Sacred Flame, DC 13 Dex save, no benefit from cover

My action will change drastically if the guard goes down
Last edited February 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Rolls

Sacred Flame damage - (1d8)

(7) = 7

Feb 17, 2016 11:58 pm
OOC:
Seems we have lost Ss19 for the moment, so I'll plough on regardless.
Round 4

Weylan attempts to stab the guard, but his weak jab deflects off his armor. Alanya's viscous mockery does not have the desired effect, it seems.
Feylinde launches an Eldritch blast, striking the guard for 5 damage. (35 damage)
Szent impresses his comrades with his "hammer time" strike, missing wildly.
Rufio tries to get creative with a headbutt but is left rubbing his forehead.
The guard retaliates, by attempting to strike Rufio, but misses.
Elden strikes with fire from the heavens, and the guard collapses to the ground, burning to death.

End of combat.

Rolls

Attack, damage - (1d20+5, 1d20+2)

1d20+5 : (6) + 5 = 11

1d20+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Fire - save - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Feb 18, 2016 8:09 pm
"Now we need to decide what to do next guys! We know there are more of them, maybe coming right now. Saing so Feylinde invokes her patron powers to protect herself and enters the room.

I cast Armor of Agathys on myself (duration 1 hour):
gain 5 temporary HP; if hit by melee and temporary HP are on, the attacker take 5 cold damage.
(+5 temp. hp and cold damage per spell slot level beyhond 1st).
And since my spell slots are of 2nd level I gain 10 temporary hp.
Feb 18, 2016 8:21 pm
Elden sees the man fall under his conjured flames and suddenly he's having a hard time swallowing. He moves forward to the fallen man and says a brief prayer before moving into the next room and taking a look around.
OOC:
Not searching the room, just stepping in and seeing if anything looks out of the ordinary

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Feb 18, 2016 8:31 pm
Rufio steps over the fallen man's ashes and strides over to the mouth of the passageway where the elf disappeared.
Feb 18, 2016 11:37 pm
Szent walks over to the guard and kneels besides his body. "Sorry" he whispers as he slowly starts to search through the dead man's belongings; hoping to find some sort of clue as to what is happening down here.
OOC:
Not sure how badly the man was burned, so Szent may be wasting his time here.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(20) + 1 = 21

Feb 20, 2016 12:38 pm
Szemely finds nothing of value on him. Guards rarely do.

Elden notes there is nothing special about the room. It is a guard room, sparsely furnished with an uncomfortable chair and a desk. On the desk is a pad of paper where the guard had been doodling, and you note he is particularly untalented in that respect.

Rufio heads to the exit, and peers along another dark corridor.
Feb 20, 2016 5:14 pm
Merlin says:
On the desk is a pad of paper where the guard had been doodling, and you note he is particularly untalented in that respect.
OOC:
That is wonderful.
Weylan follows Rufio to the exit, looking to follow the fleeing elf. What is down there? Is it a passage or a doorway?
Feb 20, 2016 6:14 pm
"If you want, I could send Mr. Scratchy ahead." says Feylinde to the others "Any noise Seneia?"
Feb 21, 2016 6:29 pm
"Good idea, Feylinde." Rufio whispers. "Safer than Seneia scouting ahead all alone."
Feb 21, 2016 6:36 pm
Mr Scratchy advances down the dark corridor with Feylinde observing progress in a trance. About 60' ahead the corridor turns through a right angle and 10' later the corridor opens into a large area filled with cages.
Feb 21, 2016 10:09 pm
"Go ahead Mr. Scratchy" Feylinde telepathically orders to the familiar "Let me see what is in those cages, but be quiet".
You see her eyes turned white as she his concentrating on her familiar.

OOC: I'll say what I see to the others.

Rolls

Mr. Scratchy Stealth - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Feb 22, 2016 12:07 am
"Cages? Don't like the sound of that..."
Feb 22, 2016 12:24 am
The cat cautiously enters the massive room. It is dimly lit by torches on the walls. Cages are stacked three high, and are grouped to form passages between them. I good proportion of the cages are occupied by humanoids. Strangely the cat can't see any guards.
Feb 22, 2016 12:28 am
"Cages? Like, for animals??" I stay close to the walls hoping that will somehow help me stay hidden.
Feb 22, 2016 4:07 pm
"Stay there Mr. Scratchy and warn me if anything changes" Feylinde orders to her familiar before regaining awareness of her surroindings, and her eyes returning in their position. "Yes Alanya, but they're more the humanoid size. It seems there are slavers after all!""
Feb 22, 2016 4:16 pm
"Can Mr. Scratchy tell if Milly is in there?" Elden can feel his stomach turn with disgust. So much pain and misery for the sake of money...
Last edited February 22, 2016 4:24 pm
Feb 22, 2016 4:20 pm
"What! How many??"
Feb 22, 2016 6:13 pm
Weylan has begun to imagine that maybe the destruction of his tribe didn't result in everyone being killed...that maybe there was capture, abuse, and slavery for some of his clan. Maybe, maybe not. But the thought of the possibility is filling him with a vast fury that his little body can hardly contain. All of his grief and loneliness is coming back with this kidnapping of Milly and this apparent confirmation of humanoid slavery, and he's envisioning these slavers as an outlet for his revenge.

"Let's get them out of there!" he growls, and proceeds down the passageway, eyes blazing.
Feb 22, 2016 11:41 pm
"Normally I'd insist on patience, but seeing as our presence is known, we should get to those cages before reinforcements arrive."

Szent hooks his shield onto his back and follows Weylan down the passageway. Sensing his companion's rage he offers a bit of knowingly unwanted advice, "Stay focused, my friend. We'd like to stay away from hostilities when dealing with these hostages."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.