1.3 Slaver's Lair

load previous
Feb 23, 2016 5:24 am
Rufio was about to stop Weylan from rushing into what is obviously a trap but seeing the look in his friend's eyes he checks himself. When Sent speaks Rufio nods and lopes after them wordlessly.
Feb 23, 2016 6:27 am
Seneia slips after Weylan, her movements swift, focused, flowing - leaving some space between herself and Weylan. When they reach the room, she does not pay much attention to the cages, but keeps moving ahead, her face a mirror of concentration and worry as she looks for something.
Feb 23, 2016 12:36 pm
I let the others run ahead of me and keep watch at the back, unsure what to do.
Feb 23, 2016 3:31 pm
Feylinde follows them, stopping just at Alanya side.
Feb 23, 2016 3:43 pm
Elden follows behind, urging Alanya and Feylinde to go ahead of him as he watches the back. He'd rather not leave the girls unprotected back there.
Feb 23, 2016 4:34 pm
"Where'd the elf and the others go? I don't like this..." I slowly creep forward, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. Are people hiding around a corner from us just waiting to pounce?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Feb 24, 2016 4:37 am
So Weylan forges ahead after hearing that their are people in cages immediately ahead. Szent follows behind the halfling, concerned about the welfare of the little man. Rufio follows next along the short corridor. Somehow Seneia, swift of foot, overtakes them all, and now leads. Alanya, Feylinde and Elden follow at the rear.

They enter the large room, and are immediately horrified by what's before them. Row after row of wooden cages fill the 100' x 200' space. The cages are about 5' cubes stacked three high in rows, with 5' corridors between. At a quick glance there must be hundreds of cages, with maybe half of them occupied. The smell is worse than they might have imagined... The smell of pain, loneliness and uncleanliness. The creatures within the cages try to hide from the orphans by retreating into a non-existent shadow in their cages.
Feb 24, 2016 6:51 am
"Recruitment business", Seneia hisses, her eyes darting quickly around the room. The smell and withdrawn reactions of the abused are all too familiar to her. More extreme than anything she has experienced, but still familiar. "He calls this recruitment business?"

Her tail whips back and forth in anger, sharply enough to break small objects. She moves further in, her eyes piercing the darkness, looking for any signs of movement outside the cages or exits.
Feb 24, 2016 8:03 am
Weylan will trot down the rows, looking for a target for his rage.
OOC:
How many rows are there? Are there obvious exits?
OOC:
There are about 20 rows of cages and 2 exits... One straight ahead and one to the left.
Feb 24, 2016 1:29 pm
Four small, floating lanterns flair up around the room in front of me. I attempt to get a better look at the prisoners in cages. "Milly! Are you here?"
Feb 24, 2016 10:42 pm
Bringing his hand up to his face in an attempt to filter the stench of the place Szent will approach the nearest occupied cage and investigate.
OOC:
Big and dumb, that's my Szent!
Last edited February 24, 2016 10:42 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Feb 25, 2016 1:31 am
The orphans hear someone yelling... A female.... "Here! Help! Here!"
Feb 25, 2016 4:45 pm
"Milly are you?" Feylinde moves toward the female voice in urgency to check who called for help.
Feb 25, 2016 4:57 pm
I run alongside Feylinde towards the voice, trying not to step on the cat.
Feb 26, 2016 6:16 am
"Are we sure that's her? It might be a trap!" Rufio hisses as he lopes along. He moves off, taking a side aisle, in the hope of flanking their enemies in the event that it is a trap.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Feb 26, 2016 9:37 pm
Weylan calls out "There's an exit to the back and another on the left!" as he runs to look at the exit on the left, still trying to see where the elf went.
Feb 26, 2016 10:40 pm
Feylinde and Alanya follow the sound of the female voice. The direction is to the right of the room, away from the exits. They pass six rows of cages before locating the source of the sound.

Elden stands watch at the entrance, and Weylan stands at the left exit.

Merlin sent a note to Moofsalot,Mariutti82
Feb 27, 2016 10:22 am
"Miss Matilda! What are you doing down here?" Feylinde says with a shocked face. "Roland sent us looking for Milly. Are you here for the same reason?" ...

"This is strange" Feilynde thinks "But I cannot doubt about Miss Matilda!"
Feb 27, 2016 10:34 am
Seneia's head snaps to the direction of Feylinde when she hears the name of Miss Matilda. Her expression darkens, as if she heard exactly what she'd be dreading. Without saying a word, she springs ahead, towards Feylinde and Alanya.
Feb 28, 2016 11:16 am
OOC:
Please see the map below. Based on descriptions I have placed characters in the most likely locations.
http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B36L4GDToEf6emI4VnZzWHQxVE0
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.