the person who just knocked down the mighty half orc (Rufio, will save DC 15 or be paralyzed). The human casts a second spell (sanctuary, DC 15, all roll will save to attack him).
Dec 14, 2015 5:51 am
I take a few steps closer, and if I'm able to get the human caster in my sights and in range, I will aim a familiar discordant melody towards him.

Casting: Dissonant Whispers- Range 60 feet. The target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 3d6 psychic damage and must immediately use its reaction, if available, to move as far as its speed allows away from you. The creature doesn’t move into obviously dangerous ground, such as a fire or a pit. On a successful save, the target takes half as much damage and doesn’t have to move away. A deafened creature automatically succeeds on the save.

P.S. Not sure if I Will Save applies on spell attacks.
Last edited December 14, 2015 5:51 am

Rolls

Will Save - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Dissonant Whispers Damage - (3d6)

(535) = 13

Dec 14, 2015 12:27 pm
Having kept her eyes on the elf all through the conflict, Seneia reacts immediately when he turns and run. Her hooves barely touch the ground as she dashes through the cavern after the elf, softly and quietly like the wind.

Spend 1 point of Ki for a dash bonus action for 40'+40' of movement. Add movement action and regular action for 40'+40' more, for a total of 160' of movement.
Dec 14, 2015 10:32 pm
Szent and his hammer run towards the human caster ready to strike should he get close enough.

Rolls

Wisdom Check - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Hammer Attack/Damage - (1d20+5, 1d10+3)

1d20+5 : (18) + 5 = 23

1d10+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

Dec 15, 2015 12:00 am
Here's Weylan's WIS save to continue his attack on the chainmail-clad human.

…which may explain why he missed/is going to miss so badly.
Last edited December 15, 2015 12:01 am

Rolls

WIS check - (1d20+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Dec 15, 2015 4:00 am
Rufio tries to fight, but his body does not respond. He is paralyzed.

DM note: paralysis was flavor text. It was actually hold person, in case you hadn't guessed.
Last edited December 15, 2015 4:01 am

Rolls

WIS save vs paralysis - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Dec 15, 2015 4:47 am

Round 2 continued.

Alanya seeks to cast a spell at the cleric but as she focuses on him she feels calm and pacified. She wonders why she was even thinking that.

Seneia sprints after the elf, and closes the gap by 40'. She is now only 40' behind him.

Szent rushes towards the human cleric, but suddenly pauses. The guy seems so peaceful, why would a paladin attack him?

Weylan notices Szent pause and sympathizes, commenting to the paladin, "Seems harmless enough to me."

Rufio pauses too, except his pause seems to be in perpetuity...

Elden sees Feylinde wander off and goes to see what's the matter.

End of Round 2

Feylinde you are up again... You have 24 hours...

Dec 15, 2015 5:40 am
I'm assuming the elf keeps on running, so I'll repeat last round's actions to catch up with him.

As she is gaining on the escaping elf, Seneia lets out couple sharp shouts, usually used to emphasise the more aggressive training sequences she's doing, hoping to shake him concentration.
Dec 15, 2015 6:05 pm
Round three for Weylan

Clearly the man in chainmail is not a threat, but Seneia is running off into the dark! We must help her!

On his turn, Weylan will pursue the tiefling and the elf (even though, with a 25' move doubled to 50', he'll never catch either of them).

Q: How far does the light that the chainmail guy cast on the stalagmite extend?

A. 20' radius bright light + 20' dim light.

(edit: added round number to diminish confusion)
Last edited December 15, 2015 6:40 pm
Dec 15, 2015 6:33 pm
Round 3

Elden attempts to attack the enemy that's still in their midst while calling the spiritual hammer back to his side to aid him in his attacks. He will attempt to knock his opponent out rather than kill him.
Last edited December 16, 2015 1:41 pm

Rolls

Wisdom Saves (for Elden attack as well as hammer) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (10) + 5 = 15

1d20+5 : (11) + 5 = 16

Mace attack - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (1) + 4 = 5

1d6+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Spiritual hammer attack - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (9) + 5 = 14

1d8+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Dec 16, 2015 3:42 am
Initiative order: Feylinde, Baddies,Alanya, Szent, Seneia, Weylan, Eiden, Rufio

Round 3

Feylinde waits at the grate.

Seeing that Seneia is gaining the elf slows to cast a spell. (Color Spray). Seneia is blinded.

Now apparently secure in his sanctuary the human cleric casts a spell (Shield of Faith) then double moves towards the stairs (60').

All characters may act. ( noted some have posted but need all to post. You may change your actions if necessary)

Rolls

Color spray - (6d10)

(5621026) = 31

Dec 16, 2015 9:38 am
Seneia lets out a low growl when the blinding colours hit her face. However, it's not the first time she has faced someone without being able to see them - honing her instincts blindfolded is part of practicing to master her instincts and movements. She lets her momentum to carry her to the vicinity of the elf and tries to hit him with long, sweeping strikes.

Is 12 enough to hit the elf?
Last edited December 16, 2015 9:39 am

Rolls

Attack 1 (disadvantage) - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (16) + 4 = 20

Attack 2 (disadvantage) - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (18) + 4 = 22

Damage for attack 2 - (1d4+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Dec 16, 2015 10:26 pm
Confused as to why the need to attack spell caster has subsided Szent violently shakes his head in an attempt to get his thoughts straightened out.

"There's no need to attack such a nice man, what's wrong with me?"
Last edited December 16, 2015 10:27 pm

Rolls

Wisdom Check - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Dec 16, 2015 11:10 pm
Feylinde returns to the cave where her mates are fighting to check what's going on.

OOC: I've tried to recap what has happened while i was away from the forum ... in this round my PC will not act, since I'm not sure on what's the situation ... correct me if I'm wrong ... there should be the elf running away chased by Seneia, but out of sight, and then an enemy cleric in the cavern under a sanctuary spell????
Dec 17, 2015 12:40 am
I run after the people who are fleeing in an attempt to prevent them from getting away. If I'm able to get within range of the guy who ran first, I step around my sphere of silence and cast sleep on him.
Last edited December 17, 2015 12:40 am

Rolls

Sleep - (5d8)

(32864) = 23

Dec 17, 2015 4:46 am
Initiative order: [s]Feylinde, Baddies,Alanya, Szent, Seneia, Weylan, Eiden, Rufio

Round 3 cont.

So the scene is set. The elf is on the verge of escape, and the cleric is running for freedom too.

Alanya takes hot pursuit, but is amazed at how fast everyone is running. At least the human cleric is only 60' away. She casts sleep at the cleric, but alas it has no effect (Ooc: he has more than 23 hit points).

Szent tries to overcome his hesitance to attack the cleric. He feels nothing but good will towards the guy.

Seneia is blinded. She knows which way she was running, but as she normally has dark vision the sudden darkness is unusual for her. She runs to where she last saw the elf, as best she can judge, but misses with her blow.

Weylan dashes to Seneia's aid, but not really closing the gap. He notices he's roughly keeping up with the cleric, but that's no real concern.

Elden sees the cleric running away, and immediately pursues, easily keeping up. The spiritual weapon cannot move as fast.

Rufio is aware of what's going on around him, but damn, why can't he move?

End of Round 3

Feylinde you are up. At this point the cleric is about 150' away from you, and the elf is about 200' from you.
Dec 17, 2015 12:19 pm
Round 4

OOC: Posting ahead as Rufio can do nothing this round anyway because saves occur at the end of one's turn. Aaand he fails it.
Last edited December 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Rolls

Wisdom save vs Hold Person - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Dec 18, 2015 4:29 am

Round 4.

Feylinde is distant from the action, but double moves 60' just in case she can help.

The elf sees Seneia rush towards where he was standing, and strike the space with precision despite being blind. **impressive**. As expeditious retreat and blindness didn't deter the pursuit he wonders if a bolt of fire might slow her down. He quickly casts the spell then sprints into the stairway opening moving 60'. 3 damage to Seneia.

The cleric was going unnoticed, but he's sure Elden is pursuing him. He turns and casts guided bolt at his foe. 19 damage to Elden... Ouch.

Everyone else's turn.

Rolls

Fire bolt attack, damage (advantage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5, 1d10)

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

1d20+5 : (3) + 5 = 8

1d10 : (3) = 3

Guided bolt -attack, damage - (1d20+4, 4d6)

1d20+4 : (19) + 4 = 23

4d6 : (6355) = 19

Dec 18, 2015 5:38 am
Elden staggers in his pursuit as the bolt hits him and returns fire with one of his own. If the hammer is close enough to the other cleric he will call that over attack the cleric as well.

Assuming his sanctuary is gone since he attacked
Last edited December 18, 2015 5:40 am

Rolls

Guiding Bolt on enemy Cleric - (1d20+5, 4d6)

1d20+5 : (17) + 5 = 22

4d6 : (6436) = 19

Spiritual Weapon attack on cleric - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (20) + 5 = 25

1d8+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

Spiritual Weapon crit - (1d8)

(8) = 8

Dec 18, 2015 3:39 pm
Feylinde keeps running trying to catch up on the others ...

OOC: she continues to use Dash action untill she sees the cleric, then attacks with Eldritch Blast ... the spell has a range of 120 ft, but my darkvision is only 60 feet.
Dec 20, 2015 10:25 am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I am waiting for 4 more posts.
Dec 20, 2015 1:33 pm
Seneia feels the magical fire upon her and draws from the teachings of the Way of the Four Elements. She lets the fire flow over and past her like water, leaving her bare hands arms slightly singed, but the rest of her unhurt.

Seneia shakes her head to clear her vision and runs after the elf, moving 80'.
Dec 20, 2015 3:36 pm
I keep running towards that cleric, shouting obscenities at him in frustration.

OOC: vicious mockery- must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (13) or take 1d4 psychic damage and have disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn.

Rolls

Damage? - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Dec 20, 2015 3:47 pm
Knowing that he is unlikely to catch up to the fleeing enemies Szent will hold his position and check his surroundings.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Dec 21, 2015 4:08 am
Round 4 cont

Alanya casts vicious mockery on cleric.

Szent can't keep up with the speed of the pursuit and decides to stay near their camp.

Seneia dashes towards the elf (now just 10' behind). Both are running up the stairs.

Weylan stays with Szent.

Eiden reels from the bolt and thinks **i can do that too** He strikes the cleric for 19 damage. The spiritual hammer is lagging behind the action.

Rufio continues to "observe".

Cleric: 22 damage
Elf: 0 damage

End of Round 4

Feylinde you are up... You continue to run towards the cleric and will catch up this round after a dash.

Rolls

Cleric wisdom save - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Damage - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Dec 21, 2015 4:20 am
Round 5

Feylinde catches up with the cleric.

Cleric unleashes sacred flame on Elden (dex save DC 13 or take 5 damage).

The Elf casts fire bolt at Seneia then runs 30' up the stairs, arriving in the guard room. (40' ahead of monk).

Everyone's turn.

Rolls

Fire bolt - (1d20+5, 1d10)

1d10 : (1) = 1

Dec 21, 2015 7:02 am
Seneia barely notices the second fire bolt as she dashes up the stairs. She reaches the elf, turning the final couple steps into a leap, led by her fists ready to greet the elf.

Rolls

1d20+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

1d20+4 : (15) + 4 = 19

Damage (if hits) - (1d4+2, 1d4+2)

1d4+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Dec 21, 2015 3:54 pm
OOC: Wisdom save vs Hold Person (occurs at the very end of this round)
Last edited December 22, 2015 8:28 am

Rolls

Wisdom save vs Hold Person - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Dec 21, 2015 3:57 pm
Elden is too slow to avoid the Sacred Flame and crumples to the ground in a heap

EDIT: added Death Save
Last edited December 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Rolls

Dex Save vs sacred flame - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Death Save - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Dec 21, 2015 5:03 pm
Seeing that Elden has hit the ground Szent will make his way towards him and check on his condition.

(Assuming that he can see him AND can get to him this turn)

Rolls

Medicine Check (Either to stabilize, if needed, or check on his condition) - (1d20+1)

(20) + 1 = 21

Dec 22, 2015 5:31 am
I see Elden fall, and immediately turn on the cleric and attempt to smack him in the face with the blunt side of my rapier to knock him out.

Rolls

Attack? - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Damage? - (1d8+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Dec 22, 2015 6:11 pm
Feylinde ran for few seconds to catch up with the others and, finally, a target. Just in time to see Elden fall, there the damned cleric.

*Szent will take care of him* she thought, starting invoking her patron's powers.

OOC. So i dashed this round and can attack on next one. Am I correct? ^_^
Dec 23, 2015 12:22 am

Alanya sees Elden fall, and the cleric meets her wrath. Smacking him with her rapier the astonished cleric crumples to the ground.

Meanwhile only Seneia is keeping pace with the elf. Finally she catches up and plants a fist in his smug face. (3 damage).

End of Round 5

Beginning Round 6

Feylinde is about to hit the cleric when she sees Alanya take him down. She nods to Alanya with respect.

Only the elf remains. Now toe to toe with a monk, his prospects are not looking good. With a smile he raises his arms in surrender.

Rest of party to go...
Dec 23, 2015 5:11 am
Weylan will eventually catch up to Seneia, panting after running up the stairs...
Dec 23, 2015 5:38 am
"Anyone have rope? We need to tie up this guy before he wakes up!"
Dec 23, 2015 5:48 am
When the cleric falls to Alanya's wrath his magical hold on Rufio is released. Cursing, Rufio rushes forward but knows he can never catch up. He pauses by Szent kneeling over Elden. "He alright?" He then goes back and searches the fallen half-orc and halfling for clues.
Dec 23, 2015 9:34 am
Seneia prepares to follow her punches with a hefty round-house kick, but holds herself back when the elf raises his hands. She watches him carefully for few moments, daring him to do something stupid.

"All right", she says finally and nods back towards the others. "Someone's being smart. Let's go back, we'll want to have a word or few with you. After you."

Seneia lets the elf go past her and follows him close, ready to react should the elf try anything stupid. "A free tip, friend. Using fire magic against a tiefling isn't your best move."
Dec 23, 2015 3:45 pm
Kneeling at Elden's side Szent recites a few words under his breath while holding his hand palm up above the Cleric's head.

Casting 'Cure Wounds' on Elden.

Rolls

Healing - (1d8+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Dec 24, 2015 2:28 am
Combat over.

The elf looks a little embarrassed at Seneia's comment then recovers with a quip. "I knew that. I really had no intention of killing you, which is more than you did for my friends. I just wanted to escape... To survive."

(Ooc: please see my Christmas thread)
Dec 24, 2015 5:51 pm
As Feylinde sees the elf well watched by Seneia, a grin appear on her face.
She then talk inside the mind of the elf (telepathically) ""I'm inside your mind elf! Now don't try to lie on our questions, give us what we want to know and everything will go right. Believe me, you don't want to upset us. My mates will ask question, while I'll just stay here inside and watch hehehe"".

OOC: of course I can only speak inside his mind, but I cannot read it neither hear what he'd answer to my menace. :P I'm just trying to intimidate - scare / deceive / me ... so i'll add both rolls to the post... it's up to you Merlin to chose what roll to consider ^_^
Last edited December 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Deception - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Dec 28, 2015 4:30 pm
Weylan staggers up to Seneia and the elf, wheezing from the heavy exertion of running this whole distance. After catching his breath: "Where is our friend Milly?" Weylan snarls to the elf, his voice cracking in the middle.

(edited to correct color for speech)
Last edited January 21, 2016 3:53 pm
Dec 28, 2015 4:58 pm
Seneia gives the elf a light push when they approach the rest of the group. "Sorry, friend. After trying to come through here, you don't get to take the moral high ground. We know what's going on around here. All we need now is some details."
Dec 28, 2015 5:01 pm
Elden gasps as the healing energy flows through him and his eyes pop open. He lets Szent help him up and sees Seneia approaching with the captive. He glares at the elf but otherwise lets Seneia and Weylan handle him. He takes a look around at his other friends, "Is anyone hurt?"
Dec 29, 2015 8:36 pm
The elf shrugs, "No idea. Never heard of her. Is she famous or something?"
Dec 30, 2015 7:37 am
"Our friend, a girl named Milly, was kidnapped and taken down here." Weylan peers at the elf and tries to get a read on him. *He's remarkably flip about the situation. Is he just playing it cool, or does he genuinely know nothing about the slavers?*

(edited to correct color for speech; at some point in this thread, I started posting it completely backwards)
Last edited January 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Rolls

Insight check - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Dec 30, 2015 2:07 pm
I attempt to drag the unconscious guy back to the rest of the group before giving up and sitting next to him and watch the others interrogate the other guy. I need a break anyway!
Dec 30, 2015 10:42 pm
Seeing that Weylan has started questioning the elf, Szent will walk over to his side and give the elf an intimidating look.

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Jan 2, 2016 2:23 pm
Weylan's insight into the elf's behavior reveals, despite his calm exterior he really is pissed off. Weylan recognizes wizards are highly intelligent, and truly the elf might have a point. Szent looms over the elf to try to extract a more helpful response.

Despite the intimidation, the elf's anger seems to drive what comes from his lips. He stares with piercing eyes at Seneia. "Are you for real? Are you saying because we happen to be in the same place as you that gives you the right to be judge, jury and executioner? You kill my friends and justify it by saying we shouldn't be here? ... You shouldn't be here either! You look far too young to be wandering the sewers without your momma!"
Jan 3, 2016 6:51 am
"Don't! Don't bring my mama into this. DON'T." Weylan points a quivering finger at the condescending elf.

"We don't want to execute anybody. Everyone we've met down here has attacked us. Your friend was talking about her" (indicating Feylinde) "a lot like a slaver would. Are you saying you're not a slave trader? We're trying to rescue our friend before she's sold as a slave, and we're going to do whatever it takes to get her back."

Last edited January 21, 2016 3:55 pm
Jan 3, 2016 7:14 am
The gentle cleric nods his agreement with Weylan even as he wipes tears from his eyes. He's having a hard time with all the killing. He takes a shuddering breath and steadied himself before walking up to the elf, "You're going to tell us everything you know about what's going on down here or you will have to answer to me... After I let Rufio here have his way with you. I hate the violence, and I hate the killing. But I hate what's going on down here even more."
Last edited January 3, 2016 7:14 am
Jan 3, 2016 8:11 am
Rufio looks up when his name is mentioned. Teeth bared, he growls at the elf. He then goes back to searching the downed half-orc. He notices that the half-orc is wearing some wolf fur and has some jewelry made from wolf teeth and wolf claws. He takes these, intending to later fashion a wolf totem for himself. He barely suppresses the urge to howl.
Last edited January 3, 2016 2:12 pm
Jan 3, 2016 9:04 am
Seneia regards Rufio's display of ferocity and then turns to the elf.

"So, shall you talk to him or me?" she asks. "There is still time to pretend that your obnoxiousness is actually founded and you are not just having a huffy for having to surrender to a little girl like me, and give us your version of the story. Who are you and what are you doing down here?"
Jan 3, 2016 4:55 pm
"Slavery? No, there's no slavery here. We are in the recruitment business. We provide a service to those looking for employment."

"It would appear you are at something of a loose end, wandering the sewers, murdering random passers by. Perhaps you'd be interested in employment to keep you, er, occupied?"
Jan 5, 2016 7:56 am
Weylan is puzzled and abashed and suspicious, all at once.

(OoC: Trying to roll Insight to see whether this guy is speaking euphemistically about slavery as "employment," or whether he is actually unrelated to the slavers and so it was unhappy coincidence that brought them there at nearly the same time.

Rolls

Insight check (what does he mean, "Employment?" - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Jan 5, 2016 1:58 pm
Elden raises an eyebrow at the elf, not sure if he can believe what he's hearing.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Jan 5, 2016 2:38 pm
"Recruitment? You mean forced recruitment?" Seneia asks. "We know a girl who was recruited by someone down here, and the circumstances she was taken here."

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Jan 5, 2016 6:15 pm
I leave the unconscious guy on the floor and head towards the others. "Milly is blonde. She sings, and probably came by not too long ago. You would remember her. We're trying to find out if someone hurt her. If they did, we're gonna hurt them back. We don't wanna hurt or kill anyone, but she's part of our family and she's missing. She was last seen coming this way. We need to know if she's ok. Can you help us or are you trying to get in our way? I put my hands on my hips and glare at him, making note of his eye and hair color in case I need to remember that later.

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+7)

(13) + 7 = 20

Jan 5, 2016 11:24 pm
The elf sees a larger group gathering around him now. It is Alanya who is getting his face, while Seneia, Elden and Weylan ponder wistfully over what the heck the elf is banging on about. The elf responds to Alanya. "Yes, I remember her, now you describe her. A name wasn't much to go on." He sighs, "How am I, or can I get in you way? Are you going to release me or kill me?"

Meanwhile Seneia and Weylan are studying his body language. The elf is a great diplomat, and they are beginning to realize that maybe they were a little hasty when randomly killing passers by.

Merlin sent a note to Naatkinson
Jan 5, 2016 11:56 pm
"Like I said, I don't want to kill anyone! That's the last thing I want! There's been too much bloodshed as it is. I don't like it, so let's try this again. I'm Alanya. And you are?" I wait for a response before I continue. You say that your friends help people find jobs. Let's say that's true. Was Milly one of those people?"
Jan 7, 2016 3:43 pm
Weylan is impatient that the elf is taking so long to respond to Milly's conversation; as far as he knows, the elf's group attacked them first (he was facing the wrong way when Feylinde started the combat). "You've seen her? Where? Where has she gone now?"

Last edited January 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Jan 7, 2016 4:01 pm
Feylinde took the ring from the half-orc and put it on her finger *Quite nice jewelry they got to be people delving in the city sewers* she thought.
She then went beside the others and heard the weird answers of the elf, so she looked at him with her arms crossed, the head slightly tilted and a smile on her face. "Why don't you give us the truth and we all walk away from here happy and on our legs?" she asked inside the elf mind.
Jan 7, 2016 6:29 pm
Seneia takes a step back, her eyes narrowed. She does not quite believe the elf yet, but he has managed to make her think.
Jan 7, 2016 6:42 pm
"I don't believe you... No 'legitimate' business occurs in a sewer, don't treat us like fools. We have a friend who SAW her get dragged down here unwillingly and the fact that you've seen her down here is far too unlikely if you're not affiliated with those types of people. Now tell me, where is she?" Elden is trying to hold his temper in check, but time is running out and the elf isn't cooperating. He focuses his eyes on the elf, both to watch for any deception and to distract him from the dead bodies.

Is anyone hurt?

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Intimidation - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Jan 8, 2016 12:30 am
The elf is not intimidated by Elden's rant, but he does raise an eyebrow. "What friend would send you down the sewers? Are you sure you can trust him or her?"

To Alanya and Weylan he says, "I can show you where Milly is. She is unharmed."
Jan 8, 2016 2:19 pm
"Why don't you bring her here? We just want to talk to her. If it's just a misunderstanding, then we don't want to stay here any longer than we have to. Where are you from? Do they not give names there or something?" I have my hands on my hips and stare him down. I want to trust him. He seems nice!
Jan 8, 2016 4:18 pm
OOC: Feylinde is lightly hurt, just 18/24
Last edited January 8, 2016 4:18 pm
Jan 10, 2016 7:10 pm
Rather than throw additional questions at the elf, Szent will slowly move to each of the other members of the party and ask if they need any major healing.

(is anyone at a dangerous level?)
Last edited January 10, 2016 7:10 pm
Jan 11, 2016 4:24 am
"OK. Let me go, and I'll go and get her." says the elf.
Jan 11, 2016 4:31 pm
Weylan shakes his head at Szent's murmured inquiry and claps him on the shoulder in a comradely gesture. To the elf he replies, "Okay, why don't you take us there. We'll go together."

Last edited January 21, 2016 3:57 pm
Jan 11, 2016 5:00 pm
Seneia remains uncharacteristically quiet, her expression severe. She chews her lower lip as she watches the elf carefully, allowing him and others lead the way.
Jan 12, 2016 5:41 pm
"Mr. Scratchy go ahead and tell me if you find any surprise ready for us" Feylinde says to her familiar, before getting ready to follow the others.

OOC. I send the familiar ahead our path just to look for possible dangers... it'll remain in a 100 ft. range, so it can telephatically warn me.

The familiar has Perception +3 (13 passive) advantage due to Keen Smell (just in case you need to roll for it)
Last edited January 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Rolls

Stealth check (familiar) - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Jan 12, 2016 8:28 pm
"What about this guy?" Rufio jerks a thumb at the unconscious cleric.
Jan 12, 2016 11:24 pm
"Why don't we restrain him first. We can then wake him and ask some of the same questions that we've asked our friend here." Szent says as he motions towards the elf. "Can see if their answers match."
Jan 13, 2016 7:11 pm
"He's ok, right? I didn't hit him hard." I bite my lip as I look over in his direction.
Jan 13, 2016 10:05 pm
Elden bends down to look the cleric over and sees a very nice looking mace at his side. Shrugging, he takes the mace for himself and then checks him out.

Rolls

Medicine to look him over - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Jan 14, 2016 6:30 pm
"That's a good idea Szent. Anyone have a rope to tie up this guy?"
Jan 14, 2016 11:31 pm
Ooc: Elden determines the cleric is unconscious.
Jan 15, 2016 12:14 am
The elf looks over at his fallen friend and says to Elden, "Is he OK?"
Jan 15, 2016 12:16 am
Elden nods and lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding, "Oh yes, he'll be just fine, but I think we should gag him and restrain his hands so he can't cast any spells when he wakes up."

Does Elden notice the insignia of any particular god on this cleric?
Jan 15, 2016 8:37 pm
Weylan will gratefully set to the task of binding the cleric, glad to escape the confusing discussion between Alanya and the elf.

(OoC: let me know how much rope I expend in tying him. I'll use his own tabard as a gag.)
Jan 17, 2016 5:09 pm
Elden examines the symbol of the cleric. It is a golden coin with the image of a beautiful woman's face all in gold with her profile facing left.

The cleric is now bound and the orphans continue to stare at each other making suggestions but no one acting on them...

Weylan uses 5' of rope.
Jan 17, 2016 10:57 pm
"Okay, he's tied and gagged. Who's coming with me and this guy to get Milly?" Weylan pipes up as he coils the remainder of his rope, gesturing to the elf.

Last edited January 21, 2016 3:57 pm
Jan 17, 2016 11:00 pm
Elden straightens up, "Let's get moving. I don't Milly down here any longer than absolutely necessary."
Jan 18, 2016 3:29 am
"I'll come along. No need to babysit this one." Szent says, motioning to the tied up cleric."Milly must remain our top priority."
Jan 18, 2016 4:17 am
"Alright fine let's all go, but this time try not to hurt anyone unless you have to! You think you can do that for once?!" I wave my arms around in frustration. As an afterthought, I check the cleric to see if there's anything on him that can corroborate what the elf is saying. Do they work together at the same guild maybe? I have no idea what to do. This is all very confusing, but if Milly's ok then we should be safe down here... right?

I turn back to the elf. "You had better not be lying to us or you're going to be so sorry."

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Jan 18, 2016 4:45 pm
"Mr. Scratchy will stay ahead to check our way." Feylinde says to Weylan pointing her cat. "Let our new friend lead the way and let's move on."
Jan 18, 2016 4:48 pm
Seneia still looks troubled, glancing from the elf to the tied up cleric. Mentioning Milly makes her force her gaze away from those two. She nods quietly, ready to follow the others.
Jan 20, 2016 8:03 am
"Okay..." Weylan says to the elf. "Which way do we go?"

Last edited January 21, 2016 3:58 pm
Jan 20, 2016 11:18 pm
"This way", the elf says, leading the group towards the passage where the group had previously discovered a locked gate.

A few minutes later you arrive at the gate.

(Ooc: I don't think the elf is bound, correct?)
Jan 21, 2016 12:28 am
"So? You have a key?" Weylan inquires, watching the elf closely.

(OoC: Yes, we never bound him in anything but fear.)

Last edited January 21, 2016 3:59 pm
Jan 21, 2016 4:03 am
The elf smiles and says, "Well, actually I don't have a key. Do you?"

(Ooc: roll insight)
Jan 21, 2016 5:37 am
Elden doesn't quite trust the elf.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Jan 21, 2016 6:20 am
Weylan blinks until the red goes away from his vision...He looks at Alanya and sighs. "So...? How did the gate open? Is there a password, a secret lever, or do I have to..." He grits his teeth, takes a breath, and resumes "...drag an unhelpful elf back to retrieve the key from one of his friends?"

Last edited January 21, 2016 3:59 pm

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Jan 21, 2016 2:47 pm
"No key eh, elf? Maybe I'll use you as a battering ram to open that gate."

OOC: I remembered that we have a key even before it was mentioned in the Game Strategy thread, but would Rufio? Do I roll Intelligence or something?

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Insight - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Intelligence? - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Jan 21, 2016 3:37 pm
Rufio has no recollection of the key, but his inspired insight does notice an inflection in the elf's voice to suggest that maybe he doesn't have a key but does have a means of access. Beyond that Rufio is clueless.
Jan 21, 2016 4:06 pm
"Surely you know how to get pass through this door, elf." says Feylinde "Maybe even without a key, which you and your DEAD fellows seems to lack." she adds with a grim tone on spelling DEAD word.

OOC: I really don't remember about any key ... so Feylinde just forgot about it, if she even Knew it. ^_^

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Jan 21, 2016 8:55 pm
Seneia regards the elf suspiciously. Then she shrugs and produces a key from the front of her shirt.

"Weylan found this from the one that attacked us", she says. "I'm guessing it'll fit."

Seneia tosses the key to whoever is closest to the gate, excluding the elf.
Last edited January 21, 2016 8:57 pm

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Jan 21, 2016 10:10 pm
The elf tries to catch the key...

(Beat his roll to catch it)

Rolls

Dexterity roll - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Jan 21, 2016 10:52 pm
So does Weylan...but the key goes over his head.
Last edited January 21, 2016 10:53 pm

Rolls

Dexterity - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Jan 21, 2016 10:57 pm
Seeing Seneca toss the key in the general direction of the door Szent tightens his grip on his hammer. If the elf ends up with the key and tries to make some sort of break for it Szent will be ready.
Jan 22, 2016 12:02 am
My hand is up in the air before I realize what's happening.

Rolls

Dexterity - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Jan 22, 2016 10:57 pm
As the key is tossed the elf reaches for it, but Alanya marginally grabs it first. The elf shrugs and half-heartedly apologizes.

"Sorry, I thought you wanted me to open the gate."
Jan 22, 2016 11:51 pm
I give him a smirk. "Too slow. Guess I might as well open the gate myself." I slide past him and try the key in the door.
Jan 23, 2016 10:52 pm
The key fits and the gate opens. The elf says, "What do you need me for?" He then sets off along the passageway.

The roughly hewn passage weaves its way along, and eventually reaches a three way intersection.

"Left we go then!" The elf takes the left 5' wide passage.
Jan 24, 2016 3:05 am
Szent will pause at the intersection for a moment and take a peek down each of the two that the group is not traveling down.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Jan 24, 2016 8:12 am
Seneia stops next to Szent, her face puzzled. She glances down the other two passages, piercing the darkness with her dark vision.

"So he has never been down here before, huh?" she mutters under her breath to Szent, her hands searching for the familiar poses of her fighting moves.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Jan 24, 2016 8:55 am
Weylan with his torch is keeping up with the elf.
Jan 24, 2016 9:30 am
Feylinde is following the elf too, while her familiar goes ahed the elf.
OOC:
The cat will continue to go ahead of us all untill it reaches an intersection. At that point it'll just wait for us to arrive there to see what path the elf takes.
Jan 24, 2016 6:09 pm
Seneia pauses at the intersection and peers down each passage using dark vision. Her keen perception concurs with the elf that the left does appear to be the most frequented route.

However something else occurs to her, as the elf says, "Yes, it's this way, but we need to be quiet, because there are guards ahead."

The cat waits at the intersection.

Jan 24, 2016 7:52 pm
Seneia slips past Szent and starts to make her way towards the front of the group.

"If we need to be quiet, perhaps you should keep your voice down", she growls to the elf on a low, hushed tone. "Be prepared!"
Jan 25, 2016 4:04 am
"Yes, ma'am, I am prepared... Just a little further..." he says equally loudly.

You hear a voice from ahead. "Who goes there? Friend or foe?"
Jan 26, 2016 12:13 am
"Friend!", Weylan replies, his voice barely cracking. No one would notice...would they?
Last edited January 26, 2016 12:14 am

Rolls

Deception - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jan 26, 2016 11:28 pm
Feylinde rushes ahead and tries to put her hand on the elf mouth, not to allow him to speak or not too loud to be heard. At least she hopes.
Last edited January 26, 2016 11:29 pm
Jan 28, 2016 3:16 am
Everyone roll initiative...
Jan 28, 2016 3:56 am
"I don't think it worked" Szent whispers to Weylan as he reaches for his hammer.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Jan 28, 2016 3:59 am
Elden prepares for danger.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Jan 28, 2016 5:20 am
"You tricked us!" Rufio hisses at the elf, grabbing his arm.
Last edited January 28, 2016 10:53 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Jan 28, 2016 6:51 am
Seneia grimaces and shoots a furious glance at the elf, disgusted by him and angry at herself for letting him trick her.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Jan 28, 2016 7:31 am
"What?? I said 'friend'!" Weylan whispers back to Szent. He grabs one of his spikers.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Jan 28, 2016 3:17 pm
I sigh. We really can't sneak around so well, can we?

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Jan 28, 2016 5:19 pm
"That was a mistake elf!"

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

Jan 28, 2016 11:14 pm
Initiative order... Elf, Weylan, Alanya, Feylinde, Szent, Rufio, Guards, Seneia, Elden

Round 1

As Weylan shouts "Friend" the Elf sees his opportunity and makes a dash along the corridor.

Weylan has an attack of opportunity...

Everyone else may post their actions...

So here's the situation based on a review of recent posts...

Everyone is moving down a narrow passage in single file.

The elf is leading the party.
Weylan is immediately behind elf.
Feylinde is behind Weylan.
Seneia is behind Feylinde.
Then it is Szent.
Then it is Rufio.
Then Alanya.
Then Elden.

Rolls

Elf initiative - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Guards initiatice - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Jan 29, 2016 12:32 am
Weylan is furious at this betrayal, and hurls jabs his spiker at the fleeing elf's back instinctively and runs to follow.
OOC:
Though of course I can understand his perspective as a player.
(edited to correct for the fact that an attack of opportunity is always melee)
Last edited January 31, 2016 6:04 am

Rolls

Javelin throw, damage - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d6+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Jan 29, 2016 3:40 am
Without a clear path to attack Szent will raise his shield and stay on Seneia's heels.
Jan 29, 2016 6:09 pm
A smile depicted on her face, Feylinde follows Weylan and charge the paws of Mr. Scratchy with magical energy. The familiar cat then jump on the elf to deliver

OOC: i move up to my speed (30 ft) and cast shocking grasp through the familiar. Since the familiar will use reaction to deliver my touch spell, it can even dash (base speed 40 ft+ dash = 80feet, so it should reach the elf ^_^)

spell description "...on Hit 1d8 lightning damage and target can't take reactions untill the start of its next turn."
I should have even advantage on attack roll if he wears metal armor, but since i don't remember it, just consider the 1st roll if i've no advantage.

Rolls

Shocking Grasp (advantage vs metal armor) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (7) + 5 = 12

1d20+5 : (16) + 5 = 21

Lightning damage - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Jan 29, 2016 6:22 pm
Seneia slips past Feylinde, her eyes fixed forward, searching for any sign of movement. If anyone appears within 40 feet, she springs ahead and tries to make contact with them.
OOC:
Seneia has Deflect Missiles reaction ability, in case the group is targeted with bows or other missiles.
Jan 30, 2016 6:38 am

OOC:
Depending on the elf's condition by the time Rufio's turn comes up:
-Move to reach the elf.
-Action to Shove elf prone.

The guy already took a few hits. If he's a bloody mess already Rufio will knock him out instead of shoving him prone.

Rolls

Shove prone (athletics, advantage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

Damage (if attacking instead of shoving) - (1d4+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Jan 30, 2016 6:16 pm
OOC:
I think an attack of opportunity has to be a melee attack, so I assume Weyaln jabs with the javelin.
As the elf makes a dash for freedom Weylan lashes out with his javelin. The weapon makes contact, and the elf curses. However the wound isn't fatal and the elf breaks free of his captors, running 60' along the corridor.
OOC:
Now Weylan gets his normal attack.
Jan 31, 2016 6:08 am
Weylan, chasing after the villain, quickly realizes that his short gams can't keep up with the leggy elf. So he throws his spiker at the miscreant, which is tough to do when running full tilt...

Full 25' move, attack with thrown javelin
Last edited January 31, 2016 6:08 am

Rolls

javelin throw, damage - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

1d6+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

Jan 31, 2016 10:45 pm
Initiative order... Elf, Weylan, Alanya, Feylinde, Szent, Rufio, Guards, Seneia, Elden

Marching order: elf, Weylan, Feylinde, Seneia, Szent, Rufio, Alanya, Elden.

Elf has moved 60'.

Weylan launches his spike at the retreating elf's back, but the missile strikes the wall of the passage, slightly off target. Weylan moves forward 25'. Weylan is 40' behind elf.

Alanya dashes forwards. Alanya is 25' behind elf.

Feylinde's cat bounds after the elf, and easily closes the gap. Feylinde casts shocking grasp, but the cat fails to deliver. Feylinde then moves forward 30'. Cat is 5' behind elf. Feylinde is 45' behind elf.
Ooc: for clarity, Feylinde's movement actions don't make sense, so I've tidied them up a bit. It is particularly worth noting that the elf is a wizard and doesn't wear metal armor, so no advantage, first roll counts).

Szent raises his shield and follows behind Seneia. Szent is 35' from the elf.

Rufio enters a rage and dashes forward, closing the gap on the elf. He can now see the guards ahead. Rufio is 20' behind elf.

The guards act. Anyone within 50' of the elf can see that the 5' wide corridor widens into a 25' wide room. A single guard stands at the opening and the elf is just in front of the guard. The guard is holding a long sword, but he can't attack anyone because the elf is in the way.

Seneia moves forward with a monkish dash (ooc: you didn't say, but I'm assuming you are dashing. Seneia is 10' from the elf with the cat between her and the elf).

Elden moves forward 60'. Elden is 30' from the elf.
OOC:
Imagine everyone is in a 5' corridor, and you can't occupy same space as someone else. The corridor widens to 25' feet. In the 25' wide space immediately adjacent to the corridor is a guard. Only way to pass him is through his space, but he is not in the corridor, but in the room. The order in the corridor is:

Guard, Elf, cat, Seneia, 5' space, Rufio, Alanya, Elden, Szent, Weylan, Feylinde.
End round 1
Jan 31, 2016 11:28 pm
Round 2

Elf rushes into room past guard.

Your turns....
Jan 31, 2016 11:35 pm
Seeing the guard in the room Feylinde stops and order her familiar to come back, than casts a beam of energy toward the elf back.

OOC this is my round 2 action. No movement now, hehehe.
OOC:
Elf out of sight. You can target guard. Guard will have half cover due to corridor being occupied.

Rolls

Eldritch Blast - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Force Damage - (1d10+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Feb 1, 2016 4:20 pm
Round two

Weylan rushes forward, drawing pretty as he races into the room.
Ooc: Double move to get Weylan into the room, adjacent to the guard.
Last edited February 5, 2016 1:03 am
Feb 1, 2016 4:38 pm
Elden sees the elf disappear from sight and turns his attention to the guard and calls upon Lathander to judge him.

Ooc: casting Sacred Flame on the guard, DC 13 dex save (no benefit from cover)

Rolls

Sacred Flame damage - (1d8)

(6) = 6

Feb 2, 2016 12:08 am
OOC: ok the target is the guard.
Feb 2, 2016 12:19 am
Feeling that he'll be unable to keep up with the fast moving Senia will place himself to the side of Weylan, adjacent to the guard. Seeing that the guard has yet to actually attack anyone he'll take a defensive posture, but will make no move to attack.
Feb 2, 2016 3:43 am
I attempt to run after the elf, past the guard. "Move, Rufio!! Come onnnnn!"
Feb 2, 2016 1:14 pm
Rufio charges the guard and tries to take the man down with a leaping drop-kick.

Rolls

Leaping drop-kick (non-lethal damage) - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Bonus grapple if the kick connects. - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

Feb 4, 2016 1:20 am

Round 2

The elf rushes into the room, past the burly guard. He keeps running, and the guard says, "Sumarel, go tell Ms Matilda we have visitors. There's too many to hold them on my own." Sumarel the elf exits through the rear of the 30' long room into an open passage.

Weylan rushes towards the guard, and as the guard tries to block him the halfling nimbly ducks between his legs and stands behind the guard.

Alanya tries to run past the guard in hot pursuit of the elf, alas she finds that to be impossible, as she cannot run through the space he is occupying. She ends the round face to face with the guard, but leaves a space to avoid melee combat (DM intervention, because you couldn't do what you want to do).

Feylinde weaves a quick spell and blasts the guard in the chest. (Guard 10 damage)

Szent moves forward to face the guard. Finally combat!

Rufio moves behind Alanya but can't move forward any further due to the logger jam.

The guard lashes out at Szent but misses the paladin.

Elden rains fire on the guard. The guard seems miffed at missing Szent and fails to dodge the unexpected flame. (Guard 16 total damage).

Rolls

Guard on Szent - attack, damage - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

Dex save, guard - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Feb 4, 2016 2:27 am
Round three

Swinging his axe from behind, Weylan hits the guard prettily (that is, with his axe) for nonlethal damage, intending to knock him down and out of the way. But he's winded from his run...

(edit to add Perception and Insight rolls)
Last edited February 5, 2016 1:05 am

Rolls

Pretty attack, damage - (1d20+4, 1d10+2)

1d20+4 : (1) + 4 = 5

1d10+2 : (9) + 2 = 11

Perception - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Insight - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Feb 4, 2016 3:54 pm
"We've given our position! Any surprise is spoiled. Let's get rid of this guard fast and get ready for the next wave inside the room! Feylinde shouts as another blast of energy is cast from hers fingers.

OOC: Round 3 action (eldritch blast). No movement.

Added perception and Insight rolls.
Last edited February 5, 2016 10:20 pm

Rolls

Eldritch blast (attack rool & force damage) - (1d20+5, 1d10+3)

1d20+5 : (4) + 5 = 9

1d10+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

Perception & Insight - (1d20+2, 1d20+4)

1d20+2 : (12) + 2 = 14

1d20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

Feb 4, 2016 8:00 pm
Seneia shifts restlessly behind Szent, her eyes fixed ahead, looking for an opening to rush ahead, after the elf.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Insight - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Feb 4, 2016 8:15 pm
Elden continues his magical assault on the guard.
OOC:
Casting Sacred Flame again, DC 13 dex save
Last edited February 4, 2016 8:15 pm

Rolls

(1) = 1

Perception - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Insight - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Feb 4, 2016 8:38 pm
OOC:
Everyone please roll perception and insight. (Both) for round 3. You may add the rolls to your post if you've already posted.
Feb 4, 2016 8:54 pm
I keep looking ahead, hoping for some way to get past the guard and catch up to that damned elf!
Last edited February 4, 2016 8:55 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Insight - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Feb 4, 2016 10:51 pm
Initially intending to cause as little harm to the guard as possible, the near miss of an attack changes Szent's attitude. With a scream he rushes, shield first, attempting to shove the foolish man to the side.
OOC:
Add two more to the Strength check, should be 18 total
Last edited February 5, 2016 1:18 am

Rolls

Strength Check - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Perception - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Insight - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Feb 5, 2016 1:16 am
Unable to make headway past his friends, Rufio howls in frustration.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Insight - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Feb 5, 2016 10:12 am
OOC:
The following private posts are based only on your perception and insight rolls. If you didn't get a message you didn't roll high enough.
Merlin sent a note to spaceseeker19
Feb 5, 2016 10:32 am

Round 3

You imagine the elf is at least 90' from the action by now, even not knowing where he's heading. That pesky elf.

Weylan swings his pretty axe at the guard's back, and pretty well misses.

Alanya cannot get to the action, but hears clearly everything the guard shouts.

Feylinde is very pleased with the effect of her Eldritch blast and tries it again. It seems she hasn't perfected it yet, because is readily misses the guard.

Szent hears the instructions from his friends to shove the guard to let them into the room. He makes solid contact with his shield and the guard unwillingly shifts to the side, looking somewhat startled and wide eyes. He fully understands the meaning of this move, and exhales, "Shit!"
OOC:
The guard is adjacent to the door but 5' to the side. This now allows access to the room. In 5e there are no opportunity attacks unless you leave the guard's threat range (unlike Pathfinder). At this time Weylan is the only character in guards threat range, even though Szent is in the corridor square of the doorway (Szent has three quarters cover).
Rufio may now make a move...
Feb 6, 2016 2:58 am
Rufio charges past Szent and throws a wild haymaker as he circles around the hapless guard.
OOC:
-Moving around the guard to give others room, but staying in guard's reach to avoid OA's.
-Reckless Attack: attack at advantage, but attacks against Rufio are also at advantage until his next turn.
-Everyone now has advantage on melee attack rolls vs. the guard thanks to Rufio's Primal Path feature.
Last edited February 6, 2016 3:43 am

Rolls

Haymaker (advantage from Reckless Attack) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (15) + 5 = 20

damage - (1d4+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Feb 6, 2016 3:38 am
Round 3 cont.

Rufio is enthused by finally finding some action, and the rage is more of a blessing than a curse. He soundly connects with the guard (guard 22 total damage).

Finally the guard retaliates, and lashes out at Rufio seeing him defenseless in his rage. (Rufio takes 14 damage).

Seneia please advise action.

Rolls

Guard - attack, damage, advantage - (1d20+5, 1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d8+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

Crit damage - (1d8)

(5) = 5

Feb 6, 2016 8:34 am
Seneia slips past the fight with the guard. Her expression is puzzled, worried, as she creeps towards the corridor the elf disappeared to.

Rolls

Sneak - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Feb 9, 2016 4:52 am
At the earliest opportunity, I yell over the fray towards the guard "Give it up! You suck! Weylan, come on you can do it!"

Casting "Vicious Mockery". As a bonus action, I inspire Weyland. Also- was I supposed to get a message in an earlier post for my 20 Perception? I didn't get anything and just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
OOC:
from DM - no, your perception was good but it was both rolls in tandem that earned the note. Also round 4 hasn't started yet.
Feb 9, 2016 11:31 am
Round 3 cont

Seneia tries to sneak past the guard but realises she has to pass too close to him. Besides, she's sure he can see her. Instead of engaging in combat she moves forward to look for a way past.

Elden casts his flame that was so successful last time... But is unsuccessful this time.
OOC:
Now it's time for Round 4...

Rolls

Dex save - guard - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Feb 9, 2016 12:10 pm
Round 4

Feylinde continues attaccking the guard with her Eldritch blast.

Rolls

1d10+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

Feb 12, 2016 1:10 am
Anyone posting round 4?
Feb 12, 2016 1:39 am
OOC:
I figured my previous post could be applied to round 4...
DM: no problem
Feb 12, 2016 2:38 am
With the guard directly in front of him Szent will take a one-handed overhand swing with his hammer.

Rolls

Hammer Time! - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d8+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

Feb 12, 2016 5:58 am
OOC: I'd prefer waiting until some of the action have been resolved before declaring my actions for the turn. Whether the guard is alive or not by the time Seneia's initiative comes around has rather big effects on what she's able to do.
OOC:
DM: no problem
Feb 12, 2016 10:12 am
Rufio tries to nail the guard with a vicious head-butt.
OOC:
I see most of you are attacking the guard with spells but just a reminder for Szent and anyone else who wants to go melee: you have advantage on melee attacks vs. any opponent Rufio is engaged with as long as Rufio is raging.

Rolls

Head butt - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

damage - (1d4+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Bonus grapple check (if the head butt hits) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

Feb 12, 2016 1:58 pm
Elden continues raining fire down on the guard
OOC:
Sacred Flame, DC 13 Dex save, no benefit from cover

My action will change drastically if the guard goes down
Last edited February 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Rolls

(7) = 7

Feb 17, 2016 11:58 pm
OOC:
Seems we have lost Ss19 for the moment, so I'll plough on regardless.
Round 4

Weylan attempts to stab the guard, but his weak jab deflects off his armor. Alanya's viscous mockery does not have the desired effect, it seems.
Feylinde launches an Eldritch blast, striking the guard for 5 damage. (35 damage)
Szent impresses his comrades with his "hammer time" strike, missing wildly.
Rufio tries to get creative with a headbutt but is left rubbing his forehead.
The guard retaliates, by attempting to strike Rufio, but misses.
Elden strikes with fire from the heavens, and the guard collapses to the ground, burning to death.

End of combat.

Rolls

Attack, damage - (1d20+5, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Fire - save - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Feb 18, 2016 8:09 pm
"Now we need to decide what to do next guys! We know there are more of them, maybe coming right now. Saing so Feylinde invokes her patron powers to protect herself and enters the room.

I cast Armor of Agathys on myself (duration 1 hour):
gain 5 temporary HP; if hit by melee and temporary HP are on, the attacker take 5 cold damage.
(+5 temp. hp and cold damage per spell slot level beyhond 1st).
And since my spell slots are of 2nd level I gain 10 temporary hp.
Feb 18, 2016 8:21 pm
Elden sees the man fall under his conjured flames and suddenly he's having a hard time swallowing. He moves forward to the fallen man and says a brief prayer before moving into the next room and taking a look around.
OOC:
Not searching the room, just stepping in and seeing if anything looks out of the ordinary

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Feb 18, 2016 8:31 pm
Rufio steps over the fallen man's ashes and strides over to the mouth of the passageway where the elf disappeared.
Feb 18, 2016 11:37 pm
Szent walks over to the guard and kneels besides his body. "Sorry" he whispers as he slowly starts to search through the dead man's belongings; hoping to find some sort of clue as to what is happening down here.
OOC:
Not sure how badly the man was burned, so Szent may be wasting his time here.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(20) + 1 = 21

Feb 20, 2016 12:38 pm
Szemely finds nothing of value on him. Guards rarely do.

Elden notes there is nothing special about the room. It is a guard room, sparsely furnished with an uncomfortable chair and a desk. On the desk is a pad of paper where the guard had been doodling, and you note he is particularly untalented in that respect.

Rufio heads to the exit, and peers along another dark corridor.
Feb 20, 2016 5:14 pm
Merlin says:
On the desk is a pad of paper where the guard had been doodling, and you note he is particularly untalented in that respect.
OOC:
That is wonderful.
Weylan follows Rufio to the exit, looking to follow the fleeing elf. What is down there? Is it a passage or a doorway?
Feb 20, 2016 6:14 pm
"If you want, I could send Mr. Scratchy ahead." says Feylinde to the others "Any noise Seneia?"
Feb 21, 2016 6:29 pm
"Good idea, Feylinde." Rufio whispers. "Safer than Seneia scouting ahead all alone."
Feb 21, 2016 6:36 pm
Mr Scratchy advances down the dark corridor with Feylinde observing progress in a trance. About 60' ahead the corridor turns through a right angle and 10' later the corridor opens into a large area filled with cages.
Feb 21, 2016 10:09 pm
"Go ahead Mr. Scratchy" Feylinde telepathically orders to the familiar "Let me see what is in those cages, but be quiet".
You see her eyes turned white as she his concentrating on her familiar.

OOC: I'll say what I see to the others.

Rolls

Mr. Scratchy Stealth - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Feb 22, 2016 12:07 am
"Cages? Don't like the sound of that..."
Feb 22, 2016 12:24 am
The cat cautiously enters the massive room. It is dimly lit by torches on the walls. Cages are stacked three high, and are grouped to form passages between them. I good proportion of the cages are occupied by humanoids. Strangely the cat can't see any guards.
Feb 22, 2016 12:28 am
"Cages? Like, for animals??" I stay close to the walls hoping that will somehow help me stay hidden.
Feb 22, 2016 4:07 pm
"Stay there Mr. Scratchy and warn me if anything changes" Feylinde orders to her familiar before regaining awareness of her surroindings, and her eyes returning in their position. "Yes Alanya, but they're more the humanoid size. It seems there are slavers after all!""
Feb 22, 2016 4:16 pm
"Can Mr. Scratchy tell if Milly is in there?" Elden can feel his stomach turn with disgust. So much pain and misery for the sake of money...
Last edited February 22, 2016 4:24 pm
Feb 22, 2016 4:20 pm
"What! How many??"
Feb 22, 2016 6:13 pm
Weylan has begun to imagine that maybe the destruction of his tribe didn't result in everyone being killed...that maybe there was capture, abuse, and slavery for some of his clan. Maybe, maybe not. But the thought of the possibility is filling him with a vast fury that his little body can hardly contain. All of his grief and loneliness is coming back with this kidnapping of Milly and this apparent confirmation of humanoid slavery, and he's envisioning these slavers as an outlet for his revenge.

"Let's get them out of there!" he growls, and proceeds down the passageway, eyes blazing.
Feb 22, 2016 11:41 pm
"Normally I'd insist on patience, but seeing as our presence is known, we should get to those cages before reinforcements arrive."

Szent hooks his shield onto his back and follows Weylan down the passageway. Sensing his companion's rage he offers a bit of knowingly unwanted advice, "Stay focused, my friend. We'd like to stay away from hostilities when dealing with these hostages."
Feb 23, 2016 5:24 am
Rufio was about to stop Weylan from rushing into what is obviously a trap but seeing the look in his friend's eyes he checks himself. When Sent speaks Rufio nods and lopes after them wordlessly.
Feb 23, 2016 6:27 am
Seneia slips after Weylan, her movements swift, focused, flowing - leaving some space between herself and Weylan. When they reach the room, she does not pay much attention to the cages, but keeps moving ahead, her face a mirror of concentration and worry as she looks for something.
Feb 23, 2016 12:36 pm
I let the others run ahead of me and keep watch at the back, unsure what to do.
Feb 23, 2016 3:31 pm
Feylinde follows them, stopping just at Alanya side.
Feb 23, 2016 3:43 pm
Elden follows behind, urging Alanya and Feylinde to go ahead of him as he watches the back. He'd rather not leave the girls unprotected back there.
Feb 23, 2016 4:34 pm
"Where'd the elf and the others go? I don't like this..." I slowly creep forward, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. Are people hiding around a corner from us just waiting to pounce?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Feb 24, 2016 4:37 am
So Weylan forges ahead after hearing that their are people in cages immediately ahead. Szent follows behind the halfling, concerned about the welfare of the little man. Rufio follows next along the short corridor. Somehow Seneia, swift of foot, overtakes them all, and now leads. Alanya, Feylinde and Elden follow at the rear.

They enter the large room, and are immediately horrified by what's before them. Row after row of wooden cages fill the 100' x 200' space. The cages are about 5' cubes stacked three high in rows, with 5' corridors between. At a quick glance there must be hundreds of cages, with maybe half of them occupied. The smell is worse than they might have imagined... The smell of pain, loneliness and uncleanliness. The creatures within the cages try to hide from the orphans by retreating into a non-existent shadow in their cages.
Feb 24, 2016 6:51 am
"Recruitment business", Seneia hisses, her eyes darting quickly around the room. The smell and withdrawn reactions of the abused are all too familiar to her. More extreme than anything she has experienced, but still familiar. "He calls this recruitment business?"

Her tail whips back and forth in anger, sharply enough to break small objects. She moves further in, her eyes piercing the darkness, looking for any signs of movement outside the cages or exits.
Feb 24, 2016 8:03 am
Weylan will trot down the rows, looking for a target for his rage.
OOC:
How many rows are there? Are there obvious exits?
OOC:
There are about 20 rows of cages and 2 exits... One straight ahead and one to the left.
Feb 24, 2016 1:29 pm
Four small, floating lanterns flair up around the room in front of me. I attempt to get a better look at the prisoners in cages. "Milly! Are you here?"
Feb 24, 2016 10:42 pm
Bringing his hand up to his face in an attempt to filter the stench of the place Szent will approach the nearest occupied cage and investigate.
OOC:
Big and dumb, that's my Szent!
Last edited February 24, 2016 10:42 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Feb 25, 2016 1:31 am
The orphans hear someone yelling... A female.... "Here! Help! Here!"
Feb 25, 2016 4:45 pm
"Milly are you?" Feylinde moves toward the female voice in urgency to check who called for help.
Feb 25, 2016 4:57 pm
I run alongside Feylinde towards the voice, trying not to step on the cat.
Feb 26, 2016 6:16 am
"Are we sure that's her? It might be a trap!" Rufio hisses as he lopes along. He moves off, taking a side aisle, in the hope of flanking their enemies in the event that it is a trap.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Feb 26, 2016 9:37 pm
Weylan calls out "There's an exit to the back and another on the left!" as he runs to look at the exit on the left, still trying to see where the elf went.
Feb 26, 2016 10:40 pm
Feylinde and Alanya follow the sound of the female voice. The direction is to the right of the room, away from the exits. They pass six rows of cages before locating the source of the sound.

Elden stands watch at the entrance, and Weylan stands at the left exit.

Merlin sent a note to Moofsalot,Mariutti82
Feb 27, 2016 10:22 am
"Miss Matilda! What are you doing down here?" Feylinde says with a shocked face. "Roland sent us looking for Milly. Are you here for the same reason?" ...

"This is strange" Feilynde thinks "But I cannot doubt about Miss Matilda!"
Feb 27, 2016 10:34 am
Seneia's head snaps to the direction of Feylinde when she hears the name of Miss Matilda. Her expression darkens, as if she heard exactly what she'd be dreading. Without saying a word, she springs ahead, towards Feylinde and Alanya.
Feb 28, 2016 11:16 am
OOC:
Please see the map below. Based on descriptions I have placed characters in the most likely locations.
http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B36L4GDToEf6emI4VnZzWHQxVE0
Feb 28, 2016 11:32 am
Matlida smiles. "Yes, dear Feylinde. Sir Roland was concerned you were taking so long. He thought you might be in danger and he sent me here to look for you. I'm so happy you are safe. Let's get you back to the orphanage..."
Feb 28, 2016 2:59 pm
"Tell Sir Roland we're not coming back until we find Milly. We've come this far and we can take care of ourselves! Sorry, Miss Matilda."
Last edited February 28, 2016 2:59 pm
Feb 28, 2016 3:30 pm
Matilda nods sagely. "You have done well, and Roland is proud of you, but Milly is safely back at the orphanage and it is time for you to come home before you are harmed."
Feb 28, 2016 3:36 pm
Rufio keeps moving, hoping to flank whomever Alanya has encountered up ahead, friend or foe. Why does that voice sound familiar?
OOC:
I already rolled Stealth in my previous post. Let me know if I need to roll again.
Last edited February 28, 2016 3:37 pm

Rolls

Insight? (to recognize Matilda's voice and sense her motives) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Feb 28, 2016 4:13 pm
Seneia keeps moving swiftly towards the voices. Realising how narrow the passageways between the cages are, she ducks into the passage before the one Miss Matilda, Feylinde, and Alanya are in, and rushes towards the back wall.

In Seneia's ears, the words of Miss Matilda echo the words the elf used to trick them just a little bit earlier. She grits her teeth and swallows the bitter words that try to make their way into her mouth, her ability and will to trust people quickly breaking down.
Last edited February 29, 2016 1:07 pm
Feb 28, 2016 10:44 pm
"Something is wrong ... but how? ... She's Matilda. Our Matilda ..."
A very confused face appear on Feylinde as she try to figure out what is happening....

"How ... How did even Roland know we were down here?" she shyly asks to the woman in front of her.
"And moreover, where did she came from?" that was the real question Feylinde feared to ask.
Last edited February 28, 2016 10:45 pm
Feb 29, 2016 1:26 am
Szent hears the conversations behind him, but will continue to watch the entrance.
Feb 29, 2016 1:00 pm
"I know you're trying to protect us, but you shouldn't be here. We know what we're doing. Something isn't right here and we're gonna find out what's going on." First she's surprised to see us, and now she says Roland wants us to leave and that Milly's safe? What gives?
Last edited February 29, 2016 1:00 pm

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Feb 29, 2016 8:49 pm
Weylan attempts to discern sense from the voices as he inspects the door.
OOC:
Rolling perception to overhear the faraway voices.
Is the door closed? Does it have a bar or a lock on it?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Feb 29, 2016 8:58 pm
Elden will head to where he hears the voice of Miss Matilda. "Miss Matilda, what a surprise to see you here! It's odd how you managed to get here before us, and past the guards without notice. Not to mention that I heard the guards refer to you as an associate."
OOC:
Added Initiative
Last edited February 29, 2016 10:37 pm

Rolls

Insight (Judging reaction) - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Initiative - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Feb 29, 2016 10:30 pm
OOC:
In preparation for nothing at all, everyone roll initiative.
Feb 29, 2016 11:27 pm
Weylan listens.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Feb 29, 2016 11:30 pm
OOC:
Nothing at all is the worst!

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Mar 1, 2016 2:57 am
Rufio keeps moving towards the voices.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

Mar 1, 2016 4:24 am
I put my hands on my hips and glare. I do what I want!

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Mar 1, 2016 5:45 am
Seneia moves through the corridors between the cages with a grim look upon her face.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Mar 2, 2016 11:38 pm
OOC:
Initiative order is Seneia Rufio Elden Bads Szent Weylan Alanya Matilda Feylinde.

Apologies, but I know everyone wants to move and say things, but only Feylinde and Alanya can see Matilda at this time.
Round 1 For clarity this is the whole of Round 1. The actions below occurred and nothing else. Any actions posted after this are round 2. The Bads acted in this round by simply appearing on the battlefield.

Seneia marches towards Matlida's voice and arrives in the 5' wide corridor just behind Alayna.
Rufio also heads in that direction, choosing the same aisle arriving 20' from the cross aisle.
Elden is a long way away and double moves straight up the centre aisle.
Szent continues to watch the entrance through which they came.
Weylan inspects the door to the left. It looks like a standard dungeon door.
Alanya challenges Matilda. "Something isn't right here!"

Matilda's eyes flash with anger. "Show some respect child! You will do as you are told. Enough!" The word "enough" is loud, and reverberates around the large room. You hear people shuffle in their cages.

Szent hears a sound to the south... Weylan hears his door opening... The door to the North begins to open... Matilda retreats and a burly guard appears at the end of the aisle. You hear her say, "You will pay for your petulance!"

Map to follow...

Rolls

Initiative - Matilda - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Initiative - bads - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Mar 3, 2016 12:05 am
This is the status as the end of Round 1, and the beginning of Round 2.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B36L4GDToEf6R2hnZlZWMnl5UWc
Mar 3, 2016 5:58 am
"Miss Matilda, what in Torm's balls is going on?" I take several steps forward, looking towards the end of the hallway with both curiosity and fear. Are we in trouble? I look towards my companions. Maybe they know what's going on??
Last edited March 3, 2016 6:12 am
Mar 3, 2016 6:02 am
Weylan grits his teeth and tightens his grip on Pretty. :::That elf is gonna get it...!:::
OOC:
What does B4 look like, as he comes through the door?
Last edited March 3, 2016 7:05 am
Mar 3, 2016 6:12 am
Round 2 action

Elden sighs as he sees a slaver come through the door on the other side and raises a hand toward him. Suddenly a bolt of glowing golden energy flies toward the man.
OOC:
Casting Guiding Bolt at B3, praying that I roll well

1st-level evocation

Casting Time: 1 action; Range: 120 feet; Components: V, S; Duration: 1 round

A flash of light streaks toward a creature of your choice within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage, thanks to the mystical dim light glittering on the target until then.

We never got to finish our long rest, did we? We got found by the elf and his companions, right?
Last edited March 3, 2016 6:14 am

Rolls

Guiding Bolt - (1d20+5, 4d6)

4d6 : (2454) = 15

Mar 3, 2016 6:55 am
Round 2 action

Seneia spins around and rounds the nearest cages to the following passage, rushing down it towards Miss Matilda.
Mar 3, 2016 12:24 pm
OOC:
I think the intent was you all had a long rest.
Mar 3, 2016 6:18 pm
Round 2 action

"She cannot be our Miss Matilda, Alanya! We just fell into an ambush!" Feylinde starts chanting and whispering in the direction on the incoming guy.
OOC:
Casting Dissonant Whispers spell (range 18 m) on B1:
one creature that can hear you takes 3d6 (+1d6 'cause my slot is 2nd level) psychic damage and use its reaction to move away from me at speed.
If it succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (CD 13), it takes half that damage and doesn't flee.

After casting the spell I move behind the Seneia position on the map.

Rolls

Psychic damage - (4d6)

(5132) = 11

Mar 3, 2016 11:10 pm
Initiative order is Seneia Rufio Elden Bads Szent Weylan Alanya Matilda Feylinde.

Round 2 - DM's narrative

Seneia rounds the cages and runs along the adjacent aisle towards Matilda, covering 80 ft, putting her 15' from Matilda. She looks a little surprised. "You have speed on you Seneia!"
Rufio to act...
Elden summons a bolt of energy at Bad 3, but the woman steps nimbly aside and it misses.
OOC:
Further information for you all...
1. Matlilda definitely looks like the Miss Matilda you know and love. She even knows your names.
2. Bad 1 is a burly human in splint, with a long sword.
3. Bad 2 is an elf... yes, that elf.
4. Bad 3 is a leather clad human female.
5. Bad 4 is a leather clad half-orc with a mace.

Mar 4, 2016 2:59 am
Round Two action
At his wit's end and wound up from the waiting and sounds of his friends, Weylan's eyes bug out with fury as he enters Rage and makes a frenzied attack on the half-orc.
OOC:
Holy....!

Adding the crit damage.
Last edited March 4, 2016 3:00 am

Rolls

Pretty attack, damage (with rage) - (1d20+4, 1d10+4)

Frenzied attack with Pretty, damage (with rage) - (1d20+4, 1d10+4)

1d10+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

Crit damage for FIRST critical hit - (1d10)

(8) = 8

Crit damage for SECOND critical hit - (1d10)

(3) = 3

Mar 4, 2016 6:03 am
Round 2 action

Rufio charges onward, taking the next aisle west of the one Alanya and the others are blocking.
OOC:
Dash action. Bonus action to Rage.
Mar 4, 2016 11:09 pm
Round 2 cont... DM's narrative

Rufio dashed up the aisle adjacent to where Feylinde is arriving exactly next to her.

Bad 1 is a burly human in splint, with a long sword, and he moves forward and swings at Feylinde.... Missing wildly.
Bad 2 is an elf... yes, that elf. The sly wizard casts a spell at Szent... Szent takes 7 damage.
Bad 3 is a leather clad human female. She steps forward and disappears into an aisle.
Bad 4 is a leather clad half-orc with a scimitar who unleashes some loving on Weylan with a scimitar, hittling him twice (Weylan takes 12 damage).

Not happy, Weylan ferociously responds with two well aimed blows... dealing... 19... no wait! 30 damage to the shocked half orc.

Others are up...

Rolls

Bad 1 - attack, damage - (1d20+5, 1d10+3)

1d20+5 : (1) + 5 = 6

1d10+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

Bad 2 - magic missile - (3d4+3)

(121) + 3 = 7

Bad 3 - hide - (1d20+6)

(4) + 6 = 10

Bad 4 - attack, damage - (1d20+5, 1d6+3, 1d20+5, 1d6+3)

1d20+5 : (13) + 5 = 18

1d6+3 : (5) + 3 = 8

1d6+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Mar 6, 2016 6:01 pm
Round 2 action

Reeling a bit from the Elf's attack, Szent quickly clears his head. With a shield in one hand (AC 18) and a javelin in the other he'll move up close enough to make an attack.
OOC:
Szent will move up about 20' putting him about 25' away from the elf.

Rolls

Javelin Attack, Damage - (1d20+5, 1d6+3)

1d6+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

Mar 6, 2016 6:38 pm
For ease of gameplay I am changing the initiative order to: Initiative order is Seneia Rufio Elden Bads Szent Weylan Alanya Feylinde Matilda

Round 2 cont. - DMs narrative

Szent launches a javelin at the elf, but the elf smirks as the missile misses wide of the mark.
Feylinde casts dissonant whisper on the burly human and takes 11 damage.(Bad 1)
Alanya I need your action before Matilda acts....

Damage totals:

Bad 1 - Human Fighter (11)
Bad 2 - Elf Wizard (0)
Bad 3 - Female human (0)
Bad 4 - Half-orc (30)
Matilda - (0)

Rolls

Bad 1 - save for wisdom - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Mar 7, 2016 11:45 pm
OOC:
Sorry, in the interests of progress I am going to assume Alanya does nothing. I will let you act if it makes sense.
Round 2 conclusion: DM's narrative

Alanya is so surprised by Matilda's deceipt she seems temporarily paralised.
Without hesitation Matilda acts. She stands within 15' of Seneia, and she's already seen how fast the young urchin can move. "Brave and foolish I see... Always the first to die!" She sighs in apparent sympathy and weaves a spell. Three missiles strike Seneia, and Matilda beats a hasty retreat. Seneia takes 11 damage.

Now it is Round 3... Seneia, Rufio and Elden can act. BTW, B3 has moved but you don't know where.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B36L4GDToEf6U3FaOE1pekVUZkE

Rolls

Magic missile - (3d4+3)

(233) + 3 = 11

Mar 8, 2016 1:20 pm
Rufio tries to make sense of what is going on nearby.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Mar 8, 2016 2:58 pm
Round 3 Action

Elden moves forward to the path in the center (right of Weylan), and calls down Lathander's flames on the man (B4).
OOC:
DC 13 dex save or take 1d8 damage

I assume I can see them down there when I reach the intersection?
Last edited March 9, 2016 11:42 pm

Rolls

Sacred Flame Damage - (1d8)

(5) = 5

Mar 8, 2016 5:55 pm
Rufio can see and hear combat immediately behind the cages to his right. He knows Alanya and Feylinde are under attack.

Elden cannot see B3, so you may revise your action.
Mar 8, 2016 6:00 pm
Round 3 action

"Why are you doing this? What did you do to Milly?!" Frustrated and not knowing what to do, I attempt to chase after Matilda to demand answers.
OOC:
If you want, Alanya can stop moving just as Feylinde is getting hit by Matilda since at this point she still doesn't believe Matilda means to harm them.
Feylinde isn't getting hit by Matilda, so I'm not sure what you mean...
OOC:
Whoops, I meant Seneia. Ah well.
Last edited March 10, 2016 12:55 am
Mar 8, 2016 7:20 pm
Round 3 action

Rufio sees that Feylinde and Alanya are under attack. Lacking the patience to go around the rows of cages, Rufio decides climb straight up and drop down on their attacker instead.
OOC:
Can Rufio drop down and attack this round or is climb all he can do for now?
Last edited March 10, 2016 2:39 am

Rolls

Climb (Athletics, adv from Rage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

Mar 8, 2016 8:18 pm
Round 3 action

Seneia snarls. "Spells and slaves? Were you always such a snake, Matilda?"

She leans in lower and starts circling around the cages slower, keeping an eye on Matilda, but careful not to give her an opening for another spell.
Mar 9, 2016 11:39 pm
Round 3 - DM narrative

Seneia runs to the northern end of her aisle in pursuit of Matilda, but decides not to round the corner to avoid becoming a direct target.

Rufio attempts to climb the cages. The cages are stacked three high, a total of 15', and climbing is half movement, making climbing to the top a single movement. Crossing the cages and dropping down is another move. Upon arriving you see the Bad retreating up the aisle to the north, apparently running from Feylinde.

Elden attempts to cast sacred flame at Bad 4, but misses.

Bad 1 runs 30' to the north away from Feylinde.

Bad 2. The elf is still facing off with Szent and casts dissonant whispers at the paladin (make a DC 13 wisdom save or take 3d6 damage and run away. Save = half. See below for damage)

Bad 3 is no where to be seen.

Bad 4 attacks Weylan. Neither of the two blows hit their target.

Alanya continues to be in denial, and runs to the south to try to find Matilda.

All other players turn.

Rolls

Dissonant whisper on Szent - (3d6)

(665) = 17

Secret Roll

Bad 4 - attack Weylan - (1d20+5, 1d6+3, 1d20+5, 1d6+3)

1d20+5 : (2) + 5 = 7

1d6+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

Bad 4 save - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Mar 10, 2016 12:21 am
Round 3

"What is going on inside of my hea...." Szent screams internally as crippling pain shoots through his body With a loud external scream he runs as quickly as he can away from the elf while holding his hands to his head.
OOC:
*&^%ing Elf!

So, Szent has used his reaction to beat feet another 30' away from the *&^%ing Elf. He's down to 1 HP so for his movement this turn he's going to run screaming for another 30' and then take a dash action for yet another 30'.

*&^%ing Elf!
OMG, I'm so sorry...
Last edited March 10, 2016 12:29 am

Rolls

Wisdom Saving Throw (DC 13) - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Mar 10, 2016 2:54 am
Round 4
OOC:
Description to be edited
OOC:

Reckless Attack. Attacks vs. Rufio this turn have advantage.
Last edited March 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Rolls

Leaping drop-kick (non-lethal damage) vs B1. RecklessAttack= Advantage. - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

damage (raging) - (1d4+7)

(4) + 7 = 11

Bonus grapple (Adv from Rage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

Mar 10, 2016 8:23 am
Round three

Weylan distantly hears both Seneia and Alanya crying in distress, and then, much louder, Szent screaming. But all that is noticed by only a small part of his mind. Most of his mind is eclipsed by a feral rage, his focus on the half-orc in front of him, the pulse pounding in his ears demanding satisfaction in blood, his frothing lips pulled back in a hideous snarl of a grin.
OOC:
If B4 goes down with these attacks, Weylan will run back down the center aisle, snarling like the Tasmanian Devil, looking to either side to see if he can spot another target as he goes (B3, perhaps?). If the half-orc is still up, of course he'll continue to fight it.
Last edited March 10, 2016 8:27 am

Rolls

Rage attack with Pretty, damage - (1d20+4, 1d10+4)

1d20+4 : (14) + 4 = 18

1d20+4 : (13) + 4 = 17

Mar 10, 2016 10:33 pm
Just waiting for Feylinde to post...
Mar 10, 2016 10:41 pm
Round 3

"Ahahah! Where are you running idiot! I'm right here" Feylinde says as a beam of energy is cast from her finger.
"Catch me if you can!" she adds laughing.
OOC:
I cast Eldritch blast on B1, then move 30 feet away from him ^_^

... woah that seems a miss to me :P
Last edited March 10, 2016 10:42 pm

Rolls

1d20+5 : (5) + 5 = 10

1d10+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

Mar 10, 2016 11:43 pm
Initiative order is Seneia Rufio Elden Bads Szent Weylan Alanya Feylinde Matilda

Round 3 Conclusion

Szent is hurting bad. He screams and runs from the damned elf, and realizing just how badly he's hurt he runs a little more.

Weylan is enraged by what's happening, and despite the enormity of the half-orc before him that doesn't stop the little guy from pounding on him. The half-orc takes another 20 damage.

Feylinde launches a fiery blast at Bad 1, but is startled by the sudden appearance of Rufio and misses wildly. She then retreats.

Matilda sees Seneia at the top of the corridor and Alanya to the south. She runs towards Alanya while apparently weaving a spell. Alanya looks a litttle worried when suddenly Matilda seems to fade to mist and disappears. Whipping her head round, Alanya sees Matilda reappear about 25' to the south of her and keep moving another 30'.

End of Round 3

Seneia Rufio Elden you are up...

Damage totals:
Bad 1 - Human Fighter (11)
Bad 2 - Elf Wizard (0)
Bad 3 - Female human (0)
Bad 4 - Half-orc (50)
Matilda - (0)

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B36L4GDToEf6SW0ydEpoWVhwS1k
Mar 11, 2016 10:20 pm
Round four

Elden continues his attack on B4.
OOC:
Sacred Flame, DC 13 dex save

Rolls

Sacred Flame Damage - (1d8)

(3) = 3

Mar 13, 2016 7:33 am
Waiting on Seneia...
Mar 13, 2016 11:14 am
Seneia steps to the corridor between the ones Alanya and Rufio are in and rushes along it to the mid-section, stopping between the two rightmost cage rows, still looking for an opening to reach Miss Matilda, but careful not to be exposed.
Mar 13, 2016 12:12 pm
Rufio charges after the retreating man and leaps at him with a drop kick, then attempts to restrain him.
OOC:

Reckless attack: All attacks vs Rufio this round have advantage.
Dice rolls are here.
Last edited March 13, 2016 2:09 pm
Mar 13, 2016 4:33 pm
Round 4 - DM's narrative

Seneia runs along the clear aisle in pursuit of Matilda, arriving in the center cross aisle.

Elden unleashes sacred flame at the half-orc (Bad 4), but the half-Orc is more concerned about the little guy before him, and step away from the flames.

Rufio chases after the human fighter (Bad 1) and performs a reckless leaping drop kick into the man's back. (11 damage to Bad 1). The attack results in the fighter being grappled and unable to move.

Bad 1 (oops, noted as Bad 2 below) is grappled by Rufio. Not being too bothered by being forced into close combat the fighter slashes at the barbarian with his long sword... Twice. The fighter hits once (Rufio takes 5 damage).

Bad 2, the elf, sees the cowardly paladin run away in panic and smirks. In a way relieved the paladin didn't charge him he moves forward and to the right to seek out Matilda.

Bad 3 had not been seen... Until now. Suddenly rounding the corner she rushes at Elden in the cross aisle from the left and attacks twice with her short sword. One blow hits (Elden take 9 damage).

Bad 4 the half-Orc tries to slay the pesky halfling with a swing of his scimitar, striking 2 blows... But both missing! The half-Orc growls with frustration.

Szent Weylan Alanya Feylinde, you are next.

Rolls

resist grapple - bad 1 - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

wisdom save - bad 4 - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Bad 2 - attack, damage, attack, damage - (1d20+5, 1d8+3, 1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (8) + 5 = 13

Bad 3 - attack, damage, attack, damage - (1d20+4, 1d6+3, 1d20+4, 1d6+3)

1d20+4 : (12) + 4 = 16

Bad 4 - two attacks - (1d20+5, 1d6+3, 1d20+5, 1d6+3)

1d20+5 : (2) + 5 = 7

Bad 1 - advantage rolls - (1d20+5, 1d8+3, 1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d8+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

Mar 15, 2016 3:44 pm
Round four

By now, Weylan's rage has mounted to the point where he is yipping and howling with each swing of Pretty. He continues his frenzied attack on the half-orc.
Last edited March 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Rolls

1d20+4 : (9) + 4 = 13

1d10+4 : (10) + 4 = 14

1d20+4 : (14) + 4 = 18

1d10+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

Mar 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Round 4

Szent, the cowardly Paladin, kneels to the ground clutching his holy symbol of Torm. He recites a short prayer and can feel the energy surge within him. Feeling better he rises, shield in hand, and then continues running away from the elf.
OOC:
Another 25' north.
Last edited March 16, 2016 11:26 pm

Rolls

Cure Wounds on Self - (1d8+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Mar 16, 2016 11:21 pm
Round 4

Seeing the bad guy (B1) engaged in a close fight with Rufio and not wanting to risk a friendly fire, Feylinde looks around herself and see the Elf getting close (B2 going to Matilda). So she steps forward blocking the passage to the enemy as she collect magical energy in her palm to blast the elf.
OOC:
I intercept the elf and cast shocking grasp on him:
Cantrip (Evocation, 1 action, Touch, VS, Inst.)
Melee Spell Att (+5 to hit / Advantage vs metal armor); on Hit 1d8 lightning damage and target can't take reactions untill the start of its next turn.

And since I still have not understood if the Elf is wearing metal armor, I roll with advantage ... so If advantage is not granted, Merlin just pick the first roll ^_^
DM: I'm sorry but that's not possible. I can only allow a double move to the south to attempt to intercept the elf.
Last edited March 16, 2016 11:22 pm

Rolls

Shocking Grasp (with Adv. vs Metal Armor) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (13) + 5 = 18

Lightning damage (and no reaction for him) - (1d8)

(6) = 6

Mar 17, 2016 1:20 am
Round 4

I continue to chase after Matilda. If I'm able to get close enough, I will try to knock her down.

Rolls

Strength Check? - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Mar 17, 2016 4:26 am
Round 4 DM's Narrative... Conclusion

Szent does what paladins do best... He heals himself then runs away.

Weylan is ducking and diving, although in a frenzied rage the half-Orc can't touch him so he wields Pretty pretty well. One blow hurts the cumbersome halforc yet again dealing 11 damage (Bad 4 - 61 damage).

Feylinde rushes directly south to try to catch the elf that she sees run from west to east in the southern most aisle.

Alanya rushes towards Matilda and arrives adjacent to her using two moves.

Matilda sees Alanya charge towards her. She runs 30' to the south and casts a spell (Alanya, wisdom save). Alanya suddenly finds herself motionless and unable to move.
OOC:
Hold person
End of Round 4

Start of Round 5
Mar 17, 2016 10:54 am
"Coward!!"

Alanya is frozen in place. You can save again next turn.

Rolls

WIS save - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Mar 17, 2016 2:21 pm
Round 5 action

Elden, jarred by the sudden attack, swings frantically at B3.

Rolls

Attack on B3 - (1d20+5, 1d6+3)

1d6+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

Mar 19, 2016 12:09 pm
It is Round 5 please take your actions.

Seneia, Rufio and Elden you are up... Elden has posted.

Initiative order is Seneia Rufio Elden Bads Szent Weylan Alanya Feylinde Matilda
Mar 19, 2016 12:20 pm
EDIT: Seneia keeps going, running along the same corridor as before towards the south end of the room. Seeing the elf appear in her sight brings the wind into her steps and she dashes forward with a glint in her eyes. Before the elf can react, Seneia is on him.
OOC:
Is Seneia a ghost?
Last edited March 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Rolls

1d20+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

Damage (if hit) - (1d4+2, 1d4+2)

Mar 19, 2016 1:58 pm
Rufio slams his guy into the cages, then delivers a vicious headbutt to the man's nose. He keeps the man grabbed - he's not about to let this one get away.
OOC:
-That's just a single attack. Just trying to get a little creative with the description.
-Reckless attack. Attacks against Rufio have advantage til his next turn.
Last edited March 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Rolls

Reckless Attack - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

damage - (1d4+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Mar 22, 2016 2:45 am
FYI, this is status at end of Round 4.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B36L4GDToEf6ZVRTcEFFY0pNZGs
Mar 23, 2016 10:19 pm

Round 5

Seneia spots the elf (B2) at the end of the aisle and sprints to intercept him, looking to aim a blow to the pesky elf . SEneia puches with both fist. The elf feints from the first blow, and as he begins to smirk Seneia's right fist clocks him on the cheek. The elf grimaces. (Elf 3 damage).

Rufio continues to wrestle the human fighter (B1) and delivers a viscious headbutt (B1 total 18 damage)..

Elden abandons spell casting and swings his weapon at the sneaky female (B3), making a solid connection to which the female responds with an oof. (B3 7 damage).

Bad 1 is enjoying the tussle and strikes Rufio twice with his sword. The close encounter really seems to suit the fighter, and he hits Rufio twice, one of the strikes sinking deep into his side (crit). (Rufio takes 18 damage).

Bad 2 is shocked to see the sudden appearance of Seneia, and the unexpected welt on his cheek. He retaliates with an uncharacteristically deep commanding voice, "Flee!" (Seneia, wisdom save please)

Bad 3 retreats from Elden down the next southern aisle to the west and attempts to hide. Elden watches her run and stop suddenly pressing herself against the cages. Elden can see her clearly.

Bad 4 is continuing to growl at the tiny halfling and tries to adjust his stance to deliver a solid blow. That did the trick! His adjusted stance enabled him to swing down instead of across, and both swings hit the unfortunate Weylan. (Weylan 16 damage).

Next up... Szent Weylan Alanya Feylinde

Rolls

Bad 1 attack (x2 adv), damage, attack (x2 adv), damage - (1d20+5, 1d20+5, 1d8+3, 1d20+5, 1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (19) + 5 = 24

Bad 3 - hide - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Bad 4 - attack, damage, attack, damage - (1d20+5, 1d6+3, 1d20+5, 1d6+3)

Bad 1 crit - (1d8)

(8) = 8

Mar 23, 2016 10:24 pm
I continue to glare angrily in Matilda's direction.

Rolls

WIS save - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Mar 23, 2016 10:27 pm
Looking to atone for his cowardly actions, Szent takes a deep breath, and will run up to assist Elden.
OOC:
Looks like he'll need a move and a dash just to get there.
Mar 23, 2016 10:55 pm
Hearing the elf's command, Feylinde moves to have him on is line of sight and discharge an energy bolt to him.
OOC:
The usual Eldritch blast on the elf ^^
Last edited March 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Rolls

1d10+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Mar 23, 2016 10:59 pm
Round 6 action

Elden follows his opponent, swinging away with his mace. His aim is to knock his opponent unconscious, not kill her.
Last edited March 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Rolls

1d6+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

Mar 24, 2016 5:59 am
Seneia grits her teeth, trying to force the elf out of her mind.

Rolls

Wisdom save - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Mar 24, 2016 10:48 pm
OOC:
spaceseeker19 seems to be AWOL at the moment, so I will roll for him...
Weylan is dismayed that the half-orc finally strikes him... and strikes him hard! He really must end this combat before he is pummelled to death...

Rolls

1d10+4 : (4) + 4 = 8

Mar 24, 2016 11:09 pm
Conclusion to Round 5

Weylan is dismayed that the half-orc finally strikes him... and strikes him hard! He really must end this combat before he is pummeled to death... Reassuringly Pretty makes contact with the half-orc's groin, and the half-orc crumples to the ground with a despairing groan. (half-orc dies)

Szent
has some ground to make up, and runs to Elden's aid (double move).

Seneia grits her teeth and resists the elf's command...

Alanya stares impassively at Matilda, imagining all the things she'll do to her... if she could only move...

Feylinde weaves an Eldritch blast at the elf, inflicting 4 damage. (elf total 7 damage)

Matilda is in the SE corner of the room. Alanya is neutralized for now... the elf is blocking the other way. She moves forward towards Alanya then peers through the cages... a moment later she is in the adjacent aisle to the west. She moves again to the north.

End of Round 5

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B36L4GDToEf6Q0xOSlE3emhqaWs
Mar 24, 2016 11:10 pm
Start of Round 6

Mar 25, 2016 3:24 am
Round 6 action

Rufio roars with rage as the sword rips into his side. Concentrating on the man's bloody, broken nose, he smashes his elbow into it.
OOC:
Reckless Attack
Last edited March 25, 2016 3:25 am

Rolls

Elbow to the nose - (1d20+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

adv (Reckless Attack) - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

damage - (1d4+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Mar 25, 2016 9:10 am
Round 6 action

Seneia throws a quick glance towards Miss Matilda, but has no way to reach her right now. She lets out a small, angry growl, and keeps the pressure on the elf.

Rolls

1d20+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

Damage (if hit) - (1d4+2, 1d4+2)

Extra crit damage - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Mar 27, 2016 3:44 am
OOC:
i was waiting for Elden to post. Is the post during round 5 meant to be your round 6 post?
Mar 27, 2016 3:49 am
Merlin says:
OOC:
i was waiting for Elden to post. Is the post during round 5 meant to be your round 6 post?
OOC:
Yeah, sorry I made it a bit prematurely
Mar 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Round 6 - Part 1

Seneia's fist move is a flurry, but only one connects with the elf, albeit with satisfying contact. (B2 elf total 11 damage)

Rufio's reckless attack fails to claw through the fighter's armor. (B1 total 18 damage).

Elden swipes at the female rogue with his mace. She ducks nimbly and but the mace still glaces of her shoulder. (B3 total 13 damage)

Bad 1 seems to be getting the better of Rufio, and the orphan's reckless attacks seems to be giving him that advantage. The human guffaws, "Chill, kid, you'll kill yourself!" In toe to toe combat the fighter strikes again. (Rufio 22 damage - damn!)

Bad 2 (the elf) grimaces at taking more damage. He casts magic missile at Seneia. (Seneia 11 damage)

Bad 3 is engaged with Elden. Seeing Szent arriving, she uses a bonus action to disengage then dashes 60' to the south.

Bad 4 is dead.

Szent Weylan Alanya Feylinde you are up.

Rolls

Bad 1 attack (x2 adv), damage, attack (x2 adv), damage - (1d20+5, 1d20+5, 1d8+3, 1d20+5, 1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d8+3 : (7) + 3 = 10

(224) + 3 = 11

Bad 1 crit - (1d8)

(8) = 8

Mar 27, 2016 1:12 pm
I just need to blink...

Rolls

WIS save - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Mar 27, 2016 2:19 pm
The second volley of Magic Missiles is too much for Seneia. She lets out a small grunt and collapses into a heap at the elf's feet.
OOC:
Seneia is at -5 HPs.
Last edited March 27, 2016 2:19 pm
Mar 27, 2016 2:29 pm
Szent will give chase and dash after the rogue.
Mar 27, 2016 9:16 pm
Seeing Seneia collapsing on the ground, Feylinde grabs her tome and gets close to her, chanting unspeakable words.
OOC:
Just casting Spare the Dying spell on Seneia :P

Cantrip (Necromancy, 1 action, Touch, VS, Inst.)
creature at 0 hp becomes stable.
Mar 28, 2016 10:42 pm
Round 6 - Conclusion

Szent chases the rogue. He sees her duck to the right at the end of the aisle.

Weylan wipes the blood off Pretty and looks around for something else to kill. Not sure how the battlefield lies, he heads directly east along the center aisle. (SS19 still AWOL).

Alanya is still motionless, unable to shake off the hold person spell. (DM boon: take +5 on next saving throw)..

Feylinde weaves a spell and stabilizes Seneia.

Matilda tries to escape. Weylan sees her step in the center aisle and suddenly sees Weylan running towards her. She decides to run directly North.
OOC:
Feylinde roll perception.

End of Round 6

Round 7 begins...
Mar 29, 2016 12:52 pm
Things are starting to go bad for Rufio. The young brawler has got his guy clamped down with his grapple but that damn sword keeps finding its way into his flesh. He wonders where his friends have got to. He can hear sounds of battle but has no idea what's going on. Desperately, he starts dragging the man south, towards the end of the aisle, before trying to land another punch to the man's temple.

Rolls

Unarmed strike, damage - (1d20+5, 1d4+7)

1d4+7 : (1) + 7 = 8

crit damage - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Mar 30, 2016 4:23 pm
OOC:
Just for Perception Roll

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Mar 30, 2016 4:51 pm
Elden dashes after the wounded warrior woman.
Mar 30, 2016 6:31 pm
Seneia lies on the ground, unconscious, but stabilised.
Mar 30, 2016 11:59 pm
OOC:
I'm like a dice rolling monster... so sorry!!

Round 7 - Narrative

Feylinde is concerned about the fall of Seneia, but then she notices two more figures arriving from the corner of her eye. Her heart sinks when she spots the familiar Slink. It was him who sent them here! It was all his fault. But then her heart skips when she sees Roland standing next to him...

Seneia lies on the ground, unconscious, but stabilised.

Elden dashes after the wounded warrior woman, catching up with her but unable to act. As he enters the bottom aisle he spots Roland and Slink... What the ???

Rufio is feeling pretty battered. This guy is either very good or very lucky... But the orphan scrapper fights on... and lands a sweet punch to the man's temple. (Bad 1 - total 29 damage). The fighter looks as battered as Rufio. If anyone was watching, this is a barnstormer of a battle.

Bad 1 is a little stunned and can only retaliate with a single thrust of his sword. (4 damage to Rufio)

Bad 2 smirks at the fallen Seneia and states to Feylinde, "Foolish woman... or should I say women?" His hands meander and a bolt of fire launches at Feylinde. (9 damage to Feylinde)

Bad 3
realises she can't outrun Elden so pauses to stab him. (9 damage Elden)

Next up Szent Weylan Alanya Feylinde

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B36L4GDToEf6MXpUc1JqM1duZG8

Rolls

Bad 1 - attack, damage - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

Bad 2 - firebolt - (1d20+3, 1d10)

1d20+3 : (17) + 3 = 20

1d10 : (9) = 9

Bad 3 - attack - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d6+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Bad 3 crit - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Mar 31, 2016 12:20 am
I hear the commotion and nearly cry out of frustration. I need to do something!
OOC:
#^*~]#% Oh for the love of...
Hahaha. Go on, roll again, and remember the +5.
OOC:
Rolling again...
Last edited April 3, 2016 3:31 am

Rolls

WIS save - (1d20+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

WIS save - (1d20+6)

(6) + 6 = 12

Mar 31, 2016 12:32 am
As Szent continues to chase after the rogue he says a quick prayer to Torm and the glow of his hammer confirms his prayer has been answered. Rounding the corner, rogue now in sight, he grabs his hammer with both hands and takes a mighty swing.

EDIT: WORST PALADIN EVA'
OOC:
Bonus action to cast Thunderous Smite: The first time you hit with a melee weapon attack during this spell's duration, your weapon rings with thunder that is audible within 300 feet of you, and the attack deals an additional 2d6 thunder damage to the target. Additionally, if the target is a creature, it must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be pushed 10 feet away from you and knocked prone.
Last edited March 31, 2016 12:32 am

Rolls

Attack / Damage - (1d20+5, 1d10+3)

1d10+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Thunder Damage (if the attack succeeds) - (2d6)

(42) = 6

Apr 2, 2016 9:35 am
Round 7

"If there's a fool here, it's you!" says Feylinde to the elf as his spell is absorbed by the Armor of Aghatys.
"...and you'll regret it!! she adds throwing herself to him, energy crackling in her hands.
OOC:
I've still 1 Temporary hp left ^_^.
I get in melee range and use Shocking Grasp: (Touch, Inst.)
Melee Spell Att (Adv vs metal armor);
on Hit 1d8 lightning damage and target can't take reactions untill the start of its next turn.

... oh come on!!!! 1 damage LOL.
Last edited April 2, 2016 9:36 am

Rolls

Shocking Grasp (Attack roll & lightning damage) - (1d20+5, 1d8)

1d8 : (1) = 1

Apr 3, 2016 3:28 am

Round 7 - Conclusion

Szent intends to catch up with the rogue, but realizes Elden is in his way. To his fight he is surprised to see Roland.

Weylan is stranded in no mans land and not sure which way to go, perhaps his rage fogging his mind. Having nothing to attack his rage subsides, and he takes a few moments to compose himself.

Alanya is frozen in place. She notices the battle has moved away from her.

Feylinde attempts to retaliate against the elf. She unleashes a mighty shocking grasp... (Bad 2 - 8 damage total)

Roland shouts in a commanding "Matilda, you disappoint me! I will not tolerate this!" He then dashes directly north.

Slink takes the adjacent aisle to the east and runs north in parallel to Roland.

Matilda sees an opportunity to escape but hears Roland's bellowed command. She pauses for a second, really not expecting this turn of events.

End of Round 7

Seneia Rufio Elden you are next.
Apr 3, 2016 4:23 pm
I stay where I am. What else can I do?

Rolls

WIS save - (1d20+6)

(6) + 6 = 12

Apr 3, 2016 4:48 pm
Rufio still doesnt know where everybody is. Howling like a crazed wolf, the hot-headed orphan continues dragging the man down the aisle, knocking the guy's head along the iron bars as he goes. Wait a minute, was that Sir Roland's voice just now? "Sir Roland! Sir Roland!" he yells, and punctuates it with another wolf-howl.
OOC:
This is the 2nd round Rufio has dragged his guy along towards the southern end of the aisle. I understand this is half movement, so by the end of Round 7 they should be 30ft south of where I see them on the Round 5 map.

DM:correct
Last edited April 3, 2016 4:50 pm

Rolls

1d4+7 : (3) + 7 = 10

Apr 4, 2016 2:50 am
Map at End of Round 7

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B36L4GDToEf6OEhQOHNncWVnc2c
Apr 4, 2016 1:08 pm
Elden swings at his opponent once again, unsure how long he can keep this up. He calls upon the power of Lathander and feels his healing come over him.
OOC:
Casting Healing Word on himself!

Aiming to knock the woman unconscious

Rolls

Healing Word! - (1d4+6)

(3) + 6 = 9

Attack! - (1d20+5, 1d6+3)

1d6+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

Apr 5, 2016 3:32 am
Start of Round 8 (this is epic)

Seneia is lying motionless but breathing steadily.

Rufio drags the fighter (Bad 1) another 30 feet to the south (note: position on map is accurate after this move). He tries to punch the human, but the blow glances off the man's face to little effect.

Elden swings his mace at Bad 3, this time crunching the weapon into her ribs. (Bad 3 - 22 damage total). He then calls on his God to heal him.

Bad 1 is tiring. This youngster is stronger than he looks. The fighter tries to stab him again, but misses. Surely he can't take much more of this punishment?

Bad 2 is not happy that he's being beaten up by a woman. Surprised that she seems to shake off his well aimed fire bolt, he tries it again, but misses.

Bad 3 retaliates against Elden, but misses, then disengages with a bonus action to run to the west 30'.

Alanya finally shakes off the spell and looks around for the action.

Bad 1 has taken 29 damage.
Bad 2 has taken 8 damage.
Bad 3 has taken 22 damage.
Bad 4 is dead.

Remainder of round...

Rolls

Bad 2 - firebolt - (1d20+5, 1d10)

1d10 : (6) = 6

Bad 3 - attack, damage - (1d20+4, 1d6+3)

Apr 6, 2016 10:48 am
OOC:
Waiting on Szent, Weylan, Feylinde and Alanya to post.
Apr 6, 2016 11:29 am
I keep running down the hallway towards the action.
OOC:
Running towards B2. Do I see B2 and/or Seneia?
Apr 6, 2016 10:37 pm
Not being able to get past Elden, Szent will back about 10' and keep an eye open, ready to assist Elden should he need it.
OOC:
He appears to be kind of stuck here, blocked from B3 by Elden and B2 by Feylinde. All out of spells, couldn't hammer a nail into a wall, and missing more than 60% of his hit points Szent is pathetic creature. :-/
Apr 8, 2016 10:19 pm
Round 8 conclusion

Szent takes a step back to assess the situation.

Feylinde takes a step into the aisle clearing a passage for Szent (if he wants to take it).

Weylan sees Slink running towards him, and also hears Rufio dragging something towards him. He hesitates for a second, wondering what to do...

Matilda overcomes her momentary hesitance and decides to run for the exit... she runs to the north and arrives at the north door. The door is closed... she turns to see Roland running towards her, slight panic in her eyes.

Roland is livid. He never imagined one of his own would be such a villain. He continues to run north arriving just 25' from Matilda's position. "STOP RIGHT THERE OR MEET MY WRATH!...."

Slink rushes past Weylan to aid Rufio. He waits in the center aisle for an opportunity. "Bring him closer, youngun..."

End of Round 8

Round 9 proceeds...
Apr 11, 2016 12:55 pm
Elden growls, growing quite frustrated by the warrior woman in front of him. He takes off at a run and swings his mace as he closes in.
OOC:
Once again aiming to knock her out

Rolls

Apr 11, 2016 3:02 pm
What the? Is that Slink's voice? Rufio drags his foe south into the center aisle, throwing punches all the way.

Rolls

1d4+7 : (2) + 7 = 9

Apr 14, 2016 9:32 pm

Status at end of round 8

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B36L4GDToEf6aTlpUXJZRjhFbnM

Round 9

Seneia continues to lie motionless awaiting someone to aid her.

Rufio continues to drag the fighter to the center aisle, hoping Slink can help him out. Distracted by Slink's voice, his attempted punch misses.

Elden runs up to the female rogue and swipes her with his mace. She crumples to the ground... (Bad 3: unconscious)

Bad 1 continues to struggle with Rufio. Again he strikes with his sword, but misses narrowly.

Bad 2 moves 10' towards Feylinde... "Er, no you don't!" He casts a magic missile at her. Feylinde's eyes open wide as 3 missiles strike her in the chest. As a tear slides on her cheek she slumps to the ground with a groan.

Bad 3 is unconscious... Elden stands over her breathing heavily.

Bad 4
is dead.

Szent Weylan Alanya Feylinde are up...

Rolls

(322) + 3 = 10

Apr 14, 2016 9:48 pm
As Feylinde falls to the ground Szent catches a glimpse of the man that sent him screaming merely moments before. Determined to make up for his cowardice runs towards the man while reaching for a javelin. Throwing his javelin with all of the strength that he can muster he doesn't wait for the outcome, instead cutting to his left to get out of the magic user's direct line of fire.
OOC:
Szent will move 20' forward, throw his javelin, and then cut to his left for another 10'.
DM: Whoop!! That must feel good.
Last edited April 14, 2016 9:49 pm

Rolls

Javelin Attack, Damage - (1d20+5, 1d6+3)

1d20+5 : (14) + 5 = 19

1d6+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

Apr 15, 2016 3:56 am
As that elven wizard fires at Feylinde, I attempt to charge at him in order to knock him down.

Rolls

Strength Check? - (1d20-1)

(20) - 1 = 19

Apr 15, 2016 8:56 pm
Round 9 - conclusion

Szent finally sees a chance to dish out some damage. Running towards the elf he launches a javelin. Satisfied it is on target he steps into an aisle not waiting to see the impact. He hears a groan... (Bad 2 - 14 damage total)

Alanya sees an opening and charges at the elf. She bumps off the elf and he stands firm, looking a little surprised that he didn't fall over.

Weylan watches Slink run past him, actually preventing him from attacking the fighter now in the aisle with a familiar Rufio hanging on to him.

Matilda is at the door, but the door is closed. She decides to make a stand. "Sorry, Roland... You didn't pay me enough, and you are terrible company... Torm this, Torm that... You say meet your wrath? How about mine???" she then weaves a spell, targeting Roland. Suddenly there is a mighty boom as a ball of flame engulfs Roland, and all the unfortunate slaves in the cages around him. Roland attempts to dodge the blast. As the flames disperse Roland is still standing, but looks furious. (Roland, 29 damage). There are screams, horrible deathly screams and the slaves burn to death...

Roland is livid, and visibly shocked at the horror. "You are evil, woman!" he strides forward and says, "I smite thee!" Roland swings twice at Matilda, and the first blow strikes home, but the second misses narrowly. (Matilda - total 26 damage)

Slink stabs at the fighter (Bad 1). Taking advantage of Rufio gapple, Slink finds an easy target and sinks his blade in deep. (Bad 1 - 39 damage)

Rolls

Fireball - (5d8)

(65657) = 29

Bad 2 - oppose strength - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Roland - dex save - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Roland, attack, damage, smite - (1d20+8, 1d8+5, 3d8)

1d20+8 : (7) + 8 = 15

1d8+5 : (5) + 5 = 10

3d8 : (448) = 16

Roland, attack, damage - (1d20+8, 1d8+5)

1d20+8 : (5) + 8 = 13

1d8+5 : (3) + 5 = 8

Slink attack, damage - (1d20+6, 1d6+9)

1d20+6 : (17) + 6 = 23

1d6+9 : (1) + 9 = 10

Apr 15, 2016 10:21 pm
Initiative order is Seneia Rufio Elden Bads Szent Weylan Alanya Feylinde Matilda Roland Slink

Start of Round 10

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B36L4GDToEf6MzRnbjEtLUc5N28
Apr 16, 2016 5:27 am
Snarling like an animal, Rufio tries to bite the man's ear.
OOC:
Don't forget, while Rufio is raging, everyone has melee advantage against any enemy within 5 feet of him.

Rolls

Bite, damage - (1d20+5, 1d4+5)

1d4+5 : (1) + 5 = 6

crit damage - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Apr 18, 2016 10:25 pm
Now that his opponent is down, Elden will seek out another one of his companions and offer healing.

Rolls

Healing word/Cure Wounds (if I can get close enough) - (1d4+6, 1d8+6)

1d4+6 : (4) + 6 = 10

1d8+6 : (8) + 6 = 14

Apr 18, 2016 10:53 pm
Round 10

Rufio is inspired by the arrival of Slink to aid him. He sinks his teeth into the man's ear with rageful precision (Bad 1 - 48 damage)

Elden runs to the assistance of his friends. As he runs to the east he sees Szent and heals him with healing word (Szent heals 10 hit points)
OOC:
(I assume you move 55' next to Szent)
Seneia continues to ponder the universe.

Bad 1 is in a precarious position. He strikes out at Slink. (Slink 10 damage)

Bad 2 is slightly jolted by Alanya unexpected attack. He reaches out and touches her with a shocking grasp. (Alanya 6 damage)

Szent, Alanya, Weylan you are up

Rolls

shocking grasp - (1d20+3, 1d8)

1d20+3 : (14) + 3 = 17

1d8 : (6) = 6

Bad 1 attack, damage - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d8+3 : (7) + 3 = 10

Apr 18, 2016 11:14 pm
As the healing warmth engulfs him Szent peeks around the corner to see that Alanya appears to have the wizard's attention. Grabbing his hammer with both hands Szent rushes up from behind the wizard and attempts to bring the weapon down onto his magic little head.

Rolls

Hammer Attack / Damage - (1d20+5, 1d10+3)

1d10+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

Apr 19, 2016 12:02 am
Out of frustration, I knee the elf wizard in the balls. If that doesn't knock him over, I don't know what will!

Rolls

Attack (unarmed with proficiency minus strength) - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Damage - (1d6+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Apr 19, 2016 12:10 am
OOC:
roll some damage... D6+2. I think elves have balls? Oh ooch!
Apr 19, 2016 12:18 am
My knee finds purchase, and I grin.
OOC:
Updated!
Apr 20, 2016 12:09 pm
Round 10 conclusion

Szent is inspired by Elden's healing. He seems energised as he swings at the elf who has been such a pain in their side. Taking advantage of Alanya's brave distraction his hammer smacks into the elf's ribs. (Bad 2 - 24 damage)

Alanya is relieved to see the assistance of the paladin. The hammer blow staggers the elf momentarily and she see her opening. Instinctively she aims for his balls. Perhaps that's been a successful tactic in the past, because she seems to be good at it. Her knee makes contact, and the elf elf doubles over exhaling an "ooofff" and he crumples to the ground. She grins. (Bad 2 - 28 damage - unconscious).

Matilda is trapped at the door with Roland. She says, "You are such a fool, Roland. You think you are superior to everyone. You think your god protects you. And yet you wear sheets of metal as armor? I'll show you how worthless your protection is..." Sparks of electricity crackle on her hand, and she reaches out to touch him. She misses... Her eyes widen in surprise.

Roland grins. It isn't a friendly smile, more a smile of contained rage. "Shame you don't have a god to protect you, witch. You slay and slave the innocent and think that's acceptable behaviour? Trust me... and you can, I'm a paladin... I don't have to wait for a trial to show you justice." He swings his sword twice and says, "Torm, smite this woman and show her evil acts will not be tolerated!" Torm answers Roland's prayer, and Matilda feels the weight of Roland's wrath. She is slammed against the door behind her, and there is a flash of light as she is smited. Her mouth moves sliently as if to say something before slumping to the ground. (Matilda - 33 damage = 62 damage - dead)

Slink has advantage on Bad 1 thanks to Rufio. He stabs twice... Both attacks strike home. The troublesome fighter finally slumps to the ground. (Bad 1 - 62 damage - dead).

COMBAT OVER!!!

Rolls

Matilda - shocking grasp (advantage) - (1d20+6, 2d8, 1d20+6)

1d20+6 : (1) + 6 = 7

2d8 : (83) = 11

1d20+6 : (7) + 6 = 13

Roland - 2 attacks, damage, smite first hit - (1d20+11, 1d8+5, 1d20+11, 1d8+5, 3d8)

1d20+11 : (9) + 11 = 20

1d8+5 : (2) + 5 = 7

1d20+11 : (10) + 11 = 21

1d8+5 : (6) + 5 = 11

3d8 : (681) = 15

back stab, two attacks - (1d20+4, 1d6+9, 1d20+4, 1d6+9)

1d20+4 : (13) + 4 = 17

1d6+9 : (3) + 9 = 12

1d20+4 : (19) + 4 = 23

1d6+9 : (2) + 9 = 11

Apr 21, 2016 3:27 am
OOC:
The combat's over. You may post as you see fit. We are no longer on initiative.
Roland seeks out anyone injured... But starts by healing Seneia. She's lain dormant long enough.
(Lay on hands on Seneia... 20 hps healed)
Apr 21, 2016 6:10 am
Seneia grimaces as her eyes slowly come into focus. She instinctively tries to roll away from Roland's touch. It takes her a few moments to recognise the paladin.

"Ro-- Roland. What--?" she mutters.

Seneia raises her hand and wipes her mouth weakly. There is blood on her fingers. She stares at them for a moment and then pushes herself into a half-sitting position, her brow furrowing as she tries to clear her vision and understand what has happened.
Apr 21, 2016 6:36 am
Rufio kicks his foe's corpse repeatedly, and wolf-howls. He claps Slink on the shoulder as thanks for his help. As everyone begins to converge around Sir Roland, Rufio joins them, limping, blood trickling from his mouth and numerous sword sounds.
Apr 21, 2016 1:07 pm
Elden slings the unconscious female over his shoulder and joins the others, "Thank Lathander you came, sir. What brought you down here?"
Last edited April 21, 2016 3:12 pm
Apr 21, 2016 3:06 pm
I check the elf and grab whatever I can off his unconscious body so he can't use it against us later. Then I turn towards everyone. "I missed everything! What's going on? Is everything ok? What in the name of Torm are you doing here Sir Roland?!"
Apr 21, 2016 10:12 pm
Roland is relieved to see the orphans gather around him. He sees Rufio stagger towards him and says, "It looks like you've had a wail of a time, you young ruffian. Next time pick on someone your own size." He pats him on the shoulder and smiles (Rufio - 15 Hps lay on hands).

He watches Alanya search a body and rolls his eyes. There's a bombardment of questions, but he chooses to respond to Elden as Alanya seems busy.

"Slink fetched me. It took him a while because I wasn't at the orphanage. I came as soon as I could."

Slink nods. "When you said you were pursuing Milly, I realized you might get into trouble. After some thought I decided to let Roland know where you were. He confirmed he sent you, but I warned him it could be dangerous."

Roland suddenly interrupts. "Did you find Milly? Did everyone make it?"

Merlin sent a note to Moofsalot
Apr 21, 2016 10:38 pm
Embarrassed by his overall performance Szent says very little as Roland and the other discuss what has transpired.
Apr 21, 2016 10:38 pm
"We tried, but then all these guys and Matilda attacked us! We should ask this one. Maybe he knows where she is?" I give the elf a jab with my foot.
Apr 21, 2016 11:30 pm
Roland barks a command. "Search the cages!"
OOC:
roll perception if you search
Apr 21, 2016 11:45 pm
Roland's command snaps Szent to attention and he quickly follows his mentor's order as he starts to methodically search the cages.
OOC:
Ok, so not all that methodically.
Last edited April 21, 2016 11:46 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Apr 22, 2016 12:15 pm
Starting with the aisle where he'd been slugging it out with the slaver, Rufio starts searching the cages for Milly.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Apr 22, 2016 12:42 pm
I start at the opposite end of the room. "Milly?? Are you here?!"

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Apr 22, 2016 1:00 pm
Elden nods and begins to search the cages, hoping to find Milly in good health.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Apr 22, 2016 1:29 pm
Seneia grunts and uses the bars of the nearby cage to pull herself up. She looks around, takes an uncertain step forwards and stops again. Sighing, she lets herself fold back to the ground into a cross-legged sitting position. She closes her eyes, forces herself to take slow, deep breaths, and starts going through the different parts of her body, sensing what they feel like.
Apr 23, 2016 2:57 pm
The orphans begin to search the cages, and Roland and Slink assist too. The group is already aware that each cage is a cramped 5' cube, stacked in rows three high. At a rough guess there must be over 800 "living" spaces. Fortunately they aren't all full, but there are a lot of spaces occupied. Some were killed by the fireball, but the rest are still alive.

Now the combat is over, and the adrenaline subsided, the smell of human waste and uncleanliness is overwhelmingly apparent. The poor souls reach their arms out to you, pleading for you to release them. There are slaves of all races; humans, elves, dwarves etc. They are bedraggled and difficult to recognize. Roland is shocked by the horror and immediately starts to open the cages.

The orphans call for Milly and listen for a response.

Apr 23, 2016 3:35 pm
"Over here!" Elden shouts as he rushes to where he heard Milly's voice. Once he reaches her, he will open the cage.
Last edited April 23, 2016 3:36 pm
Apr 23, 2016 4:31 pm
Opening cages Szent hears Elden's call but chooses to ignore it, continuing instead to let as many captives free as he can.
Apr 25, 2016 3:00 am
Elden has little trouble finding Milly now he can hear her calling. She looks a shadow of the lively, energized bard he knows from the orphanage. But she is alive, and she smiles with relief when she sees him.
Apr 25, 2016 6:47 am
Aching, but satisfied that nothing in her is permanently broken, Seneia open her eyes and raises on her hooves. Her ears pick Milly's voice through all the others, and she starts hurrying towards it.
Apr 25, 2016 9:59 pm
"Milly! Are you ok?? I run over from across the room to our friend.
Apr 27, 2016 2:39 pm
Elden opens the cage, smashing the lock if he has to, He helps Milly out of it and leads her to Roland, carrying her if necessary.
Apr 27, 2016 11:10 pm
EPILOGUE

And so the epic tale of a group of orphans came to pass. They ventured into the unknown, and emerged heroes. Milly was truly grateful to her friends for rescuing her, but the truth was the orphans saved many lives that day. The 500 or so caged slaves were released and Roland ensured they received the best clerical care. The slave ring was disbanded following the death of Matilda. And Roland's orphanage received large donations from the public at large, enabling him to help more of the unfortunate living in Waterdeep.

The orphans were ably rewarded, the stories say.

Szent was rewarded with a +2 warhammer.
Alanya received a ring of free action.
Elden received a staff of healing.
Seneia received boots of speed.
Rufio received boots of elvenkind.
Each orphan was richer than before, each receiving 500gp.

Where they are now, no-one is sure. They may still be friends, adventuring together; or they may have moved away from Waterdeep seeking their own fame and fortune. Whatever their path, they will always be remembered by Roland and Milly.
OOC:
Thank you all for playing. You may advance one level. Hopefully we'll play together again soon.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.