1.3 Slaver's Lair

load previous
Jan 28, 2016 5:19 pm
"That was a mistake elf!"

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

Jan 28, 2016 11:14 pm
Initiative order... Elf, Weylan, Alanya, Feylinde, Szent, Rufio, Guards, Seneia, Elden

Round 1

As Weylan shouts "Friend" the Elf sees his opportunity and makes a dash along the corridor.

Weylan has an attack of opportunity...

Everyone else may post their actions...

So here's the situation based on a review of recent posts...

Everyone is moving down a narrow passage in single file.

The elf is leading the party.
Weylan is immediately behind elf.
Feylinde is behind Weylan.
Seneia is behind Feylinde.
Then it is Szent.
Then it is Rufio.
Then Alanya.
Then Elden.

Rolls

Elf initiative - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Guards initiatice - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Jan 29, 2016 12:32 am
Weylan is furious at this betrayal, and hurls jabs his spiker at the fleeing elf's back instinctively and runs to follow.
OOC:
Though of course I can understand his perspective as a player.
(edited to correct for the fact that an attack of opportunity is always melee)
Last edited January 31, 2016 6:04 am

Rolls

Javelin throw, damage - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (16) + 4 = 20

1d6+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Jan 29, 2016 3:40 am
Without a clear path to attack Szent will raise his shield and stay on Seneia's heels.
Jan 29, 2016 6:09 pm
A smile depicted on her face, Feylinde follows Weylan and charge the paws of Mr. Scratchy with magical energy. The familiar cat then jump on the elf to deliver

OOC: i move up to my speed (30 ft) and cast shocking grasp through the familiar. Since the familiar will use reaction to deliver my touch spell, it can even dash (base speed 40 ft+ dash = 80feet, so it should reach the elf ^_^)

spell description "...on Hit 1d8 lightning damage and target can't take reactions untill the start of its next turn."
I should have even advantage on attack roll if he wears metal armor, but since i don't remember it, just consider the 1st roll if i've no advantage.

Rolls

Shocking Grasp (advantage vs metal armor) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (7) + 5 = 12

1d20+5 : (16) + 5 = 21

Lightning damage - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Jan 29, 2016 6:22 pm
Seneia slips past Feylinde, her eyes fixed forward, searching for any sign of movement. If anyone appears within 40 feet, she springs ahead and tries to make contact with them.
OOC:
Seneia has Deflect Missiles reaction ability, in case the group is targeted with bows or other missiles.
Jan 30, 2016 6:38 am

OOC:
Depending on the elf's condition by the time Rufio's turn comes up:
-Bonus action to enter Rage.
-Move to reach the elf.
-Action to Shove elf prone.

The guy already took a few hits. If he's a bloody mess already Rufio will knock him out instead of shoving him prone.

Rolls

Shove prone (athletics, advantage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (18) + 5 = 23

1d20+5 : (17) + 5 = 22

Damage (if attacking instead of shoving) - (1d4+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Jan 30, 2016 6:16 pm
OOC:
I think an attack of opportunity has to be a melee attack, so I assume Weyaln jabs with the javelin.
As the elf makes a dash for freedom Weylan lashes out with his javelin. The weapon makes contact, and the elf curses. However the wound isn't fatal and the elf breaks free of his captors, running 60' along the corridor.
OOC:
Now Weylan gets his normal attack.
Jan 31, 2016 6:08 am
Weylan, chasing after the villain, quickly realizes that his short gams can't keep up with the leggy elf. So he throws his spiker at the miscreant, which is tough to do when running full tilt...

Full 25' move, attack with thrown javelin
Last edited January 31, 2016 6:08 am

Rolls

javelin throw, damage - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

1d6+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

Jan 31, 2016 10:45 pm
Initiative order... Elf, Weylan, Alanya, Feylinde, Szent, Rufio, Guards, Seneia, Elden

Marching order: elf, Weylan, Feylinde, Seneia, Szent, Rufio, Alanya, Elden.

Elf has moved 60'.

Weylan launches his spike at the retreating elf's back, but the missile strikes the wall of the passage, slightly off target. Weylan moves forward 25'. Weylan is 40' behind elf.

Alanya dashes forwards. Alanya is 25' behind elf.

Feylinde's cat bounds after the elf, and easily closes the gap. Feylinde casts shocking grasp, but the cat fails to deliver. Feylinde then moves forward 30'. Cat is 5' behind elf. Feylinde is 45' behind elf.
Ooc: for clarity, Feylinde's movement actions don't make sense, so I've tidied them up a bit. It is particularly worth noting that the elf is a wizard and doesn't wear metal armor, so no advantage, first roll counts).

Szent raises his shield and follows behind Seneia. Szent is 35' from the elf.

Rufio enters a rage and dashes forward, closing the gap on the elf. He can now see the guards ahead. Rufio is 20' behind elf.

The guards act. Anyone within 50' of the elf can see that the 5' wide corridor widens into a 25' wide room. A single guard stands at the opening and the elf is just in front of the guard. The guard is holding a long sword, but he can't attack anyone because the elf is in the way.

Seneia moves forward with a monkish dash (ooc: you didn't say, but I'm assuming you are dashing. Seneia is 10' from the elf with the cat between her and the elf).

Elden moves forward 60'. Elden is 30' from the elf.
OOC:
Imagine everyone is in a 5' corridor, and you can't occupy same space as someone else. The corridor widens to 25' feet. In the 25' wide space immediately adjacent to the corridor is a guard. Only way to pass him is through his space, but he is not in the corridor, but in the room. The order in the corridor is:

Guard, Elf, cat, Seneia, 5' space, Rufio, Alanya, Elden, Szent, Weylan, Feylinde.
End round 1
Jan 31, 2016 11:28 pm
Round 2

Elf rushes into room past guard.

Your turns....
Jan 31, 2016 11:35 pm
Seeing the guard in the room Feylinde stops and order her familiar to come back, than casts a beam of energy toward the elf back.

OOC this is my round 2 action. No movement now, hehehe.
OOC:
Elf out of sight. You can target guard. Guard will have half cover due to corridor being occupied.

Rolls

Eldritch Blast - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Force Damage - (1d10+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Feb 1, 2016 4:20 pm
Round two

Weylan rushes forward, drawing pretty as he races into the room.
Ooc: Double move to get Weylan into the room, adjacent to the guard.
Last edited February 5, 2016 1:03 am
Feb 1, 2016 4:38 pm
Elden sees the elf disappear from sight and turns his attention to the guard and calls upon Lathander to judge him.

Ooc: casting Sacred Flame on the guard, DC 13 dex save (no benefit from cover)

Rolls

Sacred Flame damage - (1d8)

(6) = 6

Feb 2, 2016 12:08 am
OOC: ok the target is the guard.
Feb 2, 2016 12:19 am
Feeling that he'll be unable to keep up with the fast moving Senia will place himself to the side of Weylan, adjacent to the guard. Seeing that the guard has yet to actually attack anyone he'll take a defensive posture, but will make no move to attack.
Feb 2, 2016 3:43 am
I attempt to run after the elf, past the guard. "Move, Rufio!! Come onnnnn!"
Feb 2, 2016 1:14 pm
Rufio charges the guard and tries to take the man down with a leaping drop-kick.

Rolls

Leaping drop-kick (non-lethal damage) - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Bonus grapple if the kick connects. - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (11) + 5 = 16

1d20+5 : (10) + 5 = 15

Feb 4, 2016 1:20 am
Marching order: elf, Weylan, Feylinde, Seneia, Szent, Rufio, Alanya, Elden.

Round 2

The elf rushes into the room, past the burly guard. He keeps running, and the guard says, "Sumarel, go tell Ms Matilda we have visitors. There's too many to hold them on my own." Sumarel the elf exits through the rear of the 30' long room into an open passage.

Weylan rushes towards the guard, and as the guard tries to block him the halfling nimbly ducks between his legs and stands behind the guard.

Alanya tries to run past the guard in hot pursuit of the elf, alas she finds that to be impossible, as she cannot run through the space he is occupying. She ends the round face to face with the guard, but leaves a space to avoid melee combat (DM intervention, because you couldn't do what you want to do).

Feylinde weaves a quick spell and blasts the guard in the chest. (Guard 10 damage)

Szent moves forward to face the guard. Finally combat!

Rufio moves behind Alanya but can't move forward any further due to the logger jam.

The guard lashes out at Szent but misses the paladin.

Elden rains fire on the guard. The guard seems miffed at missing Szent and fails to dodge the unexpected flame. (Guard 16 total damage).

Rolls

Guard on Szent - attack, damage - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

1d8+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Dex save, guard - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Feb 4, 2016 2:27 am
Round three

Swinging his axe from behind, Weylan hits the guard prettily (that is, with his axe) for nonlethal damage, intending to knock him down and out of the way. But he's winded from his run...

(edit to add Perception and Insight rolls)
Last edited February 5, 2016 1:05 am

Rolls

Pretty attack, damage - (1d20+4, 1d10+2)

1d20+4 : (1) + 4 = 5

1d10+2 : (9) + 2 = 11

Perception - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Insight - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.